PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Montana-App State

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Looking for video highlights of Montana-App St, specifically all the highlights Moore had tonight.

Anyone seen em online?

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Bump. I'm sure someone has em. :)

SeattleGriz
September 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Usually when ESPN picks up a game, they don't make highlights...maybe I'm wrong. I have been rewatching the game on ESPN3.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'm sure someone will pull the highlights out of espn3. I just don't have the time or knowledge. :)

SeattleGriz
September 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Let's hope so.

I have been watching the highlights that come with the ESPN box score and recap section.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Those two catches and runs he had were amazing.

Apps03
September 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
It will be a lot of Dan Moore

OleGriz
September 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM
A decent number of individual plays on the ESPN recap page (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=322522026) under the video tab.

Skjellyfetti
September 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Tackle and forced fumble on the kickoff return was a top play last night on ESPN.

Cleets
September 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM
So I wasn't able to watch the game but my brother said:
1) If that guy was only playing his SECOND game at QB he's going to be good
2) The team that made the most mistakes - lost
3) It sounded like BOTH teams have completely "revamped" their programs - and reloaded - a true testimony to their programs
4) Appalachians right tackle held on every passing play - but only got called for holding ONCE
5) Montana's secondary committed pass interference on every deep passing play - but only got called TWICE

He's a fairly reliable neutral observer - as he doesn't really care about either team

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM
McKinney can run hes a great RB but thats where it ends. He is not a Quarterback and will have games like the one last night quite a bit. You either have accuracy or you dont and he doesnt......even on both of the 2 plays that made up 169 yards of his inflated stats the passes were horrible, under thrown and not accurate.

App beat us it wasnt the refs like a ton of douchebag Griz fans are saying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cbarrier90
September 9th, 2012, 01:31 PM
McKinney can run hes a great RB but thats where it ends. He is not a Quarterback and will have games like the one last night quite a bit. You either have accuracy or you dont and he doesnt......even on both of the 2 plays that made up 169 yards of his inflated stats the passes were horrible, under thrown and not accurate.

Armanti in his freshman season played more of a glorified RB role. As he got older, he became a much better passer and the offense became more two-dimensional. Like AE, McKinney is 6'0.

No, McKinney wasn't a very good passer last night, but when he needed to make a play, especially during that last drive, he made a play. Give him three more years and he will be a force in the Big Sky.

McLeansvilleAppFan
September 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
So I wasn't able to watch the game but my brother said:
1) If that guy was only playing his SECOND game at QB he's going to be good
2) The team that made the most mistakes - lost
3) It sounded like BOTH teams have completely "revamped" their programs - and reloaded - a true testimony to their programs
4) Appalachians right tackle held on every passing play - but only got called for holding ONCE
5) Montana's secondary committed pass interference on every deep passing play - but only got called TWICE

He's a fairly reliable neutral observer - as he doesn't really care about either team

On point 4. Someone added up the number of plays ran against us last year, and not one holding call all year or something close to that last year against our opponents when playing us. It was something VERY one sided. Not fair to hold that against Montana, but maybe the officials are trying to average out the numbers over a two year average.

Montana had some flags thrown for spearing, late hit, etc. It reminded me of ASU over the last few years. I am never sure if those penalties are signs of players without discipline or signs of just having some intensity. Either way 15 yards is not a good thing to give a team.

Dan Moore. I noticed he is a senior in the program. Has he been that much of a tank the 3 previous years?

Skjellyfetti
September 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Someone added up the number of plays ran against us last year, and not one holding call all year or something close to that last year against our opponents when playing us.

It was in conference play. Not one holding call against any of our Southern Conference opponents for the entire season.

Cleets
September 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
My Bro didn't think the officiating in any way effected the outcome of the game...
He just noticed Montana corners playing too rough and the Right tackle for App holding - but I can't comment on any of that as I was in LA with the old lady (a little beach time)

Grizalltheway
September 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
My Bro didn't think the officiating in any way effected the outcome of the game...
He just noticed Montana corners playing too rough and the Right tackle for App holding - but I can't comment on any of that as I was in LA with the old lady (a little beach time)

Umm, did he miss the two sketchy (at best) PF calls on Kanongata'a? Not saying we win without them, but spotting an App offense that we had otherwise contained pretty well in the 2nd half 30 yards definitely didn't help. That being said, turnovers were absolutely what killed us in this one. We needed to play pretty much mistake free, and it just didn't happen.xtwocentsx

Grizalltheway
September 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Dan Moore. I noticed he is a senior in the program. Has he been that much of a tank the 3 previous years?

Not really. He was hurt most of last year, and before that we had a guy named Chase Reynolds roaming the backfield.

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Not really. He was hurt most of last year, and before that we had a guy named Chase Reynolds roaming the backfield.

Chase Reynolds was an App-killer in the 2009 game.

putter
September 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM

McKinney's deep throws were accurate, just under thrown. He needs to step into this throws and get off his back foot. I don't think he is used to the speed that he has at WR and will become more comforatble over time. Oh, and accuracy to me is the difference between the throw being on target and knocked down by the DB and the shorter throws to Peter Nguyen that went 2 feet over his head - that is not accurate.

MarkCCU
September 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM
The only bad "call" I saw was in the last minute or so, the clock was stopped, Montana took the snap and the clock didn't start up for another 5-6 seconds. Then, Montana was given 3more seconds on top of that. That was questionable.

Grizo406
September 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
The only bad "call" I saw was in the last minute or so, the clock was stopped, Montana took the snap and the clock didn't start up for another 5-6 seconds. Then, Montana was given 3more seconds on top of that. That was questionable.

Hater...

GreatAppSt
September 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I was in LA with the old lady (a little beach time)

Loozeer

Cleets
September 11th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Loozeer

She looks so good in a bikini it's hard to say no when she says "Let's go to the beach this weekend"

Grizo406
September 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM
This is all I could find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd2YU8bJhIs

asu3peat
September 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Man, whoever is commentating on the highlights is dry. Somebody give that guy some shine!!!

Grizo, hope you enjoyed the moonshine and strawberries. Nice meeting you, AG1 and the rest of the gang.

Grizo406
September 12th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Man, whoever is commentating on the highlights is dry. Somebody give that guy some shine!!!

Grizo, hope you enjoyed the moonshine and strawberries. Nice meeting you, AG1 and the rest of the gang.

Back at ya', my friend!xthumbsupx

The moonshine and strawberries were terrific, and the sweet tea moonshine that followed was the perfect chaser!xbowx

Hope you can make it to Missoula for our 2013 game! xprayx If you do, we'll make sure you won't wanna' leave!!

Skjellyfetti
September 14th, 2012, 06:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhDw_1wxbP8

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
That's a regrettable effort. That's not an actual App product is it skjelly?

Skjellyfetti
September 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
That's a regrettable effort. That's not an actual App product is it skjelly?

Hell yeah it's an App product. Jake Stroot, SAVVY award winner. One of the best in the business. xnodx

For the second year in a row, ASU football video coordinator Jake Stroot was named the Collegiate Sports Video Association’s at-large Coordinator of the Year. The award adds to an already impressive resume for Stroot, who is in his 12th season with the Mountaineers. In addition to the back-to-back Coordinator of the Year honors, Stroot earned a prestigious SAVVY Award from the CSVA in 2008 for the year’s best collegiate highlight and motivational video.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hell yeah it's an App product. Jake Stroot, SAVVY award winner. One of the best in the business. xnodx

Best at video production maybe but as far as game highlights that sucks bad. I'd hate to go look at a Montana highlight and see only the Montana 1/2 of the game. Sorry dude, that sucks as far as representing the game that was played.

But if you like it that's cool by me. The audience is very limited for that sort of thing I'm pretty sure. I doubt it's what Rob was looking for when he wanted game highlights.

If the guy is one of the best in the business then I assume the business is hype videos or a recruiting video for a player or something?

asumike83
September 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
If the guy is one of the best in the business then I assume the business is hype videos or a recruiting video for a player or something?

Exactly, Jake is a great video guy but he is not trying to do balanced highlights. He does weekly motivational videos like this for App fans and they are posted on our recruiting website.

StorminASU
September 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Best at video production maybe but as far as game highlights that sucks bad. I'd hate to go look at a Montana highlight and see only the Montana 1/2 of the game. Sorry dude, that sucks as far as representing the game that was played.

But if you like it that's cool by me. The audience is very limited for that sort of thing I'm pretty sure. I doubt it's what Rob was looking for when he wanted game highlights.

I think everyone has misunderstood you.

The first video, named "Mountaineer football highlights..." is not an official football video by any means, it's a piece made by our POS student newspaper.

Now the second video is an official football video that is made by Jake Stroot as encouragement for the upcoming week's game. I may be mistaken also, but I thought you were asking if the first video was official. If I'm mistaken and you're questioning the second video, my bad. If you follow the video to his youtube page (shows up as "ASUvideo" too) you'll see he's pretty legit from the "get players pumped" viewpoint.

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM

I just wanted Moore. Everyone else sucks. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Exactly, Jake is a great video guy but he is not trying to do balanced highlights. He does weekly motivational videos like this for App fans and they are posted on our recruiting website.

That makes sense cuz it is not a good game highlight video. For that purpose it does well though. I like App but I'm not planning on playing for them so...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I think everyone has misunderstood you.

The first video, named "Mountaineer football highlights..." is not an official football video by any means, it's a piece made by our POS student newspaper.

Now the second video is an official football video that is made by Jake Stroot as encouragement for the upcoming week's game. I may be mistaken also, but I thought you were asking if the first video was official. If I'm mistaken and you're questioning the second video, my bad. If you follow the video to his youtube page (shows up as "ASUvideo" too) you'll see he's pretty legit from the "get players pumped" viewpoint.

No, the first video was better as far as I'm concerned. The production quality is nowhere near what the second video was but the content is more representative of what the game was. As far as a highlight I'll take the first one over the second one anyday to see game highlights.

Now if the second guy does an actual highlight video that represents the game I am sure it would be impressive but this one...not really feeling it. Gives nothing for anyone other than App fans to get caught up in and all that.

Grizo406
September 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I thought the video was fine, and understand the motivation Mr. Stroot had from the production angle. But, if I didn't know the outcome of the game, and this vid was the first I'd seen of it, I would have thought the Mountaineers had won it 45-3.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I thought the video was fine, and understand the motivation Mr. Stroot had from the production angle. But, if I didn't know the outcome of the game, and this vid was the first I'd seen of it, I would have thought the Mountaineers had won it 45-3.

Where did you come up with us getting 3 points?xlolx

Skjellyfetti
September 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Man, y'all will bitch about anything.

Sorry I posted it. Thought it was awesome and a hell of a lot better than the first one.

Feel free to post one from a Montana perspective. I'd enjoy that one as well. xthumbsupx

WataugaDave
September 14th, 2012, 08:43 PM

Didn't you see this video come on before the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7nbd61NNQ&list=UUEkjuXtUX1OMy-SZl8-K8_w&index=2&feature=plcp

Same guy, and after 3:10 it was ECU highlights. We spent an entire half getting rolled over in that game, not like you could tell from the video.

Also, don't go too hard on the newspaper. We don't have an actual broadcasting program to do this sort of thing, so they get stuck with it but it's nowhere near their actually area. The videos are edited using a computer and TV in a corner of the newspaper room. Once the broadcasting center opens and App starts broadcasting its own TV station (by 2014 supposedly) it can be passed off to them.

Grizo406
September 14th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Where did you come up with us getting 3 points?xlolx

I don't have a clue where it came from!

I just couldn't make it 45-0 for obvious reasons. We haven't been shut out since the late 80's, and if I would have posted 45-2, it would have sounded like I was bragging on our defense. So, I wanted to look accurate, and tried to take the high road on this one.

And, for one very brief moment in time, make it look like I knew what I was talkin' about...xprayxxprayx

Grizo406
September 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Didn't you see this video come on before the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7nbd61NNQ&list=UUEkjuXtUX1OMy-SZl8-K8_w&index=2&feature=plcp

Same guy, and after 3:10 it was ECU highlights. We spent an entire half getting rolled over in that game, not like you could tell from the video.

Also, don't go too hard on the newspaper. We don't have an actual broadcasting program to do this sort of thing, so they get stuck with it but it's nowhere near their actually area. The videos are edited using a computer and TV in a corner of the newspaper room. Once the broadcasting center opens and App starts broadcasting its own TV station (by 2014 supposedly) it can be passed off to them.

Yes, I saw that particular vid before the game, and thought it was brilliant!

I like and enjoy what Mr. Stroot puts out video wise, and I really like reading Dave Coulson's articles. Don't always agree on what some of their finished "products" show/say, but I hope neither of those two talented guys ever decide to stop using their video camera, or lap top.

If they do, we are all gonna' be less informed than we already are! And, IMO, that would be a shame!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Man, y'all will bitch about anything.

Sorry I posted it. Thought it was awesome and a hell of a lot better than the first one.

Feel free to post one from a Montana perspective. I'd enjoy that one as well. xthumbsupx
Jelly, I thought you were posting a one sided video in a smart *** type way. Didn't mean to actually offend you and it is a good video for a hype piece. Just not good in the traditional highlight sort of way but that was not it's intent.

Appologies.

Apphole
September 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Jelly, I thought you were posting a one sided video in a smart *** type way. Didn't mean to actually offend you and it is a good video for a hype piece. Just not good in the traditional highlight sort of way but that was not it's intent.

Appologies.

The purpose of those highlight videos is to motivate the team prior to the next game. Its only released to the public as a bonus. The purpose of the video is not to give an objective account of the whole game. Jake is the coolest guy I know.

- a prown former video staff member

asumike83
September 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM

Appologies.

APPologies. I see what you did there. xthumbsupx

Reps.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2012, 12:08 AM
The purpose of those highlight videos is to motivate the team prior to the next game. Its only released to the public as a bonus. The purpose of the video is not to give an objective account of the whole game. Jake is the coolest guy I know.

- a prown former video staff member

I believe I just worked my way through all of that and then said just that Damon.xlolx

Cool you worked on some of those.

Apphole
September 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I believe I just worked my way through all of that and then said just that Damon.xlolx

Cool you worked on some of those.
Just wanted to give my official stance on the subject.

-16 year old Matt Damon