PDA

View Full Version : Important I-AA Movement

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Hey guys,

I'm writing to you because 80% of 1-AA is in NCAA 07 the videogame, but EA Sports excluded about 35 teams. Some of the exceptions are notable--

Colgate -- past runner-up at 1-aa
UC Davis -- W over Stanford
N. Colorado -- joining a conference that is otherwise fully represented

Some of the other teams: Dayton, Duqeusne, Drake, Davidson, Georgetown, Fordham, Bucknell, Lehigh, Lafayette, Marist, La Salle, Albany, Stony Brook, Coastal Carolina, VMI, Liberty, Charleston Southern, San Diego, Valparaiso, Morehead St., Cal Poly, etc.

They did not even update the 1-AA rosters from NCAA 06 to 07.

I know for a fact that EA does not have issues with trademarks, etc..

Please join me in writing to the producers so that all of 1-AA will be represented!

Larry Richart, Anthony White, Kendall Boyd
EA Tiburon
1950 Summit Park Dr
Orlando, FL 32810

Here is a convo I had with Kendall:
Brad Smith, Davidson, NC: Dear Kendall, There were many notable 1-AA teams missing from NCAA 07 including Colgate, previous national 1-AA runner-up, UC Davis which beat Stanford, N. Colorado which is in an otherwise represented conference, and Davidson. Why are these teams not in NCAA 07, and will they be added for NCAA 08? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Yours, Brad Smith '07

Kendall Boyd: One of the things here this year is next gen, we didn't put any of the I-AA's in because we wanted to get all the I-A's in. If we wanted to put one school in, we had to put in the whole conference. So we tried to get them in by conference, but unfortunately we can only put in so many.

A total dodge answer. If you would like to see the letter I wrote, then I will post it here. Please, please if you care about 1-AA, please write this letter. They do not even have 1-AA in the next gen games, and they may not even add any of those without a sufficient public demand!

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Oh yes, the damages from lack of representation are in exposure:

less attendance, less local support, less recruiting, misperceptions about quality of program and even that it exists.

AppGuy04
July 22nd, 2006, 09:21 AM
Ignorance is no excuse

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
I presume you are talking about ... Kendall Boyd and not me, right? Please write a letter. App St. is insane and should be in NCAA 08.

MplsBison
July 22nd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Guys, EA sports is going to get rid of the I-AAs all together.

They already did it in the 360 version of 07.

They want to focus on the I-As (making their stadiums look nice, better graphics, etc.).

lambertjr
July 22nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
Guys, EA sports is going to get rid of the I-AAs all together.

They already did it in the 360 version of 07.

They want to focus on the I-As (making their stadiums look nice, better graphics, etc.).

I guess I won't be buying next years game.

AppGuy04
July 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
I presume you are talking about ... Kendall Boyd and not me, right? Please write a letter. App St. is insane and should be in NCAA 08.

yes, them, not you

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Get Rid of 1-AA ALL TOGETHER???!

Where did you read/hear/learn that?

Fill me in.

basmith94
July 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Bump. Please let me know. I've heard that Straw, a producer said that ultimately they want all teams represented.

MplsBison
July 22nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
They already did it in the 360 version.

It costs less to do 119 teams instead of 300+.

They have no incentive to do the I-AAs. They have no competition. They have a contract with the NCAA.

polyfanman
July 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
just make a totally different game.. NCAA 2 A 2008 or whatever. Have our own game like arena and madden. Hell ive heard rumors about a possible Highschool football game coming out in maybe 2-5 years

July 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
It costs less to do 119 teams instead of 300+...Adding 122 I-AA teams equals less than 300+.

MplsBison
July 22nd, 2006, 05:56 PM
Adding 122 I-AA teams equals less than 300+.

It costs less to do 119 teams instead of 241.

slycat
July 22nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
from what i understand they will add IAA in future 360 or ps3 games. its becasue they had to build the new game engine for the new systems and only had time to put in BCS teams before it was released. in an interview with one of the main developers it was said that they were interested in adding the IAA playoffs to the game sometime.

July 22nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Get Rid of 1-AA ALL TOGETHER???! ...Never heard of that either.

July 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Get Rid of 1-AA ALL TOGETHER???! ...Never heard of that either.

Psssssst... it's I-AA not 1-AA

MplsBison
July 22nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
from what i understand they will add IAA in future 360 or ps3 games. its becasue they had to build the new game engine for the new systems and only had time to put in BCS teams before it was released. in an interview with one of the main developers it was said that they were interested in adding the IAA playoffs to the game sometime.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Simple cost to benefit analysis. The time and money needed to add the I-AAs vs. the likely increase in sales because of the added teams.

No offense, but I-AA is much smaller than I-A.

EKU05
July 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
There are actually more teams in I-AA than I-A, but they still won't drop it from the game entirely. There was already another thread on here somewhere that gave the explanation as to why it wasn't on the XBox 360 version...it was basically that they didn't have time or something. I've seen a software designer for the game quoted as saying we will be on there next year. In fact, one of the lead designers said he was hoping to eventually get a I-AA dynasty mode on there.

Frosty The Snowbuff
July 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
They already did it in the 360 version.

It costs less to do 119 teams instead of 300+.

They have no incentive to do the I-AAs. They have no competition. They have a contract with the NCAA.

The actual reason 1-AA teams are not on the 360 Version was because they fell behind making the game to the point where it is now. 360's version of the game doesn't even have some of the updated features the current gen has.

With that said....it wouldn't surprise me if they scrapped 1-AA all together.

Hmm....maybe someone should make A 1-AA game only just to test EA's Market.

AZGrizFan
July 23rd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Never heard of that either.

Psssssst... it's I-AA not 1-AA

xlolx xlolx xlolx ;) ;)

MplsBison
July 23rd, 2006, 09:25 AM
There are actually more teams in I-AA than I-A, but they still won't drop it from the game entirely. There was already another thread on here somewhere that gave the explanation as to why it wasn't on the XBox 360 version...it was basically that they didn't have time or something. I've seen a software designer for the game quoted as saying we will be on there next year. In fact, one of the lead designers said he was hoping to eventually get a I-AA dynasty mode on there.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Simple cost to benefit analysis. The time and money needed to add the I-AAs vs. the likely increase in sales because of the added teams.

basmith94
July 31st, 2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, it's definitely laziness on EA's part. They did not even update the rosters for 1-aa from 06 to 07.

One of the producers (Anthony White I think) said he wants to have a 1-aa dynasty at some point. Hopefully, it will be next year.

There is a huge market for 1-AA, too. EA needs to do more than just superficial treatment to the game for NCAA 08. Please write to the producers telling them to have all the 1-aa teams.