PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ Iowa

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Couldn't believe this:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20170263/preview-northern-iowa-panthers-at-iowa-hawkeyes

What other FCS teams have had major media pick them to beat a BCS opponent, let alone an in-state rival.

Should be a good game, and nothing going either way would surprise me. Hoping to witness our first win at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM
ESPN Big 10 blogger:

NORTHERN IOWA at IOWA

Adam Rittenberg: I've wanted to pick against Iowa twice now and hesitated, getting burned last week. This time, I'm going against the Hawkeyes, even though the opponent is Northern Iowa. The FCS Panthers have nothing to lose, while Iowa continues to play tight on offense. UNI nearly beat a good Iowa team in 2009. It beats a bad one this year. ... Northern Iowa 17, Iowa 16

clenz
September 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I would have that national media picking UNI would give me confidence....instead it's going the opposite. ****ing national bulletin board material to piss off a B10 team playing a FCS team....

MplsBison
September 13th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I would have that national media picking UNI would give me confidence....instead it's going the opposite. ****ing national bulletin board material to piss off a B10 team playing a FCS team....

I hear ya.

Back in 2006 or 2007, can't remember which season, a well known columnist for the Mpls Star Tribune wrote that the Gophers would have a 40-0 victory over NDSU. (it was Sid Hartman trying to stump for his car salesman friend Tim Brewster)

To see big time media pick against a Big 10 team (for crying out loud) vs. an I-AA, that has got to invoke some pretty emotional speeches about "Hawkeye pride". But all that stuff goes out the window once the game is being played.

Laker
September 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Are the Hawkeyes going to wear the retro uniforms again? That didn't seem to work well for them against the Cyclones.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM

They can't be any more pissed. They sucked at home against Iowa State last week and know what happened in 2009.

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Best of Luck to ya! Make the MVFC and all of FCS proud!

unigriff
September 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
i find it funny that on our board, panthernation.com that there are dual fan (hawkeyes) that think they played really well against Iowa State. it makes me laugh. The only thing close about that game was the final score.

cbarrier90
September 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mark Schlabach, August 6, 2007

"Appalachian State, the two-time defending Division I-AA national champion, steps up in competition to play Michigan in the Big House on Sept. 1. And the Mountaineers will keep it close."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview07/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2957159