LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary

HOLY CROSS - Bye

The Patriot League is 3-2 Year-to-Date vs. OOC:

vs. CAA 0-1
vs. D-2 1-0
vs. NEC 1-1
vs. PFL 1-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Fordham* 0-0, 1-0
Georgetown 0-0, 1-0
Lehigh 0-0, 1-0
Colgate 0-0, 0-1
Holy Cross 0-0, 0-1
Bucknell 0-0, 0-0
Lafayette 0-0, 0-0

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

crusader11
September 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
4-1 after the first week. The Cross let me down in a big way...although UNH was clearly the better team and wins even if HC plays a perfect game.

LEHIGH @ Central Connecticut State - Another yawner. If last week is any indication though, I suspect Lehigh will win by 4-10 points.
Wagner @ GEORGETOWN - Why not? Wagner nearly squeaked one out over FAU, and I am not buying into Georgetown just yet.
COLGATE @ South Dakota - Colgate lost their best defensive player for the past few years in Nate Eachus (figure that one out if you can), and methinks they're in for a tough year.
BUCKNELL @ Marist - Please win this game, Bucknell.
FORDHAM @ Villanova - Cats by a few scores. Still can't get over the fact that Fordham opened up with Lock Haven. Seriously?
LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary - I would be shocked if Lafayette reaches double digits.

Could be a tough week for the Patriot League.

carney2
September 3rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
LEHIGH @ Central Connecticut State - The ChickenSquawks almost choked on the first cupcake. If they gag on the second all bets are off and juggernaut may become juggerNOT.

Wagner @ GEORGETOWN - Giving the nod to the home team, but not with conviction. Another guy not sold on the Hoyas.

COLGATE @ South Dakota - A mismatch.

BUCKNELL @ Marist - If the Buffaloes can't win this one,...[/I]

FORDHAM @ Villanova - Not a great 'nova team, but the Rams are in over their heads.

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary - Mary gets a lot of playing time after William puts the game away. No surprise if the Tribe pitches a shutout.

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
4-1 last week, I'll let you guess which was the one...

Lehigh at Central Connecticut State Lehigh Surprising struggles for the Hawks in Week 1 and now some injury concerns to boot. CCSU isn't supposed to be that great, but road games usually present some kind of challenge. I'll take Lehigh to keep it going, but as a picker, I'd like to see a better performance. As a Colgate fan? The jury's still out there....

Wagner at Georgetown Georgetown The Seahawks nearly pulled off a big win for their program down in Florida last week. Are those Owls better than Georgetown? Probably, though will that be enough? I think the Hoyas keep the good times rolling, and keep pushing the League to a better record against our NEC brethren

Colgate at South Dakota Colgate I really don't know what to think about this game, mostly owing to the fact that I know so little about the Coyotes. They aren't expected to be very good in the Valley, but then gave Montana a game in Missoula (Of course, the jury's still out on the Griz after their offseason, so there's that). I'll predict that the offense stays more in sync, special teams aren't a total disaster, and the long trip doesn't weaken the team too much heading out to Vermillion

Bucknell at Marist Bucknell The ever unpredictable Bison-Red Foxes grudge match. Bucknell heads up to lovely Poughkeepsie, a place where they lost the only meeting of 7 between the two schools. Marist has been able to keep games close in recent seasons, though while I am not a true believer in the Susan resurgence (emergence?) in Lewisburg, I see little reason to have Bucknell lose this one

Fordham at Villanova Villanova Villanova is not the team that won the title back in 2009. Fordham is not the team that won 1 game last year. After that there are still plenty of questions. Nova losing to Temple and the Rams beating up Lock Haven tells me nothing I didn't already know (which is neatly encapsulated in the first two sentences. I'll take the CAA team at home here

Lafayette at William & Mary William & Mary Kudos to Lafayette for scheduling this game (I know Colgate would love the matchup). And kudos for maybe catching the Tribe in a disappointed state after their close loss to Maryland. That all being said, W&M is probably the better team overall, and has a game under their belt. CAA pick again

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
I usually save this for later in the week, but nothing really to ponder this week:

Lehigh 28, CCSU 20
Georgetown 24, Wagner 17
South Dakota 37, Colgate 28... Coyotes scored on Montana, Colgate surely does not have their defense
Bucknell 33, Marist 17... your weekly MYSTERY game... what does BU really have?
Villanova 28, Fordham 21 ... this game will be much closer than everyone thinks
W&M 38, Lafayette 14... exhibition game for WM

Season: 5-0

Fordham
September 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Lehigh
Georgetown
SD
Bucknell
Fordham
W&M

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2012, 08:48 PM
On second thought, looking at that Montana game, they really lit up South Dakota... 91 plays, 315 yards rushing on 64 attempts... TOP 35 minutes. Maybe it's because South Dakota is that anemic, or Montana is that good, but this sounds like a Biddle type of game...

ColgateTD
September 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the second thought Pard4; hope you're right, but doubt it after last week's disaster.

Engineers
G-town
S. Dakota - (at least Nate Eachus is still on the K.C. Chiefs roster)
Bucknell
'Nova
Bill & Mary

RichH2
September 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
LU ugly over CCSU
GU over Wagner homer vote
SD over Gate he who scores last wins no evident D
Nova over Rams close
W&M over Pards mismatch

Southsider
September 4th, 2012, 06:28 AM
LEHIGH @ Central Connecticut State - The ChickenSquawks almost choked on the first cupcake. If they gag on the second all bets are off and juggernaut may become juggerNOT.

Wagner @ GEORGETOWN - Giving the nod to the home team, but not with conviction. Another guy not sold on the Hoyas.

COLGATE @ South Dakota - A mismatch.

BUCKNELL @ Marist - If the Buffaloes can't win this one,...[/I]

FORDHAM @ Villanova - Not a great 'nova team, but the Rams are in over their heads.

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary - Mary gets a lot of playing time after William puts the game away. No surprise if the Tribe pitches a shutout.

LU may be a tad overated, but MU clearly no cupcake......they would take the Pussies to the woodshed!

jimbo65
September 4th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Not a good week for the PL. this is what I think will happen, not what i want to happen.

Lehigh big over CCSU

Wagner over GTown by only a few.

So Dak. ovver Colgate by 2-3 tds

Bucknell over Marist

Nova over Rams in a close one, 7-10 points

W&M over LaFayette comfortably

van
September 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Lehigh - better be convincing
Hoyas - home cooking should be the difference
Gate - Coyotes were lucky to be in the Montana game, was not that close
Buffs - surely they can handle Marist
Nova - but would not be shocked if Rams win this one
Bill and Mary - 1st game for pards = rough start

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I see a lot of "Surely they can handle Marist!" posted about Bucknell. Marist ain't going to be a cupcake game, friends. They made Bryant look like a high school team last weekend.

http://www.necfrontrow.com/ondemand.php?sport=FB&producedby%2Cschool=BRY&type=&keywords%2Ctitle_keyword=

Go...gate
September 4th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Lehigh 30, Central Connecticut 10

Wagner 22, Georgetown 20

South Dakota 42, Colgate 21

Bucknell 24, Marist 13

Villanova 27, Fordham 14

W&M 28, Lafayette 10

PAllen
September 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Tough week for the PL

LEHIGH @ Central Connecticut State
Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
COLGATE @ South Dakota
BUCKNELL @ Marist
FORDHAM @ Villanova

and HC gets a breather to get their act together

DFW HOYA
September 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
The Hoyas beat Wagner 24-10 on the road last year despite 5 turnovers, and get them at home this time. If you're basing the Seahawks' new found respectability on a really bad FAU team, caveat emptor.

Marco
September 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM

Wagner 20, Georgetown 10

South Dakota 30, Colgate 10
Bucknell 30, Marist 10
Villanova 30, Fordham 10
W&M 30, Lafayette 10

crusader11
September 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM

Wagner 20, Georgetown 10

South Dakota 30, Colgate 10
Bucknell 30, Marist 10
Villanova 30, Fordham 10
W&M 30, Lafayette 10

The crazy thing is, I could see the scores to all of these games similar to your "30-10" theme.

carney2
September 4th, 2012, 02:05 PM
LU may be a tad overated, but MU clearly no cupcake......they would take the Pussies to the woodshed!

Monmouth is a cupcake.
CCSU is a cupcake.
Princeton is a cupcake.
Columbia is a cupcake.
And on it goes.

When/if the Squawks decide to upgrade from D-3 let us know.

lehighfball
September 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
4 PL wins this week - Lehigh, Georgetown, Bucknell and Fordham.

van
September 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Monmouth is a cupcake.
CCSU is a cupcake.
Princeton is a cupcake.
Columbia is a cupcake.
And on it goes.

Lafayette is also a cupcake, can D-3 be far away for them too?

Southsider
September 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Monmouth is a cupcake.
CCSU is a cupcake.
Princeton is a cupcake.
Columbia is a cupcake.
And on it goes.

Well, I happen to like cupcakes.......especially the Blackbottom/Cheesecake kind.....xsmileyclapx

CFBfan
September 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM

well played!

carney2
September 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM

Yes and no. This will be the last year of administration mandated presentation in a girlie cupcake wrapper. AND I'm guessing that the cupcake will be less digestible in November than in September. Is that a 148 prediction? Take it as you will.

Engineer86
September 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Monmouth is a cupcake.
CCSU is a cupcake.
Princeton is a cupcake.
Columbia is a cupcake.
And on it goes.

You did not finish.

Lafayette is a cupcake.xnodx

RichH2
September 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Gee, I takr a break to actually take part in my life and y'all start swapping cupcake recipes.. Let us all hope that all of us share in some OOC cupcakes. PL is a year away , maybe 2, from making serious noise nationally. We are building and with some astute recruiting this.year and next, our only cupcakes will be OOC.

RichH2
September 4th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Gee, I takr a break to actually take part in my life and y'all start swapping cupcake recipes.. Let us all hope that all of us share in some OOC cupcakes. PL is a year away , maybe 2, from making serious noise nationally. We are building and with some astute recruiting this.year and next, our only cupcakes will be OOC.

ngineer
September 4th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I see that Lehigh will be without Haggins and Ruley from injuries last week, though Ruley is listed at No. 2 at center. Vinny Pellegrini starting at center--nice to see Vinny get his shot after a much missed time due to injuries over the years. Hope he can do the job.

With expectation of Kurfis returning, and Vuono back along with Moore, I think Lehigh will handle CCSU convincingly, 38-16.
Wagner showed it can play. Not sold on Georgetown, yet. A solid win by the Hoyas and I'll believe they'll be the closest challenger to Lehigh. Hoyas, 28-27.
Colgate gets jet lag. South Dakota, 33-24.
Bucknell looking foxy, 21-17.
Fordham gets wake up call, Villanova no Lock Haven. Both coming off of blowouts with something to prove. Villanova, 28-17.
Laughyette's season goes south early, 38-17.

Tribal
September 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Lafayette's HC has a nephew at W&M. I hear tell that young nephew of his has been stealing secrets from the reservation. Not cool!

It's no secret that the Pards prefer to chuck the ball. Thankfully--for me anyway--the back seven of W&M's defense is the best I've seen since the mid-90s. Weather shouldn't be a factor so both teams will have an opportunity to sling it. Had someone asked me last week, I would have assumed W&M had a much bigger O/D line but that's not the case. It will be a fun game so do your best to make it to Williamsburg. Our gameday experience is appropriate for children and there's a lot to do in the 'burg so try to make a long weekend out of it. Bring your blades.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I see a lot of "Surely they can handle Marist!" posted about Bucknell. Marist ain't going to be a cupcake game, friends. They made Bryant look like a high school team last weekend.

http://www.necfrontrow.com/ondemand.php?sport=FB&producedby%2Cschool=BRY&type=&keywords%2Ctitle_keyword=

That's why Bucknell-Marist is our weekly 'mystery game.' Who knows what will happen?

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM

I agree that Lehigh will... their Graduation Success Rate keeps on dropping, so naturally, success will follow.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Lafayette's HC has a nephew at W&M. I hear tell that young nephew of his has been stealing secrets from the reservation. Not cool!

It's no secret that the Pards prefer to chuck the ball. Thankfully--for me anyway--the back seven of W&M's defense is the best I've seen since the mid-90s. Weather shouldn't be a factor so both teams will have an opportunity to sling it. Had someone asked me last week, I would have assumed W&M had a much bigger O/D line but that's not the case. It will be a fun game so do your best to make it to Williamsburg. Our gameday experience is appropriate for children and there's a lot to do in the 'burg so try to make a long weekend out of it. Bring your blades.

Big deal... you could telegraph the entire W&M playbook and we still have to stop you. Odds are we won't.

I can give you Lafayette's playbook:

1) Run up the middle
2) run up the middle
3) pass to the flat or over the middle/sideline slant/quick out
4) punt

Goaline:
1) run up the middle
2) run up the middle
3) pass to the flat
4) punt

Once in awhile we will try a fly pattern on first down, also option pass to the left. Bootleg pattern. Pass to the flat where the TE tries to set a pick.

That's pretty much our playbook. If your coaches watch any Lafayette video, it will be painfully obvious. I don't know why I watch the games.

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Not a good week for the PL. this is what I think will happen, not what i want to happen.

Lehigh big over CCSU

Wagner over GTown by only a few.

So Dak. ovver Colgate by 2-3 tds

Bucknell over Marist

Nova over Rams in a close one, 7-10 points

W&M over LaFayette comfortably

Agreed. I'll take Wagner in the road upset.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
P4L, did you and Bogie go "Rock-Paper-Scissors" as to who was going to be the lead Hawk baiter this year, and you lost?

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 12:08 PM
P4L, did you and Bogie go "Rock-Paper-Scissors" as to who was going to be the lead Hawk baiter this year, and you lost?

No, I call it like I see it.

Your ranking is too high. You have too many question marks.
Your academic success rate is not Patriot League worthy, meaning you recruit players that do not belong at the school.
The name on the front of the jersey means more than what you see on the field.

carney2
September 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM

I'm feeling like Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials. "Me, me, I'm a ChickenSquawk hater/baiter too."

Southsider
September 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
No, I call it like I see it.

Your ranking is too high. You have too many question marks.
Your academic success rate is not Patriot League worthy, meaning you recruit players that do not belong at the school.
The name on the front of the jersey means more than what you see on the field.

So then P4L, if you had your way LU would be in the CAA?

RichH2
September 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
P4L Same tired diatribe time after time. Attacking us is ,of course a time honored tradition, which I respect, and you surely have a point . We will just sit back and watch Pards morph themselves into a Swarthmore clone and slide into gender neutral oblivion. Perhaps F&M or Gettsburg can replace us as your rivalry gamxbawlingxe.e

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Bucknell 27 Marist 24 - This is a toss-up imo. I'll take the Bison even though Marist put forth a great performance last week against Bryant

Georgetown 27 Wagner 17 - The Hoya's were impressive in their opener. I think they carry that momentum into this week.

South Dakota 38 Colgate 30 - I just can't see Colgate making enough stops win this one. Should be a fun watch though.

Villanova 31 Frodham 27 - This will me a major step up in competition for the Rams. They'll be in it to win against a very young Wildcats team but fall just short.

William & Mary 31 Lafayette 17 - I think the 'Pards will show well.

Lehigh 34 CCSU 14 - Lehigh needs to come out and make a statement for 60 minutes. The OL looks to be in decent shape this week so the offense should be more balanced.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
You know another real mystery game, at least to me? Fordham/Villanova. Is Fordham that good? Is Villanova that bad?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Checked out the CCSU 2-deep. They are much younger than the Monmouth squad Lehigh faced last week. They are also smaller at almost every position.

van
September 5th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Wonder when CCSU will get around to posting game notes? Saturday morning?

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
P4L Same tired diatribe time after time. Attacking us is ,of course a time honored tradition, which I respect, and you surely have a point . We will just sit back and watch Pards morph themselves into a Swarthmore clone and slide into gender neutral oblivion. Perhaps F&M or Gettsburg can replace us as your rivalry gamxbawlingxe.e

We are not going anywhere. In fact, we are getting stronger and will return to our perch of the last decade. While the financial crisis sucked out our football aid, Lehigh took the low route by admitting less academically qualified kids (to expand access to the aid pool) so they could continue providing competitive financial aid and a strong football team.... at least that's my theory.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
So then P4L, if you had your way LU would be in the CAA?

If I had it my way, Lehigh would be on double secret probation, and have all members with a sub-3.0 GPA kicked off the team. That essentially guts the roster of everyone except maybe the kicker, some OLs, and non-physical education/communications majors, so you would have to recruit women (because you can't have sissy engineer majors play football)... and at that point, I'd send them to the LFL, the Lingerie Football League. But, since Lehigh chicks are fat and ugly, they would not qualify for league play. Therefore, I'd just enter the entire Lehigh football team on the next edition of 'the Biggest Loser,' or send them to North Korea to compete as weightlifters... they would fit in well there.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2012, 08:02 PM
You know another real mystery game, at least to me? Fordham/Villanova. Is Fordham that good? Is Villanova that bad?

Good call... another big mystery game. If they are even athletically on the field, you know scholarships are making their impact.

RichH2
September 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
P4L You have a rich fantasy life understandable given the reality of Lafayette today debased by Rothkopf and Weiss. Your saving grace is that your posts tho a tad demented are funny, at least to Lehigh fans.
On a serious note, hope that Weiss is unsuccessful with his latest bull.

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
P4L You have a rich fantasy life understandable given the reality of Lafayette today debased by Rothkopf and Weiss. Your saving grace is that your posts tho a tad demented are funny, at least to Lehigh fans.
On a serious note, hope that Weiss is unsuccessful with his latest bull.

I am so grounded in reality that I've sunk to the bottom.

When you look at Weiss' athletic record, it is actually quite commendable despite the common perception. Think about it:

1) Instituted basketball/soccer/field hockey athletic scholarships
2) actually shows up on the sidelines at football games
3) finally committed us to D-I... Rothkopf always left the door open
4) instituted football athletic scholarships
5) expanded the Patriot League
6) made athletics oversight report to Development instead of Dean of Students
7) gave athletic fundraising its own arm
8) presided over stadium expansion/renovation (though really formalized under Rothkopf)

The only true negative aspect was his unilateral cut to football financial aid. It's not even clear that he was aware about it or directed it, but the evidence and common sense may say otherwise. Furthermore, it was done in a clandestine fashion that enraged everyone, especially given our recent success and paranoia from the Rothkopf years. Every endowment took a major hit in 2008, plus other colleges were increasing their financial aid to middle-income students (Ivy League). We had to do so in order to remain competitive for students. We went from 58 equivalencies down to 42... a loss of $800,000. Over 100 families, that is $8,000. Lafayette is heavily reliant upon endowment funds to assist with financial aid. And once you had less resources, football was ripe for a cut.

If Weiss announced to the donors that this was going to happen, there could have been some efforts for donors to step in fund football aid. I'm sure some would have stepped up. But if not, he simply could have said that times were tough, we need to do this, I don't like it, it's only temporary etc. He could have shown to be a communicative leader to the community, which he didn't. He is very capable managerially and strategically, but he is not your on-the-stump variety.

I actually think, athletically, we are in a strong position moving forward. The 2008 crash and our abysmal football record has delayed and masked that fact, plus Weiss' reputation on Greek Life.

As for Lehigh, I have no idea what they did during that period, but I don't consider my conspiracy theory that far outside the realm of possibility. I heard some possible schennanigans going on at Holy Cross during the period i.e. financial aid based upon undocumented income. When you want to win, you will find away. It's clear, and we all know, that Lafayette is not win at all costs, at least since the 1920s.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Are there any lines for these games?

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM
P4L check Bassetts. Cross board guy usually posts them. Busy now but I'll try to find for you.

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Couldn't find bookie line but here is Bassetts
GU WAGNER 28 10
Nova FU 35 14
W&M LC 21 18
Gate SDak 31 28
BU Marist 17 17

He also gives percentages for liklihood of the score.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM

W&M LC 21 18

If that's the final score of the William & Mary game I will have to revise everything I ever thought about the 2012 Leopards.

(Well, not everything.) :)

DFW HOYA
September 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM
We went from 58 equivalencies down to 42... a loss of $800,000.

With 58 equivalencies, LC was a bowl eligible opponent.

Taking the 2010 EADA data and backing in the numbers which you suggest Lafayette had 58 equivalencies at the time, the PL numbers would have approximated this. Do these look right?

Fordham: 63
Colgate: 60
Lafayette: 58
Holy Cross: 52
Lehigh: 48
Bucknell: 39
Georgetown: 10

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM

Taking the 2010 EADA data and backing in the numbers which you suggest Lafayette had 58 equivalencies at the time, the PL numbers would have approximated this. Do these look right?

I would have put Lehigh in the high 50s... to be honest, I think Lafayette is either 57 or 58... you know how it is... always off by one.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
If that's the final score of the William & Mary game I will have to revise everything I ever thought about the 2012 Leopards.

(Well, not everything.) :)

Can I actually bet on that score? And if I do, will I be banned from Fisher Field for betting against the Leopards?

If we somehow win, like Gary Johnson winning the presidency, I'll just write it off as W&M overlooking us after an emotional let down and us getting the jump on their strategy planning.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
GU WAGNER 28 10
Nova FU 35 14
W&M LC 21 18
Gate SDak 31 28
BU Marist 17 17

All of them "look" right except the bolded... Fordham will be much closer and Lafayette will get crushed.

carney2
September 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM

I have no information, and P4L says that you are in the ballpark for Lafayette. Still, I find 58 something of a surprise, as the program is coming off that administration dictated reduction to something around 40. Initially, the moves back to competitive were described as being in the onesy-twosy mode. It is a pleasant surprise to see that, perhaps, the Pards have come all the way back.

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
LU was at 54 to 56. Some variation with kids transferring, so not exact. Also a number sat out for varipus reasons. 2 rejoined team this yr so number may be highet.

Fordhamanhattan
September 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
The erstwhile Engineers in blowout
Georgetown slips by
South Dakota
Bucknell
Rams post first victory over the Main Liners since 1927 in a series that began 1897
William & Mary in a dance

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I think also Rams may surprise. Nova not that good. At least I expect a much closer game.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I have no information, and P4L says that you are in the ballpark for Lafayette. Still, I find 58 something of a surprise, as the program is coming off that administration dictated reduction to something around 40. Initially, the moves back to competitive were described as being in the onesy-twosy mode. It is a pleasant surprise to see that, perhaps, the Pards have come all the way back.

So has our endowment.

Sader87
September 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
With the "bye week" almost forgot....4-1 last week.

GTown 24 Wagner 20 Should be a good tilt, edge to the home-squad.

Nova 34 Fordham 17 Fordham's improved but they run into an angry Cat squad.

W&M 33 Lafayette 10 Congrats to the Pards in scheduling this one...but too much Tribe.

South Dakota 28 Colgate 24 Long stagecoach ride hurts the Red Raiders.

Bucknell 17 @Marist 13 In all honesty, I couldn't care less.

Lehigh 20 @C. Conn 17 Engineers sneak out another over a NEC squad.

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 01:27 PM
TSN picks
W&M 28-10
LU 35-14

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I was perfect in all the games last week, 5-0. I'm wondering if anyone will get all six of this weekend's games right. Nevertheless, I will try.

Lehigh 41, CCSU 14, Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-2-breakdown-lehigh-at-central.html).

Wagner 13, G'Town 12. G'Town won by running over a vastly inferior team. They won't be able to do the same against Wagner. The big question is, does Wagner have ANY offense?

Villanova 27, Fordham 13. Nova not as bad as last week. Rams not as good as last week.

William & Mary 37, Lafayette 6. Will Shoop be able to complete a pass against the best secondary in the CAA?

South Dakota 44, Colgate 14. I don't think the Raiders will travel well here, nor will the Yotes' offense be much slowed down by Colgate's defense if the same bunch show up from last week.

Bucknell 29, Marist 28. The road to important games in November starts here for the Bison.

carney2
September 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I was perfect in all the games last week, 5-0. I'm wondering if anyone will get all six of this weekend's games right. Nevertheless, I will try.

Lehigh 41, CCSU 14, Read why here (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/09/game-2-breakdown-lehigh-at-central.html).

Wagner 13, G'Town 12. G'Town won by running over a vastly inferior team. They won't be able to do the same against Wagner. The big question is, does Wagner have ANY offense?

Villanova 27, Fordham 13. Nova not as bad as last week. Rams not as good as last week.

William & Mary 37, Lafayette 6. Will Shoop be able to complete a pass against the best secondary in the CAA?

South Dakota 44, Colgate 14. I don't think the Raiders will travel well here, nor will the Yotes' offense be much slowed down by Colgate's defense if the same bunch show up from last week.

Bucknell 29, Marist 28. The road to important games in November starts here for the Bison.

This marks the second time in the past week that you and I are in complete agreement. The Mayans were right - the end is near.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2012, 03:19 PM
TSN picks
W&M 28-10
LU 35-14

Last week TSN was pretty much spot on with the LU-MU game. Hopefully they're on point again this week. I have a feeling Monmouth will turn out to be much better than originally thought.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM

I have the same picks too, even with W&M scoring 38... but your Lafayette score is insulting. It's the worst of everyone here. We will score points in garbage time. 38-14 WM...

eiu1999
September 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
COLGATE @ South Dakota
BUCKNELL @ Marist
FORDHAM @ Villanova

Fordham
September 7th, 2012, 03:44 PM
... even with W&M scoring 38... but your Lafayette score is insulting. It's the worst of everyone here. We will score points in garbage time. 38-14 WM...
Ha!

Fordham
September 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Thought I picked already but didn't see it in reviewing the thread.

Lehigh
Georgetown
SD
Bucknell
Fordham
W&M

I play this game with my heart, not my head

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Sportsbook lines:

Lehigh (-16) at Central Connecticut State

Georgetown (-8) vs Wagner

South Dakota (-18) vs Colgate

Villanova (-22) vs Fordham

Bucknell (-3) at Marist

William & Mary (-17˝) vs Lafayette

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Sportsbook lines:

Lehigh (-16) at Central Connecticut State

Georgetown (-8) vs Wagner

South Dakota (-18) vs Colgate

Villanova (-22) vs Fordham

Bucknell (-3) at Marist

William & Mary (-17˝) vs Lafayette

Where did you get these? I am internet savvy and tried finding them earlier, but am utterly clueless trying to navigate the sportsbook site.

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I couldn't find it either. Let just be thankful that Bogie can.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 7th, 2012, 05:24 PM
We all know Bogie is wise in the dark arts. He went to Lafayette, after all.

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Where did you get these?

Same place I've been getting them for the past several seasons so I can post them here on AGS, Pard4Life.

I just make them up! :D

No - seriously - I get them from Kate Upton's celebrity occult psychic. Or maybe from an off-shore betting site. Something like that, anyhow.

Tribe4SF
September 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Bogie....I can get a message now.

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Bogie....I can get a message now.

I was just going to post that your message box is full. And P4L - your message box is full as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Top 5 reasons to go to the Williamsburg this weekend...Frank Tavani not being one of them

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Top 5 reasons to go to Williamsburg this weekend...Frank Tavani not being one of them
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8333/frankie400.png

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Looks as if our humble Pards got to take the easy way down to Williamsburg this afternoon.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6777/pardswmjet.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1695/pardswm400.jpg

Go...gate
September 7th, 2012, 07:08 PM
They don't make the players wear coats and ties anymore?

carney2
September 7th, 2012, 08:00 PM
We all know Bogie is wise in the dark arts. He went to Lafayette, after all.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Wait til November 17th.

ngineer
September 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM
LU was at 54 to 56. Some variation with kids transferring, so not exact. Also a number sat out for varipus reasons. 2 rejoined team this yr so number may be highet.

According to Coen's comment last week at the luncheon, it sounds like we're in the high 40's to low 50's. He said we wer "no where near" the 63 equivalencies.

RichH2
September 7th, 2012, 08:26 PM
My last info was a few yrs ago did not realize we had cut back to low 50s. Pretty successful for such a low # . Of coursr plenty of space to add 15 full rides.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I was just going to post that your message box is full. And P4L - your message box is full as well.

Fixed.

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2012, 09:11 PM
We FLEW DOWN?! I'm with carney... I don't want to play a darn game where we can't take the bus. And even if it's at Cal Poly... take the bus. The Indians didn't ride Wild Thing to the pennant in no fancy-nancy first-class charter plane...

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
The Indians didn't ride Wild Thing to the pennant in no fancy-nancy first-class charter plane...

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/9.jpg

GaelsFootball
September 8th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Wagner @ GEORGETOWN
COLGATE @ South Dakota
BUCKNELL @ Marist
FORDHAM @ Villanova

5-0 on season

Tribe4SF
September 8th, 2012, 02:54 AM
We FLEW DOWN?! I'm with carney... I don't want to play a darn game where we can't take the bus. And even if it's at Cal Poly... take the bus. The Indians didn't ride Wild Thing to the pennant in no fancy-nancy first-class charter plane...

Villanova started flying to us a few years ago. Talley recognized that a bus ride down I-95 on a Friday is always a draining experience. Good move by the Pards.

Tribe4SF
September 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Top 5 reasons to go to the Williamsburg this weekend...Frank Tavani not being one of them

Was out there yesterday. Three groups in a row with Natalie, Sandra Gal, Paula Creamer, Michelle Wie, and Lexi Thompson. God I love golf!

ColgateTD
September 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Wish I could see how drunk Carney & Bogie are tonight :)

Looks like November 17th might be quite a game!

crusader11
September 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
PL goes 4-2 this week. Not too shabby.

ngineer
September 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
LC certainly sent a message that they can be a force to be reckoned with. With Penn coming in next week it will be very important to keep moving forward and not have a backslide. Last year's team was very erratic and if they have solved the leadership issue on the team, then they will in the mix.