PDA

View Full Version : 11 MORE DAYS TIL MONMOUTH SHOCKS LEHIGH!!

MUHAWKS
August 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Cannot wait!! Not sure anyone will be able to stop our offense but us this yr!!

carney2
August 21st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Here are the headlines from the next day's newspapers:

SQUAWKS BEAT HAWKS IN LAFFER

The First Cupcake is Devoured.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Hey, whatever happened to that Towson guy, anyway?

van
August 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Here are the headlines from the next day's newspapers:

The First Cupcake is Devoured.

Wow, Carney now a Engineer Fan!

MUHAWKS
August 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I dont think Lehigh will be able to stop our offense.. The team that holds opponent under 30 wins.. MU has studs @ RB, a HUGE and talented O line, studs @ WR, stud TE, QB...depth...I mean this with 100% sincerity.. WE will see soon enough

RichH2
August 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hard for opener to be a trap game. Andy and Dave will have them ready. May take a bit to fit all the new pieces so doubt it will be a walkover.

andy7171
August 21st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Hey, whatever happened to that Towson guy, anyway?

Who me?

Sam
August 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
GREAT posts enjoy your humor keep it up!
QUOTE=carney2;1828227]Here are the headlines from the next day's newspapers:

The First Cupcake is Devoured.[/QUOTE]

Lehigh Football Nation
August 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Who me?

Back in the Voy forum days there was a guy who, without fail, would post "TOWSON WIN WIN! YES! YES! YES!" every week they would play. I don't think it was you... was it? LOL

ngineer
August 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM
There are usually some early game miscues and errors, but that would be so for both teams. Monmouth is no walkover, but I think Lehigh will win by at least 10. By current accounts, Colvin is looking good in camp. A number of starters out with 'minor' injuries..Big scrimmage coming up later this week, so we'll have a better idea of how things are 'gel'in'.

RichH2
August 21st, 2012, 01:27 PM
Looked at MU again, some nice players, but unless we really screw up, I dont see them stayimg with us. Still very little depth.

andy7171
August 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Back in the Voy forum days there was a guy who, without fail, would post "TOWSON WIN WIN! YES! YES! YES!" every week they would play. I don't think it was you... was it? LOL

Nope not me. I'll go back into hiding and think up clever ways to work your racist WR into threads. :D:D:p

Lehigh Football Nation
August 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
Nope not me. I'll go back into hiding and think up clever ways to work your racist WR into threads. :D:D:p

It's a good thing I know you're kidding. :P

Twentysix
August 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
My money is on UPS.

UNH Fanboi
August 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
There are usually some early game miscues and errors, but that would be so for both teams. Monmouth is no walkover, but I think Lehigh will win by at least 10. By current accounts, Colvin is looking good in camp. A number of starters out with 'minor' injuries..Big scrimmage coming up later this week, so we'll have a better idea of how things are 'gel'in'.

I don't see why Lehigh fans are so unconcerned about Colvin replacing Lum. I've seen comments to the effect that Legigh will be better than last year and that Colvin will be the best QB in the Patriot League. But from what we've actually seen on the field, Colvin was awful against UNH two seasons ago and barely touched the ball last season. Ok, maybe he's been looking good in camp, but he's still unproven in real games. I'm not saying Lehigh or Colvin will be bad this season, but I'm sensing some over confidence until we see what Colvin is capable of.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=UNH Fanboi;1828419]I don't see why Lehigh fans are so unconcerned about Colvin replacing Lum. I've seen comments to the effect that Legigh will be better than last year and that Colvin will be the best QB in the Patriot League. But from what we've actually seen on the field, Colvin was awful against UNH two seasons ago and barely touched the ball last season. Ok, maybe he's been looking good in camp, but he's still unproven in real games. I'm not saying Lehigh or Colvin will be bad this season, but I'm sensing some over confidence until we see what Colvin is capable of.[QUOTE]

I think a lot has to with the talent surrounding him and Cecchini's ability to develop the QB position. Colvin doesn't have to be Lum for Lehigh to have a great year. He can have half as many td passes and Lehigh could still be very good.

The UNH isn't a great benchmark given the circumstances. Lum was equally awful against Villanova that year.

I see Mike Colvin and i think of Brad Mauer from Lafayette.

RichH2
August 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Maurer ,huh, well Mike certainly can be that guy. Just needs some confidence. Dave needs to build him up enuf to overcome mistakes and rely on his reads. Last yr he 2nd guessed himself into INTs and missed throws.

van
August 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I don't see why Lehigh fans are so unconcerned about Colvin replacing Lum. I've seen comments to the effect that Legigh will be better than last year and that Colvin will be the best QB in the Patriot League. But from what we've actually seen on the field, Colvin was awful against UNH two seasons ago and barely touched the ball last season. Ok, maybe he's been looking good in camp, but he's still unproven in real games. I'm not saying Lehigh or Colvin will be bad this season, but I'm sensing some over confidence until we see what Colvin is capable of.

Don't think you've seen those comments from Lehigh fans in the know, as you note, he is still unproven in real games. However, there is a good supporting cast and he is a senior. Don't believe that Mike has to be great for the team to be good.

Engineer86
August 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM

If only your QB could have "raced" out of the end zone, we never would have heard about that tweet :D

New season now though, good luck

NFLCB2
August 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Last year Lehigh beat us easily.. They are a good program and also a bad matchup.. You must know something that I don't know!xdontknowx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Lehigh Video preview of the game...

http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/mountain-hawks-gear-up-for-monmouth.aspx

Highlights from last year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=StSwsxSxwJg

MUHAWKS
August 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Last year Lehigh beat us easily.. They are a good program and also a bad matchup.. You must know something that I don't know!xdontknowx

Yeah I do-- lehigh loses their stud QB, all of their LB's and a good complimentray WR and a few other players.. Meanwhile, we return 19 starters plus our kicker. Lehigh was game 1 last yr. We got a bit better as the season went on and Sterling, Hayes and George are all flat out studs. Frazier is back and healthy and so is almost our whole offensive line. We have the most depth of any team I have ever seen at RB and 3 solid WR's all with serious size combined with speed. Our TE is a fringe NFL prospect. Our defense will be much better with all our LB's coming back and now Pollard at DB to help the others. We lose Jose and Ian, but gain experience with 9 starters back and depth on the D- Line. Lehigh is a great program and I root for them the whole year except here. Spadola is an NFL player and they have good players. But remember this game was 21-10 in the 3rd Qtr last yr and we had a bad game and bad yr. Lehigh was a top 10 team and probably better. At BEST they will probably be about as good as las year. but more likely about 75% as good. MU will no doubt be much better. And we beat Nova, CCSU, Bryant, all on road. We has a lof of good spots.. 19 returning starters.. We will def not be out sized. We have speed and depth. I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah I do-- lehigh loses their stud QB, all of their LB's and a good complimentray WR and a few other players.. Meanwhile, we return 19 starters plus our kicker. Lehigh was game 1 last yr. We got a bit better as the season went on and Sterling, Hayes and George are all flat out studs. Frazier is back and healthy and so is almost our whole offensive line. We have the most depth of any team I have ever seen at RB and 3 solid WR's all with serious size combined with speed. Our TE is a fringe NFL prospect. Our defense will be much better with all our LB's coming back and now Pollard at DB to help the others. We lose Jose and Ian, but gain experience with 9 starters back and depth on the D- Line. Lehigh is a great program and I root for them the whole year except here. Spadola is an NFL player and they have good players. But remember this game was 21-10 in the 3rd Qtr last yr and we had a bad game and bad yr. Lehigh was a top 10 team and probably better. At BEST they will probably be about as good as las year. but more likely about 75% as good. MU will no doubt be much better. And we beat Nova, CCSU, Bryant, all on road. We has a lof of good spots.. 19 returning starters.. We will def not be out sized. We have speed and depth. I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.

You guys are experienced but unless there was a was a major increase in team speed and depth you guys will be in major trouble come Saturday. You were convinced last year that you were going to win after Lehigh lost their OL and defensive secondary and you saw how that turned out.

That sounds like what you wrote last year

Good point about opening game so not looking past, but I think lehigh truly thinks they are on a different level. Spadola is on facebook talking a bit of trash which is all good man, I actually like it, but beleive me when I tell you this, MU has some guys on D that can bring it. They have a legit cover corner and Gumbs is the hardest hitter and best safety in the league. IMO< the best polayer on the field tomorrow. They ahve some studs at D line and from what I am told Lehigh weakness will be their I line.. I am a homer, but I am usually honest about them and I truly feel this is a team that can so damage. There are a alot of "athletes" on this team.. We shall see., I have nothing but respect for Lehigh so I am only having fun here, but I really feel like we are gonna win this game and I DID see Lehigh play 2 x last yr... We shall see. Best to you..

Perfect, so the sentiment here is what I thought..MU with no shot...LOVE IT!! Anyway, Gumbs is a safety not a CB but he can cover anyway, but just saying.. MU WR corps will shock everyone as will their D Line.. Its gonna come down to the 4th Q...Unless Lehigh truly has 1 or 2 guys who MU cant match up with (doubt it) no way Lehigh can put them away, I am telling you all, MU D is solid and Gymbs and Phillips and The other CB are STRONG, nullyfyiing Lehigh strong passing game.. Upfront MU has a big advantage against lehigh O line. No sense talking , I am not even trying to be a clown, we will see soon enough.. Just wishing good health and safe travels for all fans, players, families involved as always..Looking forward to a HUGE turnput as I know Lehigh travels strong..

MUHAWKS
August 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM
You guys are experienced but unless there was a was a major increase in team speed and depth you guys will be in major trouble come Saturday. You were convinced last year that you were going to win after Lehigh lost their OL and defensive secondary and you saw how that turned out.

That sounds like what you wrote last year

Yeah, looks like I was wrong last yr.. Again, Lehigh was 1 BS play away from an undefeated yr and who knows what would have happened had Ryan played in the playoff loss.. All I am saying is MU will be much better. I do not see Lehigh being "better". Hell, of course I could be wrong on both, but with 19 starters coming back and a few of them being nationally recognized types, one would think we will be improved. Hey we will see soon enough. Maybe I was just a yr early in my feeling about this team.. Frazier is probably better than Colvin and our O line is also prob better. Spadola is all world but not sure anyone can mark up with # 17 for us.. Should be a great game.. Sports network calls it 24-21 lehigh which means they think it is a 1 play game so I am not sure how crazy I sound by thinking this is a good game with an MU win..But it aint life or death..It is college football and as seriously as I take this, I am here not to be a punk but for fun.. I like and respect the Lehigh program and will root for them the whole way sans 9/1/12.. Cannot wait to get to Goodman..coming up friday to take it all in..

Lehigh Football Nation
August 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Frazier is probably better than Colvin and our O line is also prob better....

We'll see about that this Saturday.

bobcathpdevil56
August 29th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Lehigh TU OWL are you gonna go to the game Tomorrow? Gonna be a great time

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Lehigh TU OWL are you gonna go to the game Tomorrow? Gonna be a great time

I have work until 7 so i'm going to miss it. I'm definitely attending the UND game at the end of October. I'd like to go to the EWU game too. Unfortunately, it might be tough getting two saturday's off in row if our course is still open.

NFLCB2
August 29th, 2012, 10:36 PM

We will see Saturday!

bobcathpdevil56
August 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
No worries, i have a junior high jamboree on friday and probably shouldnt miss the last practice before it. Oh well, i guess missing the first night game isn't as important as junior high football:)

We will need to meet up in Bozo and grab a beer when we both make it to a game

NFLCB2
August 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think you are making a mistake thinking Lehigh is like Delaware or Montana. They can be beat.

Delaware or Montana? Both of those teams can be beat. 9 times out of 10 they will win xbangx They might not be on their level but they are VERY close.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2012, 10:51 PM
No worries, i have a junior high jamboree on friday and probably shouldnt miss the last practice before it. Oh well, i guess missing the first night game isn't as important as junior high football:)

We will need to meet up in Bozo and grab a beer when we both make it to a game

If you have a tailgate i'll have to stop by! I'm really looking forward to seeing a game at Bobcat Stadium!

I'm still holding out hope of getting to Missoula on the 15th for their game against Liberty. Lehigh plays the Flames the next weekend.

ngineer
August 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Assuming Lehigh has a void at QB will be big mistake. Colvin has all the tools to shred MU's defense. If he has adequate time, the ball will be in moving downfield. Every team has first game question marks, and for LU that is QB and LB, but the talent is there. Minimizing costly mistakes in the game will be critical to either team, especially in a season opener. MU will move the ball at times and score some points, but I don't see them having it for the long haul on Saturday.

RichH2
August 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM
MU a much improved team from last. Good OL and qb. Expect a closer game than last yr We have lots of issuea. Dave will get O to work. LB s ? After starters zero experience so I expect mistakes. Expect we will score a bit less and MU abit more.

MUHAWKS
August 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Assuming Lehigh has a void at QB will be big mistake. Colvin has all the tools to shred MU's defense. If he has adequate time, the ball will be in moving downfield. Every team has first game question marks, and for LU that is QB and LB, but the talent is there. Minimizing costly mistakes in the game will be critical to either team, especially in a season opener. MU will move the ball at times and score some points, but I don't see them having it for the long haul on Saturday.

I have heard from many people about colvin and most give a very good report. I am not talking just about Lehigh, but from NJ people who have seen him in HS.. say he can run, good athlete and a good Qb...I dont think Lehigh has a "void" at QB I just think it is a stretch to expect in game 1 for that position to improve..As I already laid out-- I think Best case Lehigh is as good as last yr (and frankly I think most lehigh people would say that wont even be the case) and MU WILL be better..and I think much better...OL is all 300 lbs plus and NOT just fat slow kids..all have started at some point and 3 return from last yr..Our entire RB production which includes a Jerry rice finalist from last yr is back..(depth) our 5th yr sr QB Frazier is back and according to Cooach Cohen was a top 3 QB that Lehigh faced last yr..Our TE is back and is a very solid player. Neal Sterling who was also a Rice award finalist is back at WR (6-4 and can run after catch- last yr was freshmna so will eb better) as is all the other production at WR sans Pollard who is moved to DB which will only help agaainst Lehigh... 9 starters on D return plus some transfers and I will mention that our D line is deep and from what Cohen said, you guys might have O line issues. Colvim can only sit back there and toss it to Spadola if he has time.. I know he can run. but the NEC is getting better every year and the gap is closing. Once again, Last yr MU was a 5-6 team, Lehigh was a top 5 type program...I think both of those facts change this yr..But again, this is just talk and prognostication...we shall see..i know Lehigh wont take anything for garnted and I know everyone is pumped. I hope both teams leave the game injury free and I will be rooting for Lehigh the rest of the year. cant wait to get there, what a great atmosphere.and frankly the Lehigh fans on this board are classy as hell which makes me like the program even more.. But make no mistake, MU has a bunhc of leaders and seniors and a staff that has been there for a long time, and they/we feel this is the year. A lehigh loss does nothing to hinder out goal of an NEC title and playoff spot, but we feel we can win. I wish it was not gonna be near 90 and sunny, but oh well. Safe travels to everyone on the road and enjoy the games..

ngineer
August 30th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Very nice summary of the MU strengths. Yes, I fully expect the game to be closer than last years. OL is missing one expected starter in Kyle Moore who is still out due to early camp concussion. My initial prognostication on a separate thread had Lehigh winning 38-24. It could be higher scoring game if we see 'first game mistakes and missed assignments', or it could be lower scoring if teams offense can't get in sync. How's that for covering all bases? Weather forecast is hot with rising humidity, so how 'in shape' the players are could well come into play in the second half. Will be tailgating at the "King of Tailgates" location near the Football pavillion.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Very nice summary of the MU strengths. Yes, I fully expect the game to be closer than last years. OL is missing one expected starter in Kyle Moore who is still out due to early camp concussion. My initial prognostication on a separate thread had Lehigh winning 38-24. It could be higher scoring game if we see 'first game mistakes and missed assignments', or it could be lower scoring if teams offense can't get in sync. How's that for covering all bases? Weather forecast is hot with rising humidity, so how 'in shape' the players are could well come into play in the second half. Will be tailgating at the "King of Tailgates" location near the Football pavillion.

One thing i noticed last year was how well Lehigh handled the heat compared to Monmouth. By the middle of the third quarter MU's big guys didn't want any part of getting up and having to play another down. Monmouth simply didn't have the depth on defense to stay fresh.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
One thing i noticed last year was how well Lehigh handled the heat compared to Monmouth. By the middle of the third quarter MU's big guys didn't want any part of getting up and having to play another down. Monmouth simply didn't have the depth on defense to stay fresh.

Barket's running roughshod over them had something to do with their morale.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
My game preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/08/game-preview-monmouth-at-lehigh-912012.html

Breakdown & Prediction to come later tonight!

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2012, 05:34 PM

I miss "Abolish Fordham Football" and "Minion"... although they were annoying, their focus on the message was incredible.

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I dont think Lehigh will be able to stop our offense.. The team that holds opponent under 30 wins.. MU has studs @ RB, a HUGE and talented O line, studs @ WR, stud TE, QB...depth...I mean this with 100% sincerity.. WE will see soon enough

I like your enthusiasm!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Breakdown & Fearless Prediction:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2012/08/game-1-breakdown-monmouth-at-lehigh.html

After a close look at Monmouth, this will not be the same as 2010.

ysubigred
August 31st, 2012, 01:51 PM
If I was to place a bet on this game I'd take the UPS team xawesomex

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 03:21 PM
Pregame jitters in full bloom. Haven't been this nervous in a couple of yrs. So many new and inexperienced players. I'llstick with my pick and that we'll go 9-2 or 8-3 with 1loss in PL play. Time now for a few g&t s to ease into Saturday.

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 03:29 PM
Pregame jitters in full bloom. Haven't been this nervous in a couple of yrs. So many new and inexperienced players. I'llstick with my pick and that we'll go 9-2 or 8-3 with 1loss in PL play. Time now for a few g&t s to ease into Saturday.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM

Glad you are still a loyal reader Rich! xthumbsupx

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM

Chuck, we've been together so long I look forward to the drink of the week. I think I'll need them for this week

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM

Chuck, we've been together so long I look forward to the drink of the week. I think I'll need them for this week

van
August 31st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Rich must have the shakes!

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Rich must have the shakes!

Yup. Every season start. This yr a bit more with so many new kids. I think we'll be much better by PL games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Lehigh will be fine tomorrow. There's a lot of experienced players to lead to the new guys along. Lehigh had a lot of question marks heading to NJ last year and things worked out. They will be well prepared fokr tomorrow.

From a phone

RichH2
August 31st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Ok, Owl ,I'll go with you. See your TU doing well tonite

JMG1MON
August 31st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Monmouth and Lehigh have played 3 times. I've been to all 3 games. Average score for Lehigh 53, Monmouth 20. Sure, the first meeting in 1999 was the worst of them and skews the number some, but the same story for Monmouth each time. Lehigh's speed on offense has absolutely destroyed our defense. Sure Monmouth returns 19 starters, and the team is better than last year, but one thing that we have lost. Our best defensive player is gone!

Southsider
September 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM

MUHawks, LU has nothing to bragg about, but just wondering what your thoughts are a couple days after?

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
MUHawks, LU has nothing to bragg about, but just wondering what your thoughts are a couple days after?

Sure-- I was going to give them yesterday, thanks for the reminder. First off, I will say that as a program we are not into moral victories. The score was technically 27-17 but we all know 21-17 was the real story. Either way, we are not happy by a loss and fully expected to win. I think now Lehigh fans and everyone else knows why. I may speak with my heart a bit but i very rarely will exaggerate what i really think and I think at BEST we played a B- type game all around. That was not even close to our best football. However, to be fair I am sure that was also not Lehigh's best. Monmouth led the game in time of possession and total yards were very close. Monmouth made great adjustments and bascially stymied Lehigh offense the entore second half, holding Soadola to 1 catch and shutting out the Lehigh offense. I am not one for "what if's" and "almosts".. We lost the game, but down 21-17 with 7 minutes left we drove to the Lehig 7 and missed a 4th down opportunity. We hold again and again drive. get it down to the lehigh 35 with a minute left and a pick. What a shame b/c frankly I thought Monmouth had Lehigh on their heels the entire 2nd half. We had the momentum, but lehigh was able to make that 1 more play that we were not. Our QB Frazier was shaky at best and played pretty poorly for most of the game. Our 1 starting corner that was his 1st game at CB. I mean hell no excuses at all but I have no choice but to take a lot of positives from this game. As for my quote about nobody being able to stop our offense, yeah I am a bit shocked that it was actually our defense that was the better side giving up only 21 points to Lehigh and NONE in the 2nd half.. But our offense will get much better, I promise that...I am never happy witha loss but hapy that we battled back and fought. In years past this could have been a pack it in type game. I am pretty sure that at halftime the Lehigh faithful thought this would turn into a laugher. Anyway, we have URI this week and they played very close with a lot of top programs last yr so this will be another test. Our goal was an NEC championship and playoff berth and this loss, while disapointing did nothing to change that. However, I am not sure Lehigh is a "top" team this year. They will be top 25 the whole year I am sure but monmouth played average and this was a 1 play game. Either Monmouth is really good and will compete very well for a playoff berth or Lehigh is not what most people thought. Those are my honest tthoughts.. At times our line manhandled them and we really rattled colvin. This game was very very close coming down to 1 play. 2 chances to take the lead and we turn ball over 2 times. remember, on the 4th and 1 from the 7, we got the first down, but fumbled.. No question in my mind we go in to make i 24-21 than see if Lehigh could do something they could not do all 2nd half-- score.. Good for lehigh thouhg a win is a win.. We respect them a lot and will root for them the rest of the way. We have moved on and the focus is on URI this week. Best of luck to Lehigh and I hope the injuries you guys had are nit serious.

LehighU11
September 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Well said, MUHAWKS. From the start of the second half, it was evident that Monmouth had come out to play in the second half and made the right adjustments. Your QB turned it around after a very shaky start and a couple of broken plays. Solid second half performance for MU, and less sloppy play than LU made this one uncomfortably close. I do think your defensive performance and ability to pressure Colvin later in the game was the direct result of our first-team PL RT and TE going down early on, as well as our center. If you can manage to win some home games this year and close out games better, you should be in for a good season.

Engineer86
September 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
How quickly everyone forgets two missed FGs that we reasonable range. How badly Colvin missed Spadola over the middle who would have walked into the end zone. I would not call that even a C game for Lehigh. Monmouth was better than expected, and I agree could have played even better, but to call this a one missed play away from a Monmouth win , ignores the other side of the coin. Lehigh missed a lot of plays and had several key injuries in the first half that impacted the running game in the second half.

Lehigh has a lot of work to do, but there was a lot of room for improvement. As good as last year, I doubt it, but a solid team that is properly ranked at this point.

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
How quickly everyone forgets two missed FGs that we reasonable range. How badly Colvin missed Spadola over the middle who would have walked into the end zone. I would not call that even a C game for Lehigh. Monmouth was better than expected, and I agree could have played even better, but to call this a one missed play away from a Monmouth win , ignores the other side of the coin. Lehigh missed a lot of plays and had several key injuries in the first half that impacted the running game in the second half.

Lehigh has a lot of work to do, but there was a lot of room for improvement. As good as last year, I doubt it, but a solid team that is properly ranked at this point.

It does not matter anyway. Lehigh beat Monmouth. Now we move on. Both teams can point to tons of things. I mean, our kicker MADE our makeable attempt (38 yards with ease) while yours missed 2.. Is that luck/chance or do we have a better kicker? Colvin missed a Spadola but he was rocked on that play on a blitz.. Bad luck or MU defense affect pass? You guys had some guys hurt it seems like-- Well, did you know that MU starting CB was not playing? never dressed. Our QB was playing 1st game after ACL surgery and it showed. he must have missed a wide open Sterling 3 times, and 2 would have been for TD's...We can keep going, my point is I think the "luck" and "BS" worked about evenly both ways.. I mean we had it 4th and 1 on your 7 and got the first down but fumbled.. I could say "mental mistake" like you seem to say for Colvin missing spadola and the the other guy dropping? Or we could say Lehigh made a play??? I think at end of day it evened out and thefore was a 21-17 game that came down to 1 play..I think that is very fair. If you want to count the last BS TD where we were on our own 10 and throwing bakcards passes acorss the filed 40 yards on last play miracle try great, but again, it does not matter, Lehigh won.. At end of year if MU wins NEC that is all we care about. I am glad Lehigh is a "deserving" top 15 ish team..it means MU playing average can play with a top 15 team.. I expect a tougher test from URI this week. We will see how the year plays out..

Engineer86
September 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
It does not matter anyway. Lehigh beat Monmouth. Now we move on. Both teams can point to tons of things. I mean, our kicker MADE our makeable attempt (38 yards with ease) while yours missed 2.. Is that luck/chance or do we have a better kicker? Colvin missed a Spadola but he was rocked on that play on a blitz.. Bad luck or MU defense affect pass? You guys had some guys hurt it seems like-- Well, did you know that MU starting CB was not playing? never dressed. Our QB was playing 1st game after ACL surgery and it showed. he must have missed a wide open Sterling 3 times, and 2 would have been for TD's...We can keep going, my point is I think the "luck" and "BS" worked about evenly both ways.. I mean we had it 4th and 1 on your 7 and got the first down but fumbled.. I could say "mental mistake" like you seem to say for Colvin missing spadola and the the other guy dropping? Or we could say Lehigh made a play??? I think at end of day it evened out and thefore was a 21-17 game that came down to 1 play..I think that is very fair. If you want to count the last BS TD where we were on our own 10 and throwing bakcards passes acorss the filed 40 yards on last play miracle try great, but again, it does not matter, Lehigh won.. At end of year if MU wins NEC that is all we care about. I am glad Lehigh is a "deserving" top 15 ish team..it means MU playing average can play with a top 15 team.. I expect a tougher test from URI this week. We will see how the year plays out..

I am glad you feel good about your performance. Colvin missed the throw while standing steady. I can only hope he will get better, because otherwise we will not last long in the playoffs. Like they say, if "if's" and "but's" were beers and nuts ...

We must perform better than a D performance, by the time playoffs come. You need to do better than B- by the time your league season ends.

hawkineer
September 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
I am glad you feel good about your performance. Colvin missed the throw while standing steady. I can only hope he will get better, because otherwise we will not last long in the playoffs. Like they say, if "if's" and "but's" were beers and nuts ...

We must perform better than a D performance, by the time playoffs come. You need to do better than B- by the time your league season ends.

If Colvin doesn't play better by the start of league games, I don't think we are going to make the playoffs. Right now, I'll chalk up his performance to first game jitters, but his happy feet in the pocket really scare me. He has CCSU and Princeton to get ready for what is going to be a very difficult Liberty team. We'll know by the end of September whether we have a QB or a QB controversy.

Southsider
September 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Valid arguments by everyone. I thought MU was very talented. And, frankly, I thought their QB kept them in the game with some nifty scrambles. I think both teams come out with 7+ wins. Beyond that, we'll see......

crusader11
September 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
After week one, I don't think any PL team deserves to be ranked in the Top 25. The league is very much wide open.

Engineer86
September 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
After week one, I don't think any PL team deserves to be ranked in the Top 25. The league is very much wide open.

Speak for you team