PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Play In SDSU History!!!

BigGoosie13
September 4th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Finally some video of Zach Zenner's 99-yard TD against Kansas....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYsnxoCvdc

BisonBacker
September 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Very Impressive speed.

AmsterBison
September 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Holy cow, Zenner has some wheels. Nice blocking by the OL too.

HailSzczur
September 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Talk about textbook blocking from the OL. RB was damn fast, but seeing the replay view from behind I give most of that credit to the line.

Jacked_Rabbit
September 4th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Great play! Like Szczur said, texbook blocking - I think TE Seth Daughters' (#86) crashing down on their DE was the most impressive. It's too bad these type of blocks never make the Sportscenter Top 10. It is always about the run, pass or catch... Oh well, I'm over it. Back to work.

MplsBison
September 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Great play! Like Szczur said, texbook blocking - I think TE Seth Daughters' (#86) crashing down on their DE was the most impressive. It's too bad these type of blocks never make the Sportscenter Top 10. It is always about the run, pass or catch... Oh well, I'm over it. Back to work.

HMMMMM.....boy this play looks familiar.

Oh that's right, it's the power play that's been a staple (if not 'the' play) of NDSU's rushing attack since the mid 2000's. xwhistlex

Cleets
September 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
That's BCS speed right there...

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Oh that's right, it's the power play that's been a staple (if not 'the' play) of NDSU's rushing attack since the mid 2000's. xwhistlex

Go away Troll. Just go the **** away.

Damn nice run SDSU! Sorry some dumbass "Bison" fan has to bring us into every post that talks about the Dakota school!

Twentysix
September 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Finally some video of Zach Zenner's 99-yard TD against Kansas....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYsnxoCvdc

Awesome play.

I bet the KU faithful's jaws dropped when that happened. Especially since it was 0-0.

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
xlolx at the last ditch dive effort by 24. Zenner looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

MplsBison
September 5th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Give me a thousand like Zenner.

From the upper midwest. Pre-med.

Looks like he runs just fine. So much for the "they'll have to recruit down south to get the speed they'll need to win in DI" bulls____. You can take that and shove it right up there.

AppStsGr8
September 6th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Great O-line work! It doesn't hurt that Zenner's so fast either. That's one for the video board decades from now ...

caribbeanhen
September 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
nice, no way that's a white boy right?

moosbah
September 6th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Fantastic work by the O line. They should mention the all by name at the end of a play like that.

AmsterBison
September 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Only bad thing about the play is that it reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kH_9HzFJA

MplsBison
September 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
nice, no way that's a white boy right?

Well I wasn't going to make it a "blacks are faster than whites and that's why you have to recruit the south, because that's where the fast blacks live" thing.

But yeah, he's about as white as you get.

bojeta
September 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM

It's also a play we ran regularly in high school back in the `70's. I think they ran it slightly better than we did though xsmiley_wix

MplsBison
September 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM
It's also a play we ran regularly in high school back in the `70's. I think they ran it slightly better than we did though xsmiley_wix

Yeah but SDSU more or less copied NDSU's offensive and defensive playbooks. They started running the same offense as NDSU and the same defense as NDSU not too long after Bohl took over. Not that matters, but that was my point.

Jacked_Rabbit
September 6th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah but SDSU more or less copied NDSU's offensive and defensive playbooks. They started running the same offense as NDSU and the same defense as NDSU not too long after Bohl took over. Not that matters, but that was my point.

haha You are crazy, man. I like you, but you're crazy...

clenz
September 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Nice speed, but he only had to make one person miss and then everyone else had to make up a 10-15 yard difference on him.

Very nice play though.

MplsBison
September 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM
haha You are crazy, man. I like you, but you're crazy...

Stig will full admit it. Ask him.

He implemented the 4-3 tampa 2 on D and the power running game pro-set on O to copy the success NDSU was having with them.

TheBisonator
September 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Only bad thing about the play is that it reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kH_9HzFJA

The Vikings had a REALLY ****ty field back then. What did they paint the yard lines with, cocaine???