PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is most likely to happen in Week 1 of the SoCon???

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Poll:
What is most likely to happen in Week 1 of the SoCon??? xbeerchugx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Do you know how to add a poll FW? If you have trouble with that let me know and I'll help.

TheRevSFA
August 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Based off of the poll choices, I'd say "Nothing"

ElonFirefighter
August 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'd say furmanWins has to change his name

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Answer: teams will play football games against other teams. Some teams will win and some teams will lose.

Keep up, guys.

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Poll now posted, took me a minute to put it up haha ;)

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
It's a multi-choice poll... I voted for everything.

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's a multi-choice poll... I voted for everything.

Haha, nice!!

BR54Niner
August 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Where's the "App State gets their asses handed to them by a dominate Conf USA team"? App State will get beat by 30 pts. Bank it.

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Where's the "App State gets their asses handed to them by a dominate Conf USA team"? App State will get beat by 30 pts. Bank it.

Even though you're trolling your nuts off, you're probably correct. ECU should be down this year but ASU has lost a LOT the past 4 years. I'm a fan, but I'm also a realist.

BR54Niner
August 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Even though you're trolling your nuts off, you're probably correct. ECU should be down this year but ASU has lost a LOT the past 4 years. I'm a fan, but I'm also a realist.

0-0=0

GlassOnion
August 28th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I predict the 49ers sitting at home on their thumbs, while the real teams compete.

ElonFirefighter
August 28th, 2012, 01:47 PM
0-0=0

Funny how your team rep and total wins are the same number

asumike83
August 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM

You think we lose by 30? ECU is a favorite and unless we execute very well, I'd probably take ECU by 10-14. Taking a 30-point loss would be extremely surprising to me.

AshevilleApp2
August 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM

"Dominant" maybe?

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
"Dominant" maybe?

He has probably just been reading my Sig a lot ;)

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
0-0=0

7 players currently on NFL rosters

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
You think we lose by 30? ECU is a favorite and unless we execute very well, I'd probably take ECU by 10-14. Taking a 30-point loss would be extremely surprising to me.

Eh, 30 is probably a little high, but I think 10 - 14 is too low. I'm probably closer to 19 - 22 point margin. I know that makes me a horrible fan, but whatever. I'll be happy if they win and love them if they lose.

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2012, 02:13 PM

Assuming you meant "dominant," that's an interesting take. ECU was 5-7 last season and 4-4 in CUSA, finishing third in the East. Even when trolling, it's important to know the definitions of the words you use.

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 02:39 PM
7 players currently on NFL rosters

Just curious, but is there a site by chance that shows the breakdown of NFL players by school or even conference that anyone knows about?

CID1990
August 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
0-0=0

What is that?

UNC-Charlotte Campus' all time W-L-T record?

asumike83
August 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Just curious, but is there a site by chance that shows the breakdown of NFL players by school or even conference that anyone knows about?

ESPN will actually let you search by college: http://espn.go.com/nfl/players

Furman currently has five (http://espn.go.com/nfl/players?college=138)

It does list guys that are likely practice squad guys though. Not sure about the FU guys but it lists nine for App and a couple likely won't make the final cut.

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
ESPN will actually let you search by college: http://espn.go.com/nfl/players

Furman currently has five (http://espn.go.com/nfl/players?college=138)

It does list guys that are likely practice squad guys though. Not sure about the FU guys but it lists nine for App and a couple likely won't make the final cut.

Very cool, thank you for posting this info!!

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
ECU vs. ASU preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djt2v6SlKj4

elon77
August 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
ECU vs. ASU preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djt2v6SlKj4

Wait, did he just say Panthers ? Did he also say Appy? And last but not least, did he say East Carolina's defense was playing lights out this year? Have I missed part of the season?

Apphole
August 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I'll be happy if they win and love them if they lose.
Yes, it's called sand bagging. We win, you were wrong but we won! We lose and we lost but you were right! A win:win for you.

Anyway, my head says EZU by 10, my heart says App by 14.

I've got a good feeling about the game.

AppAlum2003
August 28th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yes, it's called sand bagging. We win, you were wrong but we won! We lose and we lost but you were right! A win:win for you.

Anyway, my head says EZU by 10, my heart says App by 14.

I've got a good feeling about the game.

Yes and no... I'm a lifelong Cubs fan... nature has taught me to not get too excited about wins and don't get devastated with loses. I'm enough of a crazy person as it is.

FurmanWins!!
August 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
GW vs. Woffy preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIC6_LiiEuI&feature=plcp

WataugaDave
August 29th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Where's the "UNCC football will continue to not exist. Also why the HELL are all their fans here in the first place?" option.

I know you don't have your own team to cheer for, but the whole "Go Conference!" thing is really pathetic, man.

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Where's the "UNCC football will continue to not exist. Also why the HELL are all their fans here in the first place?" option.

I know you don't have your own team to cheer for, but the whole "Go Conference!" thing is really pathetic, man.

I got you covered for next weeks poll man ;)

Gringer1
August 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I think that whatever happens, Furman fans will need to continue posting approximately 100 threads to get anybody to pay attention to them. ;)

BR54Niner
August 29th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Assuming you meant "dominant," that's an interesting take. ECU was 5-7 last season and 4-4 in CUSA, finishing third in the East. Even when trolling, it's important to know the definitions of the words you use.

Grammar lessons: The last resort of a beaten & humiliated foe. BTW, get that kid a decent looking shirt. He may still crap himself, but there's no reason to advertise that by wearing App gear.

Apphole
August 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Grammar lessons: The last resort of a beaten & humiliated foe.

7-26-2012

Not as annoying as your lack of grammar skills. What are you, like 9 yrs old? Haven't covered punctuation rules in your Special Ed class yet? Stop while you're behind. You're embarrasing yourself.

GlassOnion
August 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Hahahha!

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I think that whatever happens, Furman fans will need to continue posting approximately 100 threads to get anybody to pay attention to them. ;)

And look who is talking about FU xhighfivex

Gringer1
August 29th, 2012, 09:43 AM
And look who is talking about FU xhighfivex

As I said, it only took 100 threads ;)

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
As I said, it only took 100 threads ;)

Well yeah I guess using those GSU math department skills, 7 threads and 100 are about the same :D

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Well yeah I guess using those GSU math department skills, 7 threads and 100 are about the same :D

well 7 threads X 1,000 posts saying the same thing in those threads = 7000, then using the BS to thread count conversion formula you get a number somewhere around 100

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 10:30 AM
well 7 threads X 1,000 posts saying the same thing in those threads = 7000, then using the BS to thread count conversion formula you get a number somewhere around 100

Haha kinda funny, but somehow my all time post count only says 494, weird xconfusedx

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 10:53 AM
JU vs. GSU preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXL00hrFrdE&feature=plcp

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Haha kinda funny, but somehow my all time post count only says 494, weird xconfusedx

With the last update they ran it added a BS detector. It cut down your post count to do too much BS ;)

whoanellie
August 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
fwiw exactly half of the teams will either win or lose
Answer: teams will play football games against other teams. Some teams will win and some teams will lose.

Keep up, guys.

Gringer1
August 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM
If you've read 1 furple thread, you've read 1,000.

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM

You haven't seen anything yet mate, Domination begins in 3 days xhypedx

AppAlum2003
August 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Grammar lessons: The last resort of a beaten & humiliated foe. BTW, get that kid a decent looking shirt. He may still crap himself, but there's no reason to advertise that by wearing App gear.

Um... There's a distinct difference between "grammar" and using the wrong word. Your grammar was fine; your word choice was poor.

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
With the last update they ran it added a BS detector. It cut down your post count to do too much BS ;)

Just friendly reminder:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16688&d=1346006323

MTfan4life
August 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM
My question is, which will be higher after the Furman game? Will it be the amount Furman wins by or the amount of people who add FurmanWins!! to their ignore list?

FurmanWins!!
August 29th, 2012, 10:26 PM
My question is, which will be higher after the Furman game? Will it be the amount Furman wins by or the amount of people who add FurmanWins!! to their ignore list?

Ill be happy if both are high xhighfivex

FUGameBreaker
August 29th, 2012, 11:54 PM
i like the choices dude

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 06:47 AM
i like the choices dude

Thanks, hoping for an inspirational week 1 in the SoCon so I can come up with an even better poll next week ;)

Mr. C
August 30th, 2012, 07:08 AM
For our Catamount friends at AGS and for the many close relationships I have with members of the Western Carolina football staff, I certainly hope that the Purple Haze finds a way to beat Mars Hill.

Now it would be kind of funny to see live rounds being fired by the Corp of Cadets at Johnson-Haygood Stadium this weekend. One of my favorite FCS venues when it isn't 100 degrees down in Charleston.

ElonFirefighter
August 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM
For our Catamount friends at AGS and for the many close relationships I have with members of the Western Carolina football staff, I certainly hope that the Purple Haze finds a way to beat Mars Hill.

Now it would be kind of funny to see live rounds being fired by the Corp of Cadets at Johnson-Haygood Stadium this weekend. One of my favorite FCS venues when it isn't 100 degrees down in Charleston.

Even the fake round is fun to fire. A few years back when I made the trip down I had a friend who was our mascot. She was talking to the cheerleaders b4 the game and they offered her the chance to fire it to start the game. We were down there when it went off. Ive always enjoyed blowing things up. You know what they say, every firefighter has a little pyro in them

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 07:19 AM

Agree, Chucktown and Johnson-Haygood make for a good road trip!

GunsAndGuitars
August 30th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Last year it was the Chatt, this year it's Furple. The SoCon gets dominated every year on this forum until about half way through the season. Every year, the word "dominate" from these teams means receiving an xasswhipx.

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Last year it was the Chatt, this year it's Furple. The SoCon gets dominated every year on this forum until about half way through the season. Every year, the word "dominate" from these teams means receiving an xasswhipx.

One difference, Chatt has never been there, Furple has been there and done that, we will do it again this year, all starts on Saturday ;)

ElonFirefighter
August 30th, 2012, 08:09 AM
One difference, Chatt has never been there, Furple has been there and done that, we will do it again this year, all starts on Saturday ;)

Your talking like a 100 year old man talking to his great grandson about sex. Yes son ive been there done that, but it was soooo long ago I cant remember.

ASUMountaineer
August 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM

HA! Whining about grammar lessons is even worse.

No last resort here, just trying to make sense of your post. It wasn't just the incorrect use of a word that made your post confusing, but the lack of a logical thought. I noticed you didn't respond to ECU's dismal year last year and how that indicates that they are a "dominant" CUSA team. If you're going to troll, at least bring some quality to it. I think you're better than your last effort. Try, try again.

He will still crap himself, but at least he'll do it sporting the black and gold colors of a school with an actual team. That's more than I can say for UNCC when they take the field against mighty Campbell.

AppChicago
August 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
He will still crap himself, but at least he'll do it sporting the black and gold colors of a school with an actual team. That's more than I can say for UNCC when they take the field against mighty Campbell.

At first glance, BR54Niner and your kid's diaper may look pretty similar: They're both full of crap. One of them, however, shows no sign of being changed, the smell be damned.

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Your talking like a 100 year old man talking to his great grandson about sex. Yes son ive been there done that, but it was soooo long ago I cant remember.

Lets leave the sex talk you had with you're grandfather out of this, there are other sites for that stuff man xeyebrowx

Milktruck74
August 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure EZU can even hang 30 on App...so unless App can't put points on the board at all....no way they lose by 30.

Mr. C
August 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Even the fake round is fun to fire. A few years back when I made the trip down I had a friend who was our mascot. She was talking to the cheerleaders b4 the game and they offered her the chance to fire it to start the game. We were down there when it went off. Ive always enjoyed blowing things up. You know what they say, every firefighter has a little pyro in them

That cannon makes me shutter every time, even when I know it is coming. Reminds me of the time at Chamberlain Field a few years ago when the Yosef mascot got thrown out of a game for firing off his flintlock gun right in the ear of a SoCon official.

ElonFirefighter
August 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM
That cannon makes me shutter every time, even when I know it is coming. Reminds me of the time at Chamberlain Field a few years ago when the Yosef mascot got thrown out of a game for firing off his flintlock gun right in the ear of a SoCon official.

Lol kind of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG48hd10Ayk

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Here is a random one for you guys, anybody thinking about proposing at a game this year take note:

Marriage Proposal Rejected at NBA BasketBall Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPkxzHKLpk

Apphole
August 30th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Here is a random one for you guys, anybody thinking about proposing at a game this year take note:

Marriage Proposal Rejected at NBA BasketBall Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtPkxzHKLpk

xlolx wow! What a heartless twat. It's not too hard to humor him in front of thousands of people and tell him afterwards that you'd rather not and you didn't want to humiliate him. The proposal acceptance isn't a legally binding contract...

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM
xlolx wow! What a heartless twat. It's not too hard to humor him in front of thousands of people and tell him afterwards that you'd rather not and you didn't want to humiliate him. The proposal acceptance isn't a legally binding contract...

You took the words right out of my mouth, kinda funny how as soon as the horn goes off she starts running for the exit :)

ASUMountaineer
August 30th, 2012, 02:10 PM

My guess is it was a show...may have been legit, but I doubt it.

Eagle22
August 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM

Funniest Citadel cannon story I have is when the cadets fired it on Urbano's TD jaunt in the 3rd OT that won the game for the Eagles ;)

CID1990
August 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Funniest Citadel cannon story I have is when the cadets fired it on Urbano's TD jaunt in the 3rd OT that won the game for the Eagles ;)

Going to let you in on a little secret:

We fire the cannon right at the end of each game, win or lose.

Eagle22
August 30th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Going to let you in on a little secret:

We fire the cannon right at the end of each game, win or lose.
Yeah, I know that. It was just the fact they did it almost simultaneously with him scoring :)

theasushow
August 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Eh, 30 is probably a little high, but I think 10 - 14 is too low. I'm probably closer to 19 - 22 point margin. I know that makes me a horrible fan, but whatever. I'll be happy if they win and love them if they lose.

I know ECU is no Virginia Tech, but last year i never would have predicted a 45-0 halftime score to go along with a 65-13 final. oy.

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 10:27 PM
WCU wins 42-14

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
The Quest Begins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0owmkcAsZKw

Gringer1
August 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM
So WCU might be legit this year? ;)

FurmanWins!!
August 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM
So WCU might be legit this year? ;)

Honestly for their sake I am happy they had a good margin of victory, they have had some hard times for a while up in the Wheeeee

ASU_Fanatic
August 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM
s/o to wcu glad to see speir starting right even if it's d2

FurmanWins!!
August 31st, 2012, 12:25 AM
s/o to wcu glad to see speir starting right even if it's d2

Agree

T-Dog
August 31st, 2012, 12:34 AM

Didn't a Yosef mascot fire one at Marshall's coach during a basketball game once?

FurmanWins!!
September 1st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Didn't a Yosef mascot fire one at Marshall's coach during a basketball game once?

That should be applauded!!!