PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Champ??

trojan5588
July 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Who, do you think will win the Patriot League???

TheValleyRaider
July 15th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Colgate

But I might be biased :D ;) :)

hvsader
July 15th, 2006, 11:16 AM
HC...our young'uns run wild, and somehow we find a QB

Go...gate
July 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM
I think Lehigh will break through this year, with Lafayette and Colgate fighting for the "wild card" playoff spot.

colgate13
July 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Any votes for teams other than CU, LU, or LC are from homers!

I actually see another CU/LC co-champs scenario with the tiebreaker going to CU.

ngineer
July 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM

I actually see another CU/LC co-champs scenario with the tiebreaker going to CU.

Guess you've shown your hand early on who #3 will be on your preseason report.xcoffeex I think Coen is going to have the Brown playing up a notch this year and LU takes the title with CU/LC fighting for the wildcard.:D

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 15th, 2006, 05:21 PM
[/B]

Guess you've shown your hand early on who #3 will be on your preseason report.xcoffeex I think Coen is going to have the Brown playing up a notch this year and LU takes the title with CU/LC fighting for the wildcard.:D

Lehigh still returns the most starters out of the big three. Also last years sesaon was no worse or nobetter than that of Colgates or Lafayettes. I don't think any of their 3 losses compare to the fashion Lehighs came. They were just the odd team out when it came to playoffs.

colgate13
July 15th, 2006, 10:26 PM
[/b]

Guess you've shown your hand early on who #3 will be on your preseason report.xcoffeex

Never been quiet about that. :confused:

ngineer
July 15th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Never been quiet about that. :confused:

Well, from my readings, I sensed that 'we' were going to be the 'turd' selection, but it seemed you kept hedging among the 'big 3' over past few weeks. Go ahead 'dis' us all you want--we can use the incentive;)

Fordham
July 16th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Tough to pick against Gate or Laf, imo, and the fact that last year was supposed to be a rebuilding one and with what they return, tips the favor to the Radia's for me.

JoltinJoe
July 16th, 2006, 10:36 AM

Sez you. :)

Lehigh74
July 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM
The reality is that for the last 2 or 3 years Lehigh's personnel has been every bit as good as Colgate and Lafayette. While our coach was a good recruiter and organizer he was not a good motivator and not a good game day coach. Although, as a head coach, he is still an unknown quantity, all indictions are that Coen will not only be a good recruiter but a strong motivator and game day coach as well. It remains to be seen what will happen but I think Lehigh has as good a chance as anyone. Let's not forget that, if not for 2 last minute hail mary type passes, Lehigh could easily have been undefeated in league play last year.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 16th, 2006, 12:50 PM
The reality is that for the last 2 or 3 years Lehigh's personnel has been every bit as good as Colgate and Lafayette. While our coach was a good recruiter and organizer he was not a good motivator and not a good game day coach. Although, as a head coach, he is still an unknown quantity, all indictions are that Coen will not only be a good recruiter but a strong motivator and game day coach as well. It remains to be seen what will happen but I think Lehigh has as good a chance as anyone. Let's not forget that, if not for 2 last minute hail mary type passes, Lehigh could easily have been undefeated in league play last year.

While we're at it, in every game last year we lost, we were ahead halfway through the 4th quarter.

colgate13
July 16th, 2006, 06:53 PM
The reality is that for the last 2 or 3 years Lehigh's personnel has been every bit as good as Colgate and Lafayette.

Who's reality are we talking about here? In the past three years, Colgate and Lafayette have won two PL championships each, with Colgate owning a trip to the National Finals and a Walter Payton in the process. (Lafayette folks insert accomplishments here - but I'll just say that LC has beaten LU 3 out of the past 4). Lehigh's been very good - no doubt. But the jury is still out on if it was all just a head coaching problem or not.:read:

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 16th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Who's reality are we talking about here? In the past three years, Colgate and Lafayette have won two PL championships each, with Colgate owning a trip to the National Finals and a Walter Payton in the process. (Lafayette folks insert accomplishments here - but I'll just say that LC has beaten LU 3 out of the past 4). Lehigh's been very good - no doubt. But the jury is still out on if it was all just a head coaching problem or not.:read:

C'mmon Colgate13,
Lehigh was 9-2 in '04, PL Co-champs, lost to the national champs by a single point in the playoffs and had the same record as Colgate last year and beat them by 14 in Hamilton to make it two straight over the Raiders. Lafayette was bound to get a couple from Lehigh after Lehigh had dominated the series for the better part of the last 15 years. In 2003 Lehigh was deffinately a top 15 team but got Wofford'd. The teams they lost to were a combined 34-2, including 1-A Uconn.

Ivytalk
July 16th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Colgate, because of superior coaching.

TheValleyRaider
July 16th, 2006, 09:54 PM
While we're at it, in every game last year we lost, we were ahead halfway through the 4th quarter.

So you're saying all 3 losses were 4th Quarter collapses? :eyebrow: I'm not sure if that's supposed to be inspiring or not.

ngineer
July 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
So you're saying all 3 losses were 4th Quarter collapses? :eyebrow: I'm not sure if that's supposed to be inspiring or not.

The point being made was that there were some questionable decisions made by the coaching staff. HC was a pure fluke because of the monsoon. One of 'those' games--but even then, running the shotgun in torrential downpour very questionable. The losses to Delaware and Lafayette were earned by the Hens and the Pards, but the coaches seemed to be playing not to lose rather than putting the games away when they had the opponents down. Coen presents a more hardnosed attitude that will translate into a fourth quarter difference.
All that being said, I don't disagree based on what we see on paper that CU and LC should be given a slight nod; but the difference is so slight that a strange bounce of the ball could determine all three games outcomes among the schools.

OL FU
July 17th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Colgate, Lafayette, Lehigh

The Big Three:nod: :nod: :nod:

Seems like I have heard that somewhere before:smiley_wi

colgate13
July 17th, 2006, 08:33 AM
C'mmon Colgate13,
Lehigh was 9-2 in '04, PL Co-champs, lost to the national champs by a single point in the playoffs and had the same record as Colgate last year and beat them by 14 in Hamilton to make it two straight over the Raiders. Lafayette was bound to get a couple from Lehigh after Lehigh had dominated the series for the better part of the last 15 years. In 2003 Lehigh was deffinately a top 15 team but got Wofford'd. The teams they lost to were a combined 34-2, including 1-A Uconn.
I think it's more like C'mmon Lehigh fans. I swear I love your program and wish you the best, but there is this underlying mentality that comes through that makes me think the lot of you have forgotten that Higgins stop recruiting for you years ago.

Lehigh used to hold the PL banner with OOC and playoff wins. In the time frame mentioned (past 2-3 years), you haven't. It's been Colgate and Lafayette that have done it. And they've done it with All-Americans like Branch, Scott, Nepa, Bennett, McCourt, etc. The claim that was made was about talent. Adam Bergen has been the one standout above anything Colgate and Lafayette has had in the past 2-3 years (and IMHO 2003's Freiser wasn't too far behind Bergen).

Maybe the Lafayette fans are starting to get under my skin, but I swear, this entitlement mentality is bewildering. xcoffeex

So that's why I say, it might be about the coaching, and it might not. IMO the verdict is out.

Pard4Life
July 17th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I think it's more like C'mmon Lehigh fans. I swear I love your program and wish you the best, but there is this underlying mentality that comes through that makes me think the lot of you have forgotten that Higgins stop recruiting for you years ago.

Lehigh used to hold the PL banner with OOC and playoff wins. In the time frame mentioned (past 2-3 years), you haven't. It's been Colgate and Lafayette that have done it. And they've done it with All-Americans like Branch, Scott, Nepa, Bennett, McCourt, etc. The claim that was made was about talent. Adam Bergen has been the one standout above anything Colgate and Lafayette has had in the past 2-3 years (and IMHO 2003's Freiser wasn't too far behind Bergen).

Maybe the Lafayette fans are starting to get under my skin, but I swear, this entitlement mentality is bewildering. xcoffeex

So that's why I say, it might be about the coaching, and it might not. IMO the verdict is out.

We have not done that well in OOC games, the only major win being over Richmond two years in a row. We can't beat Harvard and Princeton. But, we have taken care of business where it counts, in PL play... except for Colgate. In my mind, Lehigh still has that banner for OOC and playoff wins, however, if they don't do anything this year, I think they will lose that label. Heck, some people will likely claim they lost it last year.

Bergen is something they had over both our programs. Sedale Threatt was heading that direction until the Lafayette game. Jermaine Pugh also had that potential, but his numbers were not that high and did not get a chance to shine in the playoffs.

And frankly, I'd say that Lehigh has been 'choking' a bit a lately i.e. Delaware and Lafayette. Given our situation in that 4th q, I am still surprised we won.

Pard4Life
July 17th, 2006, 08:56 AM

The reality is Lehigh's staff is as every bit as LC and CU's the last three years???

You also say 'Lehigh COULD have easily been undefeated last year'.

Clearly Lehigh was not, so if your staff was as every bit as good as LC's and CU's, you WOULD have been undefeated last year. So, LU is lacking something the others have.

The coaching strength in this league is clearly CU, LC, LU.

Ken_Z
July 17th, 2006, 09:45 AM
as much as i wanted to be a homer so we could move up into a tie in votes with G'town, i picked Lehigh. i would pick Colgate as the best of the BIG 3, but they have the toughest schedule. ultimately i gave Lehigh the nod 'cause they are the only one of the BIG 3 who does not have to suffer a visit Lewisburg

Pard94
July 17th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I'm sensing a lot of "we'd be undefeated if only we hadn't lost any games" type of banter. What the hell kind of argument is that?

colgate13
July 17th, 2006, 10:12 AM
as much as i wanted to be a homer so we could move up into a tie in votes with G'town, i picked Lehigh. i would pick Colgate as the best of the BIG 3, but they have the toughest schedule. ultimately i gave Lehigh the nod 'cause they are the only one of the BIG 3 who does not have to suffer a visit Lewisburg

xlolx You're my preseason hero Ken_Z! xlolx

colgate13
July 17th, 2006, 10:13 AM
We have not done that well in OOC games, the only major win being over Richmond two years in a row. We can't beat Harvard and Princeton.

Don't sell those Richmond games short. We all know that the PL gets 1000 times more mileage from an A-10 win than from sweeping the Ivy slate. Those, and the playoffs, are games that matter IMO.

Fordham
July 17th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Don't know why anyone's taking umbrage at giving a slight edge to LC & CU at this point. No one on here would be shocked by Lehigh taking the crown and they've clearly had the title within their grasp the past few seasons. However, not only have they not won it while LC & CU have but there's the great unknown (referenced above) of the coaching staff change. That alone is why a pre-season poll should give the nod to one of "the big 2" in the PL <uh-oh ;) >. Seriously, let's see how the first few weeks go for LU and then possibly reshuffle the deck if we see the players reacting to the staff the way LU fans are hoping/expecting.

Ken_Z is my favorite PL poster, btw. No offense to others - you're all heroes of mine too. Ken just brings a little something extra to the table.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I'm sensing a lot of "we'd be undefeated if only we hadn't lost any games" type of banter. What the hell kind of argument is that?

The only point being made here is that Lehigh, Lafayette and Colgate are all very good, and the differences between all of them are slight. Nobody's taking away 2004 and 2005. Our only point is that Lehigh's not too far behind Colgate and Lafayette.

In both 2004 and 2005, Lehigh beat Colgate, Colgate beat Lafayette, and Lafayette beat Lehigh. How's that for parity? I think everyone expects 2006 to be similar. Close games between the "Big 3", where a bounce here, a mistake there or a big play there could make the difference.

2005 Lehigh/Colgate: Drew Nelson INT for TD seals the game
2005 Colgate/Lafayette: Colgate drives for TD with 1 minute left, then stuffs Lafayette offense at midfield
2005 Lehigh/Lafayette: "The Prayer" is answered by Jonathan Hurt

That's the only point - not that "we should have been undefeated".

Lehigh Football Nation
July 17th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Ken_Z is my favorite PL poster, btw. No offense to others - you're all heroes of mine too. Ken just brings a little something extra to the table.

Without a doubt, Ken_Z is the best Bucknell poster on AGS. :D

Pard4Life
July 17th, 2006, 11:13 AM
The whole Lehigh situation has me nervous. Everyone is overlooking them because of the new coach and last year. This is still a good team, and I have them at 26/27 in my AGS poll. I know people on this thread are not overlooking them, but others will likely view this as only LC/CU.

Pards Rule
July 17th, 2006, 11:20 AM
No, I pretty much always have LU in the mix. They have too good a program not to.

Fordham
July 17th, 2006, 11:42 AM
hmmm, if Pard4 views these picks as overlooking LU, then I guess I can certainly see why a Lehigh fan would.

I guess I've just read (and voted) this thing as if I were in Vegas. The odds are that those 2 should be picked but no one in their right mind would be shocked by a Lehigh title run.

LBPop
July 17th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Nobody should be offended when someone picks any one of the "Big Three". We could all make a case for each team, but the question was to pick a champion. Unless you wimp out and pick Co-Champions, you gotta name one--that's not a slam at the other two.

Reminds me of a classic Jewish Mother joke. She gives her son two shirts for his birthday. He comes downstairs the next morning proudly wearing one of his new shirts. His mother says, "What's the matter, you didn't like the other one?" xlolx

colgate13
July 17th, 2006, 12:17 PM
No one's overlooking Lehigh. If anything, we're trying to knock them down off of their self-proclaimed pedestal a bit!

Pard4Life
July 17th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Who voted for HC? :confused: xlolx They have more votes than Fordham.

Lehigh74
July 17th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Mr 13 you totally misunderstood my post. I have great respect for the Colgate and Lafayette football programs. All I was saying is that Lehigh's talent level is as good as CU and LC otherwise, last year, we wouldn't have beaten Colgate and come within a few seconds of beating Lafayette. I believe the difference between the 3 programs the last few years was superior coaching at Colgate and Lafayette. Do you blame us Lehigh fans for hoping that the new coaching staff will make a difference and improve our chances of winning the league?

If you think about all the coaching changes Lehigh has had virtually every year, it is amazing that the program has been able to stay at a high level. There are a lot of pretty fair I-AA coaches that came out of the Lehigh program.

ngineer
July 17th, 2006, 11:00 PM

2004: Lost to the National Champions 14-13 (after a 7 play goal line stand at the one)
2005: Beat Harvard at Harvard 49-21 to end Crimson's undefeated streak
2005: Lost to Delaware at Delaware 34-33 in OT

Yes, two of the above three are losses, but they were by no means 'embarrassments' to the PL...Otherwise, what do we call Colgate's representation of the PL at UNH?:rolleyes:

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 17th, 2006, 11:37 PM
2004: Lost to the National Champions 14-13 (after a 7 play goal line stand at the one)
2005: Beat Harvard at Harvard 49-21 to end Crimson's undefeated streak
2005: Lost to Delaware at Delaware 34-33 in OT

Yes, two of the above three are losses, but they were by no means 'embarrassments' to the PL...Otherwise, what do we call Colgate's representation of the PL at UNH?:rolleyes:

Not to mention Colgates OOC losses to lowly CCSU and Dartmouth? Has Lehigh lost to a team with a losing record in the last 8 seasons? Towson in '02 is the only one that possibly comes to mind. Also Lehigh is 30-2 against the Ivy's in that spand, only two losses are to Penn. I would not trade Lehigh's season last year for the one Colgate or Lafayette had. Lehigh still returns more starters than either of them from a team that had the same record as Colgate and Lafayette.

cosmo here
July 18th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Not to mention Colgates OOC losses to lowly CCSU and Dartmouth? Has Lehigh lost to a team with a losing record in the last 8 seasons? Towson in '02 is the only one that possibly comes to mind. Also Lehigh is 30-2 against the Ivy's in that spand, only two losses are to Penn. I would not trade Lehigh's season last year for the one Colgate or Lafayette had. Lehigh still returns more starters than either of them from a team that had the same record as Colgate and Lafayette.

So you would rather lose to Lafayette, then watch Colgate and Lafayette in the I-AA Playoffs the last weekend in November while you sit on the couch ?

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM
So you would rather lose to Lafayette, then watch Colgate and Lafayette in the I-AA Playoffs the last weekend in November while you sit on the couch ?

Yea, I believe that one too cosmo!

My point was not that Lehigh is in any way embarrassing the PL, but that in the time frame of 2-3 years mentioned, Lehigh lacks that standout OOC or playoff win.

2003: Loss to Penn (Connecticut as a I-A doesn't really bother me - but a win would have helped!). No playoffs.
2004: Loss to Villanova. Loss to James Madison in playoffs.
2005: Loss to Delaware. No playoffs.

The 2005 Harvard win was nice, but not really anything too special when all was said and done.

I can't believe I'm really having this discussion. Aren't these types of results the reason why many wanted Lembo gone? :confused:

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yea, I believe that one too cosmo!

My point was not that Lehigh is in any way embarrassing the PL, but that in the time frame of 2-3 years mentioned, Lehigh lacks that standout OOC or playoff win.

2003: Loss to Penn (Connecticut as a I-A doesn't really bother me - but a win would have helped!). No playoffs.
2004: Loss to Villanova. Loss to James Madison in playoffs.
2005: Loss to Delaware. No playoffs.

The 2005 Harvard win was nice, but not really anything too special when all was said and done.

I can't believe I'm really having this discussion. Aren't these types of results the reason why many wanted Lembo gone? :confused:

Yeah I agree with cosmo and 13, I don't believe Lehigh Towel Owl would rather sit at home than go to the playoffs... which help recruiting and show your program has moxie.

Actually, in defense of Lehigh :rotateh: , that 2005 OOC win at Harvard ended the Crimson's 13-14 game winning streak. It was inevitable the streak was going to end last season, but to whom is the question. Lafayette certainly couldn't get it done.

13, does Colgate play Harvard in football every decade or so? I don't have my resources here to check...

Lafalumni29
July 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
All of this discussion is why I'm looking forward to the #3 pick in 13's preseason poll. I'm sure that will push this discussion into the smack room!! Can't wait! BTW, when we can we expect that to come out?

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 10:17 AM
13, does Colgate play Harvard in football every decade or so? I don't have my resources here to check...

We played 4 times in the 90s, but not in the 80s. Maybe in the 2010's will get at it again!

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM
All of this discussion is why I'm looking forward to the #3 pick in 13's preseason poll. I'm sure that will push this discussion into the smack room!! Can't wait! BTW, when we can we expect that to come out?

Now that's a classy avatar Lafalum29!

I've got to change mine soon.. something to reflect the coming season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM

I'm not a Lehigh grad, i'm a Temple grad, so while losing to Lafayette stings it doesn't really bother me as much as the other Lehigh fans on this site. It was the way they lost that was a little tough to take, although to be honest the HC and UD lost sucked more. I was trying to say that Lehigh was no more or less deserving of the playoffs than Colgate or Lafayette. I would deffinately take Lehigh's season last year over Colgate's. Losing to CCSU and Dartmouth as well as getting it's head handed to them by UNH would have made things very very ugly on South Mountain. I'll say it again in no way was Lafayette's of Colgates season any BETTER than that of Lehigh's last year. There was just wasn't room for 3 PL teams in the playoffs.

cosmo here
July 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not a Lehigh grad, i'm a Temple grad, so while losing to Lafayette stings it doesn't really bother me as much as the other Lehigh fans on this site. It was the way they lost that was a little tough to take, although to be honest the HC and UD lost sucked more. I was trying to say that Lehigh was no more or less deserving of the playoffs than Colgate or Lafayette. I would deffinately take Lehigh's season last year over Colgate's. Losing to CCSU and Dartmouth as well as getting it's head handed to them by UNH would have made things very very ugly on South Mountain. I'll say it again in no way was Lafayette's of Colgates season any BETTER than that of Lehigh's last year. There was just wasn't room for 3 PL teams in the playoffs.

Lehigh was much less deserving of the Playoffs than both Colgate and Lafayette . . Colgate won the automatic bid . . and Lafayette was co-champion with the win over Lehigh. As much as Lehigh would like to excuse their loss at home to Holy Cross since the field wasn't optimal, they still lost.

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Lehigh was much less deserving of the Playoffs than both Colgate and Lafayette . . Colgate won the automatic bid . . and Lafayette was co-champion with the win over Lehigh. As much as Lehigh would like to excuse their loss at home to Holy Cross since the field wasn't optimal, they still lost.

Very well put cosmo. Why did we even bother to try? Clearly Lehigh is the superior team in the PL. We should just all compete for second place.xcoffeex

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 12:40 PM
BTW, when we can we expect that to come out?

This week... if the AGS discussion can calm down for a bit to give me time to work on it!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 18th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I look at the body of work and to say a second place team is much less deserving can be decieving. Yes, Lehigh's loss to HC was tough to take not only because of the weather but Lehigh was driving and ready to put the game away when Borda broke his leg. After that it was all down hill. Unforutantely how things worked out a loss to say 2-8, 3-7 Dartmouth would have been "much better" than to a 6-5 Holy Cross. Colgate's 3 losses were much worse than Lehigh's, lucky for them 2 were OOC games.

cosmo here
July 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I look at the body of work and to say a second place team is much less deserving can be decieving. Yes, Lehigh's loss to HC was tough to take not only because of the weather but Lehigh was driving and ready to put the game away when Borda broke his leg. After that it was all down hill. Unforutantely how things worked out a loss to say 2-8, 3-7 Dartmouth would have been "much better" than to a 6-5 Holy Cross. Colgate's 3 losses were much worse than Lehigh's, lucky for them 2 were OOC games.

Lehigh was the third place team in the Patriot League. When is this going to stop :(

colgate13
July 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Colgate's 3 losses were much worse than Lehigh's, lucky for them 2 were OOC games.

The two losses of Colgate's that you are focusing on occured in the first 3 weeks of the year. After we found Scott and Saraceno settled in, we seemed to go on a pretty good run.

So basically, you're saying you would prefer a season that:

starts out with a lot of fanfare and lofty rankings
disappoints in a key OOC game
gets upset by a league foe that hasn't had a winning record in years
loses to an arch-rival
misses the playoffsto one that

starts out labeled as a rebuilding or 'down' year
surprises with a key OOC win
gets upset early in the season by two OOC opponets we 'should have' beat
beats an arch-rival
makes the playoffsYou're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think that's pretty wacked. :eek:

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 01:23 PM
And I might as well add Lafayette's resume...

Enter season with respectable expectations, getting votes

Defeat power conference team that made the playoffs

Maintain fustrating losing streak with OOC conference foes

Have close conference games, defeat arch-rival last game of the year

Make playoffs, nearly upset the to-be national champs, earn national respect

Fordham
July 18th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Holy crap! Why'd you get rid of Lembo if things were so good down there?!?

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 18th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Holy crap! Why'd you get rid of Lembo if things were so good down there?!?

We didn't get rid of Lembo, he left to go to Elon. However, with his teams tendency to choke games away late in the game as well as looking disinterested from time to time there was growing pressure from the alumni to possibly make a switch.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
The two losses of Colgate's that you are focusing on occured in the first 3 weeks of the year. After we found Scott and Saraceno settled in, we seemed to go on a pretty good run.

So basically, you're saying you would prefer a season that:

starts out with a lot of fanfare and lofty rankings
disappoints in a key OOC game
gets upset by a league foe that hasn't had a winning record in years
loses to an arch-rival
misses the playoffsto one that

starts out labeled as a rebuilding or 'down' year
surprises with a key OOC win
gets upset early in the season by two OOC opponets we 'should have' beat
beats an arch-rival
makes the playoffsYou're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think that's pretty wacked. :eek:

At this point Colgate should not have "rebuilding" years, just reloading years. Losing to Dartmouth and CCSU is worse than losing to HC last year no matter how you spin it. When was the last time Dartmouth had a winning record? I'm pretty Holy Cross has had one more recently than Dartmouth.

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, how sad you couldn't retain Lembo : smh : .. not like he would have been around after this year if the same events repeated themselves. Granted any program should be happy with 8wins, but do you think the alumni and admin of the 'Notre Dame of the PL' would tolerate it?

Pard4Life
July 18th, 2006, 02:46 PM
At this point Colgate should not have "rebuilding" years, just reloading years. Losing to Dartmouth and CCSU is worse than losing to HC last year no matter how you spin it. When was the last time Dartmouth had a winning record? I'm pretty Holy Cross has had one more recently than Dartmouth.

No it isn't... losing to Holy Cross is worse. A loss to HC would have kept CU out of the playoffs... and it's a reason why Lehigh missed... you should know that firsthand. :read:

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM
No it isn't... losing to Holy Cross is worse. A loss to HC would have kept CU out of the playoffs... and it's a reason why Lehigh missed... you should know that firsthand. :read:

I'm talking about the quality of opponent. HC was much better than Dartmouth and CCSU. I wish Lehigh had lost to Moravian that day because it guess it would be a better "loss". It's a matter of perspective.

LBPop
July 18th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Just for some perspective, I cannot wait for the day that we Georgetown fans can moan about 8-3 seasons. I think I'll just keep reading the posts on this thread while I enjoy a cup of coffee and an air conditioning system that is thankfully still pluggin' away. xcoffeex

I promise that when the world turns upside down, when the sun rises in the west and when Bucknell, Fordham, Holy Cross and Georgetown rule the Patriot League, I for one will not forget the lowly Raiders, Pards and Engineers (oops), I mean Mountain Hawks. ;)

DFW HOYA
July 18th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I promise that when the world turns upside down, when the sun rises in the west and when Bucknell, Fordham, Holy Cross and Georgetown rule the Patriot League, I for one will not forget the lowly Raiders, Pards and Engineers (oops), I mean Mountain Hawks. ;)

I think there's a good chance that Georgetown upsets one (but only one) of a list which includes Colgate, Lehigh, and Lafayette in 2006. Let the Morning Call and the Express News explain how THAT happened!

Go...gate
July 18th, 2006, 10:40 PM
All I know is that I can still remember when I rooted for Colgate to win a game, and I had to wait nearly two years for that. Let's us Red Raiders not get too big for our britches, shall we? :nono: The PL will be tough every game, as it should be. I believe there will be some major upsets.

Lafalumni29
July 19th, 2006, 09:15 AM
That's debateable. I doubt we would have put up 448 yards of offense on Dartmouth or CCSU like we did against HC. We didn't have that much offense against Marist!!
Only at Lehigh :bow: would someone argue that losing a league game is not as bad as losing OOC (couldn't resist). Quality of opponents don't matter until you win the league. Only after a league title, does that conversation begin. This is a meager attempt to discredit Colgate's year.

Fordham
July 19th, 2006, 09:32 AM
yeesh. I didn't vote for Fordham and we still had 3 votes. I know Joltin'Joe is one of them, but who are the other 2?

LBPop
July 19th, 2006, 01:59 PM
yeesh. I didn't vote for Fordham and we still had 3 votes. I know Joltin'Joe is one of them, but who are the other 2?

Probably Minion using two different IP addresses...xlolx