PDA

View Full Version : Towson only has 10 Games?!

PAllen
April 13th, 2005, 12:00 PM
With six at home, it looks like Towson is following Delaware's lead and refusing to travel.:eyebrow:

I guess it doesn't really matter though since they aren't exactly expected to challenge for a playoff spot.

http://www.towsontigers.com/sports/football/schedule.asp

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 13th, 2005, 12:17 PM
That schedule is missing their game with James Madison, an A-10 South contest! There are three OOC games and three A-10 North opponents listed. Add five A-10 South games and you have 11 games. Has to be an oversight or they haven't nailed down the date and time of the JMU game.

HensRock
April 13th, 2005, 12:34 PM
According to the JMU site, their game is Nov 19 - Towson at JMU.

PAllen
April 13th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I figured that something was off. I caught the three OOC games, but wasn't sure if the A-10/CAA were having scheduling issues this year as has happened in the past. Thanks for the insight.

89Hen
April 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM
PA, I assume you have been to a game at Towson? On their website they list season tickets and general admission tickets. Do they not use reserved seating for single game?!

PAllen
April 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I have been to multiple games at Towson. They do not use reserved seating for single game tickets. If you ever go to a game, there never really is a need to get reserved tickets. With the new stadium, even teams like Lehigh (when they used to come) and Delaware with large local followings don't come close to filling the stadium. If you go to a game against a team without a large local following (URI, Albany, etc.) the stadium is near empty (I actually counted at one game last year and came up with 236 fans in the stands. Now that doesn't count the band, cheerleaders, or the teams on the field, but that's a different thread :cool: .)

bluehenbillk
April 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Yes, the game on October 1 is in Towson but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "home" game.

DTSpider
April 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM
So I guess Towson is in the empty stands challenge with UR. How big is the new stadium?

blur2005
April 13th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Towson plays at JMU on November 19th at 1:30 pm at Bridgeforth Stadaium...and I say you really only will need to be there for the first half.

89Hen
April 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Towson plays at JMU on November 19th at 1:30 pm at Bridgeforth Stadaium...and I say you really only will need to be there for the first half.

Tell that to Delaware last year.

Tribe4SF
April 13th, 2005, 06:23 PM
So I guess Towson is in the empty stands challenge with UR. How big is the new stadium?

Their stadium seats about 11,500. And believe me, UR way outdraws Towson.

Catsfan
April 13th, 2005, 08:44 PM
It's too bad because it's a nice little stadium. Even for lacrosse, which is their "main" sport, the stands are pretty empty. I haven't been this year, but last year for the lacrosse conference championship the attendance was pretty poor. A LOT of people left at halftime and it was a close game.

WCU LawCat
April 13th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Just to add here

We only have 10 games and nothing was overlooked. Liberty Sucks!!!