PDA

View Full Version : AG1 and Matt Cline

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/e0990b5f9f5a46b38a45cf2ff33c3b8b/l.jpg

You guys might remember this guy............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgu7GtFhGY

putter
September 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Question is...does he remember the hit!!!??/ One tough SOB....

Apphole
September 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Glad he was there to see us return the favor with another ESPN top ten hit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xqOfzGPfKg
(terrible quality but that's all I could find.)

CharlestonAppFan
September 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Question is...does he remember the hit!!!??/ One tough SOB....

I talked to him quite a bit on Saturday night at the game. I specifically asked him about that hit and his reply was xnodx. He had a chuckle because everyone around us was asking him about it then. After he got hit he was a little xnutsx but wanted to get back in and take care of business xtroublex

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I made it a specific point to NOT ask him about that hit.......................because if I was him I would be sick of that question.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Jeez not to rehash an old subject, but that was a dirty hit in my book.

I'm about ready to hop on the bandwagon for taking the helmets off these players. They're either taught, learn or figure out on their own to use their helmets as weapons and it's frankly just wrong. Ask the guy who broke his neck at Tulane about leading with head down.

If he would've hit him squarely with his shoulder pad, fine. Good, hard hit.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Imagine that a pussy with a pussy response.

Look anyone that steps on the field knows that the other guy is trying to hit them so hard it knocks you out of the game. Some of us would continue to step on the field and people like you would not. Its a man thing and I dont expect you to understand it.

Its football leave it alone it already is molding to women like attitudes like yours and wont be watchable in 5 years.

If you dont like the violence stay off the field, you have no right to tell others they cant step on its their choice not yours you government controlled asshat.

asumike83
September 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
One of my favorite Apps of all time! Glad you got to meet him, he was one tough football player.

THE DANIMAL
September 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM

Look anyone that steps on the field knows that the other guy is trying to hit them so hard it knocks you out of the game. Some of us would continue to step on the field and people like you would not. Its a man thing and I dont expect you to understand it.

Its football leave it alone it already is molding to women like attitudes like yours and wont be watchable in 5 years.

If you dont like the violence stay off the field, you have no right to tell others they cant step on its their choice not yours you government controlled asshat.

xthumbsupxxlolx

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Are you responding to me? I wasn't sure, because my post had zero to do with the violence of the impact. It was simply to do with the technique of the hit.

But of course I made it elementary clear, so even you could understand that. Must not be responding to me....try using the quote button next time.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
You know when you look back and say to yourself I should have kept my mouth shut, because I have nothing to add and dont even know what I am talking about?

Well yeah..........this was one of those times....................................xcoffeex

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 12:53 PM
You know when you look back and say to yourself I should have kept my mouth shut, because I have nothing to add and dont even know what I am talking about?

Well yeah..........this was one of those times....................................xcoffeex

That's never happened to me.

SoCon48
September 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I made it a specific point to NOT ask him about that hit.......................because if I was him I would be sick of that question.

Let's get to more recent history. How about the hit on your return man where he coughed up the ball, Saturday?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Let's get to more recent history. How about the hit on your return man where he coughed up the ball, Saturday?

It was a nice hit.

CN had the ball in the wrong arm and we missed some blocks allowing a clear path to the return man. We need to clear up mistakes like that.

How about Moore trucking Kimbrough a lot during the game?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the negative rep SoCon48.............I will wear the NEG with honor.

cbarrier90
September 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Why do you insist on driving a perfectly good thread directly off a cliff?

Bearkat-Backer
September 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Jeez not to rehash an old subject, but that was a dirty hit in my book.

He hit him in the chest. Looks like a clean hit to me.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the negative rep SoCon48.............I will wear the NEG with honor.

SoCon48 used to neg rep me a bit because he didn't feel good about someone answering his attempts to engage in a discussion in the very manner he was.

You neg rep over that kind of **** and you are just an emotionally weak person.

asumike83
September 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
It was a nice hit.

CN had the ball in the wrong arm and we missed some blocks allowing a clear path to the return man. We need to clear up mistakes like that.

How about Moore trucking Kimbrough a lot during the game?

Good, hard hitting game all around. Moore is an absolute monster. Steven Miller put a nice lick on the Montana safety at the end of his run late in the 4th. I love when a smaller guy doesn't shy away from contact.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
He hit him in the chest. Looks like a clean hit to me.

Looks like top of the helmet right on his facemask/chin area.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5009/hits.png

Why couldn't he have put his shoulder pad right into the guy's chest with the same speed and violence? Wouldn't that have done the same thing, without the risk for concussion or other brain damage?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Clean, hard hit.

When people say "why not change this play or the way the tackle was made" it highlights the fact they have no clue about the speed, mentality or violence the game is played with. That is my nice way of saying the only time they have ever stepped onto the football field, they were in band practice.

Bearkat-Backer
September 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
This is still my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4csg6md9OQ

grayghost06
September 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I really don't care if somebody employs spearing as a tackling tecnique. If a player is dumb enough to run that risk, they roll the dice and deserve the consequences. It's simple design and physics concept. The spinal column is at risk when you lead with your head.

Mr. C
September 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM
SoCon48 used to neg rep me a bit because he didn't feel good about someone answering his attempts to engage in a discussion in the very manner he was.

You neg rep over that kind of **** and you are just an emotionally weak person.

Even his own kind don't particularly like this guy. Getting a neg rep from him is a badge of honor for Alpha.

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/e0990b5f9f5a46b38a45cf2ff33c3b8b/l.jpg

You guys might remember this guy............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgu7GtFhGY

Wait, I thought AG1 was black?!?!? WTF is going on?

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Why do you insist on driving a perfectly good thread directly off a cliff?

Think about who you are talking about...there's your answer. Just read some of his nonsense on the MMB.

Apps03
September 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Think about who you are talking about...there's your answer. Just read some of his nonsense on the MMB.

Careful, we're going to get a poll on whether he should stay or not...

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I really don't care if somebody employs spearing as a tackling tecnique. If a player is dumb enough to run that risk, they roll the dice and deserve the consequences. It's simple design and physics concept. The spinal column is at risk when you lead with your head.

Yeah but it also causes concussions and brain damage to the player receiving the unnecessary head blow.

How can that possibly be lost on you?

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Clean, hard hit.

When people say "why not change this play or the way the tackle was made" it highlights the fact they have no clue about the speed, mentality or violence the game is played with. That is my nice way of saying the only time they have ever stepped onto the football field, they were in band practice.

Unless you've been hit like that, you have no right to dismiss it.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah but it also causes concussions and brain damage to the player receiving the unnecessary head blow.

Unless you've been hit like that, you have no right to dismiss it.

For once, you're right. It's apparent that you have been hit like that.

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Careful, we're going to get a poll on whether he should stay or not...

xlolx

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
For once, you're right. It's apparent that you have been hit like that.

I don't think personality disorders develop from brain trauma, but that's only a guess.

grayghost06
September 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM
This subject has been of interest to me ever since Nick Buonticonti's kid sufferred a terrible paralyzing injury in a helmet first tackle while playing for the Citadel.

While I of course do not discount the potential for concussions and brain injury to the player being tackled in these type of collisions, it should be noted that the whole idea behind the spearing penalty was to protect the player from himself- not because of the potential damage to the person being hit. There is an overwhelming amount of data that supports the fact that a helmet down technique endangers the tackler far more than the person being hit. Sure the offensive player could get knocked out but one can get knocked out in a variety of ways while playing. What is clear is that spinal injuries have dropped dramatically since instituting the no spearing rule in 1976 ( 70% in the first 10 years).

It's a learned behavior- no one is taught that at the pee-wee level. The coaches would be read the riot act or dismissed. The kids see it at the higher levels. Yet some still choose to deploy that tactic despite the warnings that are plastered right on their helmets.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Bottom line is that its the players decision to go on the field and not some pussy, liberal, message board troll.

If YOU dont want a concussion dont play but leave the rest of us alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

T-Dog
September 10th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I heard a story that when being attended to by the trainers after the hit, Matt told them "Get me up, I don't want to look like a pussy."

ASU_Fanatic
September 10th, 2012, 06:45 PM
matt cline is legitimately one of my favorite app players ever, dude was our wes welker

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I heard a story that when being attended to by the trainers after the hit, Matt told them "Get me up, I don't want to look like a pussy."

Totally believe it because that dude was a f'n man about it and came back to try and help his mates take that one. Too much respect for that guy to put into words on a board.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
This subject has been of interest to me ever since Nick Buonticonti's kid sufferred a terrible paralyzing injury in a helmet first tackle while playing for the Citadel.

While I of course do not discount the potential for concussions and brain injury to the player being tackled in these type of collisions, it should be noted that the whole idea behind the spearing penalty was to protect the player from himself- not because of the potential damage to the person being hit. There is an overwhelming amount of data that supports the fact that a helmet down technique endangers the tackler far more than the person being hit. Sure the offensive player could get knocked out but one can get knocked out in a variety of ways while playing. What is clear is that spinal injuries have dropped dramatically since instituting the no spearing rule in 1976 ( 70% in the first 10 years).

It's a learned behavior- no one is taught that at the pee-wee level. The coaches would be read the riot act or dismissed. The kids see it at the higher levels. Yet some still choose to deploy that tactic despite the warnings that are plastered right on their helmets.

Not good enough.

Tulane player's injury justifies that statement. That hit shown in the OP of this thread justifies that statement.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Bottom line is that its the players decision to go on the field and not some pussy, liberal, message board troll.

If YOU dont want a concussion dont play but leave the rest of us alone.

He should've been ejected for that hit, if he wasn't.

Grizo406
September 10th, 2012, 07:17 PM
That's never happened to me.

It happened to me from Wednesday morning through Sunday evening!

Thanks for takin' the heat off, MB!!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM
When you are playing "football" and you hit somebody there is no real reason to ever be ejected from a game. Unless you make the game something catered to chicks.

MplsBison
September 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
When you are playing "football" and you hit somebody there is no real reason to ever be ejected from a game. Unless you make the game something catered to chicks.

If you can be ejected for punching someone during the game, you should be ejected for tackling helmet first.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Punching is illegal tackling is not so as usual you are a special kind of ****ing clueless. You have no clue about what you are talking about in most cases but it never stops you from wanting to control other people and make them look like pussies so you dont stand out so much.

GreatAppSt
September 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Unleth you've been hit like thaut, you have no right to dithmith it.

FIFY

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Punching is illegal tackling is not so as usual you are a special kind of ****ing clueless. You have no clue about what you are talking about in most cases but it never stops you from wanting to control other people and make them look like pussies so you dont stand out so much.

Tackling helmet first should be the same as punching.

MasonJar
September 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
First, let me qualify: I have played the game, I have coached the game at a youth level, I have a son playing middle school ball and I have spoken to Matt Cline!

I am not arguing the "legality" of the hit on Matt, it was a tremendous play on both sides of the ball and things happen in the heat of competition even when proper technique is attempted. We are fortunate that everyone got up from the play and went on with the game and with life.

However, the hit is a reminder of all that is good and potentially bad in the sport of football. There is much more to think about in the game of football than just someone leading with their head on a particular play.

Attached below is what I find to be an interesting read that examines the game of football and its evolution. Youth football in our geographic area is evolving, somewhat as the article describes. Our numbers of players are down, we have had a lot of 3 yards and a cloud of dust... things are changing... and it appears for the better! You don't know how excited I was when I showed up a few minutes early to pick up my son at practice yesterday to see several new plays from the shotgun being implemented for our upcoming game this week! xtwocentsx

http://bjpickard.blogspot.com/2011/09/scrum-of-earth.html

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Tackling helmet first should be the same as punching.

You should be smarter but your not....................

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM

You're*

ouch. xsmiley_wix

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
You're*

ouch. xsmiley_wix

I am anti apostrophe.......I never use them.....I under stand the you are and your thing.............people still get the gist. Your welcome.

xcoffeex

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 12:11 PM

All the same, getting the helmet out of the game is the right thing to do.

Violent impacts can and should still be part of the game and their interface being the shoulder pad takes nothing away from their effectiveness or their entertainment value.

cbarrier90
September 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
All the same, getting the helmet out of the game is the right thing to do..

When you're trying to eliminate head injuries, the best thing to do is to remove the one thing that tries to eliminate head injuries...

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
When you're trying to eliminate head injuries, the best thing to do is to remove the one thing that tries to eliminate head injuries...

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me about banning hits involving the helmet or making a sarcastic remark about physically removing helmets from player's heads during games (which I'm not quite to the point of that yet).

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Nobody with any kind of intelligence would agree with you.

Go lower the bar somewhere else.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nobody with any kind of intelligence would agree with you.

Go lower the bar somewhere else.

How do you know?

Grizo406
September 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM
How do you know?

He spent Wednesday through Sunday with me, and I know how to lower the bar. Well, I thought I did until you came along.

Again, thanks for takin' the heat off of me!!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Grizo you are a giant among "men" like that douchnozzle.....................................it s that pathetic!

xcoffeex

Grizo406
September 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Grizo you are a giant among "men" like that douchnozzle.....................................it s that pathetic!

xcoffeex

Settle down...I'll pay you back the $7 I owe you Saturday.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Dont run.....you might get a head injury......xcrazyx

Im not too worried about the $7............xcoffeex

clenz
September 11th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I am anti apostrophe.......I never use them.....I under stand the you are and your thing.............people still get the gist. Your welcome.

xcoffeex

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2This is true...the only time I've witnessed alphie use an ' is when is smart phone auto-corrected it in....which he went back and deleted.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM

I guess I'm moving up in your world? Now I'm just the nozzle, not the bag or the actual liquid.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
This is true...the only time I've witnessed alphie use an ' is when is smart phone auto-corrected it in....which he went back and deleted.

And then his phone auto-corrected again, so he threw it down and shot it.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8365642/mississippi-rebels-trae-elston-suspended-one-game-sec

Correct.

Zero reason to go for the head unless you're purposefully trying to knock the guy out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM
What would ESPN know about anything? They are a ****ing soccer network you dolt............

MplsBison
September 13th, 2012, 07:17 AM
What would ESPN know about anything? They are a ****ing soccer network you dolt............

They're just reporting, not providing opinion.

The SEC made the decision to suspend him for the hit. So are you saying "What does the SEC know about football"???

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 13th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Any player that gets suspended for a hit on a football field that doesnt include a swinging fist is getting ****ed.

Its football not a tea party.

The NFl has had a monopoly on "pro" football but they are leaving themselves wide open for competition. In the not to distant future a new league will come along that wont cater to the cowards, the weak and the women. It will be a no holds barred league for real tough guys, not the pussies in the NFL.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Funniest thing about all this **** to me is that this is only defensive players getting this. How is that possible when every time a running back or a receiver is about to make contact they put their head down and bull forward just as the defender does?

How does Kanongata get flagged on a tackle in which he is doing exactly the same thing as the running back?

You see defensive players making an honest effort to avoid the collisions at least most of the time but you never, ever see an offensive player making an attempt to avoid a helmet to helmet collision when they are fighting for yards.

It's bull****, and MPLS is most definitely a woman. Just wanted to let you guys know you are being trolled by a female in case it mattered to you.

Apphole
September 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
MPLS acronym speculation time.

Menstrual
Period
Lady
Syndrome

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
MPLS acronym speculation time.

Menstrual
Period
Lady
Syndrome

/endthread

MplsBison
September 14th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Funniest thing about all this **** to me is that this is only defensive players getting this. How is that possible when every time a running back or a receiver is about to make contact they put their head down and bull forward just as the defender does?

How does Kanongata get flagged on a tackle in which he is doing exactly the same thing as the running back?

You see defensive players making an honest effort to avoid the collisions at least most of the time but you never, ever see an offensive player making an attempt to avoid a helmet to helmet collision when they are fighting for yards.

It's bull****, and MPLS is most definitely a woman. Just wanted to let you guys know you are being trolled by a female in case it mattered to you.

I'd be fine with flagging offensive players too, if it means we can get defensive players to stop 1) tackling helmet first and 2) stop aiming for the ballcarrier's head.

Glad to see that you're as concerned about helmet hits as I am.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cool maybe you two should get a room........and some rope.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cool maybe you two should get a room........and some rope.

Why don't you test out that new wood splitter by taking a ride on the hammer. Specifically for letting that particular poster make you think I was in any sort ofagreement with them. The way you let chicks manipulate you is disturbing.