PDA

View Full Version : TC/Hurricane Isaac Impact

BluBengal07
August 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
i thought there was a thread on this already here but i guess not.
just wanted to share this predicted path. it kinda sucks that's heading straight to NO with the city still bearing the scars of Katrina. but anyways, it looks like the midwest could get eaten up pretty good with rain showers. have anyone heard of any reports from their University and game status?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxWmB9bk1rP8Ntmj1iMpA206zAI-4NXcYWHVimrEvTrBoTL7_ciA

for Jackson State, they're prepared to practice inside for the most part of this week.

WataugaDave
August 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
My heart doesn't bleed too much for New Orleans. It has been hit by tropical storms and hurricanes since Katrina, and it will happen again. It's not really the same. First, the levees should never break again. And in 2005 it was because of a Category 3 storm, not a tropical storm. New Orleans has been in the path of many hurricanes, anyone who hasn't been in one hasn't lived there too long. Barring some horrible catastrophe like the levees breaking, the city and the people are more than prepared. There's hardly panic or fear in Tampa, how many hurricanes have THEY been through?

Anyway, if Isaac had followed one of its predicted paths and gone up the east coast, it could have put a damper on the App State-ECU game. I wouldn't say cancel, considering when Irene came through the entire ECU campus acted business as usual, but it would definitely make it an interesting experience.

ElonFirefighter
August 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Wasn't it a few years ago that a football game had a punt for negative yards due to a hurricane

Pitz
August 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Looks like that EKU @ Purdue game could get a little wet:

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

813Jag
August 28th, 2012, 10:46 AM
My heart doesn't bleed too much for New Orleans. It has been hit by tropical storms and hurricanes since Katrina, and it will happen again. It's not really the same. First, the levees should never break again. And in 2005 it was because of a Category 3 storm, not a tropical storm. New Orleans has been in the path of many hurricanes, anyone who hasn't been in one hasn't lived there too long. Barring some horrible catastrophe like the levees breaking, the city and the people are more than prepared. There's hardly panic or fear in Tampa, how many hurricanes have THEY been through?

Anyway, if Isaac had followed one of its predicted paths and gone up the east coast, it could have put a damper on the App State-ECU game. I wouldn't say cancel, considering when Irene came through the entire ECU campus acted business as usual, but it would definitely make it an interesting experience.
Tampa's last hurricane hit was in 2004. I've been here since November 2004 and there have been zero hurricane hits.

BEAR
August 28th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Expecting some rain in Arkansas I see. Nice. When oh when will I mow that yard.

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg