PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State Promo Video for 9/15 vs. UTSA

Tuscon
September 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm immediately regretting posting this here, but it's kind of awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0RMOMQtsBy0

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I like the glasses. They'll help take the sting off of a beatdown by UTSA, AND, make it seem like the Dome is full.

Great job, Georgia State!

GlassOnion
September 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Pity they dont put in this much effort on the field.

Tuscon
September 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I like the glasses. They'll help take the sting off of a beatdown by UTSA, AND, make it seem like the Dome is full.

Don't forget the glow in the dark shirts!

EKU-n-GSU
September 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
They do have a very good punter, though...(good thing!)

Gringer1
September 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I heard they are having a "red seat" promotion night. All of their fans are encouraged to dress as red seats so the dome looks full.

GATA_Eagles
September 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
This rivals "Hot, Hot, Hot"

asumike83
September 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM
This rivals "Hot, Hot, Hot"

You shut your mouth. NOTHING rivals hot, hot, hot!

DJnva
September 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Kudos to Bill Curry for playing along. I hope eventually you guys can promote a game by talking about football.

GATA
September 12th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Jerry Moore uses metamucil ...

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I heard they are having a "red seat" promotion night. All of their fans are encouraged to dress as red seats so the dome looks full.
Broken record.

You shut your mouth. NOTHING rivals hot, hot, hot!
Truth. But I appreciate the sentiment.

Kudos to Bill Curry for playing along. I hope eventually you guys can promote a game by talking about football.
What's that even mean? Plenty of programs run viral ads like this.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Jerry Moore uses metamucil ...

Hey, the guy's regular. He poops as often as he wins football games.

BTW, no one loses to El Cid and wins the conference. Thanks for holding on to our trophy for a year xthumbsupx

Twentysix
September 13th, 2012, 10:11 AM
At NDSU those glasses would be raining onto the field. Damn kids can't help but throw everything they are given onto the field. One time we gave out glow sticks for our intro...
Video isn't bad.

Gringer1
September 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM

BTW, no one loses to El Cid and wins the conference. Thanks for holding on to our trophy for a year xthumbsupx

I get the feeling Bill Curry has a BM as often as he wins games. That could explain why he always looks so uncomfortable.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 10:18 AM
UNCC will never win because girls don't poop.

Dukie95
September 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Don't mess around with the diet shakes, oh no.

Twentysix
September 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Have I got a book for you http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Everyone_Poops.jpg

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Have I got a book for you http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Everyone_Poops.jpg

No! Santa Claus IS real!

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM

Once again you can't keep our name out of your mouth. It is cute that think about us so much.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Once again you can't keep our name out of your mouth. It is cute that think about us so much.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?116230-Notre-Dame-to-ACC&p=1841504&highlight=#post1841504

Right back at 'cha xthumbsupx

They took Appy's spot.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
LOL,
True to form, Panama has posted this on the Sun Belt forum.

Too bad it was posted on that forum last night, by Panthersomethingrather, and had already fallen off the page cause no one gives a s_t.

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 12:34 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?116230-Notre-Dame-to-ACC&p=1841504&highlight=#post1841504

Right back at 'cha xthumbsupx

So I assume you don't think they took your spot?

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
LOL,
True to form, Panama has posted this on the Sun Belt forum.

Too bad it was posted on that forum last night, by Panthersomethingrather, and had already fallen off the page cause no one gives a s_t.
You seem to give a s__t. Otherwise, why are you here?

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
So I assume you don't think they took your spot?

The Carolina Panthers took our NFC South spot in 1995.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM

Im making fun of Ga St, of course.

And pointing out the desperate lengths that some Ga St fans will go for attention.

Its also said the glasses were given to the university for free so the school would produce a viral video. Im guessing there is now an open position in that companies advertising dept.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM

He finds amusement in the pathetic goings-on of glorified community colleges. GaSo and App are brothers in this hobby.

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Im making fun of Ga St, of course.

And pointing out the desperate lengths that some Ga St fans will go for attention.

Its also said the glasses were given to the university for free so the school would produce a viral video. Im guessing there is now an open position in that companies advertising dept.

Awwww, come on. The video is great. The glasses were donated with the stipulation that our athletics department would make a video in 24 hours. To be fair to Panama, I don't read many of Panthersville.com's posts and the Headline was not very indicative of the content of the post.

He finds amusement in the pathetic goings-on of glorified community colleges. GaSo and App are brothers in this hobby.

So he gives a s__t..... What exactly qualifies Georgia State(And I'm assuming UNCC) as a "glorified community college"? The only things I can find that separates us from the rest of y'all is 1) The size of the university and 2) the urban location. So large, urban universities are glorified community colleges?

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
So he gives a s__t..... What exactly qualifies Georgia State(And I'm assuming UNCC) as a "glorified community college"? The only things I can find that separates us from the rest of y'all is 1) The size of the university and 2) the urban location. So large, urban universities are glorified community colleges?

Super low admission standards and the lack of a college experience, history and soul.

NC State is a urban Uni, but they have a unique atmosphere and experience in the university area. Their admissions are very competitive too.

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Super low admission standards and the lack of a college experience, history and soul.

NC State is a urban Uni, but they have a unique atmosphere and experience in the university area. Their admissions are very competitive too.

We only let in 52% of our applicants. The average high school GPA is 3.31. That's not exactly a lack of standards. Just sayin'. We're classified as a research university which is the highest classification.

We were established in 1913, so that blows your history argument out of the water.

A college experience is different for everyone. I tend to think I had a great college experience. I very much enjoyed going to school in an urban environment. It's true, we used to identify as a commuter school, but our administration has taken great strides to create more on-campus living as well as making moves like introducing football. Speaking about a university's "soul" is entirely subjective. If you've never experienced living and going to school at Georgia State, you can't make the arguement that we lack "soul" or a college experience.

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Awwww, come on. The video is great. The glasses were donated with the stipulation that our athletics department would make a video in 24 hours. To be fair to Panama, I don't read many of Panthersville.com's posts and the Headline was not very indicative of the content of the post.

Don't worry about him, App is nothing but a teacher and liberal arts mill. Very few technical programs and they also don't have Phd programs.

When you see App State....think OWS crowd.

ODUwildman
September 13th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quite amusing.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Don't worry about him, App is nothing but a teacher and liberal arts mill. Very few technical programs and they also don't have Phd programs.

Ha! Every part of our business school puts yours to shame. We were a teachers college before you existed, that's all. UNCC graduates more teachers than does Appalachian and so do ECU.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Holy ****! Is that a real thing that school is putting out?

This a damn hoax isn't it...you SOB's got me!

Good one fella's! I fell for it!

Holy crap, could you imagine if someone did that for real?xlolx

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Holy ****! Is that a real thing that school is putting out?

This a damn hoax isn't it...you SOB's got me!

Good one fella's! I fell for it!

Holy crap, could you imagine if someone did that for real?xlolx

Coach Curry in those glasses is the best part. xthumbsupx

Gringer1
September 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Wait, you're criticising a university for not having enough technical diplomas? Do you not know the difference between a university and a tech school? How can you make fun of a school for turning out large numbers of teachers? I'm guessing you went to school at some point in your life, so having a teacher was probably fairly important to you.

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Wait, you're criticising a university for not having enough technical diplomas? Do you not know the difference between a university and a tech school? How can you make fun of a school for turning out large numbers of teachers? I'm guessing you went to school at some point in your life, so having a teacher was probably fairly important to you.

Where did I say teachers weren't an intergral part of society? Please show me. Yes, I realize the different between a tech school and a university. I was speaking towards the technical programs within the university.

Gringer1
September 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Where did I say teachers weren't an intergral part of society? Please show me. Yes, I realize the different between a tech school and a university. I was speaking towards the technical programs within the university.

You tried to belittle App by saying that teachers aren't impressive graduates and that a liberal arts education is somehow shameful. You realize that liberal arts are the cornerstone of the university experience, don't you? You were probably that guy in literature class asking "why do we have to read and stuff? I just want to know how to run a Motel6!"

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
You were probably that guy in literature class asking "why do we have to read and stuff? I just want to know how to run a Motel6!"

Like OMG how did you know?

Humor me, what was your degree in?

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 03:04 PM
You tried to belittle App by saying that teachers aren't impressive graduates and that a liberal arts education is somehow shameful. You realize that liberal arts are the cornerstone of the university experience, don't you? You were probably that guy in literature class asking "why do we have to read and stuff? I just want to know how to run a Motel6!"

Exactly. It all comes back to college experience. This guy doesn't know the first thing.

A trade school is where people go to learn skills for their career and nothing else. A University broadens the mind in many ways, including teaching those applicable skills.

UNH Fanboi
September 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Ga. St. fans while watching the game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY#

My eyes, the glasses do nothing!

UNH Fanboi
September 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Ga. St. fans while watching the game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY#

My eyes, the glasses do nothing!

Gringer1
September 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Like OMG how did you know?

Humor me, what was your degree in?

My degree was in yo momma.

http://eternaleve.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/340x.gif

WH49er
September 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
A University broadens the mind in many ways, including teaching those applicable skills.

Kind of like the Harry Potter class they teach at your university.

Gringer1
September 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Kind of like the Harry Potter class they teach at your university.

Harry Potter is at Elon. Come on, man. Pay attention.

asucrutch23
September 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Harry Potter is at Elon. Come on, man. Pay attention.

And Yale xeekx

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-03-25/entertainment/cnnu.potter_1_potter-books-harry-potter-luna-lovegood?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw4AyCCWcXw
THIS is how you get people to come to games, but then you'd have to make the playoffs in the first place :D

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
THIS is how you get people to come to games, but then you'd have to make the playoffs in the first place :D

Well you can do THAT if you wanna be second best in the Socon...

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
The season is long from over glass. See you in November.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
The season is long from over glass. See you in November.

Wait, I thought this was attendance smack. Is there a Swamp Festival that same weekend or something, cause short of that epic tourist draw, I think App is pretty safe at #1. xcloud9x

BucBisonAtLarge
September 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
OK, I think GaState fans on here have been 'challenging', but I appreciate the video demonstration of not taking oneself too seriously. That is one skill you will require for the rest of the season.

GATA_OneMoreTime
September 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Wait, I thought this was attendance smack. Is there a Swamp Festival that same weekend or something, cause short of that epic tourist draw, I think App is pretty safe at #1. xcloud9x
Mine was just more general GaSt sucks smack.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mine was just more general GaSt sucks smack.

Ok, got ya. Just make sure you guys dont lose any Socon games so its a 1 versus 2 matchup in Nov.

Wait...Damn!

I kid, I kid!

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I love the life cycle of a Georgia State thread:

1) Georgia State has some news or some smack.
2) Conversation devolves into smack between App State and Charolotte.
3) Conversation becomes circle jerk between App State and GS.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Tuscon, Dont you have a loss to plan for?

Tuscon
September 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Tuscon, Dont you have a loss to plan for?

Just got back from the grocery store for tailgate foods, but now that you mention it, I still need to stop by the liquor store.

DJnva
September 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM
What's that even mean? Plenty of programs run viral ads like this.

Must have missed them.

GlassOnion
September 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Just got back from the grocery store for tailgate foods, but now that you mention it, I still need to stop by the liquor store.

That was good. I have to give you credit for that. Good man.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I love the life cycle of a Georgia State thread:

1) Georgia State has some news or some smack.
2) Conversation devolves into smack between App State and Charolotte.
3) Conversation becomes circle jerk between App State and GS.

Give enough time and posts all threads in AGS will devolve into:

1. App vs. UNCC Smack
2. UND vs NDSU Smack
3. GA Southern vs GA State Smack
4. Pondering the future of the Patriot League

superman7515
September 13th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Speaking of which.. Local television shows up to Georgia State vs UTSA... Kanye West rolls off Kim Kardashian and notices the cameras have zoomed in on both the GaSt fans... Kanye West files multi-million dollar lawsuit for copyright infringement of Flashing Lights... Georgia State loses lawsuit and takes offer from 100 Black Men of Atlanta to replace Florida A&M in the Atlanta Football Classic... FAMU, needing to make up the lost dollars, tries to schedule an FBS game on the same day as a MEAC game, a-la Delaware State.... MEAC places sanctions on Florida A&M football, who for the third time in 30 years packs up their toys and leaves the MEAC... Florida A&M accepts an invitation to the Big South... Liberty hears that black folk are moving into the neighborhood and works out a deal with the CAA... Collect underpants... ?... William & Mary to the Patriot League.

T-Dog
September 14th, 2012, 12:39 AM

Jaybo needs to tone down his voice. He was way too excited in this clip.

The quotes should have gotten more outrageous as the video went on.

Brent Russell: If you don't show up to our game this Saturday, I will come over to your dorm and eat you.

Youyoute: if you don't show up this weekend, I'll **** your girl in front of you.

Monken: If y'all don't support us at this game, you'll meet Erk in heaven by Sunday morning.

SpeedkingATL
September 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Glad Curry doesn't take himself too seriously; of course he has already implemented his escape plan....

Tuscon
September 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Glad Curry doesn't take himself too seriously; of course he has already implemented his escape plan....

Retirement? We all pretty much knew he'd be out. The guys old.

paward
September 14th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Can not wait until the Spiders invade the Dome. On a side note you could fill that dome up if you have a GSU vs GSU game there.

813Jag
September 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Speaking of which.. Local television shows up to Georgia State vs UTSA... Kanye West rolls off Kim Kardashian and notices the cameras have zoomed in on both the GaSt fans... Kanye West files multi-million dollar lawsuit for copyright infringement of Flashing Lights... Georgia State loses lawsuit and takes offer from 100 Black Men of Atlanta to replace Florida A&M in the Atlanta Football Classic... FAMU, needing to make up the lost dollars, tries to schedule an FBS game on the same day as a MEAC game, a-la Delaware State.... MEAC places sanctions on Florida A&M football, who for the third time in 30 years packs up their toys and leaves the MEAC... Florida A&M accepts an invitation to the Big South... Liberty hears that black folk are moving into the neighborhood and works out a deal with the CAA... Collect underpants... ?... William & Mary to the Patriot League.
actually they can take Southern's place in the Atlanta Football Classic, that way they can finally play in front of a large crowd at the dome. Although that totally throws off that wonderful scenario you have xlolx

eaglewraith
September 15th, 2012, 05:27 PM

And you were saying?

dirty bird
September 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Great prediction Rev, 34-14 UTSA.

eaglewraith
September 15th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Great prediction Rev, 34-14 UTSA.

Except making it look like the Dome is full.

http://i.imgur.com/2Kngs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cLYgP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hd495.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3kD5v.jpg

BlueHenSinfonian
September 15th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Except making it look like the Dome is full.
http://i.imgur.com/3kD5v.jpg

Ugh. Can the CAA request GA State remove those logos from the field? We really don't want to be associated with that program...

seantaylor
September 15th, 2012, 11:43 PM
As I've said over and over. Georgia State won't have a football program in 5 years. The Sunbelt should be ashamed of themselves for accepting State. It makes zero sense. Market means absolutely nothing when your own market just doesn't care.