PDA

View Full Version : Tribe Media Guide is out.

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 07:09 AM
Missing from the roster is LB Ryan Nickell, who apparently is forgoing his fifth year to pursue his career as a pilot. 28 freshmen on the roster.

http://tribeathletics.com/story.php/4722/

tribe ol
July 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM
What is the story with Joe Marianacci?

MR. CHICKEN
July 21st, 2006, 02:55 PM
Missing from the roster is LB Ryan Nickell, who apparently is forgoing his fifth year to pursue his career as a pilot. 28 freshmen on the roster.

http://tribeathletics.com/story.php/4722/

TRIBAL MEMBER....28 FROSH?.........SEE YA IN 2010....xlolx...AWK!

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 03:41 PM
What is the story with Joe Marianacci?

Joe transferred to Wilkes College in PA. With D.J. McAuley's progress...RJ Archer moving over from QB...and Cameron Dohse and Marshall Dill coming in, he was likely to remain a 2nd line receiver. He was a good receiver who could make some plays. I'm sure he'll be a star at Wilkes.

tribe ol
July 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Is that the same place Drew Letcavage went?

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 04:07 PM

xlolx Hopefully we'll be able to hold our own until then. We are pretty young.:nod:

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
Is that the same place Drew Letcavage went?

I'm not sure, but if he did, they got two pretty good players.

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 04:19 PM
I was surprised to see that Jake Phillips is now carrying 225 lbs. I'd heard he was an intense trainer, but I didn't think he'd get that big.

tribe ol
July 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Let's hope he can still move! (he'll probably need his mobility)

JMU Duke Dog
July 21st, 2006, 07:38 PM

My younger brother is W&M class of 2010! :eek:

I think W&M will be better in 2006 than people are expecting. :twocents:

GannonFan
July 21st, 2006, 09:08 PM
It's all about the line play at W&M - that's where they ran into trouble last year. They didn't block very well on offense and let too much pressure get in on the QB and their defensive line was a sieve against good running teams. They're fine elsewhere but success this year is almost solely on their lines. IMO, I think their offensive line will do just fine but I'm not sold on the same progress defensively.

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2006, 11:03 PM
It's all about the line play at W&M - that's where they ran into trouble last year. They didn't block very well on offense and let too much pressure get in on the QB and their defensive line was a sieve against good running teams. They're fine elsewhere but success this year is almost solely on their lines. IMO, I think their offensive line will do just fine but I'm not sold on the same progress defensively.

Agreed, with the exception of safety, which is also a question mark. The d-line showed some promise in the Spring, but that was at least in part due to the linebacker play, and a dose of 3-4. I'm for playing 5 LBs if we have to. Rutter is being looked to as the run stopper in his switch to ILB from OLB, and Travis McLaurin and Chris Ndubueze both made their reputations as run stoppers, so there's hope they take pressure off the DL.

My favorite Rutter picture.