PDA

View Full Version : UCONN QB Transfers to Fordham

Fordham
August 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM
3 Star recruit who was recruited to UConn by current Fordham HC Joe Moorhead. Has 3 years of eligibility left. Forced into action as a true frosh and was supposedly having a good camp and positioned to be #2 but (supposedly) leaving because the newly named #1 is a transfer they just had brought in with the same eligibility that he has.

Regardless, seemingly a huge pick-up for us at an unsettled position. There has been a good competition going on between last year's 1 & 2 who both played about equal time. I believe Nebrich fits Moorhead's system perfectly and so he should immediately be in the mix but there's still the adjustment to learning the system and the players, not to mention a week of lost camp time.

Michael Nebrich Rivals Profile (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Nebrich-105044)

UCONN Profile (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nebrich_michael00.html)

Ex-UConn QB headed to Fordham (http://www.rep-am.com/sports/uconn/662370.txt?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Good get. Nice that you'll have him for three years and that he has a pre-existing relationship with the coach.

CFBfan
August 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
If the 40 time on rivals is a true time a 4.44 is very impressive especialy at the qb position, certainly harder to gameplan against.....

RichH2
August 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Rams cant complain about not having enuf talent. If Morehead is a good HC they will be a force over the next few yrs. With all the realignment talk and spec that FU may come back as full member, I wonder whether they might just move to CAA.

Fordham
August 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Anything can happen Rich but we stuck with the PL through the whole uncertainty of the scholarship issue and even while not just being denied a chance at the PL title but from having our kids be recognized for any league post season honors. We've been as loyal an affiliate member as I think you can find and even as an affiate provided leadership on the crucial scholarship issue. I really don't think we're going anywhere and I know for certain that our administration loves the PL relationships.

Regarding Moorhead, we still have yet to play a game which is what matters. That said, he has been very, very impressive this far. I expect our O to be vastly improved this year. Big question mark is whether or not our D will be able to stop anyone.

Franks Tanks
August 13th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Anything can happen Rich but we stuck with the PL through the whole uncertainty of the scholarship issue and even while not just being denied a chance at the PL title but from having our kids be recognized for any league post season honors. We've been as loyal an affiliate member as I think you can find and even as an affiate provided leadership on the crucial scholarship issue. I really don't think we're going anywhere and I know for certain that our administration loves the PL relationships.

Regarding Moorhead, we still have yet to play a game which is what matters. That said, he has been very, very impressive this far. I expect our O to be vastly improved this year. Big question mark is whether or not our D will be able to stop anyone.

Loyalty?

More like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

RichH2
August 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
OK, lmao, You and P4L are filling in quite well for Bogie.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I said this about App State's WR pickup and it bears repeating...we dont know how good this kid can be. Just because he comes from I-A/FBS doesnt mean he is gonna instantly step in and Fordham ends up going #1 in the Patriot League. The question is, will he turn out to be a Joe Flacco/Bo Levi Mitchell type player, a Ryan Perriloux type player (solid QB, didnt set the world on fire and turn JSU into a national power), or a Paul Troth type of player (transfer QB to Liberty from East Carolina...he didnt turn out well, lets just leave it at that)

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Interesting... one of the few transfers to the PL from an FBS program and the first since Schwenk in 2001? One thing Fordham does not struggle with is attracting quality QBs and PKs.

Fordham is being treated unjustly and should be eligible for the title this year. Fordham's performance this year is probably a greater unknown than Lafayette.

Bogus Megapardus
August 13th, 2012, 08:50 PM
OK, lmao, You and P4L are filling in quite well for Bogie.

What'd I do, Rich? Seriously, I think Fordham ought to be eligible for the PL title, and I've said so repeatedly.

Lehigh is a different story however. A major in "Supply Chain Management?" Come on . . . . whose chain are you pulling? xsmhx

RichH2
August 13th, 2012, 09:32 PM
What'd I do, Rich? Seriously, I think Fordham ought to be eligible for the PL title, and I've said so repeatedly.

Lehigh is a different story however. A major in "Supply Chain Management?" Come on . . . . whose chain are you pulling? xsmhx

Oh, I just missed you here. P4L has upheld your high standard for pointed humor.

Fordham
August 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Loyalty?

More like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

My first reaction was "a snarky/douchey response from a Pard fan on AGS? I never thought I'd live to see the day ..."

Second thought was "Ha! I need to use that video sometime in the future. Well played".

Seriously, we could have pursued independent status, tried to join (then member) SB in the Big South, tried to angle for a spot in an expanded CAA or tried to spearhead a new Northeast based league from like minded scholarship committed schools. We may have failed at options 2,3 and 4 but my comment wasn't referencing who was beating down our door as much as the fact that we were not beating, knocking or tapping on any of those doors ourselves. Like it or not our leadership, as has been spoken to me directly, loves the PL affiliation. Shockingly I think our backup strategy if the PL said no to scholarships was to worry about it if it happened.

Regarding this season. Our O is going to be tough whether or not the UCONN kid plays. Expect DRAMATIC improvement in performance from our OL and O overall. Our special teams should be great. Big ? Is the D where we have talent but not sure what to expect. If our D is average I think we'll be better than .500 which would be a heckuva turnaround from last year IMO. If we're above average/good? We'll be a tough out in any game this year, save Cinci.

Cant stress enough how impressed I am with Moorhead and staff.

CFBfan
August 15th, 2012, 06:40 PM
"Regarding this season. Our O is going to be tough whether or not the UCONN kid plays. Expect DRAMATIC improvement in performance from our OL and O overall. Our special teams should be great. Big ? Is the D where we have talent but not sure what to expect. If our D is average I think we'll be better than .500 which would be a heckuva turnaround from last year IMO. If we're above average/good? We'll be a tough out in any game this year, save Cinci.

Cant stress enough how impressed I am with Moorhead and staff. "

Fordham, I've had the opportunity to attend 2 practices and meet wth Moorhead with my son (he is being recruited) and I am VERY impressed by him as a person and as a HC and the way he is running the show there. I think that FU will surprise a lot of people this year.....

Franks Tanks
August 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
My first reaction was "a snarky/douchey response from a Pard fan on AGS? I never thought I'd live to see the day ..."

Second thought was "Ha! I need to use that video sometime in the future. Well played".

Seriously, we could have pursued independent status, tried to join (then member) SB in the Big South, tried to angle for a spot in an expanded CAA or tried to spearhead a new Northeast based league from like minded scholarship committed schools. We may have failed at options 2,3 and 4 but my comment wasn't referencing who was beating down our door as much as the fact that we were not beating, knocking or tapping on any of those doors ourselves. Like it or not our leadership, as has been spoken to me directly, loves the PL affiliation. Shockingly I think our backup strategy if the PL said no to scholarships was to worry about it if it happened.

Regarding this season. Our O is going to be tough whether or not the UCONN kid plays. Expect DRAMATIC improvement in performance from our OL and O overall. Our special teams should be great. Big ? Is the D where we have talent but not sure what to expect. If our D is average I think we'll be better than .500 which would be a heckuva turnaround from last year IMO. If we're above average/good? We'll be a tough out in any game this year, save Cinci.

Cant stress enough how impressed I am with Moorhead and staff.

Guilty as charged!

I still think that when Fordham decided to offer scholarships they felt their days in the PL were numbered. That may still be the case, but it does appear that Fordham is here to stay for perhaps the next 5-10 years. I agree that Fordham has a lot of talent on the roster and Masella seemed to be in over his head at times. If Moorhead is who we think he is Fordham can be much better this year and in the future.

DFW HOYA
August 15th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I still think that when Fordham decided to offer scholarships they felt their days in the PL were numbered. That may still be the case, but it does appear that Fordham is here to stay for perhaps the next 5-10 years. I agree that Fordham has a lot of talent on the roster and Masella seemed to be in over his head at times. If Moorhead is who we think he is Fordham can be much better this year and in the future.

If they stay, great, but it's no sure thing. Many Fordham fans have higher expectations for football and if someone at the CAA showed interest, I think there would be some in return.

Former AD Frank McLaughlin was very supportive of the PL (to the irritation of many Ram fans). Since Fordham hasn't named a new AD, it remains to be seen what the new AD's view of its role in the PL will be.