PDA

View Full Version : Fordham 55, Lock Haven 0

Go...gate
August 31st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Congratulations to the Rams on an Opening Day victory in NYC. xhurrayx

Always great if you can win the opener!

Fordham
August 31st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks! We'll learn much more next week against 'Nova but it was certainly nice to see us take care of business the way we were supposed to for a change.

Our O is going to be VERY good. Our kicking game fantastic with Murray. It's our D that's going to determine whether we have a competitive season or a great one and last night didn't help me feel as though we're heading to a great one but hopefully we progress on D.

carney2
August 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
I've said it before and i say again, beware the Rams this year. Still, they should be embarrassed that they even lined up for the opening kickoff in that thing last night. Who in his right mind scheduled that game and why did he do it?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 10:19 AM
For me, jury still out until next week. If they knock off Villanova, or give them all they can handle, I'll certainly agree.

Fordham
August 31st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I've said it before and i say again, beware the Rams this year. Still, they should be embarrassed that they even lined up for the opening kickoff in that thing last night. Who in his right mind scheduled that game and why did he do it?
Really? I think it's looking brilliant right now. A team coming off a 1 - 10 season where you have tried to instill confidence in their play and the system and get them to expect success. If we came out against our typical URI or other decent-strong opponent, who knows what might have happened that could have shattered that confidence. Instead, we come out and roll and head down to Philly excited to play and see how we measure up instead of being unsure. I like it overall and I think it's why Delaware always opens with West Chester. While WC much better than LH, Delaware similarly much better than Fordham at least as of last year. Similar imo.

LFN, we've posted pretty much the same exact thing in every Fordham-mentioned thread that's been posted so far. This game meant nothing other than that the Fordham of the last few years would have come out and struggled and we didn't do that; however, next week will tell us much more about where we stand.

CFBfan
August 31st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Really? I think it's looking brilliant right now. A team coming off a 1 - 10 season where you have tried to instill confidence in their play and the system and get them to expect success. If we came out against our typical URI or other decent-strong opponent, who knows what might have happened that could have shattered that confidence. Instead, we come out and roll and head down to Philly excited to play and see how we measure up instead of being unsure. I like it overall and I think it's why Delaware always opens with West Chester. While WC much better than LH, Delaware similarly much better than Fordham at least as of last year. Similar imo.

LFN, we've posted pretty much the same exact thing in every Fordham-mentioned thread that's been posted so far. This game meant nothing other than that the Fordham of the last few years would have come out and struggled and we didn't do that; however, next week will tell us much more about where we stand.

I couldn't agree more Fordham. New coach, new system, "higher" expectations....gotta start with a confidence booster
Moorehead is the real deal.....beware the Rams