PDA

View Full Version : Quick SoCon Preview

erkU
July 19th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Short but decent. GSU at 4??? Guess a lot of people will be stunned then.

http://southernpigskin.com/page.cfm?story=11182&cat=exclusives

OL FU
July 19th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Short but decent. GSU at 4??? Guess a lot of people will be stunned then.

http://southernpigskin.com/page.cfm?story=11182&cat=exclusives

Especially if you finish that high in the standings:smiley_wi

I don't see the Citadel as better than Wofford and Chattannoga is as always the great unknown. There schedule works against them so I am not sure I see them higher than Wofford either.

catamount man
July 19th, 2006, 04:36 PM
GSU-WCU in Cullowhee will be a good one that will settle the 3rd/4th place. Too bad I'm in a freaking wedding that day!!! ARGH!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
July 19th, 2006, 05:18 PM
GSU-WCU in Cullowhee will be a good one that will settle the 3rd/4th place. Too bad I'm in a freaking wedding that day!!! ARGH!!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

That' s OK because before that there is 9/23 to settle last years score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

seantaylor
July 19th, 2006, 06:25 PM
This guy is smoking crack

elonphan
July 19th, 2006, 08:00 PM
A couple guys he listed for Elon will not even be first team let alone get consideration for all conference.

catamount man
July 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
That' s OK because before that there is 9/23 to settle last years score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

I can't wait! A lot of upstate SC Catamount fans are looking forward to this, well, all WCU fans are. We're in the preliminary stages of planning a big tailgate over in the visitors area for this game. A catamount buddy of mine who lives in Greer plans on hosting the bash. Come by and introduce yourself...but no smack talk!:smiley_wi :thumbsup: HA!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

smallcollegefbfan
July 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Especially if you finish that high in the standings:smiley_wi

I don't see the Citadel as better than Wofford and Chattannoga is as always the great unknown. There schedule works against them so I am not sure I see them higher than Wofford either.

I think 3-5 is a crapshoot. You could put WCU 3rd or put GSU 3rd. UTC is a team who looks like a real sleeper. When you have a new coach, new offense, and you did lose a top player I think you have a lot of uncertainty. I could see GSU finish in the top 10 this year or go 5-6 and finish unranked. Let's face it, everyone is a homer to their team. I am sure many ASU fans think they will plow people because they have 6 All-Americans but I doubt that happens. WCU has some really good transfers that make 3rd possible. UTC is a team who played well at times last year but must get better play from Miller if they want to contend at all.

The only thing that seems to be for sure is Elon finishing last and with a new coach you don't really know for sure on that. I believe Elon is going to get better over the next few years.

July 19th, 2006, 11:15 PM
"...the 1-AA Southern Conference." :(

smallcollegefbfan
July 20th, 2006, 03:30 AM
"...the 1-AA Southern Conference." :(

Yeah what did the site owner mean by that? Did they mean that the SoCon is I-AA or what? I noticed that they have said that about the SoCon in a few other articles too.

OL FU
July 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
I can't wait! A lot of upstate SC Catamount fans are looking forward to this, well, all WCU fans are. We're in the preliminary stages of planning a big tailgate over in the visitors area for this game. A catamount buddy of mine who lives in Greer plans on hosting the bash. Come by and introduce yourself...but no smack talk!:smiley_wi :thumbsup: HA!!!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Will make every effort to stop by

catamount man
July 20th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Will make every effort to stop by

I'll have a beer waiting for you! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!