PDA

View Full Version : App St lands Oregon Ducks WR transfer Tacoi Sumler

appst97
August 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Former Oregon Duck Tacoi Sumler is the newest Mountaineer!

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 11th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Who?

DPASU
August 11th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Also according to twitter, Reese Witherspoon was stabbed to death, the world ends in 2012, and the Catamounts might have a chance this year. People can make up all the lies they want. Wait until its official to say something.

Quick WR who had a hard time cracking O lineup. Welcome if true.

BEAR
August 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Who?

Grizalltheway
August 11th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Also according to twitter, Reese Witherspoon was stabbed to death, the world ends in 2012, and the Catamounts might have a chance this year. People can make up all the lies they want. Wait until its official to say something.

Quick WR who had a hard time cracking O lineup. Welcome if true.

I think any FCS team that gets a second-stringer from this Oregon program should be grateful.xnodx

T-Dog
August 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
It's confirmed. Met with the team today and will start practicing in the next couple days.

hapapp
August 11th, 2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.appstatenation.com/2012/08/11/football-recruiting-app-state-lands-4-star-oregon-transfer-wr/

Also confirmed by Mountaineer Illustrated (Rivals).

bjtheflamesfan
August 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Eh...my rule has always been to take every FBS transfer with a grain of salt. Just because you came from Oregon or Alabama or Florida State or LSU or wherever doesnt guarantee that you are going to blow away the FCS soon as you take the field. If he does well, great, but its not some birthright

AppMan
August 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Appalachian State coaching staff received a signed scholarship agreement from FBS transfe Tacoi Sumler. Over the weekend Oregon Ducks wide receiver Tacoi Sumler was in Boone for an official visit and the 5-foot-9, 173-pound slot receiver informed the ASU staff at dinner that he was joining the program. The 4-star recruit out of Miami, Florida received his release from Oregon earlier this week and had over 20 schools eeking his services. Sumler redshirted last season as a freshman at Oregon and will have four years of eligibility. He has explosive speed being timed in the 40 in the 4.24 to 4.28 range.

Out of high school Sumler held offers from numerous SEC, ACC, Big XII, Big Ten and Pac 12 programs.

Finally some really good news!

FurmanWins!!
August 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Not the miracle that Appy needs but maybe they can at least get a winning season in Jerry M's final season as coach ;)

Saint3333
August 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Four star receiver with 30+ BCS offers, oh yeah runs a sub 4.3 40. Certainly can't hurt.

asumike83
August 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Not the miracle that Appy needs but maybe they can at least get a winning season in Jerry M's final season as coach ;)

We don't need a miracle, we just need more weapons. If we hadn't made the playoffs since 2005 on the other hand, we may be searching for miracles. :D

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
left Oregon becouse of too many players in front, good standings with coach, just a numbers thing, we get him for 4 years. On paper atleast, this kid could be a terror in the spread offense, at the very least, we get a dangerous punt/kick returner, and a player that can open up the field for other receivers. Great pickup!!!!

Grizo406
August 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Reese Witherspoon was stabbed to death?

RIP, Elle...xbawlingx

I'll be it happened on a Jet-Boat!

seantaylor
August 12th, 2012, 01:13 AM
LOL. 4.2. Guy probably cant bust a 4.6. You aren't sitting for any school in the country if you run a 4.2.

techstate
August 12th, 2012, 01:19 AM
If you researched a little bit, you would see the the WR position at Oregon is the weakest position that they have. Being at 2 year player and still not able to climb up the depth chart to see the field a little bit isn't that impressive. Still wish the guy well.
Go Ducks!

Twentysix
August 12th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Reese Witherspoon was stabbed to death?

RIP, Elle...xbawlingx

I'll be it happened on a Jet-Boat!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/11/article-0-147D99F1000005DC-463_634x820.jpg

cheer up chicken little

Horseshoe App
August 12th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Chattown is that you?

Saint3333
August 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM
If you researched a little bit, you would see the the WR position at Oregon is the weakest position that they have. Being at 2 year player and still not able to climb up the depth chart to see the field a little bit isn't that impressive. Still wish the guy well.
Go Ducks!

Asking a kid to get playing time at Oregon as a redshirt freshman? If CP got received his services I imagine your tune would be different.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 07:29 AM
xlolx loving all the hate from everyone. Perhaps you're all a little worried? I would be too. This guy will be able to touch every corner in the FCS.

By the way, rumor has it the only reason he's transferring is to be closer to his parents in Miami. He wants to play immediately, move to a team with an Oregan style offense, and have a clear shot at the NFL eventually. App State was his only logical choice as an FCS squad that runs the JET and that's been vomiting NFL talent for years.

This is just as big a pickup as the honey badger without all the baggage.

blueballs
August 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM
xlolx loving all the hate from everyone. Perhaps you're all a little worried? I would be too. This guy will be able to touch every corner in the FCS.

By the way, rumor has it the only reason he's transferring is to be closer to his parents in Miami. He wants to play immediately, move to a team with an Oregan style offense, and have a clear shot at the NFL eventually. App State was his only logical choice as an FCS squad that runs the JET and that's been vomiting NFL talent for years.

This is just as big a pickup as the honey badger without all the baggage.

You didn't compare a guy who couldn't get on the field at Oregon and is transferring down a level just to have a chance to play with a Heisman Trophy finalist, did you?

Also, programs like UF, Bama, UGA, LSU, OSU "vomit" NFL talent... App has had a few good players but is hardly an NFL pipeline.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
You didn't compare a guy who couldn't get on the field at Oregon and is transferring down a level just to have a chance to play with a Heisman Trophy finalist, did you?

Also, programs like UF, Bama, UGA, LSU, OSU "vomit" NFL talent... App has had a few good players but is hardly an NFL pipeline.

I just told you why he transferred. It has nothing to do with a lack of PT, despite what the official word is. Take it or leave it.

By FCS standards, and this is an FCS forum, Appalachian vomits NFL talent. No other program in this subdivision comes close.

Saint3333
August 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
10 guys in NFL camps right now is pretty high.

Any FCS programs have more than that?

laxVik
August 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Four star receiver with 30+ BCS offers, oh yeah runs a sub 4.3 40. Certainly can't hurt.And he never was able to make anything other than the practice squad at UO. Somewhat telling as UO was not loaded at WR last year.

AppMan
August 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens throughout the season, but I've got an idea some guys are gonna be eating some crow.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
By the way, rumor has it the only reason he's transferring is to be closer to his parents in Miami So he moves almost 1000 miles away from home to be closer to it?xeyebrowx makes sense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I just told you why he transferred. It has nothing to do with a lack of PT, despite what the official word is. Take it or leave it.

By FCS standards, and this is an FCS forum, Appalachian vomits NFL talent. No other program in this subdivision comes close.

Pretty sure the Griz have more players in the league than you do.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 09:44 AM
So he moves almost 1000 miles away from home to be closer to it?xeyebrowx makes sense.

Name a school closer to Miami with all the prerequisites I mentioned earlier. NC is much closer than Oregan.

Saint3333
August 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
And he never was able to make anything other than the practice squad at UO. Somewhat telling as UO was not loaded at WR last year.

You guys might not understand the difference between a BCS program and an FCS one, even one of the elite programs?

No one is saying he's an all-America at this level year one, but he will help App over the next four years.

asumike83
August 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't expect him to come in and completely change the offense but I think he will be a nice addition in the slot and in the return game. While I've learned to temper my expectations with FBS transfers, this kid has elite speed and will have four years in the App program. He learned a similar system in Oregon and should pick up the offense quickly. Guys that run a sub 4.3 are hard to come by, especially at the FCS level. Very nice pick-up, in my opinion.

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
LOL. 4.2. Guy probably cant bust a 4.6. You aren't sitting for any school in the country if you run a 4.2.

One year under Coach Melton at Georgia Southern, and this kid runs a sub 4.0 40.

Hell, 4.24, thats only LB type speed at GSU.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?20759-Have-We-Ever-Had-a-Linebacker-This-Fast

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
12 for Montana, 9 for App, per ESPN.

And where the hell is Oregan, apphole?

Hammerhead
August 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah, but 2 of those former Montana Players are on the Vikings' roster so they should each count 50%. :) This is coming from someone who just spent $200 on an auction for a pair of limited edition Nike shoes in Purple and gold.

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM

Armanti Edwards
Jason Hunter
Dexter Jackson
Daniel Kilgore
Mark Legree
Corey Lynch
DJ Smith
Deandre Pressley
Travaris Cadet
Brian Quick

Thats 10 currently in camp. Marques Murrell just went from NFL to CFL.

mountaineerman
August 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
This just showes he chose App for a reason.

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 11:27 AM

Academics?

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM

And where the hell is Oregan, apphole?

I guess he should move to Montana to be closer to Miami then?

Sorry for the typo. Ever post I make Sat-Sun is done via iPhone.

mountaineer in Cane Land
August 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
If this kid is a legitimate 4.2 forty, he is going to scare the hell out of every defensive coordinator in the SC, at the very least he should open it up for other receivers. What worries me is alot of FBS transfers beieve they are entitled to a starting positon, without doing the work, and come in with poor attitudes. I think if he comes in and works hard and earns it, he will be fine, if not....

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I guess he should move to Montana to be closer to Miami then?

Sorry for the typo. Ever post I make Sat-Sun is done via iPhone.

Yeah hole, that's exactly what I was implying. xlolxxrolleyesx

You made a blatantly false statement, pwns and I corrected it. Relax.

hapapp
August 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I don't think there is a FCS program that wouldn't be excited to gain a transfer from a BCS program who has the potential this kid has. His presence in Boone guarantees nothing either for the kid or ASU. He has to produce on the field when given the chance. I see no need for App fans to act like this kid is the missing link or greatest thing to hit KBS. No one has actually seen him play a down of actual college football. On the other hand, I see no need for other programs to try and discount this as a potentially significant addition to App roster.

I'm sure he chose ASU for a variety of reasons. I'm sure the offense we run (especially with Satterfield calling the plays and running an offense somewhat similar to Oregon's) had something to do with it. I don't think his choosing ASU is a reflection of his pro aspirations or an indication of the "greatness" of our program. Things worked out for us...right place, right time...whatever. I'm glad he chose us, but it certainly doesn't merit trying to lord over other programs by suggesting it is a demonstration of our superiority.

Squealofthepig
August 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM
What's with the Griz/Mountaineer back and forth? I think the Griz fans here have been pretty supportive of Tacoi.

Lots of videos of him up on Youtube - the kid has some legs. His HS qb didn't do him many favors, but he can definitely find poorly thrown balls pretty well. Good pick-up for the Mountaineers - will he be eligible to play this year? I know he still has four years of eligibility left, just not sure if he gets to play this year.

And, yeah, moving from Oregon to Boone to be closer to Miami is just... well, at least in the same time zone? Bizarre.

ncguitarplyr
August 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I think one of the keys to remember is that, even though he's a transfer, we have this kid for 4 years. Even if he's not a complete game changer this season he has the potential and we have the time.

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
And, yeah, moving from Oregon to Boone to be closer to Miami is just... well, at least in the same time zone? Bizarre.

At least its in driving distance. Better than an $800 + round trip fare.

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Being away from home I'm sure had a role but not being good enough to move up the depth chart on a team that has unproven depth at WR probably had more to do with it.Isn't that why most FBS transfers leave anyways?

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Oregon signed (7) 4 star recievers in from 2009 on, and several more 3 star. All of them have speed to burn, even the 6 ft + guys are listed at 4.4 40s.

This kid was competing against very gifted athletes. Whether he left because there were guys in front of him or not, the SoCon talent level is nowhere near that of Oregon's. A 4 star player has a much higher chance of becoming an impact player in the Socon than he does at Oregon.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
At least its in driving distance. Better than an $800 + round trip fare.
Try $400 round trip from Eugene to Miami, gas for a car with 25 mpg is going to be a little under $275 plus nearly a 900 miles of maintenance/depreciation cost and the extra amount of travel time. I'm not doubting he's a hell of a player but don't tell me he is only moving from FBS Oregon to FCS North Carolina because of distance.

SpiritCymbal
August 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
One year under Coach Melton at Georgia Southern, and this kid runs a sub 4.0 40.

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?20759-Have-We-Ever-Had-a-Linebacker-This-Fast

Ironically, you link a thread where most GSU fans are calling bs on the original posters' claim.

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
A 4 star player has a much higher chance of becoming an impact player in the Socon than he does at Oregon.

OK :)

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Try $400 round trip from Eugene to Miami, gas for a car with 25 mpg is going to be a little under $275 plus nearly a 900 miles of maintenance/depreciation cost and the extra amount of travel time. I'm not doubting he's a hell of a player but don't tell me he is only moving from FBS Oregon to FCS North Carolina because of distance.

Kayak has the minimum round trip from Miami to Eugene at $526, with three stops. Nearly a 20 hour flight each way.

Who in their right mind spends 20 hours on a flight that should take 6?

A straight flight would cost over $1,000, and 2 stops, in the $700s.

My estimation is accurate.

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
OK :)

What? You dont think that a 4 star player has a better chance of becoming an impact player playing against a majority non ranked players, than he would against 4 and 5 star recruits in the Pac-10? Please.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Kayak has the minimum round trip from Miami to Eugene at $526, with three stops. Nearly a 20 hour flight each way.

Who in their right mind spends 20 hours on a flight that should take 6?

A straight flight would cost over $1,000, and 2 stops, in the $700s.

My estimation is accurate.
well im glad you dont plan my trips and your estimation sucks

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:EUG,to:MIA,departure:11%2F29%2F2012TANYT&leg2=from:MIA,to:EUG,departure:12%2F05%2F2012TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinl ap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

$411 w/ tax & fees, 10 hr 33 min. you seem to want to double everything, typical bull****ter tactic...

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:EUG,to:MIA,departure:11%2F29%2F2012TANYT&leg2=from:MIA,to:EUG,departure:12%2F05%2F2012TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinl ap:Y&options=cabinclass:coach,nopenalty:N,sortby:price&mode=search

$411 w/ tax & fees, 10 hr 33 min. you seem to want to double everything, typical bull****ter tactic...

And it's a 13 hour drive from Miami to Boone.

Nickels
August 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
And it's a 13 hour drive from Miami to Boone.
exactly, and as a parent would you rather put your kid on a plane or driving half way up the country?
and if you wanted to fly from north carolina to miami from boone (cheapest tickets $300) you would have to drive nearly 2 hrs to get to an airport. so flying is nearly the same in cost.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
It's half the distance than coming from Nike U. Shut up already.

Poetic justice=Sumler scores The winning TD against the jizzlies.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2012, 02:17 PM
My rule with FBS transfers has always been wait and see. This guy may come in and end up an All-American and future Walter Payton Award winner, He may be a solid contributor but not as awesome as people make him out to be, or he could be a total flop. I wont pass any definitive judgements other than Im interested to see how he does. Just because you come from a Pac-12 school or Big 12 school or SEC school, or whatever FBS conference doesnt mean that the second you hit the field in FCS or lower that youll be a superstar. If he does well, great...if he isnt the next Armanti Edwards (or Brian Quick), it doesnt mean he was a total failure.

GlassOnion
August 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from%3AMiami%2C+FL%2C+United+States+%28MIA-Miami+Intl.%29%2Cto%3AEugene%2C+OR%2C+United+State s+%28EUG-Mahlon+Sweet+Field%29%2Cdeparture%3A08%2F31%2F2012 TANYT&leg2=from%3AEugene%2C+OR%2C+United+States+%28EUG-Mahlon+Sweet+Field%29%2Cto%3AMiami%2C+FL%2C+United +States+%28MIA-Miami+Intl.%29%2Cdeparture%3A09%2F01%2F2012TANYT&passengers=children%3A0%2Cadults%3A1%2Cseniors%3A0 %2Cinfantinlap%3AY&options=cabinclass%3Aeconomy%2Cnopenalty%3AN%2Csor tby%3Aprice&mode=search

And 20 hours was round trip. I am familiar with flying from Ca to NC, its 6 hours, no reason a trip from Eugene to FL should take twice as long, unless youre flying US postal service ride along.

I like how youre buying tickets umpteen months ahead of schedule to get the $400. I guess the Oregon Ducks know exactly when their bowl game wll come, 6 months before hand right?

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I think the point is that this isn't some ordinary big time transfer. This is one of most touted HS recruits in the nation in 2011, he comes to us with 4 years of eligibility and he has no baggage whatsoever.

The blind hate from these folks is thinly veiled jealousy, plain and simple.

bjtheflamesfan
August 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Which is all fine and good Apphole, Im just not ready to anoint him as the next two time Walter Payton Award winner just yet personally.

UNIFanSince1983
August 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
We had a guy transfer in from USC a few years ago. In high school he was rated #3 overall player in the same class as Reggie Bush. Guess what you probably don't even know who he is. His name was Whitney Lewis and he didn't pan out. So just because you are highly recruited out of high school does not mean you will be a great player even at the FCS level. I think wait until he gets on the field to tell us how great he is going to be and winning you guys 3 more National Championships.

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's half the distance than coming from Nike U. Shut up already.

Poetic justice=Sumler scores The winning TD against the jizzlies.

The butthurt is strong in this one. Hopefully this will help ease the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I don't think it is blind hate at all.People are not going to put him on a pedestal because his college career consists of 3 catches for 15 yards and he was this and that in high school.The only recent FBS transfer that I know of that has made a damn bit of difference at the FCS level is Flanders.Until this kid actually plays some college ball he is just another number on a roster.You should know people here are not going to respect him because of that star rating crap.On the field performance gets you respect here.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
The butthurt is strong in this one. Hopefully this will help ease the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knX92v66gg8

xlolx Butt hurt about landing the one of fastest players in te FCS now? I believe that would be you fellas. Apps by 14+ come Sept 8

HandoEX
August 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
The only recent FBS transfer that I know of that has made a damn bit of difference at the FCS level is Flanders.

Uh, Bo Levi Mitchell won a National Championship and a Payton Award. Shaw and Devlin did ok as well.

hapapp
August 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I think everyone knows the number one reason he is transferring is to get more playing time. I can't believe this devolved into a debate over how long a flight it is and how much it costs to fly from Eugene to Miami or whether his parents would rather he fly or drive home. The only thing that matters at this point is he is in Boone. Whether it truly matters or not, only time will tell.

asu>gsu
August 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM

How about Satterfield running the offense, Jamal Jackson coming into his own, and an offensive line that will average 6'3 295. Or maybe Quartterio Morgan and Tysean Holloway in the backfield? App isn't furman, a winning season isn't a problem to worry about.

asumike83
August 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I think one of the keys to remember is that, even though he's a transfer, we have this kid for 4 years. Even if he's not a complete game changer this season he has the potential and we have the time.

Exactly. The 4-star rating and 40-yard dash time means one thing: the kid has serious potential. Will he pan out? Only time will tell but he's not a one-year rental or a guy who's been a problem off the field. We will have this kid in the program for four seasons and I'd be very surprised if he does not help our team before he's done. He would not have seen much playing time at Oregon but it is all relative. Not being able to get reps as a redshirt freshman for a program who has pulled in top 10-15 recruiting classes the past two seasons does not mean he can't play. He wants to play now and he has a chance to do that much sooner at Appalachian than he would have at Oregon. Running a very similar offense had to help our cause as well.

The comparison of driving time, flight prices, etc. between Eugene and Boone is a bit much but I do think that being on the East coast was probably a prerequisite. Obviously, Boone is not close to Miami but it is an easier trip than Oregon and you also have to consider that from his family's standpoint, they'll probably enjoy being able to watch him play before 10PM local time.

asumike83
August 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Lots of videos of him up on Youtube - the kid has some legs. His HS qb didn't do him many favors, but he can definitely find poorly thrown balls pretty well. Good pick-up for the Mountaineers - will he be eligible to play this year? I know he still has four years of eligibility left, just not sure if he gets to play this year.

Yes, he is expected to begin practicing this week in preparation for the 2012 season. Since he is moving down a subdivision, he will not have to sit out. I'd imagine that was a big factor in him choosing App over FIU/FAU. They both wanted him and are located in his back yard but he would have had to sit out. He took a redshirt last season and it doesn't sound like he wanted to be on the sidelines for another year.

crossfire07
August 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Uh, Bo Levi Mitchell won a National Championship and a Payton Award. Shaw and Devlin did ok as well.

Like I said, "those that I know of"

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
xlolx Butt hurt about landing the one of fastest players in te FCS now? I believe that would be you fellas. Apps by 14+ come Sept 8

No, butt hurt about being blatantly wrong, and consequently lashing out and deflecting.
Maybe you should refer to my first post in this thread if you feel that I'm just writing the guy off:

I think any FCS team that gets a second-stringer from this Oregon program should be grateful

We'll see what happens in Boone, but it is funny to see someone guaranteeing victory over a team you're 0-fer against.

OrygunBison
August 12th, 2012, 05:05 PM

Yeah, I remember that "AWESOME!!!" GSU speed in Fargo some 8 months ago. Gosh, golly darn, our poor ol' fat farm boys just couldn't keep up.

FWIW, it doesn't matter how fast a guy is if he gets knocked out of his cleats on every play. I'm sure the GSU players would agree.

asumike83
August 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
We'll see what happens in Boone, but it is funny to see someone guaranteeing victory over a team you're 0-fer against.

To be fair, the two games were National Semifinals in Missoula and they each came down to the final seconds with one going to overtime, so it's not like there is a long history of domination. I'm not guaranteeing a win by any stretch but I do think Appalachian will be favored, which was not the case in either of the prior meetings.

Apphole
August 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
No, butt hurt about being blatantly wrong, and consequently lashing out and deflecting.
Maybe you should refer to my first post in this thread if you feel that I'm just writing the guy off:

I was off by one person on the NFL player numbers (13 vs 14). That was one of several reasons he's landed here and you harped on it like it was the only claim I've made. You're focusing on minutia to try and devalue an incredibly solid pick up for us.

And we've played twice in the past 12 years. We're not talking an App/Elon 0fer here. You're strolling into OUR environment this time and with a team ravaged by controversy. I'm confident.

Grizalltheway
August 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I was off by one person on the NFL player numbers (13 vs 14). That was one of several reasons he's landed here and you harped on it like it was the only claim I've made. You're focusing on minutia to try and devalue an incredibly solid pick up for us.

And we've played twice in the past 12 years. We're not talking an App/Elon 0fer here. You're strolling into OUR environment this time and with a team ravaged by controversy. I'm confident.

Wrong (still). I've said two times now that I think he's a solid pick up for you guys. I may be focusing on minutia, but you're taking what I said about him and twisting it around completely.

I think App should absolutely be favored in this game, and I realize that Boone is a very difficult place to get a win, just like Missoula. To be honest, I would actually be kind of surprised if we pull it off. But we've shown in recent years that we can play away from home--took down #1 JMU in their house, came up short against #1 Sam, but flat out dominated them for three quarters.

cbarrier90
August 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Three recent FBS transfers at ASU off the top of my head:

Drew Stewart, K, Marshall (2011)
Tim Washington, DT, LSU (2006..?)
Travaris Cadet, QB/RB/WR, Toledo (2009)

History says any FBS transfer no matter how sought-after they were in high school typically doesn't become a program-changer at ASU a la Bo Levi Mitchell at EWU. I'll withhold judgment 'til I see this kid on the field. Fortunately, he'll be in Boone for four years, so he'll have time to make the adjustment and hopefully make a big impact.

I also find it interesting that kids can be rated 4 stars, be showered with accolades and pick from a number of FBS schools then all of a sudden they want to transfer to the FCS level and it's "buried on the depth chart..." "too small..." "not fast enough..." etc.

And what happened to all the goodwill between ASU and Montana fans? Both fanbases are better than the sparring in this thread...

AppMan
August 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Academics?

Probably so since Yale & Harvard tried to sign him.

AppMan
August 12th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The release said ASU was the first program to contact him. Since he played some games in FIU's stadium Satterfield had to be very much aware of him. If I were a betting man I'd put money on his parents contaced Satterfield after he was granted a release.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Three recent FBS transfers at ASU off the top of my head:

Drew Stewart, K, Marshall (2011)
Tim Washington, DT, LSU (2006..?)
Travaris Cadet, QB/RB/WR, Toledo (2009)

History says any FBS transfer no matter how sought-after they were in high school typically doesn't become a program-changer at ASU a la Bo Levi Mitchell at EWU. I'll withhold judgment 'til I see this kid on the field. Fortunately, he'll be in Boone for four years, so he'll have time to make the adjustment and hopefully make a big impact.

I also find it interesting that kids can be rated 4 stars, be showered with accolades and pick from a number of FBS schools then all of a sudden they want to transfer to the FCS level and it's "buried on the depth chart..." "too small..." "not fast enough..." etc.

Devin Radford would also be on that list, a VA Tech transfer in 2008. He was never a star but he did contribute on offense and special teams when healthy. Stewart is difficult to compare because he is a kicker but he is listed as our #1 FG kicker going into the season. While I'm not sure I would consider Travaris a program-changer, he sure did a lot for us. He was moved from QB to WR and back to QB before settling in at RB his last two seasons. Once he found his position, he was productive in 2010-2011 as a runner (1,271 yards, 12 TD) as well as a receiver (551 yards, 2 TD) in spite of some very predictable play-calling, while also handling kick and punt returns. If Sumler gives us the same kind of production as Cadet, I'd say this was an excellent pick-up.

It is very easy to get buried on the depth chart at a program like Oregon with the recruiting classes they've brought in the past several years. They have 8 other WR on the roster who were rated as 4-star prospects out of high school. As you mentioned, we've got him for all four years and he'll have time to settle in and make an impact. I do think the talent is there.

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Devin Radford would also be on that list, a VA Tech transfer in 2008. He was never a star but he did contribute on offense and special teams when healthy. Stewart is difficult to compare because he is a kicker but he is listed as our #1 FG kicker going into the season. While I'm not sure I would consider Travaris a program-changer, he sure did a lot for us. He was moved from QB to WR and back to QB before settling in at RB his last two seasons. Once he found his position, he was productive in 2010-2011 as a runner (1,271 yards, 12 TD) as well as a receiver (551 yards, 2 TD) in spite of some very predictable play-calling, while also handling kick and punt returns. If Sumler gives us the same kind of production as Cadet, I'd say this was an excellent pick-up.

It is very easy to get buried on the depth chart at a program like Oregon with the recruiting classes they've brought in the past several years. They have 8 other WR on the roster who were rated as 4-star prospects out of high school. As you mentioned, we've got him for all four years and he'll have time to settle in and make an impact. I do think the talent is there.

I see FBS transfers in three categories. There are the Ingle Martin types that are the missing piece of the puzzle that elevate a good team to national title contender. There are the Travaris Cadet types that become solid role players and add depth. There are the Antonio Henton types that come with much fanfare and are completely useless.

It will yet to be seen where this kid fits in. He probably has talent, but also has some stiff competition, I would imagine. It is not like App State is thin on 5'11-6'0/185-195lbs QB/WR/KR hybrids with speed. They probably have 30 on roster already.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
It will yet to be seen where this kid fits in. He probably has talent, but also has some stiff competition, I would imagine. It is not like App State is thin on 5'11-6'0/185-195lbs QB/WR/KR hybrids with speed. They probably have 30 on roster already.

Can't argue with that. He will be competing primarily with Tony Washington and Andrew Peacock for playing time and while those two do not boast the sub-4.3 speed that Sumler does, they are both established receivers that Jamal Jackson is familiar with who have good speed themselves and are a bit bigger and stronger. I expect this kid to play as a freshman but I'd be surprised if he jumped past either of them on the depth chart.

asu3peat
August 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
The biggest positive about this pick-up is adding scholarship depth to a WR corp that only has 6 scholly receivers. I'm not expecting Sumler to come in and set the world on fire (hope he does) but this offense definitely needs some slot guys on the 2 deep to sub in with consistent and productive play while the starters rest.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
The guy does have incredible speed. He still isn't the number 1 type reciever that is likely to carry a passing game even in the SOCON, but he adds huge play potential to a WR core that was lacking in all aspects.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM
The guy does have incredible speed. He still isn't the number 1 type reciever that is likely to carry a passing game even in the SOCON, but he adds huge play potential to a WR core that was lacking in all aspects.

We are actually pretty solid in terms of slot receivers. Andrew Peacock (48 receptions, 564 yards in 2011) and Tony Washington (32 receptions, 355 yards in 2011) will be asked to take a bigger role this season but they are both quality guys with good speed. The question will be whether redshirt freshman Sean Price is ready to step in and be the big target on the outside. He's got all the physical tools but no experience. That will go a long way in determining how successful our passing game is.

asknoquarter21
August 13th, 2012, 09:59 AM
We are actually pretty solid in terms of slot receivers. Andrew Peacock (48 receptions, 564 yards in 2011) and Tony Washington (32 receptions, 355 yards in 2011) will be asked to take a bigger role this season but they are both quality guys with good speed. The question will be whether redshirt freshman Sean Price is ready to step in and be the big target on the outside. He's got all the physical tools but no experience. That will go a long way in determining how successful our passing game is.

Seems he is progressing well so far from the reports I have seen.

I like the Sumler pick up a lot. He has a chance to add something we haven't had since Dexter Jackson(and I don't expect that next year). Of course there is always the possibility that he doesn't pan out and never ends up contributing to the program, but I think it will work out for him at ASU and at the worst I think we added a player similar to what James Hill gave us several years ago. Not a name many know, but he was a decent player with great speed just had a hard time understanding how to get open and use his speed.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I think the guy can make an immediate impact in the KR/PR game. Cadet was our guy last year and he's wearing a different black and gold these days. Who's our starting KR/PR anyway? Steven Miller? Sumler might now be the fastest guy in the FCS. If he is half way competent fielding kicks, I'd expect to see him as our starter in that position pretty soon.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Dont forget Chris Starks either, he's a track speed guy. All kinds of speed on this Offense.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Really? xlolx

We just went from staked to loaded when it comes to starters. Depth is a concern and that's another upside to landing Sumler. Our top 3 receivers are among the best in the conference. The list drops suddenly after that though.

Rekdiver
August 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM

It's nice to see a GSU fan keep up with the Griz since GSU has so few players at the next level.

Rekdiver
August 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
We've had FBS players transfer to App before. He will still have to earn his PT. This one will not make or break us but on paper he has potential and sees that if he wants to play at the next level he will get more exposure here than staying at O. This is eye opening for future recruits.

blueballs
August 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
It's nice to see a GSU fan keep up with the Griz since GSU has so few players at the next level.

TEAM me

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Really? xlolx

We just went from staked to loaded when it comes to starters. Depth is a concern and that's another upside to landing Sumler. Our top 3 receivers are among the best in the conference. The list drops suddenly after that though.

Who really knows about your WRs. They may have great talent because even your high NFL draft pick never put up spectacular numbers of the course over a season so you may be right.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
We've had FBS players transfer to App before. He will still have to earn his PT. This one will not make or break us but on paper he has potential and sees that if he wants to play at the next level he will get more exposure here than staying at O. This is eye opening for future recruits.

He sees that he was the number 3 redshirt freshman wide out on Oregon's roster.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
If our offense is run the way it is designed to work, we won't see eye-popping numbers from the receivers.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I see FBS transfers in three categories. There are the Ingle Martin types that are the missing piece of the puzzle that elevate a good team to national title contender. There are the Travaris Cadet types that become solid role players and add depth. There are the Antonio Henton types that come with much fanfare and are completely useless.

+1

fc97
August 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
i think there is a type 4 - the ones that come in, get in trouble and are dismissed in quick order

PaladinFan
August 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Who really knows about your WRs. They may have great talent because even your high NFL draft pick never put up spectacular numbers of the course over a season so you may be right.

You make a good point. App lost a playmaker in Brian Quick, but more than that, the lost a guy that commanded the defense's attention.

Quick's value to App was not only that he could catch a football, but it was also that he could run a fly route and take the other team's best defensive back away from the play.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM
You make a good point. App lost a playmaker in Brian Quick, but more than that, the lost a guy that commanded the defense's attention.

Quick's value to App was not only that he could catch a football, but it was also that he could run a fly route and take the other team's best defensive back away from the play.

His name is Sean Price and he will have a similar effect.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM
If our offense is run the way it is designed to work, we won't see eye-popping numbers from the receivers.

Do you guys run the hyper-hurry-up offense like Oregon (and us last season)? Just curious, as the game on Sept 8 could set a record for most plays from scrimmage if you do.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Georgia Southern didnt pay any attention to him.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Do you guys run the hyper-hurry-up offense like Oregon (and us last season)? Just curious, as the game on Sept 8 could set a record for most plays from scrimmage if you do.

We have 3 offensive sets, one of which is "JET." That is the hurry hurry up O you're talking about. With SS back, this is our primary set. Word from practices so far has said the team is getting faster and faster with it. Now if only those brain dead SoCon refs can get the ball placed on time so we don't have to wait.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Georgia Southern didnt pay any attention to him.

Bitching about the "bad call" in the endzone in 3...2...

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM

We do (again) now! In Satterfield's first season back, one of the primary goals is to speed up the tempo and get back to running the 'jet' offense that we ran with Armanti. There should be no shortage of excitement when y'all come to Boone!

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
His name is Sean Price and he will have a similar effect.

From a measurable standpoint, he should have no problem running a fly route and drawing a corner away from the play. Very similar frame (6-5, 210) as Quick and actually has a better 40 time. He'll still have to make plays to earn the defense's respect and draw a crowd like BQ did though. I'm real excited to see this kid play meaningful snaps.

bjtheflamesfan
August 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
As I said, you dont know if this Sumler kid will be the next incarnation of Jerry Rice for yall (although I guess Apphole thinks he will be I dont know). He may well be, we dont know, but just because he comes from Oregon doesnt mean he is gonna instantly lead the nation in yards and TDs and defenses will be powerless to stop him and he ends up a two time Walter Payton Award winner.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
although I guess Apphole thinks he will be I dont know

Never said that, big guy, just trying to balance all the negative nancy talk. He has unlimited potential with his speed and ball hawk abilities. Anything could happen. He could become the greatest football player of all time and he could get hurt on day one and never sniff the field.

SpeedkingATL
August 13th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Nice to have one additional playmaker available with that kind of speed.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM
We do (again) now! In Satterfield's first season back, one of the primary goals is to speed up the tempo and get back to running the 'jet' offense that we ran with Armanti. There should be no shortage of excitement when y'all come to Boone!

No doubt about that, wish I could make the trek out there. xnodxxnodx

ASU_Fanatic
August 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I wanted Honey Badger not this scrub

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Incredible talent but I could do without a guy who's failed three drug tests coming to Boone for a one-year stop before heading to the NFL. We've had enough questions off the field, not a good time to take a kid with all that baggage.

ASU_Fanatic
August 13th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Incredible talent but I could do without a guy who's failed three drug tests coming to Boone for a one-year stop before heading to the NFL. We've had enough questions off the field, not a good time to take a kid with all that baggage.

The kid is arguably the best defensive player in the nation and is really exciting on punt returns too. Any team should be thrilled to land him.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I couldnt care less about HB's drug tests, if he approached App, I'd welcome him, but I would not go out and recruit him. I am not in favor of blacklisting an athlete for a hypocritical set of laws. If pot is illegal, so should tobacco, alcohol and diet pills.

Food is more of a drug than pot.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 02:36 PM
The kid is arguably the best defensive player in the nation and is really exciting on punt returns too. Any team should be thrilled to land him.

No question about his ability on the field. With all that has happened off the field at Appalachian, I really think it sends the wrong message to pursue a guy who's been disciplined numerous times for failed drug tests, especially when he'd be a one-year rental. In my view, this is a case where the program has to be bigger than one player.

Plus, probably a moot point since the only possible FCS destination appears to be McNeese and Coach Moore has a policy about not taking transfers that didn't leave their prior school in good standing.

344Johnson
August 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM

Wasn't even the best corner on LSU's team.

Great. A punt returner. Cool beans.

Be thrilled to land a guy who gets kicked off an SEC team for multiple drug violations? That is going to make the program look real good.

UNH Fanboi
August 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Appalachian State coaching staff received a signed scholarship agreement from FBS transfe Tacoi Sumler. Over the weekend Oregon Ducks wide receiver Tacoi Sumler was in Boone for an official visit and the 5-foot-9, 173-pound slot receiver informed the ASU staff at dinner that he was joining the program. The 4-star recruit out of Miami, Florida received his release from Oregon earlier this week and had over 20 schools eeking his services. Sumler redshirted last season as a freshman at Oregon and will have four years of eligibility. He has explosive speed being timed in the 40 in the 4.24 to 4.28 range.

Out of high school Sumler held offers from numerous SEC, ACC, Big XII, Big Ten and Pac 12 programs.

Finally some really good news!

4.24 to 4.28 range? I'm calling BS on that. A total of 3 players in the past 7 years have run between a 4.24 and 4.28 at the NFL combine.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I couldnt care less about HB's drug tests, if he approached App, I'd welcome him, but I would not go out and recruit him. I am not in favor of blacklisting an athlete for a hypocritical set of laws. If pot is illegal, so should tobacco, alcohol and diet pills.

Here, here.

I wouldn't favor picking up the Badger out of concern for a public perception. We're battling the perception of ASU football players being "above the law" ect after the sex scandal crap and now we've set a precedent by kicking Rizor off after beating up the tennis player. Seems like a new 0 tolerance precedent to get the flak to stop. If we took a guy as famous as the HB after he got kicked off for multiple violations, we'd undo all of that.

I'm with you though. Pot should be legal and a player losing his scholarship as a result of smoking is an injustice.

Side note: If the HB is indeed a pot head, landing in Boone would be the best thing to ever happen to him.

Is that officially what he tested positive for? I assumed the same thing, just wondering if you'd heard officially.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Trust me, I agree with you in regards to how hypocritical the marijuana laws are in our country. It is certainly less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco. Legalizing it would decrease the drug violence associated with importing it into the U.S. and allow the government to regulate the product. With all the new tax revenue that would be generated along with the money saved on prosecuting petty crimes, legalizing it would be a huge economic boost as well.

That being said, it still says something to me that a kid would knowingly violate team/NCAA rules on a regular basis even after being suspended for it. Regardless of how we feel about the law, it is still the rule and if getting high takes precedence over being there for your teammates, your priorities are in the wrong place.

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 02:52 PM
4.24 to 4.28 range? I'm calling BS on that. A total of 3 players in the past 7 years have run between a 4.24 and 4.28 at the NFL combine.

Video from the Nike Sparq Ratings Championships:

http://vimeo.com/13262706

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I'm having trouble pronouncing his name so I'm gonna go ahead and call him "The Flash" from now on...

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Trust me, I agree with you in regards to how hypocritical the marijuana laws are in our country. It is certainly less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco. Legalizing it would decrease the drug violence associated with importing it into the U.S. and allow the government to regulate the product. With all the new tax revenue that would be generated along with the money saved on prosecuting petty crimes, legalizing it would be a huge economic boost as well.

That being said, it still says something to me that a kid would knowingly violate team/NCAA rules on a regular basis even after being suspended for it. Regardless of how we feel about the law, it is still the rule and if getting high takes precedence over being there for your teammates, your priorities are in the wrong place.

I agree that its not a great decision, but how much do you want to bet HB's pot smoking was a team event. I guarantee you he was not the only one on that team smoking. One thing about potheads, they dont smoke alone.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Video from the Nike Sparq Ratings Championships:

http://vimeo.com/13262706

LoL! An electronically timed 4.28!!

Haha, argue on people, argue on.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
One thing about potheads, they dont smoke alone.

I thought you graduated from pot smoker to pot head the first time you blazed up alone?

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I thought you graduated from pot smoker to pot head the first time you blazed up alone?

Shoot, I dont know any pothead that smoked alone. What fun is a 2am Taco Bell run alone? That, and its just sad to pay for that huge taco and burrito family sized meal by yourself.

344Johnson
August 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm with you though. Pot should be legal and a player losing his scholarship as a result of smoking is an injustice.

It can't really be much an injustice when it is illegal and he had been warned multiple times. Argue on about if it should be legal or not, but if you are going to do something illegal, you can't get too bent out of shape when it bites you in the ***.

Apphole
August 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
It can't really be much an injustice when it is illegal and he had been warned multiple times. Argue on about if it should be legal or not, but if you are going to do something illegal, you can't get too bent out of shape when it bites you in the ***.

Oh yes, I agree completely. When you're not only representing the team, but you're the most famous on the team, and you blow off the rules, you deserve the consequences. But it's an outdated, hypocritical rule.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 03:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Disobedience_(Thoreau)

Youre welcome for the enlightenment.

344Johnson
August 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Disobedience_(Thoreau)

Youre welcome for the enlightenment.\

There is a difference between something major like taking a stand against slavery and taking a stand against the laws regarding a recreational drug.

You wasted your time.

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM
\

There is a difference between something major like taking a stand against slavery and taking a stand against the laws regarding a recreational drug.

You wasted your time.

Same basic principle. The government has one purpose, to protect our freedom. A person's rights end where another person's begin, IE as long as what Im doing doesnt hurt someone else, its my right. But, I digress. If you like, we can continue philosphy on another board.

UNH Fanboi
August 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
LoL! An electronically timed 4.28!!

Haha, argue on people, argue on.

I find it hard to believe that an 18 year old is tied with the fastest time of anyone who has participated in the NFL combine in the past 13 years (since electronic timing has been used). That video is tough to argue against, but an an anamolous number like that justifies some skepticism. Apparently at another camp he was clicked at 4.35.

blueballs
It doesn't matter whether the weed is legal or not. When the kid signed his GIA and became part of the LSU football program he agreed to abide by team rules or suffer the consequences as adjudged by the coaching staff.

He didn't and did.............. that simple.

GlassOnion
I find it hard to believe that an 18 year old is tied with the fastest time of anyone who has participated in the NFL combine in the past 13 years (since electronic timing has been used). That video is tough to argue against, but an an anamolous number like that justifies some skepticism. Apparently at another camp he was clicked at 4.35.

I have yet to see an athlete hit the same number on every timed run...

asumike83
August 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM

Even if he was clocked at a 4.35, he's been timed at just over and just under a 4.3 second 40-yard dash and at the particular camp in the video, consistently below 4.3. That is elite speed. 4.35 would have been the second fastest time at the 2012 NFL Combine.

blueballs
August 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Q: Why did the kid transfer from Oregon to App?
A: Because he wasn't good enough to make the team at Chattanooga and App was the closest program to Chattanooga.

asknoquarter21
August 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
A: Because he wasn't good enough to make the team at Chattanooga and App was the closest program to Chattanooga.

What I am hearing as well.

crossfire07
August 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
If he is so fast, why wasn't he in the Olympics?

GlassOnion
August 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM

Why dont you ask him?

"Sumler, a 5-foot-9, 177 pound native of Miami, was perhaps the fastest player in the country in the 2011 recruiting class, with a 4.24-second 40-yard dash. He was a prep all-American and a four-star recruit." - Rob Moseley of The Register Guard newspaper, Eugene OR.

appsfan
August 13th, 2012, 07:28 PM

He was heard to say that due to the Chatty snub, he chose Appalachian so he could torment UT-C for the next 4 years. ;)

Saint3333
August 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM

40 vs. 100 big difference. Chris Johnson, Deion, Dexter Jackson all run 4.3s they weren't in the Olympics either.

GreatAppSt
August 13th, 2012, 07:47 PM

Academics?

good one :D

xoutofrepx

seantaylor
August 14th, 2012, 01:02 AM
I really hope people don't actually believe he runs anywhere near a 4.2. Lamichael James ran a high 4.4 at the combine, and he was by far the fastest guy on Oregon's team.

Nickels
August 14th, 2012, 04:56 AM
I really hope people don't actually believe he runs anywhere near a 4.2. Lamichael James ran a high 4.4 at the combine, and he was by far the fastest guy on Oregon's team.
It was timed by his coach using a stopwatch xnodx

asumike83
August 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM

Wow. You were able to go out to Eugene last season and watch LaMichael James run foot races against every guy on the team? I mean, the kid took a redshirt and since he was not on the field at all to compare, there would be no other way you could possibly make that statement. That must have been quite the experience, please tell us more.

bjtheflamesfan
August 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
(insert condescending Wonka meme here)

hapapp
August 14th, 2012, 07:03 AM
More info on his decision to transfer:

http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/Sports/story/Mountaineers-land-receiver-from-Oregon-id-008717

asknoquarter21
August 14th, 2012, 07:54 AM

Wrong

DeAnthony Thomas is an absolute blaze.

AppMan
August 14th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Devin got hurt shortly after arriving at ASU and never fully recovered.

it's fun to see Sumler's transfer to ASU causing so much angst for some folks on here. Here is some additional video on the young man. I'd say this pretty much puts the kibosh on the notion he had academic issuesa t the Big O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc_xLJXBomk&feature=related

fc97
August 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Same basic principle. The government has one purpose, to protect our freedom. A person's rights end where another person's begin, IE as long as what Im doing doesnt hurt someone else, its my right. But, I digress. If you like, we can continue philosphy on another board.

whoa, i log on to agree with you. mark this day down.

i disagree though. the fundamental role of government isnt here to protect our freedom, it is to protect us from each other. the fundamental problem with a democracy is its basic mob rule. :)

GlassOnion
August 14th, 2012, 09:25 AM
whoa, i log on to agree with you. mark this day down.

i disagree though. the fundamental role of government isnt here to protect our freedom, it is to protect us from each other. the fundamental problem with a democracy is its basic mob rule. :)

See, I knew, very deep down, that I liked you.

Mob rule was already foreseen, Ben Franklin said, "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Sounds like redistribution to me.

asumike83
August 14th, 2012, 10:55 AM
(insert condescending Wonka meme here)

Ah yes! My personal favorite:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/376225_4051548400810_712491533_n.jpg

Waco Kid
August 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
It's funny the only people that have mentioned Tacoi and All-American or Payton finalest are fans of other teams. Some App fans have said he could be a game changer against SoCon competition while others said lets wait and see. All I know is that any team in FCS would love to have a guy with this type of speed, and apparently a good head on his shoulders. If he was smart enough for Harvard and Yale to talk to him i think he could make it through most of the programs in the country.

Grizalltheway
August 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ah yes! My personal favorite:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/376225_4051548400810_712491533_n.jpg

xlolxxlolxxlolx

PaladinFan
August 14th, 2012, 12:10 PM
It's funny the only people that have mentioned Tacoi and All-American or Payton finalest are fans of other teams. Some App fans have said he could be a game changer against SoCon competition while others said lets wait and see. All I know is that any team in FCS would love to have a guy with this type of speed, and apparently a good head on his shoulders. If he was smart enough for Harvard and Yale to talk to him i think he could make it through most of the programs in the country.

I do not get excited about 40 times. When football games become track meets, I will tune in to such things. Schools, however, can always use a few more character kids with talent.

Like everyone else, he will have to earn his stripes.

cbarrier90
August 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Oh, goodness, where to begin with this...

phoenix3
August 14th, 2012, 12:52 PM
See, I knew, very deep down, that I liked you.

Mob rule was already foreseen, Ben Franklin said, "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Sounds like redistribution to me.

WOW! We may not agree on certain football issues but D@MN we agree on that! I like someone that understands that the US isn't a democracy but a republic and why!

GlassOnion
August 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
WOW! We may not agree on certain football issues but D@MN we agree on that! I like someone that understands that the US isn't a democracy but a republic and why!

I now forgive Elon for being Elon. Go in peace my friends. xsalutex

fc97
August 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
it amazes me the number of people who think we are a democracy. it also amazes me that people vote on who gives them the most.

Grizalltheway
August 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM

There's direct democracy (i.e. cantons in Switzerland or ballot initiatives) and there's representative democracy.

GlassOnion
August 14th, 2012, 02:23 PM
There's direct democracy (i.e. cantons in Switzerland or ballot initiatives) and there's representative democracy.

We have a Constitution that guarantees our rights. The majority cannot vote and take away those rights. We're a Republic, not a representative democracy, although you could call it a constitutional democracy, which IS a Republic.

Grizalltheway
August 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
We have a Constitution that guarantees our rights. The majority cannot vote and take away those rights. We're a Republic, not a representative democracy, although you could call it a constitutional democracy, which IS a Republic.

Fair enough.

AppMan
August 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Yep and the USA is a representative republic. Count the number of times the word democracy appears in the Constitution. Hint.... it's less than 1. The Founders understood a democracy could not last as the majority would simply vote their way into a position power, regardless if that position was good for tne nation or not. It appears their fears have come to pass as the nation is getting dangerously close to the tipping point where a majority of those who contribute little or nothing to the national treasury will demand even more of those who contribute the most to it. Yet those on the left talk about the wealthy pay their "fair share"..... Making everyone pay something would be a much better idea.

Grizalltheway
August 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Yep and the USA is a representative republic. Count the number of times the word democracy appears in the Constitution. Hint.... it's less than 1.

We still have a democratic system of choosing leaders. Do I really have to bust out dictionary.com here?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy

AppMan
August 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
We still have a democratic system of choosing leaders. Do I really have to bust out dictionary.com here?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy

Bust it out all you want, but the Electoral College is not a democratic way of electing a leader. Just ask Al Gore. Senators and those in the House of Representin' may be, but not the guy who gets the Oval Office gig.