PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Open For Week 2

AGSPoll
September 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
The AGS Poll is now open for Week 2 voting and will remain open until Monday. Use the link in my signature or wait around for Ursus to recover from his trip to Boone and turn on the big link/countdown clock. That could be a bit. xlolx

Remember to vote early and check your PM's in case there are any duplicates or anything we need to contact you about. If you accidentally vote for the same team twice, we can't count your vote.

superman7515
September 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Bump

DSUrocks07
September 9th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Why is this not a sticky? xnutsx

paul1978
September 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
bump

AGSPoll
September 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Bump again... We're looking a little slim on the votes this weekend... All these wins over FBS teams must have people out late.

GreatAppSt
September 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Why is this not a sticky? xnutsx

Many AGS members are sticky-blind including myselfxnodx. Many a sticky has been posted, sadly it's often weeks or month's before I even notice them:o.

mmiller_34
September 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Many AGS members are sticky-blind including myselfxnodx. Many a sticky has been posted, sadly it's often weeks or month's before I even notice them:o.

I fall under that category. I never notice stickies. Anyway, my vote is in!

DJKyR0
September 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Bump again... We're looking a little slim on the votes this weekend... All these wins over FBS teams must have people out late.

Is it possible to confirm my poll is submitted? Voted prior to the link being proclaimed as open and not sure if it's registered or not. Sorry to be that guy.

mmiller_34
September 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Is it possible to confirm my poll is submitted? Voted prior to the link being proclaimed as open and not sure if it's registered or not. Sorry to be that guy.

Did you get an email confirmation?

Twentysix
September 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM

The poll was opened before NAU even beat UNLV.

You should wait until all the games that matter finish :p.

AGSPoll
September 9th, 2012, 03:28 PM

Yes, your ballot was received at 2:24 am this morning.

Squealofthepig
September 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hardest part for me this week was deciding on biggest win/biggest loss, as several huge wins were had by teams with "state" in their name, while there were also a few home losses and major upsets.

DJKyR0
September 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Yes, your ballot was received at 2:24 am this morning.

Awesome, thanks.

MTfan4life
September 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I'm having a tough time ranking the top 35-40 after such a shakeup this week. It's hard figuring out where to place all those teams below the top tier.

I'm ranking down to the 35-40 level, because I feel that makes a little more accurate poll. A. I'm less likely to leave an obvious choice out. & B. I can see who the bottom five in the poll will be ranked ahead.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I haven't been getting email confirmations.

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I have never voted before but I gave it my honest opinion and did research. I clicked on the link and it allow me to vote. I was as objective as I could be and I did not use any bias. I gave several teams the benefit of the doubt unless it was a loss to an FCS opponent. I also dropped UNH a bit because how bad the loss was to Minnesota while understanding they lost their QB

OhioHen
September 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM

If you're low on votes, don't question polls based on strength of victory that give zero credit for a so-called "good loss."

Dane96
September 9th, 2012, 07:55 PM
voting is a privilege...

...I'd prefer less voters than voters who don't pay attention/care/understand/etc.

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I voted Albany in the top 25 with honesty. They were not a top 15 but still in the top 25. 2 wins this year and playoff birth last year is why.

Dane96
September 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I think I had them at 22...up a spot.

Albany has some big questions still...and our QB is raw. If we keep it within 10 of YSU on the road...I keep them at 22-23...and their ranking would hold ONLY if they could take down Maine at Maine.

Maine is an enigma right now. BC is not very good...so that was shocking but it was game 1.

DSUrocks07
September 9th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My vote is in, and I'm prepared to post my ballot after the official poll is released. xthumbsupx

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I put Albany at 24.

GreatAppSt
September 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I have never voted before but I gave it my honest opinion and did research. I clicked on the link and it allow me to vote. I was as objective as I could be and I did not use any bias. I gave several teams the benefit of the doubt unless it was a loss to an FCS opponent.

This!xthumbsupx

OhioHen
September 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Getting near poll closing time. Vote if you're eligible.

AGSPoll
September 10th, 2012, 10:33 AM
30 minutes left.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I haven't been getting email confirmations.

You have trouble typing your damn email address in when voting Rob. Enough of trusting the autofill and sending in ballots with "panterrob" as the email address. You did that last year and said this last year and I replied in this same fashion in a phone conversation.

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Arkansas & Wisconsin disappeared from the 1-A Top 25 after losses, how far will GSU drop here??

AGSPoll
September 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
And that's it. 12:01 pm, we're closed. Thanks for voting.

DSUrocks07
September 10th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Arkansas & Wisconsin disappeared from the 1-A Top 25 after losses, how far will GSU drop here??

They're saying that this is a "historic drop", how far did Michigan fall after 9/1/07?

OhioHen
September 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
They're saying that this is a "historic drop", how far did Michigan fall after 9/1/07?

Arkansas dropping from #8 to out is the second biggest fall. Michigan went from #5 preseason to out following their loss to Appalachian State.

andy7171
September 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM

#5 to outside the top 25.

DSUrocks07
September 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Arkansas dropping from #8 to out is the second biggest fall. Michigan went from #5 preseason to out following their loss to Appalachian State.

#5 to outside the top 25.

More ESxrotatehxN

crusader11
September 10th, 2012, 11:12 AM

I hope that they don't drop from the top 25. The Citadel is not nearly as bad of a loss as the ones that Wisconsin and Arkansas endured. In fact, The Citadel is a pretty respectable squad that was a top 40 team last year. They were playing very well towards the end of the season, and that has carried over to 2012 (41-20 loss to SC, 14-12 loss to GA Southern, 49-42 loss to App State).

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
You have trouble typing your damn email address in when voting Rob. Enough of trusting the autofill and sending in ballots with "panterrob" as the email address. You did that last year and said this last year and I replied in this same fashion in a phone conversation.

Weird. It shows right on my end. I will double check this week. Lol

Eaglesrus
September 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
We dropped from 3 to 11 in The Sportsnetwork's poll. I have us dropping to 12 in the AGS, but I didn't have us ranked as high as the consensus to begin with.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I hope that they don't drop from the top 25. The Citadel is not nearly as bad of a loss as the ones that Wisconsin and Arkansas endured. In fact, The Citadel is a pretty respectable squad that was a top 40 team last year. They were playing very well towards the end of the season, and that has carried over to 2012 (41-20 loss to SC, 14-12 loss to GA Southern, 49-42 loss to App State).

Early season conference games are brutal. I dropped them 11 spots which i felt was fair.

Twentysix
September 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Dropped GSU 17 spots. If you can't throw the ball or kick the ball you aren't that good. Apparently teams that aren't that good are worthy of the FCS top 25.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Dropped GSU 17 spots. If you can't throw the ball or kick the ball you aren't that good. Apparently teams that aren't that good are worthy of the FCS top 25.

First loss of the year makes them 11 for me. Just out of top 10 but give it a couple weeks to see if it is a fluke.

DSUrocks07
September 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
First loss of the year makes them 11 for me. Just out of top 10 but give it a couple weeks to see if it is a fluke.

This. I have them at 11 as well.

OhioHen
September 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
No change to where I placed Georgia Southern in my poll.

A win over a Pioneer League team wasn't enough to warrant a spot in my initial poll. Obviously the loss this week doesn't move them in.

Eaglesrus
September 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM

You mean only only loss of the year? No? Didn't think so:)

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
You mean only only loss of the year? No? Didn't think so:)

I perhaps abbreviated a little too much. First loss of the year for a top 10 team to an unranked opponent, which happened.