PDA

View Full Version : One bad week: NDSU down four starters

AmsterBison
September 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Ryan Smith, starting WR, out for a couple weeks at least with a recurring hamstring injury(missed the Colorado State game)
Colten Heagle, Eagle destroyer, out for the year with a knee injury.
Garrett Bruhn, starting TE and only Bison player to have a TD reception going into the season - knee injury, might be out for the season
Marcus Williams - All-American corner is out for a couple weeks (at least) with knee surgery.

Lots of other injuries too. Bison are pretty banged up.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2012, 07:56 PM
It seems like it's the cliche everyone uses but the bye week comes at a pretty good time. However, that means there are no byes during the league schedule which worries me. Interesting side note is that if Marcus isn't back for the UNI game it'll be former Panther Andre Martin starting against his old squad on 9/29.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah I just saw Dom Izzo twitter that Marcus Williams had his knee scoped.

Here is one opinion: some of this is elective. Before you call me crazy, just consider that NDSU has essentially two bye weeks before jumping into a giant meat grinder. They have the actual bye week this week and then next week they play nobody PVA&M. No one who isn't 95% or better should even play that week and the 2's and 3's should get most of the reps. It should be about like Mississippi Valley St in 2007 (for anyone who remembers that game).

So...that said....Smith and Williams, I think they're going to be back for UNI. Now, if you watch to BMB video - there's a chance that Bruhn might not be done. Waiting MRI results. He's probably the guy we can afford to lose of the four. But still, you want a senior leader out there if possible.

Heagle...tough deal. But I will say this: wait for the MRI before you say that the fat lady has sung. Miracles happen. It could be a bad sprain rather than a complete tear.....though those damn ACL's are little wimpy ligaments.

McNeese72
September 10th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ryan Smith, starting WR, out for a couple weeks at least with a recurring hamstring injury(missed the Colorado State game)
Colten Heagle, Eagle destroyer, out for the year with a knee injury.
Garrett Bruhn, starting TE and only Bison player to have a TD reception going into the season - knee injury, might be out for the season
Marcus Williams - All-American corner is out for a couple weeks (at least) with knee surgery.

Lots of other injuries too. Bison are pretty banged up.

Welcome to our last two seasons. You get enough injuries it can kill a season.

Good luck and I hope you don't get anymore this season.

Doc

McNeese75
September 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Based on his performance in the playoffs last year, losing Heagle is really big.

Hopefully you will not have any more

frozennorth
September 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM
optimistic all but heagle will be back for at least ysu, if not UNI. Still good enough to win both those games.

HannahO
September 10th, 2012, 10:42 PM
When you get down 14 starters (7 on each side of the ball) including 7 starters for the season and end up having only 5 players start all 11 starts, then you'll being experiencing EWU's 2011 season. We were starting a 3rd string TE at center in the Montana game. In some respects it's pretty amazing that we even went 6-5.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Once they get healthy they can get suspended for voter fraud. xthumbsupx

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/373903/group/Sports/

Well, it looks like MRI confirmed Heagle's done. Damn!

But Williams is only going to be out the two weeks, like I thought they must've just went in and tried to clean some stuff up while he gets this little break here. Also confirms that Bruhn might be able to keep fighting through it.

Didn't say anything about Smith, so I have to assume he'll give it a go for UNI. But it did also mention Derrick Lang has a chest injury. Dropping like flies. But like I said....UNI, YSU and IND St. Geez you hate to say it, but if you can get passed those three games then you can almost think about resting some guys the next three weeks and then bring them back the last two weeks for SDSU and ILL St.

underdawg
September 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Has the Salukis mailed in the win to the Bisons already? Jeese--check your ego!

msupokes1
September 11th, 2012, 05:39 PM

I am sure it was more of an oversight issue than it was an ego issue.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM

Not sure if you were talking to me, but I'll gladly answer anyway.

Because from where I'm sitting so far, the South Dakota, SIU and MSU weeks look like the best chances to rest banged up players between the brutal middle and end of the regular season for NDSU.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Man, Heagle being done really sucks. I really took a shine to the way that young fella plays the game. Very sorry to hear this news.