PDA

View Full Version : LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu (The Honey Badger) Leaves LSU

superman7515
August 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Per Joe Schad, Mathieu is looking at transferring to a FCS school since he will likely only play this year before entering the NFL draft. Looks like he was recently suspended for a 3rd failed drug test and has requested and been granted a release from his scholarship.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Holy Honey Badger!!!!!

Sounds like if it's a drug problem he'd fit right in at JMU.

Silenoz
August 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
So... McNeese? Sam Houston?

Maybe one of the LA HBCUs?

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
He's from New Orleans so the Southland would probably be at the top of the list.....

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
The Honey Badger Tokes what it wants....

It'll be interesting to see if he has any better luck in the Southland than Jantzen Jackson did...Jackson was in the mix, but didn't come in and dominate, despite being All SEC at Tennessee

asumike83
August 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
McNeese was the first school that popped into my mind, with him being a Louisiana kid. Will be very interesting to see where he lands.

TTUEagles
August 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
One of Tennessee Tech's proposed starting CB's got kicked off of the team this summer, so there's a place for him here....

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Actually they're now reporting that because he was declared ineligible at LSU he can only go JUCO/NAIA/HBCU.

msupokes1
August 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I think he had a violation of NCAA rules not just team rules therefore would be ineligible at any NCAA school he went to. Since he would be a junior this year and had plans to leave after this year that only leaves NAIA.

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I think he had a violation of NCAA rules not just team rules therefore would be ineligible at any NCAA school he went to. Since he would be a junior this year and had plans to leave after this year that only leaves NAIA.
I believe there are team drug test and ncaa drugs test, I assume he failed the teams (the players recently reported to camp and were likely tested). Every source mentioning his eligibility claims he can play for an FCS team this fall. If so, he could really shake things up bit. The best defensive college player in the FCS, wow.

J-State
August 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Actually they're now reporting that because he was declared ineligible at LSU he can only go JUCO/NAIA/HBCU.

How would he be able to transfer to an HBCU? The SWAC and MEAC are FCS conferences, too.

Sammy94
August 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I would believe SHSU is out. Looks like the perfect fit for Lamar.

McNeese75
August 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I would bet money he would not even be considered by McNeese. Talented guy but he is bringing a lot of baggage no matter where he goes (including jail eventually the way he is headed). I can only imagine how he would bring down team morale. He is certainly not going to be thrilled at playing before 10-30,000 people after the ride he had at LSU. So, he will obviously be looking after #1 for the draft next year.

asumike83
August 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
As much as nobody wants the headache, I think it would be very hard for any FCS team to turn down the best defensive player at any level of college football if he's eligible.

McNeese75
August 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM
As much as nobody wants the headache, I think it would be very hard for any FCS team to turn down the best defensive player at any level of college football if he's eligible.

I disagree. He will destroy a team (and I don't mean the opponent)

toolfan2232
August 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
He's going to the Bison.

BisonHype!
August 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
He's going to the Bison.

This kid looks like a reliable source....xthumbsdownx

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
IMO smoking a little herb during the off-season is nothing compared to stealing, getting into fights, driving drunk and rape. Stop with the heading for prison non-sense and I'm sure team morale would be crushed if they knew another team mate smoked pot at some point. Just plain silly. His mistake is going to cost him more money than you will make in your entire lifetime for something that more than half of the country thinks should be legal. Stop acting like you would know how he feels about playing in front of 10k people and insinuating that he is selfish, you have no clue.

laxVik
August 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Weed and general knowledge stupidity is his issue.

Another FBS transfer is WR Tacoi Sumler who just left UO. Blazing speed. Looking to go FCS closer to home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6pGL4XrI_8

superman7515
August 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
How would he be able to transfer to an HBCU? The SWAC and MEAC are FCS conferences, too.

I was wondering that myself. Guess he decided the little black schools aren't included in the rest of the NCAA college world. Maybe Mizzou could claim that and have the last NCAA tourney replayed cuz NSU killed my bracket.

BisonHype!
August 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
IMO smoking a little herb during the off-season is nothing compared to stealing, getting into fights, driving drunk and rape. Stop with the heading for prison non-sense and I'm sure team morale would be crushed if they knew another team mate smoked pot at some point. Just plain silly. His mistake is going to cost him more money than you will make in your entire lifetime for something that more than half of the country thinks should be legal. Stop acting like you would know how he feels about playing in front of 10k people and insinuating that he is selfish, you have no clue.

^ Suspects this guy needs a drug test...xeyebrowx

dgtw
August 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
It does not matter how many people think weed should be legal. The fact of the matter is that it is not and it is a violation of LSU's team rules. He was well aware of that and continued to do so despite getting in trouble for it in the past. Tough nookies for him if he drops in the draft or has to spend 2012 playing for a lowly HBCU.

lionsrking2
August 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
It does not matter how many people think weed should be legal. The fact of the matter is that it is not and it is a violation of LSU's team rules. He was well aware of that and continued to do so despite getting in trouble for it in the past. Tough nookies for him if he drops in the draft or has to spend 2012 playing for a lowly HBCU.

Actually it was synthetic weed he was suspended for last year.

laxVik
August 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Actually it was synthetic weed he was suspended for last year.And academia stu-pid-ia at some point too.

dgtw
August 10th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I guess Yahoo doesn't know HBCU is part of the FCS, either.

Now, Mathieu's eligibility to play elsewhere is in question. As Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com points out, if Mathieu did fail a third test, he would not be eligible to play at another NCAA school. Feldman says Mathieu would have to be eligible to play at the school from which he's transferring. That means Mathieu might only be immediately eligible to play at an NAIA school, junior college or HBCU immediately. Of course, Mathieu could sit out a season and play next year at the school of his choice provided that he was eligible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lsu-dismisses-former-heisman-finalist-tyrann-mathieu-team-180514576--ncaaf.html

It had a link to Feldman's Twitter feed and it only said he would not be eligible for NCAA play, it did not say anything about NAIA, juco or HBCU.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I would say Chattanooga would be a good fit for him but I don't think he could crack the 2 deep.

T-Dog
August 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Actually it was synthetic weed he was suspended for last year.

Synthetic stuff is actually worse than the real deal. There's a reason the government put a temp ban on it so they could investigate it. Don't know if this is the case now but it was a Class One, which is in the same category as cocaine and heroin and carries a much higher penalty than real weed.

Sammy94
August 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I could be wrong.....

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/lsu-dismisses-former-heisman-finalist-tyrann-mathieu-team-180514576--ncaaf.html

It had a link to Feldman's Twitter feed and it only said he would not be eligible for NCAA play, it did not say anything about NAIA, juco or HBCU.

I don't pretend to know why but I've seen 3 different respected names on Twitter all report the same thing - I assume the HBCU's operate off a quasi-set of rules...

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM

I agree he made a big mistake and violated team rules, it will with out a doubt cost him millions. That being said, he didnt harm anyone or put anyone in any danger so acting like he's team kyrptonite or some thug has no basis. Despite him leaving earlier than anticipated, he still has done more to improve LSU football than he was a detriment. Plain and simple.

Yeah because I respect others personal choices, which arn't negatively affecting anyone else, I must be high right? xeyebrowx

SpiritCymbal
August 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I would say Chattanooga would be a good fit for him but I don't think he could crack the 2 deep.

http://howtousetumblr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/facebook-like-buton1.png

SpiritCymbal
August 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I wonder how many teams messageboards have something similar to this posted in the next 24 hours....

Apparently the honey badger is coming to __________ to watch practice tomorrow? Can anyone confirm or deny?

WileECoyote06
August 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Not cool.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/GIF/54f35755e98d8a7a11911350d579bd8ed033c6a.gif

frozennorth
August 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Synthetic stuff is actually worse than the real deal. There's a reason the government put a temp ban on it so they could investigate it. Don't know if this is the case now but it was a Class One, which is in the same category as cocaine and heroin and carries a much higher penalty than real weed.

marijuana is also schedule 1

GlassOnion
August 10th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I lean more toward El weed being treated like a parking ticket. No need to ruin ones future for something that no one in the history of the world has ever overdosed on. Now alcohol, thats a far far more dangerous drug, yet legal and socially acceptable.

The twitter feed on Appfan is full of Tyran Matthews/ App State tweets.

Obviously, they dont know Jerry Moore.

dgtw
August 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Not cool.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/GIF/54f35755e98d8a7a11911350d579bd8ed033c6a.gif

Sorry, no offense intended. It was a joke about HBCUs not being part of FCS. (Man, twice in one day I get misunderstood. I need to use the sarcasm icon more).

ASU_Fanatic
August 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM
App State please!!!!!!!

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 04:07 PM

There are several things that you can infer...

1.) He knew he was on center stage, 24/7. After the Synthetic Weed incident, he knew he was being watched. Like the video says, The Honey Badger don't care....

2.) He played for LSU, currently ranked number 1 in the country. He was invited to the Heisman ceremony....At LSU, he plays in front of 90,000 people each and every Saturday....all this was not enough to make him care.

3.) Factoring in the weight of what he risked against the very temporary reward of getting high, I'd say he's not gonna care about playing in front of 10k. If The Honey Badger Don't Care about 90k of the world's most rabid fans, he's not gonna care about playing in front of an FCS crowd...

So, I think McNeese75 is pretty accurate on a number of things....

Plus, the stars on any team that he went to would immediately be lost in his brilliance and the kids who get bumped to accomodate him will have hard feelings, since they ostensibly worked their *** off and stayed away from weed in order to make THEIR team better, but he'll get a shot with THEIR team because of who is and not what he's done, thereby negating what the existing players have done..

Yes, it'll be bad for team moral...

If you've ever heard him speak, you know he's not that smart ;)

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't vest too much in the federal government making regulations based on public safety or the two most deadly drugs, tobacco and alcohol, would have been outlawed long ago. It's more about circle jerkin your cronies. Plutocracy at it's finest. This is kinda is off topic though.

I would really like to find a good source regarding his eligibility.

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't vest too much in the federal government making regulations based on public safety or the two most deadly drugs, tobacco and alcohol, would have been outlawed long ago. It's more about circle jerkin your cronies. Plutocracy at it's finest. This is kinda is off topic though.

I would really like to find a good source regarding his eligibility.

They tried making alcohol illegal. Organized crime sprouted up.

Nickels, you can think marajuana should be legal, and thats fine. That does not make it ok to go do that, especially when you are a high profile athlete who now, lost the opportunity to play in the SEC and for possibly the best team in the nation.

GlassOnion
August 10th, 2012, 04:35 PM
but he'll get a shot with THEIR team because of who is and not what he's done, thereby negating what the existing players have done..

He's only "done" made himself the #1 defensive player in college football. That clearly didnt take any hard work.

I dont get how some people can infer that its such a small miniscule issue, why not just give it up? Yet, its not small enough of an issue for others not to flip their lid, and ruin peoples futures, throw people in jail, and all that goes with that. I dont want to use it, but why are my tax dollars wasted on prohibitting and incarcerating people for something that is far less dangerous than tobacco, alcohol, guns, diet pills, about 3 billion tons of cancer causing chemicals used in our everyday products, wheres the sense in this?

Its pot, who cares?

344Johnson
August 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
people for something that is far less dangerous than tobacco, alcohol, guns, diet pills, about 3 billion tons of cancer causing chemicals used in our everyday products, wheres the sense in this?

Its pot, who cares?

The United States government cares. One can simply go right back at your point and say that clearly our society has enough vices in it that we do not need any more of them.

We learned in Psych class that it does effect your motivational part of your brain but honestly, a lot of the stoners I know were garbage before they started smoking weed so who really knows.

laxVik
August 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
He's only "done" made himself the #1 defensive player in college football. That clearly didnt take any hard work.

I dont get how some people can infer that its such a small miniscule issue, why not just give it up? Yet, its not small enough of an issue for others not to flip their lid, and ruin peoples futures, throw people in jail, and all that goes with that. I dont want to use it, but why are my tax dollars wasted on prohibitting and incarcerating people for something that is far less dangerous than tobacco, alcohol, guns, diet pills, about 3 billion tons of cancer causing chemicals used in our everyday products, wheres the sense in this?

Its pot, who cares?Very true. And as a 420 partaker I would raise hell if a student was kicked out of school for testing positive. BUT playing D1 football is a privilege, not a right. If teams want a zero policy so be it. Their biz. Don't play for them.

GlassOnion
August 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
The United States government cares. One can simply go right back at your point and say that clearly our society has enough vices in it that we do not need any more of them.

We learned in Psych class that it does effect your motivational part of your brain but honestly, a lot of the stoners I know were garbage before they started smoking weed so who really knows.

Whos to say thats a vice? How about spending those resources catching the murderers that are overwhelming Chicago and Philadelphia at the moment. Murdering is a vice. But no, we must stop little johnny from eating too many Doritos in his mommies basement...

laxVik
August 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
McNeese St?

https://twitter.com/smartfootball/statuses/234047979831578625

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Well good for them. How'd that guy from Tennessee do again?

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Think about this, the reason drugs are supposedly illegal is to some how protect people from themselves right? Well a pregnant woman can legally drink everclear every day, and in fact a bartender is not legally allowed to refuse her service. This will knowingly harm someone other than the user but thats ok. However if a completely healthy non pregnant person were to get caught using a slightly psychoactive grass, that has been proven time and time again to be much safer than alcohol, in their own home, this is a crime and we must follow our a government no matter how hypocritical their policies are. That's just asinine.

Tyrann Mathieu grew up in one of the nations roughest cities at its roughest time, something me and 99% of AGS will never get close to experiencing. Somehow despite living in hell (literally), he became a great player, he graduated and made it into the states most prestigious school were he worked his tail off and become the nations best defensive player by his sophomore season. I would say he accomplished a whole hell of a lot. Yes he made a HUGE mistake by violating a silly team rule 3 times in 2 years and now he is going to lose a ton from it. I just don't think it's fair to say he will drag down any program he chooses too attend and that he is basically a p.o.s. like alot of you are implying.

WileECoyote06
August 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Its pot, who cares?

9 billion of them every year.

WileECoyote06
August 10th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Think about this, the reason drugs are supposedly illegal is to some how protect people from themselves right? Well a pregnant woman can legally drink everclear every day, and in fact a bartender is not legally allowed to refuse her service. This will knowingly harm someone other than the user but thats ok. However if a completely healthy non pregnant person were to get caught using a slightly psychoactive grass, that has been proven time and time again to be much safer than alcohol, in their own home, this is a crime and we must follow our a government no matter how hypocritical their policies are. That's just asinine.

Tyrann Mathieu grew up in one of the nations roughest cities at its roughest time, something me and 99% of AGS will never get close to experiencing. Somehow despite living in hell (literally), he became a great player, he graduated and made it into the states most prestigious school were he worked his tail off and become the nations best defensive player by his sophomore season. I would say he accomplished a whole hell of a lot. Yes he made a HUGE mistake by violating a silly team rule 3 times in 2 years and now he is going to lose a ton from it. I just don't think it's fair to say he will drag down any program he chooses too attend and that he is basically a p.o.s. like alot of you are implying.

Much of the condemnation is coming from people who regularly smoked out back at the frathouse parties when they were in college. lol

T-Dog
August 10th, 2012, 06:17 PM
marijuana is also schedule 1

xbangx

Brian fart. However the synthetic stuff is more dangerous than the real deal. When it became popular and was still legal, there was a spike in ER visits for elevated heart rate and blood pressure due to abusing it.

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 06:24 PM
I hope he doesn't end up at McNeese....

After Cecil Collins, I kinda doubt it...but...who knows...

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I would bet money he would not even be considered by McNeese. Talented guy but he is bringing a lot of baggage no matter where he goes (including jail eventually the way he is headed). I can only imagine how he would bring down team morale. He is certainly not going to be thrilled at playing before 10-30,000 people after the ride he had at LSU. So, he will obviously be looking after #1 for the draft next year.

Well, if rumors are true, McNeese has considered Tyrann and he has accepted. How much money were trying to bet?

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I hope he doesn't end up at McNeese....

After Cecil Collins, I kinda doubt it...but...who knows...

Why? Because if he does play for ya'll and succeeds you will look like a dumbass for saying you never wanted him to play for you? Team success should outweigh personal dignity.

mountaineerman
August 10th, 2012, 06:35 PM
just heard he said he wanted to play for the best team in fcs app state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=player_detailpage

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Why? Because if he does play for ya'll and succeeds you will look like a dumbass for saying you never wanted him to play for you? Team success should outweigh personal dignity.

I hope the young man turns his life around, truly. I wish him the best. But, we've taken LSU cast-offs before and it hasn't worked out....we took All-SEC Jantzen Jackson last year from Tennessee and he really didn't make an impact....plus, we've got a crew of young men who've worked as hard as any group to ever be through McNeese...I like the unity and their resolve...

Team success can be counted many ways....

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Well, none of MY sources are responding...I find that interesting ;)

Nickels
August 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I just couldn't turn a player down like that for the issues he has, ya'll will likely never see a player of this caliber again in a McNeese uniform. Hell, all he has to do is pass 1 maybe 2 more piss test for the 4 months that he will be on the team. Your program would sell more tickets, get constant national attention and I'm sure a boost in alumni support and recruiting. Also, he will probably be an absolute beast on the field. The kid was taking over games as a secondary player/return man in the SEC. He hasn't had any legal problems or reported incidents with teammates (as far as I know), as long as you get him by the one piss test (2 weeks of not smoking) which he has had to pass before at some points. I don't see a single negative issue that could arise.

If 24 hours ago, someone told you the honeybadger would be playing for McNeese you would probably look into having them committed. Just crazy if the rumors turn out to be true.

FormerPokeCenter
August 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Okay....one source confirms it...but though his bonafides are great, he's not actually with the program....but very, very, very close...

Hmmm.....

Oddly, some people who are in a position to know and who would ordinarily respond arent....that tells me that they may be kinda busy right now...

Seat16Demon
August 10th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Its a done deal.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM

So he's a cowboy now.

By the way you do know there are Div I, Div II, NAIA and JUCO HBCU's right?

TheRevSFA
August 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
So coach v is telling people he was not in contact with mcneese

Oh well. I'm sure he was

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Lots of people jumping the gun on the McNeese state bit.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2012, 09:21 PM
The whole internet is. Search: Mathieu McNeese ha ha

crossfire07
August 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM
A new Orleans station is reporting he is on campus now speaking with coaches.

frozennorth
August 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
thb i'm not sure how good he will be without a loaded D around him. If you spend that much time ball hawking on a normal team, you're going to get burned alot.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af342/nhseks/tm7mcneese.jpg

Cocky
August 10th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Looks like a county jail photo.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't know :)

Sammy94
August 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Looks like Cecil.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hardly.Kind of small to look like him and Cecil did not have blonde hair but but nice try at a jab anyways.Would expect nothing less.

McNeese75
August 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Your are right, TEAM success should outweigh personal dignity and goals. We can agree to disagree but I cannot see him putting the McNeese Team or any other FCS school in front of his own personal goals. We are after all talking about a young man that wants the "Honey Badger" name dropped in favor of "King" (Sounds like a team player to me xeyebrowx.)

I am not in favor of him coming to McNeese but if he ends up, I just hope he plays hard, is a team player and starts a great NFL career next year.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM
http://www.americanpress.com/news/local/McNeese-one-possible-destination-for-Mathieu#.UCWs0zXN_ow.facebook

Sammy94
August 11th, 2012, 01:38 AM
I'm glad he chose the SLC....@CrazywhiteboyTD: He can go to Mcneese. Just gives me more incentive to ball out when I play them...... I think our guys are also.

alvinkayak6
August 11th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Looking for a connection in the Southland? How about McNeese & LSU SIDs being brothers? The same guy who promoted Mathieu for the Heisman sends him to his brother. Mr. Mathieu will surely be in good hands, and hopefully no more drug tests.

http://mcneesesports.com/news/2012/5/14/BB_0514120632.aspx

alvinkayak6
August 11th, 2012, 02:35 AM
The kicker Josh Jasper tweeted that he is going to McNeese. I see no reason why we shouldn't lend this credibility.

Okay....one source confirms it...but though his bonafides are great, he's not actually with the program....but very, very, very close...

Hmmm.....

Oddly, some people who are in a position to know and who would ordinarily respond arent....that tells me that they may be kinda busy right now...

alvinkayak6
August 11th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Have to agree with GlassOnion. Imagine how few players would be left if we started getting rid of all the serial potheads.

Its pot, who cares?

alvinkayak6
August 11th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Yeah. Plus he brings a huge fan following with over 100,000 followers. The whole Honey Badger thing will follow him at McNeese, even if he isn't on TV. People will still hunger for excitement from him.

FurmanWins!!
August 11th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Have to agree with GlassOnion. Imagine how few players would be left if we started getting rid of all the serial potheads.

Rules are rules, usually the people that cannot follow the simple rules now wind up not following even more important rules in the future.

alvinkayak6
August 11th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Rules are rules, usually the people that cannot follow the simple rules now wind up not following even more important rules in the future.

I am not sure you understood my point. If you are going to have rules, be consistent in enforcing them. Over night, you'd lose a minimum of 1,000 Division-I players for drug use................then maybe even test a few coaches. Maybe even test a few athletic directors. Maybe even test a few fans. Wait, that's crazy.

frozennorth
August 11th, 2012, 03:29 AM

i say we give pot heads the death penalty because obviously they have no respect for some very important rules and are in fact bound and determined to commit mass homicide

FormerPokeCenter
August 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Looking for a connection in the Southland? How about McNeese & LSU SIDs being brothers? The same guy who promoted Mathieu for the Heisman sends him to his brother. Mr. Mathieu will surely be in good hands, and hopefully no more drug tests.

http://mcneesesports.com/news/2012/5/14/BB_0514120632.aspx

Holy Conspiracy Theory, Batman!

The Bonnette Brothers are great guys, but I don't think they carry that sorta stroke...

IF he comes to McNeese and as of 10 last night, McNeese did NOT have permission from LSU to contact the kid, it would more than likely be because of coaching staff ties..

Fromer McNeese OC Steve Ensminger is the TE coach at LSU...Former McNeese WR and WR coach Adam Henry is the WR Coach at LSU....McNeese DC Mike Collins is the former LSU linebacker's coach...Most importantly, Miles has a high regard for Viator...

But, so far...it's a moot point....

FormerPokeCenter
August 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
The Lake Chuck TV Station and Newspaper both spoke to Viator at about 7 yesterday after practice....when he told them he hadn't heard from Matthieu....

Then this appeared on InstaGram last night, after 9 pm....and the pic appears to have been taken at the McNeese field house....

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/603485_10151023067163406_1036283906_n.jpg

So, if nothing else...there's some conversatin' goin on, cher!

bojeta
August 12th, 2012, 10:54 PM

JUCOs have only 2 years of eligibility. Was Mathieu a freshman? If not, he would not be able to play at a JUCO.

Nickels
August 13th, 2012, 10:42 AM
just saw on espn, tyrann hasnt made up his mind yet...he might sit out a year and go back to lsu...

he probably noticed mcneeses delphi forum and thought "hell no", that's what i would have done.

chattownmocs
August 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Is Mcneese even going to play this guy or will he come off the bench like the former all SEC safety they had last year?

FormerPokeCenter
August 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
We're following the Chattanooga model, where All-SEC guys like Jantzen Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu probably couldn't crack the two-deep roster ;)

jmufan
August 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sounds like now he wants to stay at LSU and try to make them team next year.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Better to sit out a year than play at McNeese.

BluBengal07
August 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM

sounds like boosters been getting in his ear.

Sammy94
August 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
sounds like boosters been getting in his ear.

More realistically the boosters been getting in their wallets.

FormerPokeCenter
August 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
just saw on espn, tyrann hasnt made up his mind yet...he might sit out a year and go back to lsu...

he probably noticed mcneeses delphi forum and thought "hell no", that's what i would have done.

Word is he thought briefly about Sam Houston before deciding that he didn't want to play for a school who's home crowd size is influenced by visiting hours at Huntsville State Prison ;)

crossfire07
August 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM

"He's permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," Bahnsen said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "That's definite. That's what was said Friday."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/story/2012-08-13/lsu-no-tyrann-mathieu-return/57039168/1

GeauxLions94
August 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
"He's permanently ineligible to play football at LSU," Bahnsen said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "That's definite. That's what was said Friday."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/story/2012-08-13/lsu-no-tyrann-mathieu-return/57039168/1

http://mediababble.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/image_thumb7.png?w=490

As The Honey Badger Turns (http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/lsu/586716-could-tyrann-mathieu-return-to-play-for-lsu-updates.html)

McNeese75
August 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I could care less what the kid does but LSU is a complete cluster****. Their Administration clock managment works about as well as Miles

McNeese75
August 13th, 2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/08/former_lsu_star_tyrann_mathieu.html

And it continues. xeyebrowx

El Gato
August 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Apparently "he was disappointed with his visit to Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) McNeese State in Lake Charles last Friday." No announcement to be made today as he weighs his decisions. Now it seems as if he will not be attending McNeese if he is putting off an announcement.

Saga of Honey Badger Takes a New Turn (http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120815/SPORTS01/208150321/Saga-Honey-Badger-takes-new-turn?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p)

Guy sounds like drama.

BEAR
August 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
He was disappointed with his McNeese visit because they wouldn't let him continue his old habits...

SpiritCymbal
August 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM
He was disappointed with his McNeese visit because they wouldn't let him continue his old habits...

Or thought that everyone would/should be tripping over themselves to get him on the team.

BEAR
August 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Or thought that everyone would/should be tripping over themselves to get him on the team.

Ain't that the truth...

McTailGator
August 15th, 2012, 08:08 PM
The law was laid down during his visit. He knew party time was over in Lake Charles.

It ain't over yet though...

BluBengal07
August 15th, 2012, 08:55 PM
or just wasn't impress with what McNeese had to offer.
from how it looks like, LSU only gave him two choices so they can keep a hand on him at all times.

FormerPokeCenter
August 15th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Matthieu asked the LSU athletic department not to give his contact information out to anybody else but Nicholls and McNeese.....that was his request, not LSU's...

Matthieu, from what Im hearing showed up on Campus last Friday in his Camaro, with lic plate TM 7, with his uncle behind him with a pickup truck with TM's belongings as though it was a foregone conclusion that McNeese would sign him and he'd play...

You have to understand the type of coach Viator is. He spoke with the McNeese seniors BEFORE meeting with TM to see if they were okay with extending an offer...

They met for 90 minutes and had a great discussion. TM is a good kid with a great attitude and he's an awesome competitor....Viator told him what his expectations would be and asked him to go home and think about it, to make sure he was ready to make a commitment...

If he was dissapointed, I'd imagine that it was with not immediately opening the admissions office at 9 pm and signing him up. Viator acted in TM's best interest....

What the kid does now is entirely up to him....but, HE's got to decide where he wants to be...

I admire the fact that he's been trying to work his way back on the LSU team. That takes guts...

I hope he does well, whereever he ends up....

BluBengal07
August 15th, 2012, 10:17 PM
well i'm talking about initially before things blew up and got complex and distorted.
but i hope things works out and he maybe get an education. unless he can prove his worth to the NFL in the future and get through this smoothly.

El Gato
August 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Looks like no McNeese, well no anywhere according to this.

Former Louisiana State University football star Tyrann Mathieu will remain at a Houston drug rehab rather than play football this season, FOX 8 Sports in New Orleans is reporting.

Full Story with video (http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/08/former-lsu-star-tyrann-mathieu-in-houston-drug-rehab/)

McNeese75
August 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Looks like no McNeese, well no anywhere according to this.

Good, now that story can die.

Nickels
August 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM
rehab for weed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEberTUvrsE

Cocky
August 17th, 2012, 12:09 PM
rehab for weed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEberTUvrsE

I thought it was spice? or fake weed?

Libertine
August 17th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mathieu is not going FCS. I love FCS but it makes no sense for him to drop down a level. All dropping down gains him is that he plays right away which, in the long-term, is not necessarily his best interest. He was a top 5 finalist for the Heisman in 2011 and really only needed one more year of of being one of the best players in the country to make himself a top 5 NFL draft pick. Like it or not, playing at a "lower level" of competition probably lowers his draft stock.

Bearing in mind that Mathieu has never redshirted and, to my knowledge, has never been arrested, this is what's going to happen: By going into rehab, he makes a public gesture that he is "trying to get his life straightened out" and "just hopes that he can make it up to all those people he let down". He'll be very very contrite and, right around the start of the spring semester, the administration and staff of LSU -- being the kind-hearted and forgiving people that they are -- will see fit to re-instate him. The suspension will serve as his redshirt year and Mathieu returns to the Tigers without losing any eligibility. Additionally, under these circumstances, it lowers the chances of him leaving school early for the NFL which benefits LSU as they would keep him through the 2014 season instead of watching him go pro after 2012.

Grizcountry420
August 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I thought it was spice? or fake weed?

Thats stuff dont show up on a drug tests, either do bath salts....

crossfire07
August 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Yes, it will show up if they test for it. Ask Tyrann. lol

Grizcountry420
August 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yes, it will show up if they test for it. Ask Tyrann. lol

You CANT test for that.. End of story

FormerPokeCenter
August 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Thats stuff dont show up on a drug tests, either do bath salts....

LSU has incredibly comprehensive drug testing. They actually test for the synthetic stuff...which is why he got caught...

LSU's tests are more stringent than the NCAA's....