PDA

View Full Version : Rhody-Monmouth-what the?

Brad82
September 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Wow! 41-6?
I predicted a tough game,but never expected this.
Any one go to the game from either side or watch on TV/Computer?
What the heck happened?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'm hoping Monmouth proves to a very solid team.

Southsider
September 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm hoping Monmouth proves to a very solid team.

Well, according to Carney & P4L they are just another "Cupcake" on every opponents schedule.........I, on the other hand, am not surprised by this score.

jmu_duke07
September 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Beating Rhode Island isn't that hard. Nothing to write home about.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Beating Rhode Island isn't that hard. Nothing to write home about.

Maybe so but the 35 point margin of victory is still impressive.

aceinthehole
September 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Also, that's 2 seasons in a row that Monmouth has beaten a CAA team.

2011 - W, 20-9 at Villanova
2012 - W, 41-6 vs. Rhode Island

DSUrocks07
September 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Wasn't Rhody actually winning games when they were supposed to be joining the NEC? Now that they're staying in the CAA they are resuming their post as the conference bottomfeeder (in the eyes of CAA fans)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

NFLCB2
September 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Go hawks! Go!

MUHAWKS
September 9th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Wow! 41-6?
I predicted a tough game,but never expected this.
Any one go to the game from either side or watch on TV/Computer?
What the heck happened?

I was at the game (as I am every MU game).. A few things: #1- As i stated before the season and during the Lehigh game, Monmouth is very good and this could be our year. A couple plays away from beating Lehigh and shutting them out n the 2nd half proved our defense (the supposed question mark) was good. It was our offense that I predicted could only be stopped by us--and against lehigh our QB (1st game back from ACL) was shaky for a while..Anyway, in the URI game everything clicked. We have a 5th yr senior QB who can throw and run very well. We have a HUGE and experienced O-Line, about 4 RB's who can play, 2 of them studs, 2 really good TE's and an All American type WR in Sterling to go along with 3 other guys that can play... Our defense brought back everyone sans 2 guys and has some new contributors...Bottom line is we are very good and will get better each week. However, URI is not even close to average. Unless MU ends up being a legit top 15-20 team (which would require us winning every game including beating Albany, Cornell and Duquesne without question) than URI really is down..I dont get it.. They "looked" good..I mean had athletes and size and just looked like they should be ok but MU totally and I mean totally shut them down and on O we could have scored 60. I will also add that URI quit as soon as we made it 31-3 to open the 2nd half.. I hope URI competes a bit in the CAA as that only bodes well for MU, but I dont think so. Make no mistake about it, MU is good. We are good. perhaps very good..But URI sucks...Last thing...anyone ever have any dealing with URI fans? When we played them in 2007 their fans were awful. The way they talked, combatting opposing team cheering, weird and confrontational. Same thing at our place. I was told in that anooying chowder accent that Iw as being too agressive with how I cheer and to go sit with the MU fans (I stand in top row on left side at every game and have for years-- and rarely have issues with other teams fans-- I mean we get it going for sure- but 99% of time the ther teams fans know its all in fun--- Not URI-- guys confronting me and really testing my will not to knock them out which I easily could have, but I am 35 years old and not looking to go to jail over some Liberal Chowder head getting upset b/c I cheer and yell..Just a bunch of pricks and I am glad we demoralized their pathetic team and program.