PDA

View Full Version : Does Robert Morris have ANY fans?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I know these early OOC games are generally tune ups for the regular season and some of them are just plain laughers but RMU is an FCS school. Do they have any fans we can banter with for a few days before they come to the sacrificial altar?

Anyone?

Apphole
August 27th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Who is Robert Morris? Is he some D-list celebrity? I think I saw him hosting some TruTV show recently.

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I think there is a few on here. Check the NEC week 1 pick ems.

rbostic278
August 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Yes they have fans but since GaState is moving to FBS they will all start rooting for them. O' my bad I'm thinking about Morris Brown,lol...LARGE MARKET!!!!!!!!!!

carney2
August 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Who is Robert Morris? Is he some D-list celebrity? I think I saw him hosting some TruTV show recently.

A serious response to a not so serious post - from Wikipedia:

Robert Morris, Jr. (January 20, 1734 – May 8, 1806) was a British-born American merchant, and signer of the Declaration of Independence, the Articles of Confederation, and the United States Constitution. He was elected to the Pennsylvania Assembly, became the Chairman of the Pennsylvania Committee of Safety, and was chosen as a delegate to the Second Continental Congress, where he served as chairman of the "Secret Committee of Trade" and as a member of the Committee of Correspondence.

From 1781 to 1784, he served as the powerful Superintendent of Finance, managing the economy of the fledgling United States. As the central civilian in the government, Morris was, next to General George Washington, "the most powerful man in America."[1] His successful administration led to the sobriquet, "Financier of the Revolution." At the same time he was Agent of Marine, a position he took without pay, and from which he controlled the Continental Navy.

He was one of Pennsylvania's original pair of US senators, serving from 1789 to 1795. Unwise land speculation right before the Panic of 1796–1797 led to his bankruptcy in 1798, and he spent several years in debtors' prison. After his release in 1801 he lived a quiet, private life in a modest home in Philadelphia, until 1806 when he died.

From a football standpoint, they don't have much tradition. They've only been around long enough to have had one coach, former Pitt All-American, Redskins great, and NY Jets head coach, Joe Walton. They are located in suburban Pittsburgh and have a high schoolish stadium that seats something like 3,000. There does not appear to be much hope for more than a handful of victories in 2012. I don't anticipate a lot of responses to this challenge for a verbal sparring match.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I just thought it was a little striking. How many FCS teams are there? We on this board appear to be a very vocal minority, albeit mostly for the most successful teams. There are just so many teams out there you never hear about.

Original_RMC
August 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I know these early OOC games are generally tune ups for the regular season and some of them are just plain laughers but RMU is an FCS school. Do they have any fans we can banter with for a few days before they come to the sacrificial altar?

Anyone?

I'm here and I will be at the game on Saturday too.

ndsubison
August 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Hey now! Don't you EVER be makin' fun of Morris Day. He gots The Time, ALL the time.

ndsubison
August 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks for making the trip and be sure to check out the tailgating while you're here. Best of luck and BisoNation hopes your experience is a good one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
These two met in the playoffs two years ago. RMU hung around for a half before running out of steam. That was a pretty darn good RMU team. Some of you need to brush up on FCS football...

Original_RMC
August 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thank you. I was hoping to be there for the 2010 playoff game but could not make due to a conflict with work.
I did watch the game online and listen to it on the radio and for about 3 quarters it was a great game. I'm hoping for another great game on Saturday.

Thank you for the invite...I will do my best to sneak away and walk around to enjoy the tailgating atmosphere.

ndsubison
August 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Thank you. I was hoping to be there for the 2010 playoff game but could not make due to a conflict with work.
I did watch the game online and listen to it on the radio and for about 3 quarters it was a great game. I'm hoping for another great game on Saturday.

Thank you for the invite...I will do my best to sneak away and walk around to enjoy the tailgating atmosphere.

I was not at the 2010 playoff game but heard it wasn't even a sell-out and the game-day atmosphere was less than top notch. I have no idea why. All of our home games are sold out for this year and enthusiasm is at an all time high in Fargo so this should be a memorable trip for you to see how we play football in North Dakota (Fargo, not Grand Forks btw). Bison Football. I am interested to see what kind of team RMU brings this year and how your program has progressed since we last met. Best of luck and see you on Game Day. GO BISON!!!

Gil Dobie
August 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
There was a good following during the playoff week in 2010. Good bunch of fans too.

Twentysix
August 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I was not at the 2010 playoff game but heard it wasn't even a sell-out and the game-day atmosphere was less than top notch. I have no idea why. All of our home games are sold out for this year and enthusiasm is at an all time high in Fargo so this should be a memorable trip for you to see how we play football in North Dakota (Fargo, not Grand Forks btw). Bison Football. I am interested to see what kind of team RMU brings this year and how your program has progressed since we last met. Best of luck and see you on Game Day. GO BISON!!!

The game was on Thanksgiving.

Vitojr130
August 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Awesome! Glad to see some RMU fans make the trip! I have yet to hear any bad things from people who are visiting (except some unhappy SDSU or UNI fans screaming obscentities after losing). Make sure to tailgate and pregame as much as you can!

Vitojr130
August 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM

I was in the band for that game and it was AT BEST around half capacity. I would have to say it was because of thanksgiving break and I can definitely say that most of the students went home... The atmosphere this time around will be absolutely crazy! I love it!

kdinva
August 27th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Who is Robert Morris?.

Coach Rocco knows.........

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/466639-russ-run-lifts-robert-morris-past-liberty-30-23

gotts
August 27th, 2012, 11:32 AM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28142-Any-fans-from-Robert-Morris-coming-to-the-game

They're looking for you!

Seriously though, good guys who will make your tailgating experience one you will not soon forget. If you have any doubts, ask any of the Lafayette fans who showed up last year!

HailSzczur
August 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I only know of Robert Morris as the team that scared the ***** out of us in the NCAA tourney a few years back when our coach tried to teach his starters a lesson and bench them.

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?28142-Any-fans-from-Robert-Morris-coming-to-the-game

They're looking for you!

Seriously though, good guys who will make your tailgating experience one you will not soon forget. If you have any doubts, ask any of the Lafayette fans who showed up last year!

Seconded. You won't go hungry or thirsty on the west lots.

cbarrier90
August 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I only know of Robert Morris as the team that scared the ***** out of us in the NCAA tourney a few years back when our coach tried to teach his starters a lesson and bench them.

The same RMU team ASU beat on the road that year...it's a shame they couldn't pull that off.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM

They're looking for you!

I had a chance to come out for the YSU game and absolutely loved it. You NDSU fans make for great hosts!! A Bison game in Fargo should be on any FCS fans bucket list! The Frisco Cruiser was indeed, the Frisco cruiser....

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I had a chance to come out for the YSU game and absolutely loved it. You NDSU fans make for great hosts!! A Bison game in Fargo should be on any FCS fans bucket list! The Frisco Cruiser was indeed, the Frisco cruiser....

Haha, not so much....I don't think that rig made or could make that trip.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Well....i'm sure if was there in spirit!!

frozennorth
August 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The game was on Thanksgiving.

with 4 days notice

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM
with 4 days notice

Was it really on Thanksgiving? I swore it was the Saturday after. I'm pretty sure the Lehigh-UNI game was the same day and I don't remember Lehigh playing on Turkey Day.

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Was it really on Thanksgiving? I swore it was the Saturday after. I'm pretty sure the Lehigh-UNI game was the same day and I don't remember Lehigh playing on Turkey Day.

I don't believe it was on turkey day, but it was the same holiday weekend with little notice to sell tickets. After the Mo State debacle, it was a mix of fans that actually thought NDSU would get the call also.

Twentysix
August 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Yes it was the saturday after, being that FM is not a metro of a million people, the holiday exodus has a drastic effect on the population of the city, this goes two fold or maybe even three fold for the student population.

moosbah
August 27th, 2012, 12:53 PM

You'll get a little good natured ribbing, but you'll be so busy being handed drinks and food you won't care. Always good to see the fans of other teams in our lot. WELCOME!

Vitojr130
August 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Yes it was the saturday after, being that FM is not a metro of a million people, the holiday exodus has a drastic effect on the population of the city, this goes two fold or maybe even three fold for the student population.

^This. It was that thanksgiving weekend and everyone went home for the holiday. Those who thought we would still be in the playoffs after the Mo St. debacle went home because we didn't expect a home game and those who had no faith went home as well. I came back for the game because I was one of the few in my friend group who didn't come from the cities area and the band needed me. The atmosphere was less than stellar. After our run in the playoffs that year showed NDSU is a serious contender, a lot more people were willing to stay for playoffs last year... And now the rest will be history. This opener should be just as loud as ever.

carney2
August 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
These two met in the playoffs two years ago. RMU hung around for a half before running out of steam. That was a pretty darn good RMU team. Some of you need to brush up on FCS football...

But this does not appear to be "a pretty darn good RMU team."

bisonwest
August 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM

Actually the 13k or so that showed made more noise than any other game that season. Nothing like Georgia Southern last year tho.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 27th, 2012, 06:40 PM
But this does not appear to be "a pretty darn good RMU team."

The Bison will 'roll' this year's RMU team.

Bison 45-3

Thundar
August 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
The Bison will 'roll' this year's RMU team.

Bison 45-3

I'm not so sure, I personally think with the youth of this team second and third string are going to get a lot of reps, Bohl isn't going to show much so I doubt there will be anything flashy

DetroitFlyer
August 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
RMU has great fans. Most are from The Burgh after all. Looking forward to hosting them at UD this year. I just hope at least 1000 fans come to UD.

ElonFirefighter
August 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM

Anyone?

I think the have a few fans in the locker room. It gets hot in there and you need to circulate some air.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 27th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm not so sure, I personally think with the youth of this team second and third string are going to get a lot of reps, Bohl isn't going to show much so I doubt there will be anything flashy

Our defense will smother this team. They were 2-9 last year and are picked 6th in the NEC.

Yes, our 2nds and 3rds will get some game time but we will 'roll' them....

HandoEX
August 27th, 2012, 09:31 PM

Who are you and what do you know about our bus? It's rusty, but it's trusty!

BisonFan02
August 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Who are you and what do you know about our bus? It's rusty, but it's trusty!

Just an innocent bystander. I think I remember reading over on BV about the cruiser not making the trip to Frisco and caught a little crap over the season (going off of memory, but who ended up with the flat on the way back from Brookings?). I'll try to roam around the tailgates more this year other than our area formally known as the grass and the Tolna bus on the way in.