PDA

View Full Version : GOTW For Week 1 - Football Gameplan Video Vote

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Select which game you'd like to see a video production made for AGS by Football Gameplan.

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Go Furman beat Sammy!!!!!!!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Three way tie for the final two spots so I flipped a coin and UM vs. USD lost so there are your three choices.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Here's the link to the nominations thread since it's closed and will fall down the thrread list.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?113572-Game-of-The-Week-Nominations-for-WEEK-1

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Three way tie for the final two spots so I flipped a coin and UM vs. USD lost so there are your three choices.

Thanks for that mate, I appreciate your integrity ;) The Griz will light that poll up with votes next week though!

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Samford promo video for the game vs. Furman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSILiCoGwt8

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Highlights of the last time FU and. Samford met in Alabama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVTfi8FBlOA

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Paladins will be out for blood after last years debacle in Gville, man that game sucked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVe6qUAi9RE

Twentysix
August 22nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
wow none of them.

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
wow none of them.

Says the guy who's team plays Robert Morris

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hey FCS fans, I am going to up the ante a bit, if Furman at Samford wins this poll and the Paladins lose the game, I will change my name to FurmanLoses!! for the remainder of the season, now that should be a little consolation for you ;)

77SU
August 22nd, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hey FCS fans, I am going to up the ante a bit, if Furman at Samford wins this poll and the Paladins lose the game, I will change my name to FurmanLoses!! for the remainder of the season, now that should be a little consolation for you ;)
We will do all we can to help you with your future name change!

BluBengal07
August 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
i stay late on this events here. lol

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Whoa! We got us one hell of a race going on already here boys! Good work. Good work getting involved and voting.

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
We will do all we can to help you with your future name change!

Haha cool, my name could certainly be hanging in the balance ;) It will be put to the ultimate test if our game wins this poll!!

GATA_Eagles
August 22nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Furman at Samford should be a good one

Sader87
August 22nd, 2012, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX9x4_aY0rw&feature=player_embedded

Give another hoiah and a chu chu rah rah for Holy Cross!!!!

blackfordpu
August 22nd, 2012, 08:57 PM
Furman @ Samford

ursus arctos horribilis
August 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM
Haha cool, my name could certainly be hanging in the balance ;) It will be put to the ultimate test if our game wins this poll!!

Name changes are at my discretion and we don't do it willy nilly so let's go with a sig & avatar thing and leave me out of it.xthumbsupx

FurmanWins!!
August 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Name changes are at my discretion and we don't do it willy nilly so let's go with a sig & avatar thing and leave me out of it.xthumbsupx

Fair enough we will leave you out of it mate but I was willing to do it though haha :)

I can always go with a big fat avatar that says Furmanloses!!

And if the apps, eagles ect. ect. of the world have any suggestions of a sig, perhaps furple pansies blow or something of the sort I will add that as my sig ;)

But first things first and the Furple vs. Sammy game has to win this poll, got a pretty close race going on right now!

superman7515
August 22nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Well hell, all you guys are giving highlights from past years and promo's... I'm bringing the actual game, Back to the Future style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSypDD-qq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSP_BWeRUKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM2Pq9EVVV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRX8-IXRY3A

crusader11
August 22nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_wO10cJZAc

HailSzczur
August 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
I know it's a video game, but EA didn't do a very good job getting the TSU cheerleaders very accurate, they were just a tad fairer skinned than this
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18958_267815333427_776005_n.jpg

FUGameBreaker
August 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=superman7515;1829051]Well hell, all you guys are giving highlights from past years and promo's... I'm bringing the actual game, Back to the Future style...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSypDD-qq4

you got an fu vs samford sim by any chance? :)

Twentysix
August 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Says the guy who's team plays Robert Morris

Hey man, our game sucks too. But so do all of these.

UNH at Holy Cross is probably the lesser of the 3 evils.

Of course I would have picked the battle of the directional Illinois. Or EWU @ Idaho since both teams play FCS calibur football.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM

Of course I would have picked the battle of the directional Illinois. Or EWU @ Idaho since both teams play FCS calibur football.

Winner of the Furman @ Sammy game becomes a contender in the SoCon in my opinion, which makes it a better and more important game than UNH @ Holy Cow

MSUBobcat
August 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
Winner of the Furman @ Sammy game becomes a contender in the SoCon in my opinion, which makes it a better and more important game than UNH @ Holy Cow

xconfusedxxconfusedx I thought there was a whole thread where you explain how Furman is going to DOMINATE the SoCon. Now the winner of this game becomes "a contender"? I'm lost. Since I voted before reading this comment, I figured the Gameplan Video would just be a love-fest for Furman telling us how badly they were going to stomp a mudhole into Sammy xasswhipx, so I voted UNH v HC. xcoolx

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
xconfusedxxconfusedx I thought there was a whole thread where you explain how Furman is going to DOMINATE the SoCon. Now the winner of this game becomes "a contender"? I'm lost. Since I voted before reading this comment, I figured the Gameplan Video would just be a love-fest for Furman telling us how badly they were going to stomp a mudhole into Sammy xasswhipx, so I voted UNH v HC. xcoolx

Today is my day for being nice ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM

26 what is it with you lately? I mean I could be wrong but I think you did this same thing on the music thread in that you don't get involved or nominate anything and then take shots at the ones that were?

You're a great poster and I'd love to see more people put their two cents other than to just come in and chop away at the people that did take the time to participate in it. More participation, more gooder.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
I have voted. I won't tell for who.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I have voted. I won't tell for who.It's public so I'm gonna go check!

Wow, up for a day and almost 60 votes. Very happy to you slap asses finally doing something on the polls around here!

Twentysix
August 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
26 what is it with you lately? I mean I could be wrong but I think you did this same thing on the music thread in that you don't get involved or nominate anything and then take shots at the ones that were?

You're a great poster and I'd love to see more people put their two cents other than to just come in and chop away at the people that did take the time to participate in it. More participation, more gooder.

I voted both here and in the music thread. I still think they aren't the 100% best choices.

SIU @ EIU would be my top choice.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
I voted both here and in the music thread. I still think they aren't the 100% best choices.

Are any fans of those teams here, why no nomination?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM

Yeah that's a good one. I thought the UM/USD was good too but this is because of our associations with proximity and unfortunately those games didn't get the nominations/seconds to put them into this poll.

Thanks for voting in them man, I guess I just took your post wrong cuz it seemed sort of pissy in the "I'm not playing" sort of way. My bad.:)

Twentysix
August 23rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah that's a good one. I thought the UM/USD was good too but this is because of our associations with proximity and unfortunately those games didn't get the nominations/seconds to put them into this poll.

Thanks for voting in them man, I guess I just took your post wrong cuz it seemed sort of pissy in the "I'm not playing" sort of way. My bad.:)

EIU SIU and USD UM would have been tied I guess, I didn't even think about the yotes griz game.

Twentysix
August 23rd, 2012, 01:04 PM

SIU has quite a few fans on this site. They sucked 2 years in a row so they disappeared like chattatown.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM

There are some of each here but neither has a big presence. Your point is dead on though. This is for AGS and the posters here get to make the choice each week and if they don't make it then tough ****.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
EIU SIU and USD UM would have been tied I guess, I didn't even think about the yotes griz game.

Hell I nominated Griz/Yotes and it tied with a couple of others and left it's fate in someone else's hands and was left out so not a thing can be done about that.

Be ready for the Week 2 nominations that will start this Sunday and run through Wed. at noon and get the proper nominations in.

OLDMAIN80
August 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Bulldogs over the Furples

Twentysix
August 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hell I nominated Griz/Yotes and it tied with a couple of others and left it's fate in someone else's hands and was left out so not a thing can be done about that.

Be ready for the Week 2 nominations that will start this Sunday and run through Wed. at noon and get the proper nominations in.

Yeah, I don't have the time to troll the forum like I used to. 19 credits and working in the Archaeology lab. :\

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Had to go with UNH-HC.; Old New England rivals, both teams should be battling for the playoffs this year, had a classic 38-32 shoout-out last season.

SU DOG
August 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Bulldogs over the Furples

I like the way this Terrier guy(Is it 512 miles from Wofford?) thinks.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
SIU has quite a few fans on this site. They sucked 2 years in a row so they disappeared like chattatown.

Haha!!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Look at that battle! This is what things could be around here man...not even up for one day and almost 70 votes. I don't know if you can tell, but that makes me f'n happy.

moosbah
August 23rd, 2012, 02:29 PM
UNH v HC..........because I am hoping a hockey game breaks out.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Look at that battle! This is what things could be around here man...not even up for one day and almost 70 votes. I don't know if you can tell, but that makes me f'n happy.

The yankees won the last war, by zeus they won't win this one.

Apphole
August 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Who's in charge of all the McNeese State elimination game fake accounts? I'd like to use them temporarily to vote for Sammy/Furple.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Who's in charge of all the McNeese State elimination game fake accounts? I'd like to use them temporarily to vote for Sammy/Furple.

They aren't fake accounts and we don't need to start that argument up in here.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM

App has my vote next week, not that you will need it lol ;) Question is will you get the chance to be receiving the vote from Furmanwins!! or the one also known as (aka Furmanloses!!) ???

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Lz6-elbsY

Saders aren't going down without a fight.....even if we don't have scholarships back, yet.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
At 6:30pm today the score was 43-36 in favor of Furple, now I come back at 10:30pm and the score is 55-50 in favor of Holy Cow?? Interesting I guess??

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Power of the Union FW.....

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Power of the Union FW.....

Yeah maybe, hope so at least?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah maybe, hope so at least?

Ok, I went and looked at the votes and see what you are implying now. I will verify these voters and if they are not legit they are done here.

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
In all honesty (personal bias aside) this really shouldn't even be close.

UNH at HC has one team (UNH) most rank in the Top 15 or so, another that most think will be Lehigh's stiffest challenge for the PL crown this year. The game is being played on August 30th kicking off the football season. It's also being played at night (Fitton's 2nd ever game under the lights) probably before a crowd in the 15-20K range.

While Furman at Samford is a nice SoCon opener, it doesn't really match the hype/pagaentry of the UNH@HC tilt.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
In all honesty (personal bias aside) this really shouldn't even be close.

UNH at HC has one team (UNH) most rank in the Top 15 or so, another that most think will be Lehigh's stiffest challenge for the PL crown this year. The game is being played on August 30th kicking off the football season. It's also being played at night (Fitton's 2nd ever game under the lights) probably before a crowd in the 15-20K range.

While Furman at Samford is a nice SoCon opener, it doesn't really match the hype/pagaentry of the UNH@HC tilt.

In all honesty I disagree, the Patriot league has always been weak, just a fact.

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 10:47 PM
FW what exactly makes the Furman-Samford game so great?

Its being played on Sept 1st...at a venue that was hosting D3 games not all that long ago. Just sayin'....

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
FW what exactly makes the Furman-Samford game so great?

Its being played on Sept 1st...at a venue that was hosting D3 games not all that long ago. Just sayin'....

Simmer down brotha, lets just agree to disagree, you like the HC game and I like ours, makes sense to me.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Evidence of something fishy, checked the holy cross message board and some dude named tim1980 says and I quote:

"OK voted twice now but we really need UNH fans to help out!"
http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33744/2359748

Oh snap this is getting serious Lol!! :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
In all honesty I disagree, the Patriot league has always been weak, just a fact.

Holy Cross has fielded teams that would have beaten any Paladin squad over the last 30 years, FU title teams included. Lehigh and Colgate have also had elite teams over the last 15 years.

UNH and HC is a big time OOC game. The Wildcats have been a beeter team than Furman the last few years, likewise with HC and Samford.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Link to UNH message board post on this topic, a whooping 2 UNH fans talking about it not really much to read, doubt many votes are coming from there:

http://unhwildcats.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=unhanda10football&action=display&thread=843

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:08 PM
Holy Cross has fielded teams that would have beaten any Paladin squad over the last 30 years, FU title teams included. Lehigh and Colgate have also had elite teams over the last 15 years.

UNH and HC is a big time OOC game. The Wildcats have been a beeter team than Furman the last few years, likewise with HC and Samford.

Hahaaaaaaa, I really like your sense of humor!!!!!!!

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Which only shows you that HC, though it's been dormant during the non-scholarship era, has one of the potentially strongest followings in all of FCS football.

When HC is good (or potentially good...like this year) and has a good opponent at Fitton, fans turn out. There will probably be 3 times as many people (15-18K) at the UNH@HC game than at the Furman@Samford (5-6K) game.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
Furman vs Lehigh - All Time 3-0

Dec 08, 2001 AT Furman Lehigh (W) 34 - 17 Division 1 - AA - Quarterfinals

Remember that one, that was a fun game!!

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
Which only shows you that HC, though it's been dormant during the non-scholarship era, has one of the potentially strongest followings in all of FCS football.

When HC is good (or potentially good...like this year) and has a good opponent at Fitton, fans turn out. There will probably be 3 times as many people (15-18K) at the UNH@HC game than at the Furman@Samford (5-6K) game.

Holy Cross average attendance last season was 6,607 lol!!!!!!!

You patriot guys think your teams belong in the NFL I think :)

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
PS. last season Samford averaged- 7,321

And FU averaged- 10,594

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Furman vs Lehigh - All Time 3-0

Dec 08, 2001 AT Furman Lehigh (W) 34 - 17 Division 1 - AA - Quarterfinals

Remember that one, that was a fun game!!

I do remember it, Furman was without Ivory, Lehigh didnt have their AA wr, but your QB put on a clinic. Furman went to the title game that year. Lehigh still finished #5.

Furman is a team that would be a great home and home opponent.

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Admittedly the HC fan-base has never "bought into" the PL games....the UMass game at Fitton last year had 16K and most of those were HC/Worcester fans. Weather permitting the same-sized crowd will come out for the UNH game.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I do remember it, Furman was without Ivory, Lehigh didnt have their AA wr, but your QB put on a clinic. Furman went to the title game that year. Lehigh still finished #5.

Furman is a team that would be a great home and home opponent.

Now that I agree with, tell your AD to give us a call, apparently UNCC just dropped us from a 2 year contract, something about being scared! ;)

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:31 PM
Admittedly the HC fan-base has never "bought into" the PL games....the UMass game at Fitton last year had 16K and most of those were HC/Worcester fans. Weather permitting the same-sized crowd will come out for the UNH game.

Hard to say, Umass has a solid fan base average 13,005

UNH averaged 7,734 last year and only had 8,300 for the Holy Cross game last year, I doubt they will travel well.

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Side-bet FW...the UNH-HC game will triple the attendence of Furman-Samford? Lobster roll vs whatever they serve in Greenville?

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Triple??

Okay I will take that all day :)

So you're telling me you really think that if Samford and FU only get 7,000 that Holy Cross will get 21,000???

Dude???

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 23rd, 2012, 11:43 PM
Side-bet FW...the UNH-HC game will triple the attendence of Furman-Samford? Lobster roll vs whatever they serve in Greenville?

Triple? That's bold. I can see 15k at Fitton.

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
Samford holds about 6,000....I like my chances.

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Samford holds about 6,000....I like my chances.

You did see my earlier post where I said Samford average attendance last season was 7,321 right? They have grass banks that are not included in the capacity, unlike Wofford haha ;)

Sader87
August 23rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
That's fine...what's the delicacy of choice in Greenville btw?

FurmanWins!!
August 23rd, 2012, 11:58 PM
That's fine...what's the delicacy of choice in Greenville btw?

Haha well I could tell you but I doubt you would want it, its BBQ :)

Carolina Gold Barbecue
South Carolina has a legitimate claim as the barbecue capital of the world. After all, the state is the only one in the union that embraces all four major sauces: vinegar, light tomato, heavy tomato and mustard. A by-product of German immigrant cuisine, “Carolina Gold”, as South Carolina’s unusual mustard sauce is otherwise known, is unlike any other barbecue application in America.

How about if you win I get you a couple Omaha Steaks?

Sader87
August 24th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Carolina BBQ sounds good...I'll wait on the Omaha steaks when we have a full scholarship team and beat Nebraska (in Lincoln).

FurmanWins!!
August 24th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Carolina BBQ sounds good...I'll wait on the Omaha steaks when we have a full scholarship team and beat Nebraska (in Lincoln).

Alright you're on my friend!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I regret to inform the good UNH and Holy Cross fans that have played this game with integrity that this game is under review and will likely end in a forfeit due to the actions of at least one fan who has voted 20 plus times.

This is really regrettable because it was such a great competition before the cheating started.

The user that did this is the one to blame and all votes from both sides will reviewed tomorrow and if any cheating is found from the other game up for the GOTW then that game will be taken off the board as well.

The users IP was banned, all of his/her accounts will be deleted tomorrow as will anyone else's that has pulled this stunt.

WrenFGun
August 24th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I regret to inform the good UNH and Holy Cross fans that have played this game with integrity that this game is under review and will likely end in a forfeit due to the actions of at least one fan who has voted 20 plus times.

This is really regrettable because it was such a great competition before the cheating started.

The user that did this is the one to blame and all votes from both sides will reviewed tomorrow and if any cheating is found from the other game up for the GOTW then that game will be taken off the board as well.

The users IP was banned, all of his/her accounts will be deleted tomorrow as will anyone else's that has pulled this stunt.

Jesus that is outrageous. Wasn't me!

813Jag
August 24th, 2012, 07:19 AM

Do people even know how to play games here xmadx

superman7515
August 24th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Well I'll be d@mned, FAMU vs Tennessee State pulls off an upset with only two votes, haha.

813Jag
August 24th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well I'll be d@mned, FAMU vs Tennessee State pulls off an upset with only two votes, haha.
I was one xlolx

Sader87
August 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
That's a shame....all I did was posted at Crossports that people should vote here to help the cause.

MTfan4life
August 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Did we consider that this user could have had a slumber party recently and GOTW on AGS was the gossip of the night? No one would have brought his or her computers so they figured they'd just all vote on one. So in result this fans only mistake was being too popular? :p

CrusaderBob
August 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Not to be too much of a lawyer here, but this seems rather harsh. Where are the rules that say we only get one vote? I'm sure that was the intent but, c'mon, it's an internet message board poll.

I'm frequently guilty of stuffing internet voting ballot boxes, and to be honest, tried to do the same here and but in the 5 minutes I was able to spend looking, could not find the cookie to clear to enable me to vote more than once, so I figured it was a pretty tight system.

The fact that someone did figure out how to do it ... sure discount the votes ... but to ban the guy and forfeit the competition for the other fans who did vote and and one like Sader 87 who's been driving traffic to the site from 2 message boards well, just doesn't seem right.

If you wanted one vote per registered member, at least say so before you blow the whole thing up!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Not to be too much of a lawyer here, but this seems rather harsh. Where are the rules that say we only get one vote? I'm sure that was the intent but, c'mon, it's an internet message board poll.

I'm frequently guilty of stuffing internet voting ballot boxes, and to be honest, tried to do the same here and but in the 5 minutes I was able to spend looking, could not find the cookie to clear to enable me to vote more than once, so I figured it was a pretty tight system.

If you wanted one vote per registered member, at least say so before you blow the whole thing up!

Hey Bob don't worry about being too much of a lawyer on it cuz it doesn't matter but I will answer your question in where it says you can only have one vote.

It's a long standing rule that you can only have one account...therefore one vote per user.

Now if someone wanted to create a second account they usually have the good sense to pm the admin/me before doing so. Not doing that, and creating over 20 accounts for the purpose of trying to win this thing and skew the result by cheating...on these threads, is a very poor decision.

I'm not gonna make a list of rules like "you can not create a bunch of new accounts to vote in this game". A common decency and a just a smidgen of fairness makes all those silly rules obsolete. We all realize this is a message board and I'm not sure how that comes into play in ay way. It's a way to have conversations and if you are having a conversation with a liar and you knew they were lying to you and you call them out on it is it a good defense in your opinion to say "come on man, we're just having a conversation here, don't take it so seriously"?

Are there other people, including yourself, with a second account here? Sure there are. Most don't motivate me to go research it out and therefore I can let that sleeping dog be but sometimes they go well beyond and in those cases they put themselves in tenuous situation.

Don't try and make excuses for your guy cheating. I'm sorry we disagree on this point but that's just how it is I guess. I pm'd Sader this morning and thanked him for his effort and told him I appreciated his work and he seemed to agree that it was in pretty poor taste. I certainly feel badly that the people that were playing it straight up and fair are getting the short stick on this.

Tell ya what I'll do this one time. I will pull the cheaters votes off...23 of them and then vet the rest of the votes as well but it won't ever happen again. I don't know if you realize it but this takes time out my day that is completely unnecessary and I don't appreciate doing it one bit. I hope that is easily understandable.

asumike83
August 24th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Seems like a fair compromise. Toss out the bogus votes and let the legitimate ones stand.

Looks like Furman vs. Sammy could win in a landslide. FurmanWins!! better hope his boys are ready to go!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Seems like a fair compromise. Toss out the bogus votes and let the legitimate ones stand.

Looks like Furman vs. Sammy could win in a landslide. FurmanWins!! better hope his boys are ready to go!

Yeah it's a compromise but I probably shouldn't have. If you have one player that is out on the field and cheats they get flagged and the whole team pays a penalty but they don't forfeit the win, they move on.

However if a team knowingly is using ineligible players to gain an advantage to win then a forfeit is in order. This second option is more akin to what was going on here for 1/2 of the duo in that contest.

Skjellyfetti
August 24th, 2012, 03:22 PM
The only fair course of action is to make Emory preview every single FCS game in a 3:00 video.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM
The only fair course of action is to make Emory preview every single FCS game in a 3:00 video.

I'll tell him.xlolx

Big Dawg
August 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Wow...so no one is interested in one of the oldest and most fierce rivalries in all of FCS football...FAMU and TSU had some epic games over the past decade and typically came down to the last play. Always an entertaining game.

Big Dawg
August 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM
One of those crazy finishes between FAMU and TSU from a few years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpGhk0Yc2j0

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM
One of those crazy finishes between FAMU and TSU from a few years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpGhk0Yc2j0

I'm sure people are interested to some extent but in most cases Big Dawg these are battles to see your own game win. That is primarily who is most motivated to vote in these. The fact that this game is even in the final three consider the lack of FAMU and TSU fans on here to nominate and get it to this round says something for the game.

Don't take it as disrespect at all.

FurmanWins!!
August 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Go Furple, Beat Sammy!!!!!

superman7515
August 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Wow...so no one is interested in one of the oldest and most fierce rivalries in all of FCS football...FAMU and TSU had some epic games over the past decade and typically came down to the last play. Always an entertaining game.

Gotta get more Rattlers on here if you want to see more Rattler material.