PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a list of victories over FBS teams?

URMite
September 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
It would be great to see the FCS/FBS record, and list of wins and near misses (<10 pts).

Or I could just get off my butt and do it myself. xlolx

bonarae
September 5th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Here they are:

Overall FCS-FBS record - 4-27 (not counting the postponed game of Oregon State-Nicholls State)

4 wins thus far:
Youngstown State over Pitt (31-17)
UTM over Memphis (20-17)
Eastern Washington over Idaho (20-3)
McNeese over Middle Tennessee State (27-21)

Near-misses:
Wagner at Florida Atlantic (7-3)
W&M at Maryland (7-6)
UNI at Wisconsin (26-21)
Liberty at Wake Forest (20-17)
Indiana State at Indiana (24-17)

terrierbob
September 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Here they are:

Overall FCS-FBS record - 4-27 (not counting the postponed game of Oregon State-Nicholls State)

4 wins thus far:
Youngstown State over Pitt (31-17)
UTM over Memphis (20-17)
Eastern Washington over Idaho (20-3)
McNeese over Middle Tennessee State (27-21)

Near-misses:
Wagner at Florida Atlantic (7-3)
W&M at Maryland (7-6)
UNI at Wisconsin (26-21)
Liberty at Wake Forest (20-17)
Indiana State at Indiana (24-17)

I hope we have a decent game against S Carolina, but, 1), They're a much better team than they were in 2008 and 2006, and 2) We won't be a surprise. We came within a touchdown and less than ten yards in '06:

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Cory Boyd tied a school-record three rushing touchdowns, but South Carolina's offensive struggles continued as the Gamecocks barely escaped with a 27-20 win over Division I-AA Wofford on Saturday night.

All Boyd's scores came in the first half when the Gamecocks led 24-10 and looked like they were finally playing the kind of ball coach Steve Spurrier wanted. Along with Boyd's production, star receiver Sidney Rice had 110 yards receiving in the half and new quarterback Syvelle Newton looked in control in his first start under center since 2004. Newton replaced the suspended Blake Mitchell in the starting lineup.

But Wofford clamped down in the second half and turned the Gamecocks' lackadaisical play against them. Justin Franklin's fourth-quarter interception led to Nick Robinson's 28-yard field goal that cut things to 27-13. Then the Terriers rushed punter Ryan Succop, forcing to throw the ball away to avoid a safety.

It took one play to stun everyone left at Williams-Brice Stadium as Josh Collier's 25-yard TD pass to Andy Strickland drew the Terriers to 27-20 with 4:43 left".

It ended 27-20. Spurrier said something like "I wish my players played like Wofford did". We were pretty close in '08, too. I hope it's a good game.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Check back next week.

bonarae
September 6th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Check back next week.

Okay, then. Hopefully the record should be improved over last year's.