PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 Poll - How They Fared - Week 1

superman7515
August 31st, 2012, 12:50 AM
Well, I'm going on vacation this weekend, so I'm going to start off by asking for some help. I need someone who is going to be around this weekend to fill in the results from the games because I won't be back until someday Monday evening and the poll will already be open by then. You'll notice I've already done all the hard work for you (hence why I'm still up at 1:45 in the morning and have to be up for work at 6:00) and put the whole spreadsheet together, I just need someone who doesn't mind giving me their email (so you can have permission to edit the spreadsheet in Google Docs) to do some data entry.

How They Fared - Week 1 - 2012 Season (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdDBtSkI0b0pHdm9pdF9SV1NyakJCa FE)

All the games that are finished as of right now are already done, so you have a guide to go by. There's still a good amount of work that has to be done, but I know this is pretty useful for guys voting in the polls (myself included) and it would be doing a huge favor to myself and the voters if you could. You're not required to sit at home all weekend, just have the games updated as close to the poll opening Sunday afternoon as possible.

I've added a little extra information for this season, Division 1 wins so we can keep track of who is/isn't going to make it, and FBS wins since those seem to weigh a little more heavily in voters minds, and rightfully so. Thanks and I hope this continues to help you all with your votes.

superman7515
August 31st, 2012, 06:34 AM
Big thanks to Bonarae for taking it over this weekend. Throw some reppies his way if you get a chance while doing your poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
Big thanks to Bonarae for taking it over this weekend. Throw some reppies his way if you get a chance while doing your poll.

Will do and thank you to both of you.

bonarae
August 31st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Scores and records updated up to today's games. I have also put "IDLE" into the results of teams who are idle this week.

bonarae
September 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Bumping it up now that the poll's open. Updated as well the scores up to today. :)

McLeansvilleAppFan
September 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
I get the D2 and FBS notes by the name, but what is OVR?

For example, Furman Paladins Lost at (ORV) Samford 24-21

asumike83
September 3rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
I get the D2 and FBS notes by the name, but what is OVR?

For example, Furman Paladins Lost at (ORV) Samford 24-21

ORV is others receiving votes, meaning not a top 25 team but one with votes in the prior poll.

HailSzczur
September 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
How the hell are we in the next 15? Who in their right minds voted for us

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
How the hell are we in the next 15? Who in their right minds voted for us

Not me. Out here we call it East Coast Bias. ;)

GOODY26
September 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Good job fellows.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 4th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Not me. Out here we call it East Coast Bias. ;)

Not me either. Out here we call it West Coast Ignorance. :p

Great work on putting this together. The AGS poll is a much better indicator because of it.

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2012, 07:38 AM
over rated - Montana State and Towson State

under rated - BCCC - could this be the year the MEAC wins a playoff game? will happen eventually as the field expands

JMUNJ08
September 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
over rated - Montana State and Towson State

under rated - BCCC - could this be the year the MEAC wins a playoff game? will happen eventually as the field expands

Crossing their decade long losing fingers they get the PFL champ...

UNH Fanboi
September 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
So when does the actual ags poll come out??

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I mean..I voted the entire Southland Conference in the top 8. Y'all didn't do the same?

Twentysix
September 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I mean..I voted the entire Southland Conference in the top 8. Y'all didn't do the same?

Yeah, I did the same. Hopefully our teams match up in order so we don't have our polls kicked out due to homerism.

bonarae
September 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
So when does the actual ags poll come out??

Sometime in the afternoon (EDT) today.