PDA

View Full Version : MVFC CONFERENCE OF 2012

penguinpower
September 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Probably the best conference in the fcs of 2012 season.

sgt smash
September 8th, 2012, 09:40 PM
8-2 today and 2-2 vs FBS, right?

sgt smash
September 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
And so far only 1 FCS loss this year.

Thanks mtfan. 2 losses. Missed the Eastern Illinois over SIU.

Daved
September 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Probably the best conference in the fcs of 2012 season.I would agree with that statement even if I didn't have a biased opinion.:D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Easily the best conference so far. YSU and NDSU might be the two best teams in the country. UNI and ILL ST aren't far behind, if at all imo.

DJKyR0
September 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Strongest last year, stronger this year.

DoubleE
September 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM
we have to get 5 teams in the playoffs this year............. right ?

DoubleE
September 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM
YSU, NDSU, Illinois State all with wins over FBS schools so far this year (MWC,MAC,Big East)

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
UNI has a chance against IOWA

DoubleE
September 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
UNI has a chance against IOWA

any team that can score a touchdown has a chance vs Iowa, yikes

MTfan4life
September 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
And so far only 1 FCS loss this year.

2 - South Dakota and Southern Illinois

Twentysix
September 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
The missouri valley doesn't recruit enough southern kids to be the fastest, and isn't located east enough to be the best.

We are at best the #4 league in the FCS.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2012, 11:22 PM
any team that can score a touchdown has a chance vs Iowa, yikes

Iowa looked awful today. That said, I won't count my chickens before they hatch, but I feel like I have a pretty accurate guess. ;)

Twentysix
September 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
2 - South Dakota and Southern Illinois

This man is right.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
??? South Dakota beat colgate.

and lost to Montana. SIU lost to EIU last week. 2 FCS losses.

Twentysix
September 8th, 2012, 11:25 PM
and lost to Montana. SIU lost to EIU last week. 2 FCS losses.

Yeah, I remembered and changed it. Funny that you quoted it in the 10 second window that it was up.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I remembered and changed it. Funny that you quoted it in the 10 second window that it was up.

LOL, I will leave it as a reminder. :)

Twentysix
September 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Easily the best conference so far. YSU and NDSU might be the two best teams in the country. UNI and ILL ST aren't far behind, if at all imo.

I think UNI is probably not as good as thought in week 1.. Wisconsin lost to Oregon St... They scored 1 touchdown.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I think UNI is probably not as good as thought in week 1.. Wisconsin lost to Oregon St... They scored 1 touchdown.

But how good is Oregon St? This is the game we play at this point. We should have a better idea each week. UNI gets Iowa, YSU and NDSU the next three weeks. I would accept a win in one of those as being a good team.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2012, 12:02 AM
But how good is Oregon St? This is the game we play at this point. We should have a better idea each week. UNI gets Iowa, YSU and NDSU the next three weeks. I would accept a win in one of those as being a good team.

Thats true, I am keeping the assumption that Ore St proved Wisconsin isn't as good as advertised. I don't think beating Iowa proves you are a good team tbh, if you smoke iowa by several touchdowns its another story. If you beat YSU or NDSU on the other hand...

DoubleE
September 9th, 2012, 12:49 AM
YSU next 4 weeks

H Albany (NEC Champs in 2011 and favs this year)
H UNI
Bye
@ NDSU

gonna be a fun next 3 games

DJKyR0
September 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
YSU next 4 weeks

@ NDSU

Homecoming for NDSU fresh off visiting Northern Iowa. This could very well be the early decider for the MVFC crown and should be an absolutely electric atmosphere. Can't wait.

clenz
September 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Thats true, I am keeping the assumption that Ore St proved Wisconsin isn't as good as advertised. I don't think beating Iowa proves you are a good team tbh, if you smoke iowa by several touchdowns its another story. If you beat YSU or NDSU on the other hand...
Beating Iowa would be more impressive than beating Idaho, Colorado, Colorado State, Middle Tennessee State, etc...and on par with Pitt.

sgt smash
September 9th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Beating Iowa would be more impressive than beating Idaho, Colorado, Colorado State, Middle Tennessee State, etc...and on par with Pitt.
Beating Iowa would be probably the best one of the group, better than Pitt. I think Pitt is gonna spend alot of time behind opposing teams' woodsheds this year.

DoubleE
September 9th, 2012, 01:00 AM

i tend to agree although i think as bad as pitt was vs cincy, they would beat iowa this year

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 04:14 AM
The level of play this year is fantastic and you can see it when watching the games not just the box scores. The depth of the teams is much improved as well. I think depth would always hinder the playoff performances in years past (NDSU not included), but at the end of the season MVFC teams would have injuries that impacted depth in the playoffs.....doesn't look like the case this year.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 04:40 AM
can i join in on this mvfc circle-jerk?

I think i will have 4 mvfc teams in my top10 next week though. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Beating Iowa is more impressive than beating Pitt.....still the Big 10.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2012, 08:42 AM
You know Iowa is bad when the Minnesota media is counting the Hawkeye game as a win. Iowa is the new Minnesota.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
It's a bit premature to say the MVC is the best by far. It's not all that impressive to beat a CSU team with a first year coach who has won 5 FBS games in the last two seasons. It's even less impressive to beat a lower-tier MAC team. UT Martin, Sac State, McNeese State, and Northern Arizona also got wins over bad FBS wins too, and all of those FCS teams will probably be on the bubble at best at the end of the season. You aren't the best conference because your better teams have the most games against bad FBS teams.

No_Skill
September 9th, 2012, 09:05 AM
It's a bit premature to say the MVC is the best by far. It's not all that impressive to beat a CSU team with a first year coach who has won 5 FBS games in the last two seasons. It's even less impressive to beat a lower-tier MAC team. UT Martin, Sac State, McNeese State, and Northern Arizona also got wins over bad FBS wins too, and all of those FCS teams will probably be on the bubble at best at the end of the season. You aren't the best conference because your better teams have the most games against bad FBS teams.

Is it impressive to lose to The Citadel?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Is it impressive to lose to The Citadel?

I'm not talking about GSU, genius.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Just like you guys going "toe-to-toe" with Alabama and thinking you were going to run us off the field.....whatever. Bison would beat GSU again by the same margin....period.

Right now the MV looks like the best FCS conference but that could change.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I really don't care who the best conference is or how many FBS wins anyone has or how close a team got to a top 20 fbs win. What's important is who is on the field in Frisco at the end of the year.

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 09:21 AM
NDSU made a significant statement and Illinois State also made a big statement.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I know that your point is valid so let me try to change the subject.

Just like you guys going "toe-to-toe" with Alabama and thinking you were going to run us off the field.....whatever. Bison would beat GSU again by the same margin....period.

Right now the MV looks like the best FCS conference but that could change.

FIFY

And I agree the MVC is looking like the the best conference, but seriously, your top teams beating a bunch of bad FBS teams doesn't really make you far and away the best conference like some say here. Youngstown and UNI probably had the most impressive performances against FBS teams because they went up against a higher level of talent than is at Colorado State and the lower rungs of the MAC.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
NDSU
UNI
ILL St
YSU

And don't sleep on SDSU and IND St. Maybe W ILL, but they haven't played anyone yet.

Bot those top four, if 100% healthy --- they at worst go 3-1 in a crossover with ANY I-AA conference's top four. ANYONE.

BRING. IT. 3-1 and probably 4-0.

Should've been 5 in the playoffs last year, G-D better well be minimum 4 in the playoffs this year.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
That said, how is everyone doing on injuries?

NDSU just lost starting SS and TE to knee injuries, probably for season. Injuries are as certain in football as anything. Simple fact of life. A good team has to have depth. But it still sucks.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Tier 1- NDSU, YSU, UNI, IlSt
Tier 1/2- InSt, maybe SdSU

Everyone else sucks?
SIU- waxed by EIU, didn't look good vs Miami Oh
WIU- struggled with Butler and Indy
moSt- two FbS games, hard to say
USD- hard to say. Got a win, didn't get waxed in Missoula

MplsBison
September 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Tier 1- NDSU, YSU, UNI, IlSt
Tier 1/2- InSt, maybe SdSU

Everyone else sucks?
SIU- waxed by EIU, didn't look good vs Miami Oh
WIU- struggled with Butler and Indy
moSt- two FbS games, hard to say
USD- hard to say. Got a win, didn't get waxed in Missoula

I'd put WIU and USD in the tier 2 for now, until we get more data. SIU and MO St are pulling up the rear.

But, of course, the correct way to judge conference strength is how well the top teams in a conference would do in a cross-over against the top teams in another conference.

And right now, from where I'm comfortably sitting, MVFC would own anyone in I-AA.

ndsubison
September 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM
There may be some validity in the top MVFC teams beating what could be considered "bad" FBS teams. Too early to say. What I will say is that whoever is standing atop the MVFC standings at the end of the regular season will, IMO, be considered more impressive than beating the FBS teams that have already been beaten by Valley teams. I will also throw in my vote for the MVFC conference being the best in FCS. I've been saying that for awhile now. I fully expect the Valley to have 4 representatives in the playoffs this year and am silently pulling for 5. We shall see....

ndsubison
September 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I'd put WIU and USD in the tier 2 for now, until we get more data. SIU and MO St are pulling up the rear.

But, of course, the correct way to judge conference strength is how well the top teams in a conference would do in a cross-over against the top teams in another conference.

And right now, from where I'm comfortably sitting, MVFC would own anyone in I-AA.

Agreed. And that is what the playoffs are for.

UNIFanSince1983
September 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
The biggest problem getting 4 teams in would be how much a meat grinder the conference schedule is going to be. I mean if we lose to Iowa we will already have 2 losses and not much room for error in the conference schedule that will be brutal. There are really no off weeks in the conference schedule. If we lose to Iowa we will have 2 losses with games with YSU, and NDSU the following weeks. Might be too much to overcome.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
The biggest problem getting 4 teams in would be how much a meat grinder the conference schedule is going to be. I mean if we lose to Iowa we will already have 2 losses and not much room for error in the conference schedule that will be brutal. There are really no off weeks in the conference schedule. If we lose to Iowa we will have 2 losses with games with YSU, and NDSU the following weeks. Might be too much to overcome.

I suggest you beat Iowa. xnodx

ndsubison
September 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Yes I agree. I'm not a number cruncher but with the selection committee being what it is, I wonder if a Valley team on the bubble would (could?) benefit from SOS, Sagarin, or some other selection criteria that would get them in? I think it's a travesty for a team to have to sit at home watching the playoffs when everybody knows that same team could make some noise in the playoffs, given the opportunity. I won't list Valley examples because I think we all know who they are.

mmiller_34
September 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM

Very true. It will be interesting to see what happens this year when all the teams don't play each other. South Dakota State doesn't play Illinois State, and Indiana State doesn't play UNI. That could have an effect on how many teams are playoff eligible by the end of the season.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 02:28 PM
FIFY

And I agree the MVC is looking like the the best conference, but seriously, your top teams beating a bunch of bad FBS teams doesn't really make you far and away the best conference like some say here. Youngstown and UNI probably had the most impressive performances against FBS teams because they went up against a higher level of talent than is at Colorado State and the lower rungs of the MAC.

Illinois state, YSU and NDSU didn't just beat mediocre teams, they pounded them.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM
You know Iowa is bad when the Minnesota media is counting the Hawkeye game as a win. Iowa is the new Minnesota.

it's the path of doom. NDSU is scheduled, so the universe wills that kirk ferentz has to get fired the year before they play. It's going to take a couple seasons of awful football to get him fired though.

Daved
September 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I really don't care who the best conference is or how many FBS wins anyone has or how close a team got to a top 20 fbs win. What's important is who is on the field in Frisco at the end of the year.That's exactly how I feel--that's the real bottom line,:)

penguinpower
September 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I happen to agree, however, other conferences are media darlings and get more attention and votes from the sports writers. After the seeds and 7 D1 win criteria it gets a little more subjective. discussion is always good.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Youngstown gets obliterated and Illinois State gets shut out at home by SIU. Thought we should revisit this topic.

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
NDSU could, and would, do that to pretty much any FCS team this year....

SIU is better than given credit for

Could be the conference is a amazingly deep - outside of USD, MSU, WIU

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Youngstown gets obliterated and Illinois State gets shut out at home by SIU. Thought we should revisit this topic.

Easy. NDSU is just that much better than everyone and SIU isn't that bad and getting better every week-- and Illinois State is getting worse.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 6th, 2012, 06:56 PM

I didn't learn anything new today.

1. NDSU is - by far - the best team in the country.
2. The MVFC is so strong that even a "middle of the conference" team like SIU can knock off a "top tier" team on Any Given Saturday.
3. This only solidifies the fact that the MVFC is top-to-bottom the toughest conference in the Nation, hands down.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Easy. NDSU is just that much better than everyone and SIU isn't that bad and getting better every week-- and Illinois State is getting worse.

Of course....it's much more likely that NDSU is just six touchdowns better than all of the other top 10 teams. No way it's just that people read too much into wins over bad FBS teams.

NDSU could, and would, do that to pretty much any FCS team this year....

SIU is better than given credit for

Could be the conference is a amazingly deep - outside of USD, MSU, WIU

Agree tha SIU isn't that bad .....but there is a tendency for confernce homers to say "parity in our league = strength, parity in other leagues = weakness."

SIU was clobbered by Eastern Illinois and Miami Ohio. There is no way Illinois State is a top 15 at this point, and I don't see how you can say they are without using circular reasoning of conference strength.

ITmonarch10
October 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM

2. The MVFC is so strong that even a "middle of the conference" team like SIU can knock off a "top tier" team on Any Given Saturday. "What are you talking about ?"
3. This only solidifies the fact that the MVFC is top-to-bottom the toughest conference in the Nation, hands down.

NDSU is the best in the country and I agree that the MVFC is the best conference in the country this year. Illinois State's shutout loss seems to be a sign of things to come and they haven't even entered the tough part of their schedule. They still have Youngstown, UNI and NDSU on the schedule. When the playoff selection comes around the big sky is going to take one of the 3 bids the MVFC should have. You should thank UNI for that.

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Is this ****tard serious? How many FBS wins does the Southern have? Hell, how many times did a Southern team even play within 20 of an FBS team this year? Go **** yourself you stupid ****ing ****.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Is this ****tard serious? How many FBS wins does the Southern have? Hell, how many times did a Southern team even play within 20 of an FBS team this year? Go **** yourself you stupid ****ing ****.

I'll interpret that as "I don't really have an argument, so let me make an ad hominem."

And BTW, not all of us get to play the Eastern Michigans, Colorado States, and Miami Ohios of the FBS. Admittitedly App. didn't look great against ECU but outside of them and the worst SoCon team playing Marshall our FBS games are far and away tougher than the MVFC's.

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Redbird Ray typing that post

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/08/Angry-Typing.gif

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I'll interpret that as "I don't really have an argument, so let me make an ad hominem."

And BTW, not all of us get to play the Eastern Michigans, Colorado States, and Miami Ohios of the FBS. Admittitedly App. didn't look great against ECU but outside of them and the worst SoCon team playing Marshall our FBS games are far and away tougher than the MVFC's.

So, you wanna answer my question or not? ECU and USF are hardly tougher than the teams you listed.

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Yah, Redbird Ray sent off an angry post.

However, Georgia Southern should know how good NDSU is.

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yes. If the Bears don't beat the Jags by 20 pts tomorrow, then I'm going to be an insufferable prick all week.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Of course....it's much more likely that NDSU is just six touchdowns better than all of the other top 10 teams. No way it's just that people read too much into wins over bad FBS teams.

Agree tha SIU isn't that bad .....but there is a tendency for confernce homers to say "parity in our league = strength, parity in other leagues = weakness."

SIU was clobbered by Eastern Illinois and Miami Ohio. There is no way Illinois State is a top 15 at this point, and I don't see how you can say they are without using circular reasoning of conference strength.

The EIU debacle was on the coaches, 100%. They were completely unprepared for EIU's hurry up game.

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2012, 08:10 PM
JC this is a sensitive bunch.

About the ISU game. Not sure what the hell happened to our oline today. SIU does have one of the better front 7s in the league, but there was no excuse for how our line played today. Brown looked horrible today.

Next week should be interesting. Two pissed off teams.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Redbird Ray typing that post

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/08/Angry-Typing.gif
xlolx

malibudude
October 6th, 2012, 08:12 PM

I believe it is "argumentum ad hominem"

Houndawg
October 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
JC this is a sensitive bunch.

About the ISU game. Not sure what the hell happened to our oline today. SIU does have one of the better front 7s in the league, but there was no excuse for how our line played today. Brown looked horrible today.

Next week should be interesting. Two pissed off teams.

When our NT is healthy we're tough to run on.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yah, Redbird Ray sent off an angry post.

However, Georgia Southern should know how good NDSU is.

NDSU is awesome...the MVFC might still be the best conference in the nation. But they are not far and away the best as some here have said.

I think you can make a case for the Big Sky. What exactly makes the MVFC's FBS wins better than the Big Sky's?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
When our NT is healthy we're tough to run on.

Lennon: Did this win help save his job this year.....for now?

mmiller_34
October 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
MVFC:

Youngstown State 31 Pitt 17
Illinois State 31 Eastern Michigan 14
NDSU 22 Colorado State 7

Big Sky:

Cal Poly 24 Wyoming 22 (Currently beating Nevada.. if they hold on to win it will be a good win)
Eastern Washington 20 Idaho 3
Sacramento State 30 Colorado 28
NAU 17 UNLV 14

All of these FBS teams listed are terrible. Pitt has the most wins (2). It was how the MVFC teams beat the FBS teams, they controlled the games and won comfortably.

The Big Sky FBS games were great games, but the games (besides EWU Over Idaho) were very close. Not saying the wins aren't good. Just saying its different than how MVFC teams beat their FBS opponents.

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Nobody else can even hold up our jock straps,NDSU,YSU,UNI,SDSU,ISU-R,ISU-B all should be in the PlayOffs.

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Nobody else can even hold up our jock straps,NDSU,YSU,UNI,SDSU,ISU-R,ISU-B all should be in the PlayOffs.

NDSU, YSU, SDSU, ISU-R should all make it. No way UNI does and I doubt ISU-b at this point. But thats just my opinion.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2012, 09:27 PM

Hey grasshopper....take a breath and relax.

Great win today for sure. Let's concentrate on Indiana State now.

Love your enthusiasm though.....xpeacex

da_Bison
October 6th, 2012, 09:28 PM

back er down a bit there Justin, gettin alittle obnoxious...

FargoBison
October 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM

To quote Mike Tice..."Ok, Calm down!"

clenz
October 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM
NDSU, YSU, SDSU, ISU-R should all make it. No way UNI does and I doubt ISU-b at this point. But thats just my opinion.
FWIW, at this point playing the "if UNI wins out card" if puts UNI a head of ISUr....

Twentysix
October 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
FWIW, at this point playing the "if UNI wins out card" if puts UNI a head of ISUr....

In conference perhaps, even going 2-3 in remaining games ISU-r will have a better overall DI record than UNI.

Should they beat YSU or UNI or god forbid NDSU they will have 8 DI wins pretty likely playoff team imo.

steelbison
October 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Illinois State is overrated I watched them barely beat a below avg south Dakota team last week. South Dakota gave that game away. then getting shut out today. Seriously? That's not a top 20 team in my opinion. Sorry red bird Ray. I hope UNI wins out. Would make things interesting.

justintyem
October 6th, 2012, 09:40 PM
back er down a bit there Justin, gettin alittle obnoxious... Im going to bed,I didnt sleep last night cause I was so damn excited for the game. Im just running on fumes,LoL But DAMN IT FEELS GREAT !!!!! GoodNight NDSU BISON Family

Bisonoline
October 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM

You are getting obnoxious.
???? What do you mean OUR?????

Hambone
October 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM

2. The MVFC is so strong that even a "middle of the conference" team like SIU can knock off a "top tier" team on Any Given Saturday.
It's funny because NAU beats Montana or Davis holds strong with Mont St and it proves the Big Sky is weak. Same type of thing happens in the valley an it proves how strong the Valley is. I've always laughed at my Bison friends who have said that. It makes me laugh:). The Valley is strong though but this doesn't "prove it" in my opinion.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM
It's funny because NAU beats Montana or Davis holds strong with Mont St and it proves the Big Sky is weak. Same type of thing happens in the valley an it proves how strong the Valley is. I've always laughed at my Bison friends who have said that. It makes me laugh:). The Valley is strong though but this doesn't "prove it" in my opinion.

You have a valid point, as the Big Sky is tough as well. I'm simply standing up for my conference on a message board - nothing more. I'm sure it'd be relatively easy to debate that the Big Sky is arguably as good as the Valley...

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Illinois State is overrated I watched them barely beat a below avg south Dakota team last week. South Dakota gave that game away. then getting shut out today. Seriously? That's not a top 20 team in my opinion. Sorry red bird Ray. I hope UNI wins out. Would make things interesting.

I think we should still be somewhere in the top 25. We'll see what happens the next few weeks. The team that dominated EMU isn't the same team that's showed up the last couple weeks.

Hambone
October 7th, 2012, 07:27 AM
You have a valid point, as the Big Sky is tough as well. I'm simply standing up for my conference on a message board - nothing more. I'm sure it'd be relatively easy to debate that the Big Sky is arguably as good as the Valley...

Sorry - my intention wasn't to call you out as you didn't mention another conference in your post. I was just more amused at how much it reminds me of some of my friends who do what I described in the same sentence:)

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I think we should still be somewhere in the top 25. We'll see what happens the next few weeks. The team that dominated EMU isn't the same team that's showed up the last couple weeks.

Illinois State is still in control of their own 'destiny'. Only 1 conference loss so far. Put this behind and focus. I am surprised by getting shutout at home....didn't see that coming.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Sorry - my intention wasn't to call you out as you didn't mention another conference in your post. I was just more used at how much it reminds me of some of my friends who do what I described in the same sentence:)

I'm surprised that UND is so poor against the run now. That was their 'bread and butter' the last 20 yrs. Good wake-up call for the coaching staff.

McNeese75
October 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
You are getting obnoxious.
???? What do you mean OUR?????

xlolx You gotta give the guy props. It takes a LOT to get the Bison faithful to put one of their own in the Obnoxious category. But I agree he is over the top and sounds like a 15 yo.

Hambone
October 7th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'm surprised that UND is so poor against the run now. That was their 'bread and butter' the last 20 yrs. Good wake-up call for the coaching staff.

YOu and me both.........you and me both.......

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I think both the MVFC and the Big Sky could make the argument. I've got 4 Big Sky teams in my top 15 and only 2 MVFC teams. Having the extra 3 teams is also an advantage to the Big Sky over the MVFC.

Of course, my vote it still that the MVFC is the toughest FCS league in the land but it's not the clear front runner.