PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga @ Jacksonville State

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:06 PM
The final game of this one sided series. Chattanooga will look to get to 27 and 10 against these slimy, dirty, grimy, scumy little trash cans. Jacob Huesman looks to silence his haters.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Jacob Huesman sprints 62 yards on play number 1

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Nick Pollard misses a 30 yard FG.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Jacksonville state hits the 33 yard Fg. 3 to 0 5:35 to go in the 1st.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Jacksonville returns a Huesman fumble 65 yards for a.td. 10 to 0 jacksonville state.

Smitty
September 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Jacob Huesman looks to silence his haters.

Doing pretty good so far.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Doing pretty good so far.

He is. Just needa to hang onto the ball and they cant stop him.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Chattanooga 0 Jacksonville State 10 after 1.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Jacksonville State 17 to 0. The fullback just embarrassed Chattanooga.s defense.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Huesman sneaks in on 4th and goal from the 1 and Chattanooga is finally on the board. Jacksonville State 17 Chattanooga 7 Half

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Pollard this time hits from 30 yards. 17 to 10.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 07:49 PM
30 yard passing touchdown pass. 24 to 10 JSU

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Jacksonville gives the Mocs a first down with a leaping call on a fg attempt and Huesman hits the freshman Tray James for the TD. 24 16 missed PAT.

Milktruck74
September 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Defense needs to figure out how to stop the big heavys they have carrying the ball. O looks to be finding a stride. 4th quarter will be fun!!!!

Go Mocs!!!!

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Jacksonville State 24 Chattanooga 16. End 3rd.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Mocs will stadt 95 yards and a 2point conversion away from tieing it with.7:51 to go

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM
5:19 left Jacksonville state 1st and 10 from their 20.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Huesman to Moore 15 yard td pass. Timeot before 2 point conversion. 24 22 jax state. 39 seconds left.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Its good. Clutch drive. 24 all

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
38 yard fg for Jacksonville state is good. Chattanooga loses after somehow a 12yard gain on an inside running play.takes only 5 seconds. Thats.why the series is ending.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Embarrassing performance from the defense. Another loss in a close game. Huesman was nails at the end. Luckily not a conference game. A little humble pie for the defense isnt the worst thing in rhe world. Need to win 7 of 8 conference games to be playoff eligible. Not that it matters. Its SOCOn title or failure this year anyway.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 09:13 PM
So you won't be disappearing just yet?

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM
So you won't be disappearing just yet?

I dont remember seeing you til a few months ago and I have been on here for 2 years. Where were you.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I dont remember seeing you til a few months ago and I have been on here for 2 years. Where were you.

I have been here MUCH longer than you, Loudmouth. Try 2007. When you were in high school, most likely.

I took a hiatus because this board use to be run by a douche just like you who banned people just for disagreeing with him.

So back to the original question... can you give me a hint as to when you will be disappearing so I can win the pool?

noogamoc
September 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Special teams break downs, Huesman fumbling that resulted in a TD, and our defense unable to make the big stop all contributed greatly to this loss. An unimpressive performance by UTC. Sad to say it but just another case of more of the same.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
So basically you dissapeared for aong time and now you aee attempting to use the same old tired myth thT everyone else tries to use. I will significantly downsize my posting when I no longer care. Such as when Chattanoogas season ends or they are eliminated from playoff contention. Pretty easy concept to understand.

ericsaid
September 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
So basically you dissapeared for aong time and now you aee attempting to use the same old tired myth thT everyone else tries to use. I will significantly downsize my posting when I no longer care. Such as when Chattanoogas season ends or they are eliminated from playoff contention. Pretty easy concept to understand.

Incorrect. The only thing you are showing is how much of a fair weather fan you are. Two more losses and I expect you are gone as 'Nooga will no longer be in contention. People like you are what's wrong with UTC's football program, aside from the city itself.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Myth? What myth?

The myth that you predicted a big win over JSU? You mean THAT myth? I don't think that's a myth.

Maybe we should start a pool on which week the most talented team in the history of the universe will be out of playoff contention this year.

ericsaid
September 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Myth? What myth?

The myth that you predicted a big win over JSU? You mean THAT myth? I don't think that's a myth.

Maybe we should start a pool on which week the most talented team in the history of the universe will be out of playoff contention this year.

Heusman was down on that play and the superior team lost today. That's all that matters. Masey rankings.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Heusman was down on that play and the superior team lost today. That's all that matters. Masey rankings.

You are probably right. I pull for UTC as I do all SoCon teams.

It just isn't possible to both get a UTC win AND feed crow to Chattown. So conflicted!

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Huesman 18-30 181 yards and 2 tds. 21 carries 171 yds 1 td. I dont know how you can continue an equal Qb competition with the way Jacob played tonight. Especially late when the game was on the line. Sure use terrell but Jacob has to be the main guy. Forget what anyone says.

Apphole
September 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Chattown might make an even earlier exit this season...

Thanks for being true to form and making a "Moc"ary of the SoCon.

bobcathpdevil56
September 8th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Does losing a game count as a definitive win in a QB battle?

Smitty
September 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Huesman 18-30 181 yards and 2 tds. 21 carries 171 yds 1 td. I dont know how you can continue an equal Qb competition with the way Jacob played tonight. Especially late when the game was on the line. Sure use terrell but Jacob has to be the main guy. Forget what anyone says.

Plus a fumble for a D touchdown, you may have won the game if it wasn't for that.

CID1990
September 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Does losing a game count as a definitive win in a QB battle?

Well, those were pretty good numbers by Huesman, they beg the question... are there any other tools in the box for UTC? Seems a little one dimensional. ASU is going to have some interesting film on the Mocs. If Huesman is the whole offense then he can be game-planned.

Being a one man offense only works if your name is Armanti.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Plus a fumble for a D touchdown, you may have won the game if it wasn't for that.

He did turn the ball over once and if he starts turning it over on a regular basis than Terrell is going to have to be the guy. The fact that it was returned 75 yards for a score is unfortunate but I wouldnt factor that part of it on the decision of who will play in the future. That happened in the first quarter of his first career start. He did more than enough to atone fkr that mistake. Giving up over 100 yards to 2 different backs was the difference.

Cocky
September 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
38 yard fg for Jacksonville state is good. Chattanooga loses after somehow a 12yard gain on an inside running play.takes only 5 seconds. Thats.why the series is ending.

Losing will make you want to quit playing someone. Maybe you can play Samford or Alabama A&M they got tired too.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Losing will make you want to quit playing someone. Maybe you can play Samford or Alabama A&M they got tired too.

If that was the case Jacksonville State.would have canceled the series a long time ago.

Redbirdz
September 9th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Let's see over the last 5 games, Jacksonville has won 4. Maybe you are out of your league or luck?

CID1990
September 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Let's see over the last 5 games, Jacksonville has won 4. Maybe you are out of your league or luck?

The guy lives in his own reality. In a year or so he will be talking about how UTC dominated the SoCon from 2010 to 2012.

Cocky
September 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
If that was the case Jacksonville State.would have canceled the series a long time ago.

Most of UTC wins were when JSU was DII.
JSU has a desire to be a top level team so you have to be willing to go against anyone (ie Ark and FL this year).

CID1990
September 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
JSU has a desire to be a top level team so you have to be willing to go against anyone (ie Ark and FL this year).

Don't you dare show disrespect for the most talented team in the universe by stating facts.

chattanoogamocs
September 9th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Whenever the JSU/UTC overall record is brought up, JSU fans always like to say that most of UTC's wins were when "JSU was DII"...trying to spin the record because there was some sort of difference in playing level.

Like a politician giving a speech, they are stretching the facts to fit their own version of reality.

The Mocs were 18-5 versus JSU before 1977. Up to that point both teams were consider small division schools (NCAA or NAIA) or both NCAA DII (in the late 30's, JSU and UTC were actually both SIAA schools).

UTC only played JSU 6 times as a DI (while JSU was still DII)...and yes, they were all wins.

So, out of 26 wins UTC has overall versus JSU, only 23% of them came when there was a "divisional disparity".

On an "equal field" UTC holds an 18-11 record over JSU.

JSU has gotten the best of UTC in the last 8 games as a DI...winning 6 of 8. Of course, the majority of those wins came as a gift from the worst coach in UTC history...you're welcome :)

The 3 games with Huesman at the helm have been great, with the 2 games in Jacksonville coming down to the last possession (and the one in Chattanooga being a lopsided Mocs win). I am sorry to see the series come to an end, it has become quite a rivalry.

ASUG8
September 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Did you win this game like you won games last year....I mean, if you ignore the final scores?

Cocky
September 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM
DII DI, we arent the ones running. Running from a lowly OVC school at that.

CID1990
September 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Whenever the JSU/UTC overall record is brought up, JSU fans always like to say that most of UTC's wins were when "JSU was DII"...trying to spin the record because there was some sort of difference in playing level.

Like a politician giving a speech, they are stretching the facts to fit their own version of reality.

The Mocs were 18-5 versus JSU before 1977. Up to that point both teams were consider small division schools (NCAA or NAIA) or both NCAA DII (in the late 30's, JSU and UTC were actually both SIAA schools).

UTC only played JSU 6 times as a DI (while JSU was still DII)...and yes, they were all wins.

So, out of 26 wins UTC has overall versus JSU, only 23% of them came when there was a "divisional disparity".

On an "equal field" UTC holds an 18-11 record over JSU.

JSU has gotten the best of UTC in the last 8 games as a DI...winning 6 of 8. Of course, the majority of those wins came as a gift from the worst coach in UTC history...you're welcome :)

The 3 games with Huesman at the helm have been great, with the 2 games in Jacksonville coming down to the last possession (and the one in Chattanooga being a lopsided Mocs win). I am sorry to see the series come to an end, it has become quite a rivalry.

I love guys that get so bothered that they go do research.

Hey Chattown, while you were cussing over the internetz for your retort, I got laid twice and watched the Redskins whoop N.O.

dgtw
September 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Jax State had seven penalties, at least two of which wiped out big gains on offense and another that gave you a first down instead of a field goal and led to a touchdown. Chatty had zero penalties.

Yeah, the refs really had it in for the Mocs.

dgtw
September 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM

I hate to see it end as well. Someone told me yesterday we are playing Jacksonville next year. Non schollie, won't really help us for an at large but the novlety of the idea (Jacksonville vs. Jacksonville) is cool. I also heard Michigan State cancelled on us.

Any word what other non-conference games we have? I'd love to see Samford or Alabama State on the schedule, but that isn't happening.

Apphole
September 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Hey Chattown, while you were cussing over the internetz for your retort, I got laid twice and watched the Redskins whoop N.O.

That's not Chattown.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Jax State had seven penalties, at least two of which wiped out big gains on offense and another that gave you a first down instead of a field goal and led to a touchdown. Chatty had zero penalties.

Yeah, the refs really had it in for the Mocs.

There is no doubt Jacksonville State did stupid things to shoot themselves in the foot all night. Its an extremely undisciplined team. There were more obvious pass interference and personal fouls that should have been called but the question is still. Did that play take only 5 seconds. Did the clock strike zero and was a second added and a timeout rewarded when the game should have been in overtime.

dgtw
September 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I was sitting at the ten yard line on the end where the play happened. It appeared to me he was tackled with one second left and he got a first down, which stops the clock.

CID1990
September 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM
That's not Chattown.

Dang, you're right!

utcfan
September 9th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Snap, handoff, gain 13 yds, tackle, whistle, signal time out......an awful lot to happen in 5 seconds....but the call was made and UTC shot themselves in foot with a missed short FG, missed XP, and fumble for TD...and UTC moves on....Mocs moving on and will be playing Ausitn Peay, UT-Martin, and Georgia State as FCS opponents (though GSU will be FBS by then) in place of Jax State.

Redbirdz
September 9th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I say GSU and Jax State will move to FBS at the same time. It's just a matter of when. The UTC series seems over. Samford quit playing Jax State too when it kept losing.

utcfan
September 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Good luck in FBS....what conference is actively courting JSU? I have not read anything about JSU and where they might be going....I don't think it is as easy as saying you want to...nt sure D1 looking for many move ups.

ASUMountaineer
September 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
The guy lives in his own reality. In a year or so he will be talking about how UTC dominated the SoCon from 2010 to 2012.

If you count moral victories, they did dominate. xnodx

mamberso
September 10th, 2012, 10:36 AM
There is no doubt Jacksonville State did stupid things to shoot themselves in the foot all night. Its an extremely undisciplined team. There were more obvious pass interference and personal fouls that should have been called but the question is still. Did that play take only 5 seconds. Did the clock strike zero and was a second added and a timeout rewarded when the game should have been in overtime.

Has a Chattanooga loss ever not been the result of poor officiating?

It is a weak excuse. As someone else pointed out, Chattanooga had zero penalties. I repeat, CHATTANOOGA HAD ZERO PENALTIES. Clearly, the officials had it in for the Mocs. They were just waiting for the right opportunity, no? Rashard James went to the ground with 0:02 left. JSU got the timeout called with a second left. JSU's kicker, unlike Chattanooga's kicker, was clutch...end of story. It was a great game. Your QB is going to be very good, especially if he develops a little pocket presence. However, your defense gave up 100+ yards each to JSU's second and third string running backs. If that continues, you will have a long, long season in the SoCon.

P.S.- You center held JSU's DT five yards behind the line of scrimmage on Chattanooga's converted fourth-and-ten play before the game tying touchdown. Chattanooga should have replayed fourth down 4th and 25.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1042987

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=1042987

Let's take a closer look at a few things here. I can't even say there was malicious intent because there were zero penalties against Chattanooga.

1. The first Chattanooga FG attempt and the first Jacksonville State attempt. It looks like Chattanooga may have missed. I think theirs missed as well.

2. We are clearly in at 3:46. Luckily Jacob scored on 4th down and it didn't cost us.

3. The last run. He may have been down with 1, but that's not when the clock stops and that's not went it stopped then either because it expired. The refs were in a hurry as they refused to measure all night as well.

chattanoogamocs
September 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Hey now, no disrespecting your elders...I have been posting on this board longer than you and Chattownmocs combined.

I merely try to disprove bull**** with actual facts...I am not bothered nor did I spend much time researching, it was stuff I already knew (I am an historian for the athletics department, so I have a pretty vast knowledge of all UC/UTC sports) :)

CID1990
September 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hey now, no disrespecting your elders...I have been posting on this board longer than you and Chattownmocs combined.

I merely try to disprove bull**** with actual facts...I am not bothered nor did I spend much time researching, it was stuff I already knew (I am an historian for the athletics department, so I have a pretty vast knowledge of all UC/UTC sports) :)

Yeah you really need to make Chattown change his screen name. People might confuse you with him and totally discount what you post! ;)

dgtw
September 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Let's take a closer look at a few things here. I can't even say there was malicious intent because there were zero penalties against Chattanooga.

1. The first Chattanooga FG attempt and the first Jacksonville State attempt. It looks like Chattanooga may have missed. I think theirs missed as well.

2. We are clearly in at 3:46. Luckily Jacob scored on 4th down and it didn't cost us.

3. The last run. He may have been down with 1, but that's not when the clock stops and that's not went it stopped then either because it expired. The refs were in a hurry as they refused to measure all night as well.

The last run earned a first down, so the clock stops at that point to move the chains. As for the Jax State FG, I saw it live and it looked good to me (happened on the end I was sitting. The refs standing right under the goal probably had a better angle than either of us.

Saint3333
September 10th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I wonder how much the mid-week QB announcement played in this defeat. Had to take time away from prep time for both coaches and players.

Redbirdz
September 10th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Get over it.

mamberso
September 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I wonder how much the mid-week QB announcement played in this defeat. Had to take time away from prep time for both coaches and players.

I don't know that it had any effect. Huseman was easily Chattanooga's best player on offense. He made a couple of mistakes, but really looked good. Ultimately, Chattanooga's special teams and defense cost them this game. Their kicker missed a PAT and a FG. Their defense allowed JSU's second string running back (Troymaine Pope, a freshman) and third string running back (DeMarcus James, a sophomore) to rush for 106 and 120 yards respectively.

GlassOnion
September 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know that it had any effect. Huseman was easily Chattanooga's best player on offense. He made a couple of mistakes, but really looked good. Ultimately, Chattanooga's special teams and defense cost them this game. Their kicker missed a PAT and a FG. Their defense allowed JSU's second string running back (Troymaine Pope, a freshman) and third string running back (DeMarcus James, a sophomore) to rush for 106 and 120 yards respectively.

You must be mistaken. This Moc defense was supposed to be the second coming of Da 85' Bears. Da Bears.

Apphole
September 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
You must be mistaken. This Moc defense was supposed to be the second coming of Da 85' Bears. Da Bears.

Daaaaaaa Bears

CID1990
September 11th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Wofford, GSU and The Citadel are all going to eat Chatty's lunch if they don't figure out how to stop the run.

dgtw
September 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM

No more than Jax State was thrown off by their top running back being suspended last week.