PDA

View Full Version : Which OOC Games Are You Looking Forward To?

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Three questions...

Q: Which of your school's OOC games are you looking forward to?

TT's Answer: SHSU @ Missouri State, Sept 23rd

Which of your conference's OOC games are you looking forward to?

TT's Answer: South Dakota St @ Nicholls St, Sept 23rd; North Dakota St @ SFA, Sept 30th

What national OOC games are you looking forward to?

TT's Answer: Grambling vs Hampton, Sept 2nd; James Madison @ Appalachian St, Sept 9th; Furman @ Coastal Carolina, Oct 7th; Cal Poly @ Montana, Nov 4th

PapaBear
July 9th, 2006, 11:26 AM
YSU on Sept 9 and Boston College on Sept 30.

"Looking forward to" doesn't come close to describing the feeling.

SO ILLmatic
July 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
1)The Dawgs @ Indiana - Sept 16th
2)West KY @ East KY - Sept. 9th
3)Coastal Carolina @ GA Southern - Sept 16th

Ivytalk
July 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Questions 1 and 2: Harvard at Lehigh, September 30.
Question 3: TT's list is good enough for me!;)

mainejeff
July 9th, 2006, 01:47 PM
1. Boston College and Youngstown State

JMU at Appalachian State
UNH at Northwestern
Maine at Youngstown State

3. JMU at Appalachian State

Killtoppers90
July 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Our first 2 games:

At Georgia and at EKU. These two games will set the tone for the rest of our season! We could easliy be 0-2 heading into the Gateway schedule - not a good sign!

JaxSinfonian
July 9th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Ah, a popular topic. We've been discussing this over at the OVC Football Blog (http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com).

We're actually running a poll to find the most-anticipated conference games, OOC I-AA games and I-A games in the OVC. Any of you AGSers who want to chime in, please feel free. The nominating period ends Tuesday at noon. I'll post three polls online after that, and leave them open for a week.

The original post is here (http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com/2006/06/games-of-year.html). The complete OVC schedule, for reference, is here (http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com/2006/06/few-suggestions.html). And the nominees so far are here (http://ovcfootball.blogspot.com/2006/07/early-returns.html).

Readers have nominated the following OOC games so far:

Jacksonville State @ Furman, Sept. 2 - JSU now is looking to avenge both a lopsided 2004 playoff loss and a last-second defeat in the thrilling 2005 season opener.
Eastern Illinois @ Illinois State, Sept. 16 - An in-state matchup between the OVC and the Gateway Football Conference.
Western Kentucky @ Eastern Kentucky, Sept. 9 - Another in-state OVC-Gateway game, but this, ladies and gentlemen, is the Battle of the Bluegrass.My pick? The JSU-Furman game. But that's just my bias showing. :D

carney2
July 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
1. All games against Ivy opponents not located in Manhattan. That's 4 of the 5 OOC games this year. This is a BIG monkey on our backs. Successes against these teams are few and far between:

vs. Penn: 18-60-4 (21.9%)
vs. Princeton: 4-35-3 (9.5%)
vs. Yale: 0-6-0 (0.0%)
vs. Harvard: 2-8-0 (20%)

We have been their pinata for over 100 years.

2. Harvard @ Lehigh. IF Harvard has its act together, this will be Lehigh's first real test.

3. JMU @ ASU At this point, this looks like the biggest game in I-AA this year.

SunCoastBlueHen
July 9th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Delaware only plays two non-conference teams this year - West Chester and Albany. So I'll flip a coin and go with Albany as the Hen's huge anticipated OOC game. :rolleyes:

Since it is the only game involving a I-AA that I'm likely to attend this year - I'll go with McNeese State vs. USF as my most anticipated OOC game not involving UD. Knowing my USF friends and from what I know of the McNeese folks, the tailgating should be outstanding!

slostang
July 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Question #1) Cal Poly @ Montana

Question #2) UC Davis @ Youngstwon State, North Dakota State @ Georgia Southern, South Dakota State @ Northern Iowa and Texas State @ Southern Utah.

Question #3) JMU @ App State. (Got to go with the last two National Champs)

I went with all I-AA games but the GWFC has some good I-A games:

Cal Poly @ San Jose State
Cal Poly @ San Diego State
UC Davis @ TCU
North Dakota State @ Ball State
North Dakota State @ Minnesota
Southern Utah @ Florida Atlantic

Most of the good GWFC OOC games are on the road. It will be great to see some of the better I-AA teams coming to GWFC stadiums on a more regular basis as the conference matures.

UAalum72
July 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
1. @Lehigh - because it's the opener

2. Fordham - because it's the home opener

3. @Delaware - because it's Delaware

4. @Cornell - because it's a family dispute - my sister went there.

RabidRabbit
July 9th, 2006, 09:25 PM
:thumbsup: Rabbits vs McNeese :thumbsup: Gotta love Blue & Yellow Days, besides know that cajun cooking is good stuff.

GWFC match-ups are great this year :hurray: But the Poly-MT game is the best (play-off) of the west game. Hope to get up to the NDSU-GSU game.

JMU vs App St is an early test of the last two NC champs. Staying I-AA it is intriguing:eek:

May need to be an audience of one cheering SUU vs FAU. 2nd closest game involving a I-AA team.xlolx xlolx

Cocky
July 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
JSU @ Furman
WKU @ EKU
JMU v APP State or GSU 1st game to see how the new system is going to work.

MR. CHICKEN
July 9th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Delaware only plays two non-conference teams this year - West Chester and Albany. So I'll flip a coin and go with Albany as the Hen's huge anticipated OOC game. :rolleyes:

Since it is the only game involving a I-AA that I'm likely to attend this year - I'll go with McNeese State vs. USF as my most anticipated OOC game not involving UD. Knowing my USF friends and from what I know of the McNeese folks, the tailgating should be outstanding!

OH CONTRARE...HOFSTRA IS NON-CON...( 3RD NON-CON ).....IT'LL BE UH HUGELY ANTICIPATED KICK-OFF....AS FORMER D CO-ORDINATOR..........COACH C..........TRIES TA PIN K.C...............TA DUH PEE WALL.......DOODLE-DOO!

AGREED...ALBANY...WHIFF DUH DISCH-BAG...(KILLERAH LB) WILL BE EXCITIN'....ALSO....BRAWK!

skinny_uncle
July 9th, 2006, 09:59 PM
1)The Dawgs @ Indiana - Sept 16th
2)West KY @ East KY - Sept. 9th
3)Coastal Carolina @ GA Southern - Sept 16th
The Dawgs and Hoosiers!
I hoipe the result is similar to the last hoops meeting at the Arena (Dawgs won by 12).

ngineer
July 9th, 2006, 10:17 PM
As for No.1, I have to go with Villanova, only because if comes BEFORE Harvard. 'nova away is not a 'gimme'. The Wildcats have a lot returning, and I don't believe in looking ahead. I am very much, though, looking forward to the Harvard game figuring they will be sky high after what happened in Cambridge last year.
As for No.2--Looking forward to see how Lafayette does with Penn and the new digs.
As for No.3--gotta go with JMU at Appalachan State at present.

SO ILLmatic
July 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM
The Dawgs and Hoosiers!
I hoipe the result is similar to the last hoops meeting at the Arena (Dawgs won by 12).

I think we got a chance, depends on the play on the D. Also, there was a good article in the Southern today about the basketball Salukis playing a home & home series over the next 2 years.

The Hoosiers better look out when they come to the Arena, they have already lost once.

McNeese72
July 10th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Away game: South Florida
Home game: South Dakota State

SunCoastBlueHen
July 10th, 2006, 07:57 AM
OH CONTRARE...HOFSTRA IS NON-CON...( 3RD NON-CON ).....IT'LL BE UH HUGELY ANTICIPATED KICK-OFF....AS FORMER D CO-ORDINATOR..........COACH C..........TRIES TA PIN K.C...............TA DUH PEE WALL.......DOODLE-DOO!

AGREED...ALBANY...WHIFF DUH DISCH-BAG...(KILLERAH LB) WILL BE EXCITIN'....ALSO....BRAWK!

I agree, Mr. Chicken, that the Flying Pride is a non-con game, but I stated that the Hens only play two non-con teams. :smiley_wi

OL FU
July 10th, 2006, 08:06 AM
1. FU VS JSU and FU VS the upstarts ( CCU) :D
2. ASU and JMU ( SoCon continues dominance of the A-10 and looking for forward to beating the CAA in 2007) :nod: and GSU vs NDSU , WCU vs EKU.
3. Hampton vs Grambling, Montana vs Cal Poly

Pard4Life
July 10th, 2006, 08:44 AM
1. Penn at Lafayette... it's our first game in the new stadium, and we never beat plan.. plus I'm not a fan of their team

2. Colgate at UMass... ranked Colgate 13 in my AGS top 25, plus this game always seems to live up to its expectations.

3. JMU at ASU.. well, it is the last two national champs squaring off..

DUPFLFan
July 10th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Drake vs UNI...

Now that the kids have seen the speed, we'll see if we can do better than last year.

Gil Dobie
July 10th, 2006, 09:22 AM
NDSU @ Minnesota

McNeese72
July 10th, 2006, 11:15 AM
:thumbsup: Rabbits vs McNeese :thumbsup: Gotta love Blue & Yellow Days, besides know that cajun cooking is good stuff.

Looking forward to you guys coming in. If you, personally, make the trip, you need to come tailgate with us at the Geauxcowboys.com Delphi tent.

Doc

P.S. We call our yellow "gold", but I know how you guys like to argue amongst yourself over that. ;)

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.com/images/tsu04tggc.jpg

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/sam05tgbandgc.jpg

Freightliner
July 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM

Texas State vs Kentucky

Northwestern St vs Baylor
Sam Houston vs SMU

Cal Poly vs Montana
App. State (sorry there Eagle)vs James Madison

JMU Duke Dog
July 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM
My answer to all three would be...

September 9, 2006
James Madison Dukes at Appalachian State Mountaineers

SouthernEagle02
July 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM
[I]Q:

Cal Poly vs Montana
[B]Ga. Southern vs James Madison

Chief, we don't play JMU. Thats Crappy St. your thinking of. I do however wish we we're playing ya'll again. The OOC games I'm looking foward too are 1)GS v. CCU 2) Montana v CP 3) JMU v. Crappy St.

bluehenbillk
July 10th, 2006, 03:12 PM
UD's non-conference schedule is BORING. Hofstra is the only thing to look forward to, but then again they're an A-10 team. West Chester & Albany? I hope I stay awake through both games, needless to say the alcohol will free-flow in both of those pre-game tailgates.

X-Factor
July 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM

NDSU @ Minnesota : because I can go to it
NDSU @ GSU

Cal Poly @ Montana
UCD @ Y-Town

James Madison @ Appalachian St

TheTribeHasSpoken
July 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Sept 2nd.

6:00 PM EST

College Park, MD.

W&M Tribe vs. the Maryland Terps!

Go Tribe!

Cap'n Cat
July 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
All of them.

Drake
SDSU
UND
Iowa State

COLONELSINCE78
July 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Only one game really matters. If we went 1 and freaking 10 I would be OK as long as we beat Western.

WKU @ EKU, the other games are just for fun

FL connection
July 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty partial to ours.....

9/2 @ Illinois
9/9 Indiana state
9/16 @ Illinois State
9/30 @ Hawaii

Not too long after we'll be visiting Richmond and those Colonels...........
connection out!!

Calif_Colonial
July 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Setp 2, @ University of Dayton, Welcome Stadium

Sept 9, Duquesne University @ home, Joe Walton Stadium

Lost to the Flyers in 2004 23 - 12. Lost to The Dukes in 2005 23 - 12 :rolleyes:

The Flyers lead the series with RMU, however they are always great games.

Of course, since Duquesne and Robert Morris are both in Pittsburgh, PA and many of the local athletes have played against each other in High School playoffs this is always a Back Yard Brawl !

Can't wait for the season. :nod:

Freightliner
July 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Chief, we don't play JMU. Thats Crappy St. your thinking of. I do however wish we we're playing ya'll again.

Sorry..I went and changed it....

As for the Georgia Southern/Texas State Rematch...I've got a feeling we will meet again soon :)

mikebigg
July 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Three questions...

TT's Answer: SHSU @ Missouri State, Sept 23rd

TT's Answer: South Dakota St @ Nicholls St, Sept 23rd; North Dakota St @ SFA, Sept 30th

TT's Answer: Grambling vs Hampton, Sept 2nd; James Madison @ Appalachian St, Sept 9th; Furman @ Coastal Carolina, Oct 7th; Cal Poly @ Montana, Nov 4th

Hampton is in trouble...:hurray: :bang: :rotateh:

SU Jag
July 11th, 2006, 06:16 PM
SU vs Bethune-Cookman
SU vs North Carolina Central
Grambling vs Hampton
App. State vs James Madison
Furman vs Jacksonville State
Bama State vs Troy

GaSouthern
July 11th, 2006, 07:52 PM
COASTAL
&
NDSU

Unlike last year, with so many huge question marks I will not talk much smack with out first getting past coastal, but I do expect them to get shut down just via sheer talent!

GaSouthern
July 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM
JMU @ Appy State will be set to record on my TiVo for sure!!!

HPCAT
July 11th, 2006, 10:43 PM

Texas State vs Kentucky

Northwestern St vs Baylor
Sam Houston vs SMU

Cal Poly vs Montana
App. State (sorry there Eagle)vs James Madison

Yes, can't wait for the TXST/UK game and the Kentucky Bourbon tour. :) :nod:

RadMann
July 11th, 2006, 10:56 PM
The Terps in 2008. Given the proximity, UD should play Maryland and Rutgers at least once in a while. This will be the first game against Maryland since 1948 (first played in 1899).

TheBisonator
July 11th, 2006, 11:05 PM
1) The I-A games, Ball State on 9/23 and Minnesota on 10/21.

2) I have NO IDEA.

3) I don't care.

89Hen
July 11th, 2006, 11:06 PM
The Terps in 2008.
:o Me too. 25 minutes from my house! :D

slostang
July 11th, 2006, 11:29 PM
1) The I-A games, Ball State on 9/23 and Minnesota on 10/21.

2) I have NO IDEA.

3) I don't care.
Bisonator, you sound like a very focused Bison fan.

UCABEARS75
July 12th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Well, since this is our first year in D-Iaa, ALL OF THEM!!!!

shakdaddy3
July 12th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I'm pretty partial to ours.....

9/2 @ Illinois
9/9 Indiana state
9/16 @ Illinois State
9/30 @ Hawaii

Not too long after we'll be visiting Richmond and those Colonels...........
connection out!!

there is not much love or respect for the EIU vs. ISU matchup.. i think it is defiently one of the best OOC games this year not just because of history, but because both teams are looking really good. hopefully we can duplicate last year's bear down :hurray:

oh, and indiana state? come on now

as to answer the questions: #1 I would have to say either @ Kansas State [gonna be a much better game than the Wildcats suspect] or vs. EIU...

#2 UNI @ Iowa State for a number of reason.. the Redbirds played them last year so it will be interesting to see how UNI performs compared to ISU and it's an in-state respect game, and b/c it is there final game before conference starts - very interesting scheduling... i think WKU @ Georgia is interesting as well... WKU @ EKU is a great, intense matchup that is always a top OOC game as well.

#3 I like James Madison @ Appalachian St.. although I don't get to see a lot of OOC teams play, i wish i could see this one badly. i think that is the consensus pick for best game of the year at this point.

Eagle_77
July 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
My teams OOC games I cant wait to see are:

GSU v. CCU- I think this school is in a great area to draw recruits and has the potential to be a very good program. Now lets see if they have gotten any closer to the SoCon since last year.

GSU v. NDSU- A great DII program who since they have come up have continued to be a solid program. I look for this to be a great game.

Other OOC games Im looking forward to:

JMU v. App St- The past two champions going at it. If this were a similar I-A match-up it would have huge hype around it.

Cal Poly v. Montana- This game has NC implications all over it.

Jax St v. Furman- After last years game this could make for some great fireworks.

VictorG
July 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Hard for me to answer. Heck, I'm hyper about practice starting!!!!

If I had to pick, I'd say Cal Poly too! That should give the Griz faithfull a good judging point for the kind of team we'll have this year.

SoCon48
July 12th, 2006, 07:02 PM
The Four play-off games. of course one of those likely will be a fellow SoCon team.

gasoutherneagle
July 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE - STATESBORO :D RIGHT, just kidding.

COASTAL CAROLINA - STATESBORO ...oh, yeah! Newbe needs to get taught a lesson 'bout talkin' too much.

NORTH DAKOTA STATE - STATESBORO ...no offense to you new posters here, but in the past NDSU fans have talked a lot of junk. Time to prove it.

ELON - FAMILY WEEKEND STATESBORO ...oh, sorry. Thought they left :smiley_wi

CENTRAL ARKANSAS - STATESBORO ...Hey every once in awhile I like to leave the game by halftime and listen to Ga Tech on the radio from the parking lot.:thumbsup:

blukeys
July 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM
The Terps in 2008. Given the proximity, UD should play Maryland and Rutgers at least once in a while. This will be the first game against Maryland since 1948 (first played in 1899).

The loss to Maryland ended what was then the longest football non losing streak in the nation going back to the pre WW2 era.

It is time to pay back the Terps!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

tsutiger
July 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Tennessee State at Vandy :thumbsup: