CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State

danefan
September 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St -Albany is good, but not that good. Depending on how bad Fiachi's ankle is, we should be able to keep this within 2 scores. Anything closer would be great, but we are very thin on Offense.

Bryant vs. Maine - Maine isn't necessarily all that good but I'll pick against Bryant the rest of the year. That's what happens when you lose to St Francis.

CCSU @ New Hampshire - UNH is much better than CCSU. Hopefully CCSU makes it respectable.

Duquesne @ Valparaiso - blowout

Monmouth @ Wagner - I'm not sold on Wagner, but Monmouth destroyed URI.

RMU @ Dayton -Dayton played Duquesne pretty well and RMU looked slow last week.

Sacred Heart @ Colgate -Colgate has a decent offense. Hopefully they find some defense and if they do, they should win this going away.

SFPA @ Morehead State - I don't think I've ever picked St. Francis to win a game, but this is the chance.

dystopiamembrane
September 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM
1. Albany
2. Monmouth
3. Duquesne
4. Wagner
5. Sacred Heart
6. Saint Francis
7. Central Connecticut State
8. Robert Morris
9. Bryant

Albany 16-38 Youngstown St.
Maine 35-13 Bryant
Central Connecticut State 17-41 New Hampshire
Duquesne 42-13 Valparaiso
Monmouth 17-13 Wagner
Robert Morris 17-23 Dayton
Sacred Heart 21-31 Colgate
Saint Francis 34-37 Morehead State

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St - Albany puts up a fight, but falls short in the end.
Bryant vs. Maine - Maine takes care of Bryant without much of a problem.
CCSU @ New Hampshire - CCSU puts in a good quarter or maybe a half, but it is not nearly enough.
Duquesne @ Valparaiso - Dukes in a rout.
Monmouth @ Wagner - How good are the Hawks? Can Wagner make a statement in the NEC?
RMU @ Dayton - Flyers own Bobby Mo and lead the series 12-2.
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - Think it could be a close game, but 'Gate is too strong.
SFPA @ Morehead State - One of the few wins the Flash seem to count on.

Original_RMC
September 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Albany looked great against RMU and should break into the top 25 in the polls this week. But YSU will knock them back out.

Bryant vs. Maine
Bryant has some issues to address and will be 0-3 and not the start they wanted.

CCSU @ New Hampshire
UHN is too much for CCSU

Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Dukes start slow but finish strong and pull away in the 4th.

Monmouth @ Wagner
Wagner's D will hold tough throughout the game but Monmouth will escape with a close win.

RMU @ Dayton
I know Dayton completely owns RMU in the series and being out scored 87-10 the 1st 2 games shows issues for the Colonials. But Sinclair is back and will be a difference maker for the offense and will spark the Colonials to a close win.

Sacred Heart @ Colgate
Colgate is too much for SHU at home.

SFPA @ Morehead State
Is this the SFPA team we have all been waiting for?

bjtheflamesfan
September 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Bryant vs. Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Albany @ Youngstown St--- Albany -yep-- thats right.
Bryant vs. Maine -- Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire-- New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso-- Duquesne
Monmouth @ Wagner-- MONMOUTH
RMU @ Dayton-- Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate-- Gate
SFPA @ Morehead State -- MOrehead

danefan
September 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Albany @ Youngstown St--- Albany -yep-- thats right.
Monmouth @ Wagner-- MONMOUTH
RMU @ Dayton-- Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate-- Gate
SFPA @ Morehead State -- MOrehead

Love the faith!

Btw Albany has a ridiculous 3 week stretch.

@Youngstown St
@Maine
vs Monmouth

2-1 would be phenomenal!

MUHAWKS
September 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Love the faith!

@Youngstown St
@Maine
vs Monmouth

2-1 would be phenomenal!

2-1 would be great witrh me as long as it is in order!! W, W, L -- assuming wwe take care of biz against wagner and sacred heart, that MU/Albany game up there will be EPIC!! should get some major coverage! first things first,.

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Love the faith!

@Youngstown St
@Maine
vs Monmouth

2-1 would be phenomenal!
Yes, but not as tough as CCSU's 3-game conference appetizer- at #17 Stony Brook, vs. #16 Lehigh, at #18 New Hampshire

fontdawg98
September 11th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Bryant vs. Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner -This game will be wayyy closer than it should be. Wagner always gives MU problems.
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - Upset special
SFPA @ Morehead State

danefan
September 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Yes, but not as tough as CCSU's 3-game conference appetizer- at #17 Stony Brook, vs. #16 Lehigh, at #18 New Hampshire

Very true.

NEC had a great OOC schedule this year.

412Express
September 11th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Youngstown St - Albany was much better last year and they still wouldn't have been able to upset YSU. YSU starters play 3 quarters MAX

Maine - Bryant very disappointing this season

New Hampshire - CCSU gets tuned up again

Duquesne - No idea why DU would waste their time here when every other NEC team has 2 or 3 top 25 opponents for their OOC games.

Monmouth - Emerging as a team to beat

Dayton - Neither team impresses me. I'll give Dayton the nod because 1) they always beat RMU 2) Dayton is the most fundamentally sound team I've watched. They make up for their lack of size/talent with relentless discipline. That will be enough in this game.

Colgate - Haven't seen anything from SHU yet, goin with the gut

St Franny - Now that theyve had a taste of victory, it may have sparked a thirst. Better get the W while you can

danefan
September 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Youngstown St - Albany was much better last year and they still wouldn't have been able to upset YSU. YSU starters play 3 quarters MAX

How we are in relation to last year is yet to be seen, IMO. Our O-line is much better than it was last year. I also think our QB has the potential to rewrite all the record books that were written last year. The weakness we have this year is lack of offensive depth and our secondary is soft (which seems to always be the case - we're a team build to stop the run in the NEC).

I can't disagree with your assessment of YSU though. They are very good and better than Albany. I am hopeful we'll keep it respectable.

401ks
September 11th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St - Would love to see the Danes pull off the upset, but...
Bryant vs. Maine - Bryant, where art thou?
CCSU @ New Hampshire - Hope the Blue Devils make it respectable
Duquesne @ Valparaiso - Here's hoping that this scheduling glitch never happens again :p
Monmouth @ Wagner - Hawks are for real, but Seahawks are no pushover
RMU @ Dayton - I hear that Sinclair is back, but...
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - My heart says "Pioneers", but...
SFPA @ Morehead State - My head says "Eagles", but...

401ks
September 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Duquesne - No idea why DU would waste their time here when every other NEC team has 2 or 3 top 25 opponents for their OOC games.

xcoffeex

For the upteenth time...

In 2011 Duquesne desperately needed an opponent who was willing to come to Pittsburgh. If a Division I home opponent could not be found, the Dukes would end up with seven (7) road games or a schedule shortened by one game. Needless to say, both scenarios were totally unacceptable. Valparaiso stepped up and offered a home-and-home deal. Thus, the 2012 game @ Valpo.

In 2011 the Dukes still had six (6) road games, but at least they didn't have to schedule a second "bye" week as Robert Morris had to do in 2010 because of a lack of available Division I opponents.

412Express
September 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Yes yes I'm aware of the literal reasoning but I'm just complaining to complain. I mean to let it get to that point though? Surely SOMETHING could have been done to avoid it.

I guess it took the NEC title to wake em up-I'm pretty confident in saying that the dukes will head to youngstown next year.

GaelsFootball
September 11th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Bryant vs. Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State

dgreco
September 12th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St - I would love to pick UA, but I think YSU is a championship contender (at least early on) and will win this game.
Bryant vs. Maine - Maine, but surprisingly coach Fine seemed more confident about this game than he did vs. both Marist and SFU. He went as far as saying this is the first game where they know if they execute they can win and its a strong matchup for them. Even with that enthusiasm I think Maine is probably a lot better and will blow Bryant out.
CCSU @ New Hampshire - CCSU has put together some decent games early on, but I think UNH is superior and should win this game. I think it will be close though
Duquesne @ Valparaiso - Dukes are much better than Valpo, I think it will be an easy win for Duquesne
Monmouth @ Wagner -Wagner played two close games vs Georgetown and FAU, but Monmouth had a dominate game over URI. I think Monmouth pulls this one out.
RMU @ Dayton - don't know much about either team, so I am rooting for RMU and will pick them.
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - I just think Colgate is the better team and wins this matchup
SFPA @ Morehead State - Hopefully, for Bryant's sake, SFU puts together a good season and that lose doesn't look that bad

danefan
September 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Coach Ford recaps the RMU game and looks forward to YSU

http://www.ualbanysports.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?type=vod&KEY=&id=1043882&oemid=15800

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Colgate 42 SHU 24 - Too much Raiders offense

Maine 38 Bryant 10 - BU is struggling big time right now

Duquesne 45 Valpo 20 - The Crusaders might be the worst team in FCS

UNH 45 CCSU 24 - The Blue Devils haven't been up to the task against SBU and Lehigh. UNH won't be any easier

Dayton 24 RMU 21 - This is basically a toss-up

Monmouth 28 Wagner 17 - MU takes another step towards legit contender status

SFPA 28 Morehead St 17 - The Flashes had shown improvement

YSU 35 Albany 24 - The Danes prove they're Top 20 in defeat

danefan
September 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Colgate 42 SHU 24 - Too much Raiders offense

Maine 38 Bryant 10 - BU is struggling big time right now

Duquesne 45 Valpo 20 - The Crusaders might be the worst team in FCS

UNH 45 CCSU 24 - The Blue Devils haven't been up to the task against SBU and Lehigh. UNH won't be any easier

Dayton 24 RMU - This is basically a toss-up

Monmouth 28 Wagner 17 - MU takes another step towards legit contender status

YSU 35 Albany 24 - The Danes prove they're Top 20 in defeat

I really hope voters don't follow their history and do reward a good performance. Part of the problem we've always had in the polls is even a well played game against a Top 10 team that ends in defeat throws us out of consideration. Your point is so spot on - a Top 20 team could lose to a Top 10 team and still be a Top 20 team.

blackbeard
September 12th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St - Albany shakes up the FCS this Saturday
Bryant vs. Maine - expected a lot more from BU, not sure what is going
CCSU @ New Hampshire - CCSU not dodging any competition, tough slate of OOC games to start the season
Duquesne @ Valparaiso - in a rout
Monmouth @ Wagner - MU playing well but something tells me this could be a trap game, Wags with the upset wouldn't surprise but can't pick it
RMU @ Dayton - going with the NEC team here
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - everyone will call this an upset, SHU is going to make some noise this year
SFPA @ Morehead State - hope the Flash can keep it going

Dane96
September 13th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Bryant vs. Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State

downbythebeach
September 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St should be a close game, Pitt is a lot worse than we realized
Bryant vs. Maine Maine is not particularly good, Bryant is having a surprising down year
CCSU @ New Hampshire New Hampshire will be a middle pack CAA team and CCSU should be a middle NEC team
Duquesne @ Valparaiso I'd pick anyone against Valpo, Duquesne is solid
Monmouth @ Wagner Monmouth is looking good, tight win over an improved Wagner team
RMU @ Dayton A down year for RMU, Dayton is on top as usual
Sacred Heart @ Colgate SHU might have a good season, but they won't beat Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State I pick Morehead in this one, we never play too well against them, and it a long bus ride

eiu1999
September 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Albany @ Youngstown St
Bryant vs. Maine
CCSU @ New Hampshire
Duquesne @ Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Wagner
RMU @ Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State

carney2
September 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Albany @ Youngstown St - Not a prayer
Bryant vs. Maine - Another prayer unanswered.
CCSU @ New Hampshire - And yet another
Duquesne @ Valparaiso - Finally, someone is heard from on high
Monmouth @ Wagner - It's time for Monmouth to live up to the home town talk. Wagner won't just roll over however.
RMU @ Dayton - I know nothing about the Flyers, but RMU doesn't seem to have much this year
Sacred Heart @ Colgate - The 'gaters are all "O" with no "D. Should still be more than enough here.
SFPA @ Morehead State - Morehead lost to Howard. Not a good sign. It is difficult to pick St. Francis over anyone, however.

mjsangi
September 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Albany @ Youngstown St--- Youngstown State in a romp
Monmouth @ Wagner-- Wagner
RMU @ Dayton-- Dayton
Sacred Heart @ Colgate-- Colgate
SFPA @ Morehead State -- Morehead State

busybee14
September 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM