PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brook

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Any chance against Syracuse or Army?

Judging by the first two weeks they will beat Colgate.

Franks Tanks
September 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
They are really freakin good. I think they beat Army easily.

Syracuse is a pretty good team so I think they take SBU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
They are really, really good. Syracuse's talent level might be a bit much. Army is definitely doable though.

Sader87
September 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
They could beat Army....I predict Army will be 1-AA/FCS within the decade actually.

Bogus Megapardus
September 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
They are really freakin good. I think they beat Army easily.

Syracuse is a pretty good team so I think they take SBU.

I watched some of Army vs San Diego State tonight during the "weather delay" in the Lafayette/W&M game. Army is not good. I think Stony Brook takes this one, even at Michie.

RichH2
September 8th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Watched some also , 1dimensional tough but slow. SB wins. Syracuse will beat them decisively.

bonarae
September 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Good chance for the Seawolves at both, but Army can be a good candidate for being upset by an FCS.

Franks Tanks
September 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I watched some of Army vs San Diego State tonight during the "weather delay" in the Lafayette/W&M game. Army is not good. I think Stony Brook takes this one, even at Michie.

Yup.

We had a kid transfer to Army recently. Corey Watts perhaps? He starts at Army and was good but unremarkable in the PL.

SBU has great talent and the team is really coming together. I'm just glad we don't play them this year.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
They could beat Army....I predict Army will be 1-AA/FCS within the decade actually.

Will never happen. They are a DoD school. Budget unlimited, storied program, and too much face to lose with the other service academies.

Sader87
September 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Both Navy and Army will be in the Patriot League for football by 2020 or so...the world of FBS football is becoming too much of a cesspool.

Dane96
September 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Not a chance.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 04:36 AM
1) the academies will never leave the fbs. They've shown repeatedly that they can be solid mid-majors and compete for conference titles. Air force is a solid contender in the mwc this year, for instance

2) SBU should be able to get a top seed at 10-1. liberty and army are their best chances of losing, aside from syracuse, and they should be the favorite in both those games.

aceinthehole
September 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
SBU likely beats Army. I think the Seawolves have the best backfield in FCS. They are fast and strong. They are going to make noise in the FCS playoffs this year.

'Cuse is going to be a reach. I'm not sure SBU's defense will be able to hold back the Orange for 4 quarters, but it should be a good game.

Dane96
September 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
So I will say it.

SYRACUSE IS GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF STONY BROOK.

I watched both 'Cuse losses and they are basically a mental error (first game) and a few players short (USC) of winning both "road" games and, essentially in one, knocking off the #2 team in the land.

'Cuse..if they play to the talent level...is a Big East contender...and probably a Top 40 football team.

SBU is good...really good...but not that good.

Redwyn
September 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
So I will say it.

SYRACUSE IS GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF STONY BROOK.

I watched both 'Cuse losses and they are basically a mental error (first game) and a few players short (USC) of winning both "road" games and, essentially in one, knocking off the #2 team in the land.

'Cuse..if they play to the talent level...is a Big East contender...and probably a Top 40 football team.

SBU is good...really good...but not that good.

Strange enough - agreed.

Syracuse last year = winnable matchup against a program that never got its act together.

Syracuse this year has looked quite impressive even in losses. While I love that this discussion is even going on, it would take a miracle like App State/Michigan for us to upset here. And it would be a TRUE upset.

Army on the other hand.....I'm looking forward to our first national cable televised football game :-)

Dane96
September 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Yah....I actually think SBU wins at Michie going away. Michie is such a great experience for fans and players.

Bring your big camera Redwyn...beautiful sight lines.

LEHIGH61
September 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yah....I actually think SBU wins at Michie going away. Michie is such a great experience for fans and players.

Stony Brook should handle Army. And they have the ability to beat Syracuse as well. Watched them in the playoffs last year and I was impressed. Having a ton of experience back plus the transfer running back (Coker) makes them a legitimate threat to win the FCS this year.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM

All SBU fans should make every effort to get to the Army game.

Seawolf97
September 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Will never happen. They are a DoD school. Budget unlimited, storied program, and too much face to lose with the other service academies.

I tend to agree. The generals and admirals will not let there Alma Matas drop down an inch. Too much history and tradition. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. Army is winnable and Syracuse hope we can stay withing two TD's. Im amazed at our depth this year. This kid Williams #19 is true freshman and runs with the best of them. Syracuse game is on SNY and TWC next Saturday 4pm.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
It's tempting to say that Army and Navy's philosophical home, even in football, should be the PL. But their football programs have a dual purpose - military recruiting - that simply won't work playing at Lehigh, Bucknell, and Holy Cross. For them, playing at Louisiana-Lafayette and recruiting the South, playing at SMU and recruiting Texas, playing at San Diego State and recruiting California, vastly outweighs being in a conference, and certainly outweighs the Patriot League in terms of those priorities.

Don't get me wrong - there's nothing I'd like more than seeing Army and Navy in the PL in football. But I don't think it's realistic given their unique mission and the fact that football is so linked to it.

And - oh yeah - I think Stony Brook will beat them easily.

CRAZY_DANE
September 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Are you people crazy?

Syracuse played a very close game with the #2 team in the country. Are you suggesting Stony Brook would have done a better job against USC? Syracuse lost to Northwestern by 1 point. Do you people hear yourselves?

I predict Savannah State will destroy Florida State... oh, I take that back.

Stony Brook will not beat 'Cuse unless half the team gets Ebola and they are bleeding from their eyes.

Bogus Megapardus
September 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Army and Navy will not play football in the PL anytime soon. They can't be limited to a northeast schedule; the Academies deliberately play a diverse schedule across the nation to provide veterans a chance to come out to the game and to bolster armed forces recruiting. But I disagree that the admirals and generals otherwise would have a problem with the Patriot League. Remember that both are full members of the Patriot League and they play all of their other sports in the PL.

I can't see Stony Brook beating Syracuse, but I think they'll make a very good showing. Army will be tough and very physical. Army looked bad last night against San Diego State, but it will be a different story at Michie against Stony Brook. Still from what I see, Stony Brook should get the win over Army in a close, low-scoring game.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Army and Navy will not play football in the PL anytime soon. They can't be limited to a northeast schedule; the Academies deliberately play a diverse schedule across the nation to provide veterans a chance to come out to the game and to bolster armed forces recruiting. But I disagree that the admirals and generals otherwise would have a problem with the Patriot League. Remember that both are full members of the Patriot League and they play all of their other sports in the PL.

Army, Navy, and Air Force all get FBS teams, but why is the Coast Guard Academy relegated to DIII ? You'd think that the powers that be would at least spring for FCS status.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Are you people crazy?

Syracuse played a very close game with the #2 team in the country. Are you suggesting Stony Brook would have done a better job against USC? Syracuse lost to Northwestern by 1 point. Do you people hear yourselves?

I predict Savannah State will destroy Florida State... oh, I take that back.

Stony Brook will not beat 'Cuse unless half the team gets Ebola and they are bleeding from their eyes.

minnesota lost to usc by 2, then lost to ndsu by 13 three weeks later last year.