PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Wisconsin transfer to Cal Poly confirmed.

bojeta
August 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Thought SloStang would have posted this here by now, but in case he forgot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CalPolytransfers.jpg

Let the stampede begin!

coover
August 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I previously posted the following to the Cal Poly forum and it is appropriate here...

The second Wisconsin athlete to transfer to Cal Poly, eh? Obviously, the game with Wisconsin a few years ago impressed some in the Midwest ... gave a face to Cal Poly Football. Most of the spectators, probably, didn't even know that Cal Poly existed ... until that game. Now they do. I'm not suggesting that we attempt to schedule games with FBS top 25 type programs in the future, but the Wisconsin game didn't hurt us ... it helped us. Of course the money didn't hurt, either.

slostang
August 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I think it is great and agree that this is a result of the 2008 game in Wisconsin.

I also heard rumor of another transfer from a west coast team. Hope it is true too.

slostang
August 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM
J. D. Scroggins tweeted about this guy:

Wesley Flowers

Hometown:
Fresno, CA

High School:
Edison

Height / Weight:
6-5 / 254

Position:
DL

Birthdate:
12/03/1991

Experience:
1V

2011 - Did not see game action during the season ... Was dismissed from the team in January 2012.

2010 - Did not see game action in his first year in the program.

HIGH SCHOOL - Played football at Fresno, CA Edison HS for coach Tim McDonald ... Saw action at defensive tackle and end ... Ranked No. 79 defensive tackle nationally by rivals.com ... Rated No. 80 defensive tackle by scout.com ... Rated No. 100 player in California by scout.com ... Rated No. 113 player in CA/NV/HI region by SuperPrep ... Earned three stars from scout.com and rivals.com ... PrepStar All-Region selection ... As a senior, he made 75 tackles, including four sacks, 20 tackles for loss and one interception ... Named MVP of the defensive line ... As a junior, he had 65 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and six sacks ... Also lettered in wrestling.

PERSONAL - Full Name: Willie E. Flowers ... Born: December 3, 1991 in Fresno, CA ... Parents: Randy Flowers and Debra Lewis ... Has two brothers and two sisters ... Lists his biggest thrill in sports as winning the first Division II section championship at Edison HS since 2002 ... Undeclared major.

bojeta
August 8th, 2012, 01:59 AM
J. D. Scroggins tweeted about this guy:

Wesley Flowers

Hometown:
Fresno, CA

High School:
Edison

Height / Weight:
6-5 / 254

Position:
DL

Looks like a major score for the Cal Poly Defense! When you look at what NFL coaches are looking for in a defensive end, he seems to match the profile perfectly.They even have an "Ideal Defensive End" for Division I video on Youtube and he's right in there. Slightly lighter maybe.