PDA

View Full Version : Marshall vs Montana 1995 preview video

grizband
July 23rd, 2006, 02:16 PM
A little nostalgia here, this is a four part preview on the 1995 I-AA national championship done by a new station in Hungtington, WV. The best line comes when the announcers talk about All American running back Chris Parker (who at the time held virtually ever SoCon rushing record):
Announcer #1: Do you ever think Chris Parker’s records will be broken?
Announcer #2: Uh, not for a long, long time. Hes been running har and long for four years, and they will be hard to take.

Enter Adrian Peterson the next seaon, who in four years broke alot of these records.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6_X59q5baI&mode=related&search=montana%20grizzlies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiPqd-Kpu4E&mode=related&search=montana%20grizzlies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ND2-IF8N0&mode=related&search=montana%20grizzlies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPMr2gcTBc&mode=related&search=montana%20grizzlies

GrizFoo
July 23rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
I like "Dave Dickenson has completed more passes than Marshal has attempts". :D

grizband
July 23rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
I like "Dave Dickenson has completed more passes than Marshal has attempts". :D
Yeah, that was another good line.:hurray:

July 23rd, 2006, 03:13 PM
thanks for the head's up!

Ronbo
July 23rd, 2006, 03:30 PM
Here's highlights of the game.

http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2005_2006_an/Media/Football/1995_Highlig/fb951216.wmv

Chi Panther
July 23rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
What a great game!!!!

catamount man
July 23rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
What a great game!!!!

No doubt. It was one to remember. Man, I miss Marshall being gone from the SoCon. When we upset them in '92 in Cullowhee, they were the #2 ranked team in I-AA.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mr. C
July 23rd, 2006, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=grizband]A little nostalgia here, this is a four part preview on the 1995 I-AA national championship done by a new station in Hungtington, WV. The best line comes when the announcers talk about All American running back Chris Parker (who at the time held virtually ever SoCon rushing record):
Announcer #2: Uh, not for a long, long time. Hes been running har and long for four years, and they will be hard to take.

Enter Adrian Peterson the next seaon, who in four years broke alot of these records.
[QUOTE]
Chris Parker was extremely overrated. He was more a product of the Marshall system, running behind a big offensive line, than anything else. He had a tendancy to disappear in big games and get a lot of his yards in games against also-rans. By the time he was a senior in 1995, the Herd was already starting to work in some other guys, who were much more talented.

AP, on the other hand, was at his best in big games, and was a super nice kid to boot. No doubt in my mind who the better back was. AP took a licking and always kept on ticking.

grizband
July 23rd, 2006, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=grizband]A little nostalgia here, this is a four part preview on the 1995 I-AA national championship done by a new station in Hungtington, WV. The best line comes when the announcers talk about All American running back Chris Parker (who at the time held virtually ever SoCon rushing record):

[QUOTE]
Chris Parker was extremely overrated. He was more a product of the Marshall system, running behind a big offensive line, than anything else. He had a tendancy to disappear in big games and get a lot of his yards in games against also-rans. By the time he was a senior in 1995, the Herd was already starting to work in some other guys, who were much more talented.

AP, on the other hand, was at his best in big games, and was a super nice kid to boot. No doubt in my mind who the better back was. AP took a licking and always kept on ticking.
I am a huge fan of AP, but couldn't it be said that he was also a product of the GSU system of an option attack (althouhg seeing him in the 2000 championship game, I have no doubt that he is an amazing runnig back).

July 23rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
I am a huge fan of AP, but couldn't it be said that he was also a product of the GSU system of an option attack (althouhg seeing him in the 2000 championship game, I have no doubt that he is an amazing runnig back).AP is the NCAA D-I all-time leading rusher. If some system created his yards then those systems have faded away.

grizband
July 23rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
AP is the NCAA D-I all-time leading rusher. If some system created his yards then those systems have faded away.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to downplay APs accomplishments. His career stats and awards prove how great he was on the field.

Mr. C
July 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
AP has also proven his talent with a nice career in the NFL (if only those Bear idiots would play him more. GIVE AP THE BALL. PLEASE). Parker never made it in the NFL. AP would have excelled in any college system, though the Georgia Southern system was perfect for him.

putter
July 24th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I have that 1995 highlight video. It was amazing how potent that offense was. You knew they were going to pass and yet it was difficult to stop. Poor Stephen F. Austin that year, 70-14 in the NC Semis.

Grizzaholic
July 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe it is just me, but I miss the old uni's.

catbob
July 25th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I have that 1995 highlight video. It was amazing how potent that offense was. You knew they were going to pass and yet it was difficult to stop. Poor Stephen F. Austin that year, 70-14 in the NC Semis.

I was at the game. That was FREEZING.

Grizzaholic
July 25th, 2006, 11:04 AM
What about E. Kentucky 48-0 and GA Southern 45-0. If my math is right, in the playoffs that year we were 185-34 in points. The next year it was not quite as good, 191-73 ( Marshall hung one on us ) but we hung one on Troy St 70-7.

putter
July 25th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I was trying to find a post game view from the Marshall TV station. It would have been good to hear their point of view after the game.