PDA

View Full Version : 10th Season of AGS!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Tomorrow night will kick off the 10th year of wonderful FCS banter on AGS! I can't believe I've been here that long. I still remember the old AOL and escribe I-AA communities!

Here's to another 10 and a Lehigh national title!

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Congrats AGS! xbeerchugx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Good job Go LTUO! I would like to congratulate the members who have kept it going through tough times and also say thanks to those who came before me that kept the site rolling to the present day.

It's seen many fights, upheaval, and general problems but has survived because you people keep it alive and kicking.

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Bump xsmileyclapx

TheRevSFA
August 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Congrats. I've only been here for less than 2 years..but I enjoy it immensely.

Mr. C
August 30th, 2012, 07:03 AM
AGS has done quite a job of fostering the national (and even international) community of AGS. I can't tell you how many people I've met in my travels across the country, covering FCS over the past 20 years, that have been a part of the AGS community. I know I've made some great friendships and learned a lot from everyone. It would be hard to imagine what FCS would be like without AGS.

Keep it alive for another 10 years, Ursus and Cleets. Great work. Glad to be able to partner with you on promoting the great game that is FCS.

813Jag
August 30th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Good job Go LTUO! I would like to congratulate the members who have kept it going through tough times and also say thanks to those who came before me that kept the site rolling to the present day.

It's seen many fights, upheaval, and general problems but has survived because you people keep it alive and kicking.
It's like night and day, totally feels like the place I fell in love with a couple years ago.

dgreco
August 30th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Congrats to AGS. Also, since I did not want to start another thread, is there still a place to watch streams for FCS Games? Specifically, I am interested in the HC/UNH game tonight.

darell1976
August 30th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I go to this site every day (or damn near), its the best out there (besides our homepage Siouxsports.com). AGS beats CS by a longshot. You guys who control this site do a great job, and keep up the good work.

bonarae
August 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Although I've been a member for 8 1/2 years running, it's only now that I appreciate this community more, now that I'm planning my own FCS tour (Harvard, Stony Brook, Penn/Villanova/UD, SHSU/SFA, Cal Poly) come one fall in the near future. Through good times and bad, I can't thank you guys more than enough for making me appreciate the FCS as a whole. xnodx

ngineer
August 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
This place has become a daily ritual. The diversity of viewpoints is both interesting and refreshing. It's also been great getting to meet some of the members over the years when travelling about the country. Despite some very bumpy roads in the past, I feel this place has 'matured' beyond the growing pains. A lot of credit to our feerless leaders who have kept this alive.!

TheRevSFA
August 30th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Although I've been a member for 8 1/2 years running, it's only now that I appreciate this community more, now that I'm planning my own FCS tour (Harvard, Stony Brook, Penn/Villanova/UD, SHSU/SFA, Cal Poly) come one fall in the near future. Through good times and bad, I can't thank you guys more than enough for making me appreciate the FCS as a whole. xnodx

When you make the SHSU/SFA trip, let me know..I'll get you a ticket on our side.

Grizalltheway
August 30th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I go to this site every day (or damn near), its the best out there (besides our homepage Siouxsports.com). AGS beats CS by a longshot. You guys who control this site do a great job, and keep up the good work.

*Runs to post this on CS and ostracize darell from the board*

:D

813Jag
August 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM

xlolx xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 30th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Glad to see Ursus and Cleetoris keep the site going while returning it to it's former state. Good work fellas, and I can't forget the efforts of my fellow Mountaineers, GAS and Lulu! xsmileyclapx

GSUhooligan
August 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
This will be my 8th season on AGS, and I couldn't live without it...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM

I have a Chevy & a Ford Truck. One is great for certain things the other is better for other things. The sites are focused a little differently based on their population and I enjoy both very much and hope that it stays that way for a long time. There is absolutely nothing bad about having choices and jumping in whichever truck will work best for the job that needs to be done.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I have a Chevy & a Ford Truck. One is great for certain things the other is better for other things. The sites are focused a little differently based on their population and I enjoy both very much and hope that it stays that way for a long time. There is absolutely nothing bad about having choices and jumping in whichever truck will work best for the job that needs to be done.

Better than I would have said it, but I agree completely.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Glad to see Ursus and Cleetoris keep the site going while returning it to it's former state. Good work fellas, and I can't forget the efforts of my fellow Mountaineers, GAS and Lulu! xsmileyclapx

Yes indeed. Thanks definitely goes to them. They brought it back from the heap and resuscitated it so it could continue to be a place for us fans.

Guys like Ralph that made this place roll from the start also deserve much credit for it's existence today. Not to say there were not a lot of problems in the past but this site owes a debt of gratitude to Ralph for starting it in the first place.

The members of the old BOD and so forth all did much in keeping this place pumping as well and they all need a tip of the cap for their work too.

Grizalltheway
August 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Better than I would have said it, but I agree completely.

+2.

The only thing that gives CS an edge in my mind is the greater WCB...although in terms of ownership I guess it's even now. :D

superman7515
August 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM

What do you mean, "you people"??

JMUNJ08
August 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Such a great place that I have enjoyed over the years. Great conversations and views from all over the place rather than hearing simple centralized points on any 1 school's fan site. Keep it up guys and I look forward to another great season! Go DUUUUUKES!

dbackjon
August 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Which one has more Ursus posts? ;)

Congrats!!!

Big Dawg
August 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM
10 years? Wow, I was in high school when I joined this site...I actually had to create another account a few years ago...I've gotta post over here more often LOL

Gil Dobie
August 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
There are a lot of people still here after all those years.

Grizo406
August 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I'd also like to add my congrats to a terrific FCS message board!

IMO, the most important date in AGS's history is 10 June 2003!!xnodxxnodxxcoffeex

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Tomorrow night will kick off the 10th year of wonderful FCS banter on AGS! I can't believe I've been here that long. I still remember the old AOL and escribe I-AA communities!

Here's to another 10 and a Lehigh national title!

skiiiissshhh... What was that? ...skiiiishhh... I didn't catch that last part the.. kiiiissssssssssshhh... AOL dial-up static is too loud... kissssh... yes, here's to another ten!

dungeonjoe
August 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Congrats to AGS!

GreatAppSt
August 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
10 years! Whoot there it is, Whoot there it is!!!

GreatAppSt
August 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
What do you mean, "you people"??

Dammit! beat me to it.xtroublex

RichH2
August 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Geez, I've been doing this for 10years. Thank you and a thsnk to Ralph who started it all . I truly love our home here.