NM Highlands 7-43 Southern Utah
UC Davis 17-24 South Dakota State
McNeese State 27-31 Weber State
Cal Poly 26-38 Wyoming
Northern Colorado 17-31 Sacramento State
Liberty 24-38 Montana
Stephen F. Austin 24-35 Montana State
North Dakota 13-37 San Diego State

Kinda hard to get a feel of the teams when everyone is playing FBS teams. At least we know where we stand with Portland State. Now its our turn at the FBS.

I picked all the home teams except McNeese State.

wapiti
September 11th, 2012, 09:01 AM
1. Eastern Washington Looked really good in two FBS games.

2. Montana Came close to the W in Boone.

3. Montana State Yes, they are 2-0, but not impressive.

4. Northern Arizona Beat a FBS, so they are on the rise.

5. Cal Poly Did well against Bye.

6. Sacramento State After getting a beat down from a FBS they turn around and beat a FBS.

7. Southern Utah Playing a middle FBS and a top FBS to a pair of L's has not helped SUU's ranking.

8. North Dakota The Souix beat PSU in a OOC game.

9. Weber State Losing to FBS teams does not help the rankings much.

10. Portland State Still early in the season to make a good judgment call on PSU's improvement, but the loss to UND does not help.

11. Idaho State Kramer has this team heading the the right direction they have potential to move up the rankings chart before the end of the season.

12. UC Davis Someone has to be in spot number 12 and the Big Sky looks to be tough this year.

13. Northern Colorado and someone has to be in spot 13 too. UNC has work to do.

wapiti
September 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Test.
After I did my post in this thread it did not bumb to front page.

coover
September 12th, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'll go along with the original projections. Let's see if this bumps it up to the top?

Added Edit ... it bumped!

Squealofthepig
September 12th, 2012, 01:35 AM
7. Southern Utah Playing a middle FBS and a top FBS to a pair of L's has not helped SUU's ranking.

The Thunderbirds offense was impressive, though - at least I thought so. And it was neat seeing that catch several times on Sports Center.

Edit: here's the catch: http://www-thescore.s3.amazonaws.com/images/58432/original.gif

Walkon79
September 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Hard to argue the Cats at 2 or 3 this week. We'll see how they perform in their first real test, and without Minter and Daly.

Crap!!

JALMOND
September 13th, 2012, 01:08 AM
OK, I'll piggyback on this thread. That way I don't have to start a whole new one. Currently at 21-3 and hoping for perfection this week. I've missed most of the FBS upsets in my picks. Maybe I'll start a new one this time. Here are my predictions for the week 9-15.

CP at Wyoming---The Mustangs had a week off to prepare for the conference season, and this game. Possible shot at an upset, especially if Wyoming's quarterback can't play. Either way...Wyoming 31, CP 27.

Liberty at UM---Fresh off their loss last week at tough Appalachian State, the Grizzlies get another strong test, this time at home against Liberty. The Grizzlies showed last week they can still play...UM 35, Liberty 21.

Stephen F Austin at MSU---A true test this week for the Bobcats after having to rally on the road last week against Drake. Stephen F Austin is a formidable foe, but the Bobcats should be able to get the win...MSU 31, Stephen F Austin 14.

UND at San Diego State---After two games, the former Sioux are averaging 55 points a game. That is what happens playing DII and the FCS. This game is against the FBS. If the Sioux get to 55 that would be something...San Diego State 42, UND 17.

Fort Lewis at NAU---Evidently the Lumberjacks put their nightmare at Arizona State aside as they got a strong performance against UNLV. This week, a DII team...NAU 31, Fort Lewis 7.

UNC at Sac State---Again, two conference teams playing a non conference game. The Hornets got a strong win at Pac-12's Colorado while the Bears looked good against DII Colorado Mesa. Could there be a hangover in this game for the Hornets?...Sac State 27, UNC 20.

PSU at Washington---The Vikings are still trying to see what they have and now they must go on the road and play the Pac-12's Washington team that was embarrassed by LSU last week. The Vikings were in a sense embarrassed at UND last week as well. Here's hoping they just look good this game...Washington 38, PSU 7.

New Mexico Highlands at SUU---The Thunderbirds much hyped offense looked bad their first game and then they looked good for two quarters last week against California. By rights, they should play a whole game this time around...SUU 45, New Mexico Highlands 7.

UCD at South Dakota State---A marquee game of sorts for the Aggies after opening with a DII and followed that with a game at FBS San Jose State. The thing is that South Dakota State is pretty good and the Aggies are struggling with consistency...South Dakota State 35, UCD 17.

McNeese State at WSU---A bit of welcome relief for the Wildcats after starting the year with two straight FBS games. After last week's loss to Brigham Young, though, the Wildcats need a good performance. But will they get it against the upstart McNeese State team?...McNeese State 28, WSU 21.

JALMOND
September 13th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Liked it so much I guess I doubled it. Maybe it can count double.

wapiti
September 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
CP 17 at Wyoming 35--- Wyoming is a weaker FBS team, but not the likes of Idaho or UNLV.

Liberty 17 at UM 35---It seems as though UM's play on the field is immune to off-field issues. The griz played a good game last week, but 1/3 of the griz offense is on one player, griz fans hope he does not get injured.

Stephen F Austin 28 at MSU 27---If the Cat's played like they did against Drake, Steve will win, but if the Cat's play up to the hype given them in the preseason then the Cat's win. I predict a close played game with the winner determined in the last few minutes of the game. (On a missed xp.)

UND 10 at San Diego State 32---I predict another FBS win here. It's been nice to have some upsets, but I do not see an upset here.

Fort Lewis 13 at NAU 42--- NAU should get a chance to play second and third string players.

UNC 17 at Sac State 32--- Sac is at home and is looking good after beating a FBS.

PSU 13 at Washington 48---After losing to ND last week PSU is in this game for the paycheck. And PSU will be able to ride the bus to and from the game.

New Mexico Highlands 17 at SUU 52--- SUU finally gets a warm up game and Sorenson shines.

UCD 14 at South Dakota State 27--- The Rabbits are at home and are a decent team and should handle UCD with ease, but not till after the half.

McNeese State 26 at WSU 24--- BBQ has played two FBS and lost them both, McNeese has played a FBS and a D2 and won both. Weber will have its hands full again this Saturday. Winner may be determinde in the 4th quarter.

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
CP at Wyoming - Picking Wyo 28-24, but hoping Poly gets the Big Sky another win over FBS.

Liberty at UM - 0-2 Liberty coming to Wa-Griz after UM played a tough game in Boone. Both teams looking to turn things around, but the Griz will prove to be too much. UM 34, Liberty 17

Stephen F Austin at MSU - An unimpressive 2-0 MSU hosting SFA in what may be a better barometer of how this season will transpire. I'm thinking Ash gets things in line in practice this week. MSU 28, SFA 20

UND at San Diego State - UND's offense has been rolling but playing up will slow them down. SDSU 38, UND 21

Fort Lewis at NAU - After an FBS win last week, NAU steps down a level and will likely roll in this one. NAU 35, Fort Lewis 7.

UNC at Sac State - Sac State claimed another FBS scalp for the BSC last week. While UNC put up huge points last week, I think Sac State takes this one 27-17.

PSU at Washington - PSU has put up points, but their PAC-12 opponent will be looking for blood after last week's drubbing. UW 35-PSU 14

New Mexico Highlands at SUU - SUU wins easily 41-6

UCD at South Dakota State - in UCD's first FCS game of the year, SDSU wins by a comfortable margin 31-20.

McNeese State at WSU - Tough scheduling for WSU this year. Start w/ 2 FBS schools and a good McNeese team. WSU goes 0-3. McNeese 27, BBQ 21.

eiu1999
September 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ft Lewis Northern Arizona
Portland State Washington
NM Highlands Southern Utah
UC Davis South Dakota State
McNeese State Weber State
Cal Poly Wyoming
Northern Colorado Sacramento State
Liberty Montana
Stephen F. Austin Montana State
North Dakota San Diego State

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM
CP at Wyoming - Picking Wyo 28-24, but hoping Poly gets the Big Sky another win over FBS.

Liberty at UM - 0-2 Liberty coming to Wa-Griz after UM played a tough game in Boone. Both teams looking to turn things around, but the Griz will prove to be too much. UM 34, Liberty 17

Stephen F Austin at MSU - An unimpressive 2-0 MSU hosting SFA in what may be a better barometer of how this season will transpire. I'm thinking Ash gets things in line in practice this week. MSU 28, SFA 20

UND at San Diego State - UND's offense has been rolling but playing up will slow them down. SDSU 38, UND 21

Fort Lewis at NAU - After an FBS win last week, NAU steps down a level and will likely roll in this one. NAU 35, Fort Lewis 7.

UNC at Sac State - Sac State claimed another FBS scalp for the BSC last week. While UNC put up huge points last week, I think Sac State takes this one 27-17.

PSU at Washington - PSU has put up points, but their PAC-12 opponent will be looking for blood after last week's drubbing. UW 35-PSU 14

New Mexico Highlands at SUU - SUU wins easily 41-6

UCD at South Dakota State - in UCD's first FCS game of the year, SDSU wins by a comfortable margin 31-20.

McNeese State at WSU - Tough scheduling for WSU this year. Start w/ 2 FBS schools and a good McNeese team. WSU goes 0-3. McNeese 27, BBQ 21.

Looks like solid picks. I'll piggyback on these.

darell1976
September 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
UND at San Diego State---After two games, the former Sioux are averaging 55 points a game. That is what happens playing DII and the FCS. This game is against the FBS. If the Sioux get to 55 that would be something...San Diego State 42, UND 17.

If UND scores 55 on SDSU...UND better come away with a win. SDSU isn't taking this game for granite since they were upset not to long ago by Cal Poly, and with the FBS teams dropping games to the FCS this year anything is possible. UND was nine minutes from upsetting Fresno State last year with no passing game, so if UND gets their running game going to assist their high flying passing game UND could get their first FBS win. I picked SDSU to win but I think it may be a close one losing by 10 or less. SDSU 28 UND 24.

Walkon79
September 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Is it Saturday Yet!!

UNDColorado
September 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I wish! There are some big games this weekend for the Sky; maybe we can knock off some more FBS teams.

Sidebar- Sounds like it was one hell of a Volleyball match last night between MSU and UND. Should be a great league all around.

JALMOND
September 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM
OK, I'll piggyback on this thread. That way I don't have to start a whole new one. Currently at 21-3 and hoping for perfection this week. I've missed most of the FBS upsets in my picks. Maybe I'll start a new one this time. Here are my predictions for the week 9-15.

CP at Wyoming---The Mustangs had a week off to prepare for the conference season, and this game. Possible shot at an upset, especially if Wyoming's quarterback can't play. Either way...Wyoming 31, CP 27.

Liberty at UM---Fresh off their loss last week at tough Appalachian State, the Grizzlies get another strong test, this time at home against Liberty. The Grizzlies showed last week they can still play...UM 35, Liberty 21.

Stephen F Austin at MSU---A true test this week for the Bobcats after having to rally on the road last week against Drake. Stephen F Austin is a formidable foe, but the Bobcats should be able to get the win...MSU 31, Stephen F Austin 14.

Fort Lewis at NAU---Evidently the Lumberjacks put their nightmare at Arizona State aside as they got a strong performance against UNLV. This week, a DII team...NAU 31, Fort Lewis 7.

UNC at Sac State---Again, two conference teams playing a non conference game. The Hornets got a strong win at Pac-12's Colorado while the Bears looked good against DII Colorado Mesa. Could there be a hangover in this game for the Hornets?...Sac State 27, UNC 20.

PSU at Washington---The Vikings are still trying to see what they have and now they must go on the road and play the Pac-12's Washington team that was embarrassed by LSU last week. The Vikings were in a sense embarrassed at UND last week as well. Here's hoping they just look good this game...Washington 38, PSU 7.

New Mexico Highlands at SUU---The Thunderbirds much hyped offense looked bad their first game and then they looked good for two quarters last week against California. By rights, they should play a whole game this time around...SUU 45, New Mexico Highlands 7.

UCD at South Dakota State---A marquee game of sorts for the Aggies after opening with a DII and followed that with a game at FBS San Jose State. The thing is that South Dakota State is pretty good and the Aggies are struggling with consistency...South Dakota State 35, UCD 17.

McNeese State at WSU---A bit of welcome relief for the Wildcats after starting the year with two straight FBS games. After last week's loss to Brigham Young, though, the Wildcats need a good performance. But will they get it against the upstart McNeese State team?...McNeese State 28, WSU 21.

As much as I tried, I couldn't talk myself into actually taking Cal Poly over Wyoming. Therefore I ended up 9-1 for the week, puts me at 30-4 for the year. Conference play starts so picking is going to get tough now.

darell1976
September 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
If UND scores 55 on SDSU...UND better come away with a win. SDSU isn't taking this game for granite since they were upset not to long ago by Cal Poly, and with the FBS teams dropping games to the FCS this year anything is possible. UND was nine minutes from upsetting Fresno State last year with no passing game, so if UND gets their running game going to assist their high flying passing game UND could get their first FBS win. I picked SDSU to win but I think it may be a close one losing by 10 or less. SDSU 28 UND 24.

UND didn't score 55 but it was a close one losing only by 8.

darell1976
September 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM
As much as I tried, I couldn't talk myself into actually taking Cal Poly over Wyoming. Therefore I ended up 9-1 for the week, puts me at 30-4 for the year. Conference play starts so picking is going to get tough now.

I got one wrong...Cal Poly I am 31-3 for the year, now with conference games it will get tougher.

MSUBobcat
September 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
CP at Wyoming - Picking Wyo 28-24, but hoping Poly gets the Big Sky another win over FBS. Should have went with my gut here.

Liberty only scored 14, but I was pretty damn close.

Stephen F Austin at MSU - An unimpressive 2-0 MSU hosting SFA in what may be a better barometer of how this season will transpire. I'm thinking Ash gets things in line in practice this week. MSU 28, SFA 20 Got the winning team and point differential right, but thought there might be some defense being played. Apparently not.

UND at San Diego State - UND's offense has been rolling but playing up will slow them down. SDSU 38, UND 21 Picked the winning team but was pleasantly surprised by how UND stayed in it down to the wire.

Fort Lewis at NAU - After an FBS win last week, NAU steps down a level and will likely roll in this one. NAU 35, Fort Lewis 7. Expected them to roll, but not like a runaway semi going down a mountain pass.

UNC at Sac State - Sac State claimed another FBS scalp for the BSC last week. While UNC put up huge points last week, I think Sac State takes this one 27-17. Didn't give Sac St. enough credit - they actually scored 28, not 27. Got UNC's points right though.

PSU at Washington - PSU has put up points, but their PAC-12 opponent will be looking for blood after last week's drubbing. UW 35-PSU 14 Well, U Dub was out for blood. I should have reversed UW's score and I'd have been nearly spot on.

New Mexico Highlands at SUU - SUU wins easily 41-6 SUU didn't win by as big a margin as I thought, but was still a comfortable win.

UCD at South Dakota State - in UCD's first FCS game of the year, SDSU wins by a comfortable margin 31-20. Was somewhat surprised by this game. TO's (one returned for TD) and getting off the field on 3rd downs kept the Aggies in it.

McNeese State at WSU - Tough scheduling for WSU this year. Start w/ 2 FBS schools and a good McNeese team. WSU goes 0-3. McNeese 27, BBQ 21. McNeese's O was to much for Weber (557 yds total offense) and WSU remained winless. To make matters worse, they host EWU next week, remaining the BSC's only winless team through week 4, IMO.

Overall, got all games but one right, and was fairly close picking scores on a few games as well.

McTailGator
September 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
The Weber State McNeese game wasn't even as close as the sore as WSU scored its last two touchdowns vs McNeese's 3rd team.

McNeese held WSU to les than 200 total yards prior to the 4th quarter when McNeese's 2nd and 3rd team took over.

This game could very easily have been 45 to 7,which would have been more like the actual game.

Prominentwon
September 16th, 2012, 06:07 PM
The Weber State McNeese game wasn't even as close as the sore as WSU scored its last two touchdowns vs McNeese's 3rd team.

McNeese held WSU to les than 200 total yards prior to the 4th quarter when McNeese's 2nd and 3rd team took over.

This game could very easily have been 45 to 7,which would have been more like the actual game.

Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, the McNeese D held them to 104 yards up to the middle of the 4th quarter.

Game definitely not as close as what the score indicated.