PDA

View Full Version : Summer weight room.

Tribe4SF
July 14th, 2006, 02:03 PM
We had a thread last summer on training facilities. W&M has recently upgraded the equipment in their 5,000 sq. ft. weight room. Nice photo gallery of players working out this summer.

http://tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2006/wr06/

Ronbo
July 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Our new strength coach from Syracuse is pushing the guys so hard that some are puking. But he's got them doing huge weight and our linemen are getting big, very big.

7000 sq. feet

http://www.umt.edu/athletic_performance/gifs/photos/PICT0100.jpg

http://www.umt.edu/athletic_performance/gifs/photos/PICT0136.jpg

http://www.umt.edu/athletic_performance/gifs/photos/PICT0145.jpg

http://www.umt.edu/athletic_performance/gifs/photos/legdrive.jpg

kats89
July 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM
no new current pics of new weight facility yet, but here is a pic of the outside of the building. Hopefully they will have some pics of the inside soon since it is nearing completion. It overlooks the football field and sits between new baseball/softball complex and Bowers Stadium.

http://www.gobearkats.com/pics/wts_bigdirt_09.jpg

Umass74
July 14th, 2006, 02:56 PM
UMass opened a new 9,000 sq/ft weight room in 2003.

It's here (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/school-bio/facilities.html#weight)

Marcel Shipp says that it's better than the Cardinals facility. :)

bisonguy
July 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
NDSU's strength and conditioning coach has the team doing plenty of Olympic style lifts (afterall, he was previously at the U.S. Olympic Training Center) in NDSU's 9,000 square foot weight room (to be remodeled within the next couple years as part of the arena renovation).

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics7/0/WQ/WQXOCPNWRKEUIFZ.20040908214640.jpg

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics14/0/LU/LUZLUFOPHSROBKN.20040908214716.jpg

Tribe4SF
July 14th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Our new strength coach from Syracuse is pushing the guys so hard that some are puking. But he's got them doing huge weight and our linemen are getting big, very big.

7000 sq. feet

If you look at the photo gallery I linked above, you'll see pictures of "Rock". He's our strength coach, and is a Montana grad. Real name John Sauer. He's been at W&M for 18 years.

Ronbo
July 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
We had a transfer from Notre Dame that said the Griz had better training facilities. Some of the weight facilities above look like gyms full of eqipment, Montana's resembles a workout club.

polyfanman
July 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM
montana's looks like a workout club is an understatement ... that weight room is every die hard athlete or powerlifter's dream weight room.

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM

7000 sq. feet

For cryin out loud, we know this already! Isn't there a thread dedicated for this very topic! Everyone on AGS knows that the new strength coach for the griz is from syracuse and he is making every griz into the hulk.
:deadhorse:

Ronbo
July 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I think it's been mentioned twice, in weight rooms (relevant) and in a thread regrading your teams summer workouts (relevant).

Here we go with an 8th BSC school with a bunch of fans with Griz envy. You will really hate us after our game this year.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/nod.gif

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM
You will really hate us after our game this year.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/nod.gif

I don't have to wait until our game with you this year. I already hate grizz fans (not all ofcourse, just most). Arrogant folks they are. It's one of those things that you don't hate the team at all, in fact respect them deeply, but can't stand their fans.
As for the game in November, we've always played you very tough at your place and I think you'll find out that we are an even better team at home.

eagle1
July 14th, 2006, 04:37 PM
ncbears - I remember pointing this out in another thread to you about how Griz fans believe that eveything that the Griz have or posses is superior to anyone. Well ,this is just another thread to prove that claim. Just because it is the Griz weight room then it must be superior and all the other weight rooms of course look like gyms with equipment. Once you post something against their claim then they will throw the so-called Griz Envy claim that is literally their only way to defend themselves. Why must all these threads eventually be destroyed by this type of crap? Go Eagles!!!

MplsBison
July 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
We had a transfer from Notre Dame that said the Griz had better training facilities.

Perhaps better than the old facilities but the new training center ND opened in 2005 rivals any I-A team in the nation.

kats89
July 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM
Well so far from the Griz faithful we have learned that;

1. They already have one hand on the I-AA championship trophy for 2006.

2. All stores were told to stock up on winter gear because of a deep run in the playoffs.

3. The team is loaded.

4. Transfer QB is god and nobody will be able to stop him because he is 6-5,230 lbs

5. You have a strength coach from Syracuse that is making players throw up.

6. Your weight facility is better than Notre Dame's.

blah, blah,, blah, blah, Did I leave anything out? :eyebrow:

NCAA needs to just call the season and give up the trophy. OH BROTHER!:rolleyes:

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM

2. All stores were told to stock up on winter gear because of a deep run in the playoffs.

3. The team is loaded.

4. Transfer QB is god and nobody will be able to stop him because he is 6-5,230 lbs

NCAA needs to just call the season and give up the trophy. OH BROTHER!:rolleyes:

I don't think that's good enough for them. Bypass the 1A season, hand them the BCS trophy and you might as well bypass the NFL season and hand them the Lombardi trophy as well. Hail to the mighty Griz! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ronbo
July 14th, 2006, 07:54 PM
See the hate folks. No one else is getting this grief for posting about their programs. I guess if you have a nice stadium and facilities you can't post anything because BSC guys with less smack you. Geeze what is that? What's that all about? Oh, yeah, envy. It hard being a have not isn't it guys?

Get a clue, the off season is for talking up your team, your facilities, your town. That is unless you're embarrassed about them.

Griz Grunt
July 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
You (ncbears, eagle1 and kats89) have been on this board (and others) long enough to know that GRIZ fans are passionate about all aspects of their program, and with Ronbo that passion is (^10)! If posts by GRIZ fans aren't to your liking you should stop reading them, simple solution. No where in this thread did Ronbo, or any other Griz fan, attack or belittle another team/program, unlike you three. If your goal is to get into a p!ssing match I suggest you take it to the Smack Board.

ncbears
July 14th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I am not envious of the Montana Grizzlies and their is a huge difference between being passionate and being arrogant. Most griz fans I have come across on message boards fall into the arrogant catagorie. As much as I know about Youngstown fans, Georgia Southern fans of which their schools have won more titles then Montana, they are not nearly as arrogant as Montana fans.
Getting back to the subject, I would like to post summer workout area for us but it's not that great. We've really got to improve in that and I think we're in the process of upgraded our weight room.

Tailbone
July 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I am not envious of the Montana Grizzlies and their is a huge difference between being passionate and being arrogant. Most griz fans I have come across on message boards fall into the arrogant catagorie. As much as I know about Youngstown fans, Georgia Southern fans of which their schools have won more titles then Montana, they are not nearly as arrogant as Montana fans.

How's this for arrogance.....
I'm a Griz fan and I can spell "there" and "category". :D xlolx

Getting back to the subject, I would like to post summer workout area for us but it's not that great. We've really got to improve in that and I think we're in the process of upgraded our weight room

huh??? :confused:

English is a pretty simple language....you should try it sometime!

kats89
July 14th, 2006, 11:23 PM
You (ncbears, eagle1 and kats89) have been on this board (and others) long enough to know that GRIZ fans are passionate about all aspects of their program, and with Ronbo that passion is (^10)! If posts by GRIZ fans aren't to your liking you should stop reading them, simple solution. No where in this thread did Ronbo, or any other Griz fan, attack or belittle another team/program, unlike you three. If your goal is to get into a p!ssing match I suggest you take it to the Smack Board.

I think everyone is passionate about their programs and Montana has had their success for many years, but come on guys. :bang:

I have experienced the Montana thing and it was fun, great people, great atmosphere, but who really cares if your stores in Missoula were told to stock up on supplies because ya'll are gonna win the trophy. Doesn't have anything to do with hating your program or bashing it. I don't hate anyone. But, geez.:bang: Seems you are the one getting in the pissing match.

eagle1
July 14th, 2006, 11:35 PM
See what I mean even they think that their english is superior! xlolx This thread was started by a fan posting pictures of their teams weight rooms and you Griz fans (ronbo) stated that all the other schools weight rooms looked like gyms with equipment and the Griz weight room looked like a club. No one hates your school just the majority of your fans. How can I ignore threads when they are started by another team's fans and our soon hyjacked by some Griz fan boasting about how superior they are in the subject area. Believe you me, I have no interest in opening threads such as "Swogger is accepted into the fold" or "The bookstore was told to stock up for a national championship run". Are you guys actually blinded by maroon colored glasses and cannot see this crap when several others on this board can?

Back on topic: I was really impressed by NDSU's weight room. Go Eagles!!!

paytonlives
July 14th, 2006, 11:43 PM
See what I mean even they think that their english is superior! xlolx This thread was started by a fan posting pictures of their teams weight rooms and you Griz fans (ronbo) stated that all the other schools weight rooms looked like gyms with equipment and the Griz weight room looked like a club. No one hates your school just the majority of your fans. How can I ignore threads when they are started by another team's fans and our soon hijacked by some Griz fan boasting about how superior they are in the subject area. Believe you me, I have no interest in opening threads such as "Swogger is accepted into the fold" or "The bookstore was told to stock up for a national championship run". Are you guys actually blinded by maroon colored glasses and cannot see this crap when several others on this board can?

Not to be arrogant, but please eagle1 name ONE thing that EWU has that UM would really want?

YOU SAY ARROGANT I say CONFIDENT!!!

CrunchGriz
July 14th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Let's not extrapolate too much from a single Griz fan (Ronbo) and others who are not Griz fans, shall we?

Let's run this down:

This whole thread was started by a non-Griz fan. Many Griz fans chimed in and said that the season hasn't even started yet, so it's hard to choose the eventual champion now.

Ronbo.

3. The team is loaded.

On paper, this is true. It's only paper so far, though.

Many think he'll be good; I don't recall anyone calling him a god. ;)

Ronbo.

Ronbo.

As Griz fans, we have all come to know that Ronbo is as big a Griz fan as there is. That doesn't mean that his opinions are representative of the entire Griz fan base. He tends to see things with maroon-colored glasses. Personally, I like his optimism--that doesn't mean that he's right all the time (none of us are), and it doesn't mean he represents Griz fans as a whole.

Don't draw too many conclusions about any team or its fans from the postings of one or a few of its fans--too small a sample, don't your know.

Tailbone
July 15th, 2006, 12:02 AM
See what I mean (?)even they think (they even think)that their english is superior! (It's everybody's english)xlolx This thread was started by a fan posting pictures of their teams weight rooms and you Griz fans (ronbo)(Ronbo) stated that all the other schools weight rooms looked like gyms with equipment and the Griz weight room looked like a club. No one hates your school just the majority of your fans. How can I ignore threads when they are started by another team's fans and our (are)soon hyjacked (hijacked) by some Griz fan boasting about how superior they are in the subject area. Believe you me, I have no interest in opening threads such as "Swogger is accepted into the fold" or "The bookstore was told to stock up for a national championship run". (then don't!) Are you guys actually blinded by maroon colored glasses and cannot see this crap when several others on this board can?
Blinded? .....by glasses? .....and now we can't see? sheesh. :bang:

Are you, Katz89 and UNC bears classmates - or did you just go to different schools together?

Griz Grunt
July 15th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I think everyone is passionate about their programs and Montana has had their success for many years, but come on guys. :bang:

I have experienced the Montana thing and it was fun, great people, great atmosphere, but who really cares if your stores in Missoula were told to stock up on supplies because ya'll are gonna win the trophy. Doesn't have anything to do with hating your program or bashing it. I don't hate anyone. But, geez.:bang: Seems you are the one getting in the pissing match.

Again, if you don't like what Griz fans post then take a break from your head banging, the problem is easily remedied - stop reading them. To continue complaining about something you have a remedy/solution for is the definition of being pissy.

Tailbone
July 15th, 2006, 12:06 AM
.......that doesn't mean that he's right all the time (none of us are).......

I am.

GrizFoo
July 15th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I've got to agree with some of the disgust from other teams fans. Give it a rest Ronbo, no offense meant at all. But it does sound like "Well, my dad can beat up your dad." And does cause me to blush a bit at times.

I've seen how our new strength coach is getting the team huge all over the place, reminding everyone at every chance is even getting on my nerves. Don't take it personally Ronbo, I don't mean to single you out.

The facts are, UM has some nice facilities, as do a lot of other I-AA schools. We are proud of them, as other teams/fans/alumns should be proud of what they have. As fans we are all excited for this season, as it should be. The post on the book store stock recommendations was just a post of some news, and although I would have refrained from spreading that around, to each their own.

As for some other team's fans, why is it you always pick out these type posts from one or two guys and use them to make blanket judgements of all Griz fans. That is so ridiculous. I suppose all asians are math geniuses, white guys are all slow and can't jump, and black people are all good at basket ball. Give me a break.

Back on TOPIC. Those are some nice weight rooms, and pretty cool that W&M has a UM grad pumping your guys up. How many students go to W&M, out of curiosity.

eagle1
July 15th, 2006, 01:11 AM
Five straight posts by Griz fans and only 2 that are not sharing Ronbo's superiority complex. Paytonlives, the only thing that I would like from the Griz program is the stadium. You can keep your team, coaches, fans and arrogant attitude. Tailbone, congratulations on your English degree. Maybe you can actually see through maroon colored glasses. Griz Grunt, this thread started out to not be about the Griz but Ronbo started in with his comments and I wanted to respond. Once again, the Griz fans have taken a thread about others in I-AA and with their comments have made it about them and how superior they are to the rest of us. Crunch Griz, I appreciate your non-biased posts and you seem to treat others fairly. Griz Foo, thanks for seeing what the rest of us are talking about. I am done with this thread until it gets back on topic with pics of other programs weight rooms. Damn! I wish the season would get here. Go Eagles!!!

Ronbo
July 15th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Don't fool yourself Eagle, every Griz fan thinks we are superior to directional schools that were JC's or D-II just a few years ago. Some are up front and honest and others pretend that you are equals. Our peers have moved on except MSU, Weber State, and Idaho State. Sorry I'm so bluntly honest about it. Northern Colorado is the Towson of the BSC. Every Griz fan knows and hates how the Big Sky has lost respect and status because it's been so dumbed down by D-II schools.

GrizFoo
July 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM
NO Ronbo, every Griz fan does not think that way. You just lumped all Griz fans together and lumped all directional schools together. And somehow are labeling them as the jock holders of the Griz. That is complete B.S.

Also, just because Weber has STATE after it doesn't mean squat. WEBER is not a state, so what is a Weber State, and how are they superior to EWU? Weber has a good year, and I happened to be calling them pretty good before they played the Griz, by the way, and now somehow they are a football powerhouse in some peoples minds. EWU has been, and will continue to be more of a threat in football than Weber. Sure Weber may sneak in one year, but give me a break.

But it isn't about Weber or directions or the watered down BSC, it is about people who think the Griz are, or are so despirate to have them be superior to other teams that they need everything to be about the Griz and they need everyone to acknoledge thru praise how great the Griz are.

I do think the Griz are and have been a great team with a lot going for them in I-AA, but they certainly don't have a corner on the market of good things.

Assuming your statement was complete smack instead...then it was funny.

Ronbo
July 15th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Weber State is a long standing member of the Big Sky with fabulous facilities, their basketball arena is second to none. Their football stadium is second only to ours. They've been associated with Montana since the early 60's and I believe they were charter members of the Big Sky.

Yes I should have said most Griz fans instead of all. There are jokers like you that don't care how dumbed down we get and would accept C. Washington, Western Washington, and God awful Southern Utah with open arms and pretend they were our equals. How long before Carroll and Montana Tech are invited to the Big Sky?

GrizFoo
July 15th, 2006, 02:41 PM
There you go Ronbo, attacking me because I don't think like you. Bizarro AZ is my nickname for you.

I don't get how you think I don't think the BSC is watered down. But it ain't watered down by EWU. They have been a team to contend with for a long time. Weber, does have nice facilities, but nice facilities doesn't win you games. And you bragging about UM and putting down other I-AA schools in the same breath is weak. Move the Griz to the WAC as far as I'm concerned, I like competition and am not obsessed with have the best stadium, I'm more concerned with the product put out on the field/court.

Seriously, what does our new strength coach have to do with W&M new weight room? Maybe you could have actually acknowledged that it was nice instead of going into some speal about how big the Griz now are because of a new staff.

But keep doing what you are doing, and attacking everyone who doesn't think the way you do. Keep thinking the Griz are the only team in I-AA that is worth talking about on a I-AA football message board.

ncbears
July 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Don't fool yourself Eagle, every Griz fan thinks we are superior to directional schools that were JC's or D-II just a few years ago. Some are up front and honest and others pretend that you are equals. Our peers have moved on except MSU, Weber State, and Idaho State. Sorry I'm so bluntly honest about it. Northern Colorado is the Towson of the BSC. Every Griz fan knows and hates how the Big Sky has lost respect and status because it's been so dumbed down by D-II schools.

You're a complete idiot. Do you have any friends?

skinny_uncle
July 15th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Back to the original point of the topic:
SIU has a realtively new facility called Trout-Wittman (after the donors who made it possible).
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/galleries/TW_101305/weightroom2-lg.jpg
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/galleries/TW_101305/weightroom-lg.jpg

Chi Panther
July 15th, 2006, 07:38 PM
This is in the works....

http://www.library.uni.edu/speccoll/bh/bhhumanperf.html

ButlerGSU
July 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Most Griz fans seem to be really great people, I think he was just trying to share with everyone some pictures of their new facility. Everyone is always proud of new facilities - heck I'm sure there will be some pictures posted of the new Bishop building at Paulson when it's completed. The Griz weight room looks great and very similar to Iron works at GSU.

Ronbo
July 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM
There you go Ronbo, attacking me because I don't think like you. Bizarro AZ is my nickname for you.

I don't get how you think I don't think the BSC is watered down. But it ain't watered down by EWU. They have been a team to contend with for a long time. Weber, does have nice facilities, but nice facilities doesn't win you games. And you bragging about UM and putting down other I-AA schools in the same breath is weak. Move the Griz to the WAC as far as I'm concerned, I like competition and am not obsessed with have the best stadium, I'm more concerned with the product put out on the field/court.

Seriously, what does our new strength coach have to do with W&M new weight room? Maybe you could have actually acknowledged that it was nice instead of going into some speal about how big the Griz now are because of a new staff.

But keep doing what you are doing, and attacking everyone who doesn't think the way you do. Keep thinking the Griz are the only team in I-AA that is worth talking about on a I-AA football message board.

Hey Foo,

I'm the one that got smacked and attacked for posting pics. They deserved all the come back they got. EWU is inconsistant. They will be lucky to get 4th this year. They had their shot and blew it. As for UNC, I see them as a doormat for some time to come.

MplsBison
July 15th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Didn't UNC play the Griz pretty respectable in 2002, back when they had 36 scholarships?

Then, of course, NDSU beat UM in Missoula the next season.

I guess if you want to beat the griz you need to lower your scholarships.

ncbears
July 15th, 2006, 11:09 PM
We did play them respectible in 2002 when we were d2, tied in the 4th quarter and then in 2004 when we only had 2 wins we were pretty close throughout the entire game, yet no respect from most Grizz fans, especially Ronbo. Wait until they come to Nottingham Field. We play very well at home. Even if we do win against the Grizz in November I don't think we'll get respect from Ronbo. He's just a jackass.

Ronbo
July 16th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I have been a little harsh on UNC but I haven't sunk to any name calling. Sac State plays us close sometimes too but is still something like 0-10 against the Griz since joining the BSC. Relax a bit NCBears, nobody is seriously smacking UNC yet. As a newbie you should grow some thick skin and have some fun. Sac. State fans are pretty good sports. There are many excited fans crowing about their teams, campuses, and facilities in the summer. That's what we do. Don't attack unless you're prepared to get smacked back. It's all fun and you shouldn't take it so serious. You're going to need some thick skin in the Big Sky and when your team goes to the playoffs year in and year out you can crow some too. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Wmbgskip
July 16th, 2006, 08:18 AM
W&M has about 5,700 undergrads, and about 1,800 grad students.

--Skip

Tribe4SF
July 16th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Glad we're back on topic. The link below leads to good information on the state of athletic training these days. Click the link on "programs" and you can find the workout schedule for incoming freshmen for football. The exercise techniques link is also interesting.

http://www.wm.edu/speedstrength/

parr90
July 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
We had a transfer from Notre Dame that said the Griz had better training facilities. Some of the weight facilities above look like gyms full of eqipment, Montana's resembles a workout club.

Looks like a high school gym to me!

Ronbo
July 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Parr aren't you the guy that told us our stadium looked like a HS stadium? LOL

Tribe4SF
July 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Griz and other egos aside, the total approach to training taken today is responsible for the development of the extraordinary athletes we see on the field. In addition to the development of facilities and truly professional coaching, the players who do all the work must be appreciated. The best facilities in the world mean nothing without motivated student-athletes.

GrizFoo
July 16th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Looks like a high school gym to me!

That is pushing it parr, smack section --->.

I'm with you tribe, there are rural schools in MT where the MT stereotype actually comes close. Where kids are training on dirt tracks and lifting and jumping hay bales, yet become excellent athletes. And then you have the "farm boys" working their azz off doing "chores" while rarely if ever lifting in a nice training facility if any at all who are complete beasts and are strong as an ox (or from some song I keep hearing that is pretty good "100 black mules down in Mexico")
It isn't what you are working out with externally, but what you are working out with internally that motivates you.

GeauxLions94
July 17th, 2006, 10:58 AM
no new current pics of new weight facility yet, but here is a pic of the outside of the building. Hopefully they will have some pics of the inside soon since it is nearing completion. It overlooks the football field and sits between new baseball/softball complex and Bowers Stadium.

http://www.gobearkats.com/pics/wts_bigdirt_09.jpg

Saw it back during baseball. Schweet! :thumbsup: