PDA

View Full Version : GSU's Teddy Craft in motorcycle accident...

blueballs
July 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM
... and is in serious condition.

Please see the attached press release.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=1212

Football aside, let's all hope for a speedy and full recovery.

MR. CHICKEN
July 5th, 2006, 04:06 PM
BAD NEWS....IGGLE.....BAD NEWS......DON'T WANNA SEE ANY PLAYER INJURED.......MAN...DESE SPORTS FIGURES.....GOTTA LEAVE DUH TOYS ALONE...........WHEN SCHOLARSHIP AFFLETES....OR IN PRO CAREERS...:(..AWK!

Freightliner
July 5th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Hopes and prayers out to Mr. Craft. and his family from one Bobcat fan.

Get well soon!

July 5th, 2006, 05:17 PM
uh-oh...

GaSouthern
July 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM
god bless him and his family!!!

dbackjon
July 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Hopefully he will be ok!

rokamortis
July 5th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that Mr. Craft will recover as quickly and painlessly as possible.

bryan92
July 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
He passed away a short time ago. Keep his family and teammates in your prayers.

July 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM
omigawd. Condolences to all in the Craft family.

fuEMO
July 5th, 2006, 08:07 PM
My prayers go out to the Craft family, and the GSU team.:(

Mr. C
July 5th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I had the pleasure to meet and interview Teddy Craft at the Georgia Southern-Elon game last year. He was a very nice young man and from what I've been told was very well liked by his teammates. My heart goes out to Teddy, his family and his friends.

GaSouthern
July 5th, 2006, 08:37 PM
HE WILL BE MISSED!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/legaleagle/10614872.jpg
Teddy Craft R.I.P. 07-05-06

July 5th, 2006, 08:53 PM
:bawling:

jmuroller
July 5th, 2006, 09:21 PM
When wil people learn about motorcycles?

MR. CHICKEN
July 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM
HEAVY HEARTS THROUGH-OUT I-AA TA-NITE.........WOW GSU....WHIFF SINCERE RESPECTS....TA TEDDY'S FAMILY AN' TA YER INSTITUTION......MAN.....WHAT CAN YA SAY..........MAN!

gsuwinsudont
July 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM

Yes this is a perfect time for you to show how much smarter you are. Give me a break....:mad:

Saint3333
July 5th, 2006, 09:43 PM
ASU and GSU fans don't always see eye to eye, but I know many of the ASU faithful will be praying for Teddy's family and friends tonight.

MR. CHICKEN
July 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM
GSUWINSUDON'T...PLEASE DON'T MISCONSTRUE.......EACH OTHERAH'S REMARKS....IN REGARD TA DIS SITUATION.......FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE UH DARIN' BREED.......WHICH IS WHAT SEPARATES DUH PLAYERS....FROM DUH FANS.......DUH JMUROLLER IS GRIEVIN' AS ALL GOOD I-AA FANS ARE.......KNOW YER UPSET AT DIS TURN O' EVENTS....WE'RE ALL ON YER SIDE....WHIFF DIS ONE!...............

nlwwln
July 5th, 2006, 09:55 PM
this is so sad, god bless him and his familly. i hope the team will honor him by playing their hearts out in his memory. this just shows you that everyday is a gift. +

rokamortis
July 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, teammates, and the Eagle fans.

July 5th, 2006, 10:31 PM
still not officially announced...

McNeese75
July 5th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I enjoyed watching Teddy play last year in person and on TV. God Bless his Family during this trying time.

July 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Georgia Southern University Athletic Media Relations:
As of 10:10 pm I talked with the Marketing representative from Memorial
Health Center in Savannah. They are officially listing Teddy as in
critical condition.

I will work on sending out an update Thursday morning. We ask that you
keep Teddy and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

elkmcc
July 5th, 2006, 11:16 PM
My heartfelt sympathies to the immediate family, teammates, coaches and all GSU fans. Losing someone special really hurts. Let's hope and pray this isn't the case here.

nlwwln
July 5th, 2006, 11:45 PM
so Mr Craft is currently in critical condition?

July 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM
so Mr Craft is currently in critical condition?Officially, yes.

seantaylor
July 6th, 2006, 12:14 AM

When will people learn about smoking,drinking,drugs,red meat,boxing,eating fast food, and any other activity that you can potentially die from? Teddy was wearing his helmet.

chattanoogamocs
July 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM
as some who rides a bit...my thoughts (earlier) were...he was wearing his helmets...no one said speed or alcohol were a factor, what caused such extensive injuries?

Apparently, another person he was riding with made a turn that Craft was not expecting and they ran into each other...the other rider was not seriously injured...but sadly, Craft hit a guide wire to a telephone poll.

to read that just makes me cringe...sounds like his only mistake was probbaly just following a little too close.

(I know he was behind him, but it definitely makes one also think twice about riding side by side if not 100% sure of where your going)

the story in the Statesboro Herald:
http://www.statesboroherald.net/showstory.php?$recordID=6950

DemiGS
July 6th, 2006, 02:50 AM
As stated above:
The senior wide receiver was thrown from his motorcycle after crashing into another motorcycle, and struck a utility pole support wire, said Georgia State Patrol Senior Trooper Brock Scott.

A spokesman at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, where Craft had been transported, described Craft’s condition as “very critical” late Wednesday night.

Craft, 21, Flat Rock Road, Hartwell, was riding a motorcycle with a group of five others on Pretoria-Rushing Road just before 9 p.m. Tuesday when another rider, Bryan Ziegler, 27, Jenk Hill Road, Sylvania, began to make a turn onto Pine View Road, Scott said.

Ziegler “knew where he was going and Craft did not,” he said. Craft was following behind Ziegler and when Ziegler began turning, Craft’s motorcycle struck Ziegler’s in the area “where the right leg would be - in the gas tank,” he said.

The impact caused Ziegler’s motorcycle to travel sideways about 20 feet, ejecting Ziegler onto the east shoulder of the roadway, he said. Craft’s motorcycle continued forward onto the east shoulder, ejecting Craft, who struck the guy wire, he said.

Ziegler suffered visible injuries, but Craft’s injuries were much more serious, requiring him to be airlifted to Savannah after an initial transport to East Georgia Regional Medical Center, he said

Kill'em
July 6th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Man, it's hard to type with tears in your eyes. It was going to be fun to see what Teddy would have done in the new offense. He was a really fun player to watch. My prayers go out to the Craft family.

eaglessoar20021
July 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM
My prayers and thoughts go out to the Craft family.Thank you God for the memories that Teddy has left us with.He will be missed.

Kill'em
July 6th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Paul updated tscsports.com with the story of Teddy's passing. It is located on the main page.

jmuroller
July 6th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Yes this is a perfect time for you to show how much smarter you are. Give me a break....:mad:

Please...don't for one second think of my remarks as negative. It is a shame that we have lost another young life in this world.

SoCon48
July 6th, 2006, 07:51 AM
ASU and GSU fans don't always see eye to eye, but I know many of the ASU faithful will be praying for Teddy's family and friends tonight.

We certainly did and will continue to do so for the family and friends.
Brings back memories of the sadness the ASU family suffered the summer Rufus Leach died in the drowning incident.

Kill'em
July 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Please...don't for one second think of my remarks as negative. It is a shame that we have lost another young life in this world.
No problem here. All of us in the Georgia Southern family are in shock right now, especially with it being so close to the start of practice. I just found out about this three hours ago.

ButlerGSU
July 6th, 2006, 08:09 AM

I don't think anyone really takes your comments as negative. Teddy was a very personable person and well liked by all. Because of this everyone in the Eagle family is a little shaken up by the news.

bodoyle
July 6th, 2006, 08:12 AM
GSUWINSDONT: I think he was referencing Ben Roethlisberger's incident. 2 football players, 2 serious injuries both due to motorcycles. If they were in cars.....

eaglesrthe1
July 6th, 2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.statesboroherald.net/showstory.php?$recordID=6954

:( :( :(

slostang
July 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to both his family and the GSU family.

Kill'em
July 6th, 2006, 09:25 AM
GSUWINSDONT: I think he was referencing Ben Roethlisberger's incident. 2 football players, 2 serious injuries both due to motorcycles. If they were in cars.....
Don't forget Kellen Winslow Jr or Jay Williams (former Duke basketball player). I hate motorcycles and this is why.

GreatAppSt
July 6th, 2006, 09:40 AM
There's not much i can say that hasn't been said . My heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family and the GSU faithful.

henfan
July 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Oh, this hurts. God bless Teddy and his family.

July 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
and has been stated, it is official.
Georgia Southern's Teddy Craft in Fatal Accident
Georgia Southern University Athletic Media Relations, Pat Osterman

Teddy Craft dies from a motorcycle accident Tuesday night.
http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=79364

RadMann
July 6th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I send my condolences to his family, friends and teammates. It is always difficult to those close when someone passes away unexpectedly, and even more so when the person is so young with so much of life in front of him.

dbackjon
July 6th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Deepest condolences to the Craft family, and to the GSU community - this is very tragic.

touchdown
July 6th, 2006, 10:47 AM
My prayers will be with the family and team.
I hope something positive can come from this tragedy!

ncbears
July 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Tragic news for everyone involved. Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

GoGriz1
July 6th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Our deepest Griz condolences to the Craft family and his friends and teamates. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Go...gate
July 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Condolences from the Colgate family. May the young man rest in peace and may our prayers and offerings sustain the family left behind.

RabidRabbit
July 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear of the tragic death of Teddy Craft :bawling:

Condolences to his family, friends, teammates and GSU fans.

He probably laid a few of those touchdowns on Rabbits, and now they'll be savored as cherished memories.

colgate13
July 6th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Don't forget Kellen Winslow Jr or Jay Williams (former Duke basketball player). I hate motorcycles and this is why.

My mother worked in an intensive care unit for years and would routinely remind me of the horrible motorcycles accidents she would deal with. Very tragic indeed. : smh :

McTailGator
July 6th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to he and his family, as well as the entire GSU family...

UNH 40
July 6th, 2006, 12:38 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the craft family, teddies friends and teammates.

bodoyle
July 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM

But they were hot dogging it. Ben and this guy were not

dbackjon
July 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM
But they were hot dogging it. Ben and this guy were not

Which shows how dangerous motorcycles can be even when you are trying to be safe. I always try to give motorcycles extra room when I drive - never know when someone will lay down.

goasu984Life
July 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
This is definitely a sad day. No one wants to see an athlete taken in the prime of his or her life. Tragic, very tragic.

GSUISBACK
July 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
RIP Teddy

Griswold
July 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, on and off the field.: smh :

BEAR
July 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM
The Bearnation and all Arkansans send our condolences. WHat a tragic loss:(

McTailGator
July 6th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Which shows how dangerous motorcycles can be even when you are trying to be safe. I always try to give motorcycles extra room when I drive - never know when someone will lay down.

That indeed is the key,

As a Mortorcyclist, I appreciate your thoughfullness and care.

The key to any good rider is to ALWAYS anticipate the unexpected, and to insure that you are aware of everything the road in front of you may have to offer in terms of potential hazards.

I'm a Safety Director for a major oil company, and I also teach defensive driving to our employees, who are required to take my hands on course every three years.

Everything I teach to my students is magnified 3 times for us motor cyclists. I always try to convey that to my students if there are any of them in my class.

I just bought my 18 year old son his first bike on Monday. And I have also put he and all my family through my driving course as well.

I think a hands on defensive class should be a requirement for all drivers every three years. Expecially motor cyclists.

nlwwln
July 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
ive been a member of this board for about a year now and there really isnt a better place to talk 1AA football and get the low down on each others team. Some like myself are just 1aa fans in general then theres others whos loyalties lay with only one team. As i read through all the concerned and caring post that have come in light of this tragedy I cannot help but feel inspired. I would hope that from this we can keep teddys memory alive in all of us and never forget the significance of a young persons life, and for that matter life in general. With all that is wrong with the world today we need to find it within ourselves to set a good example and remember just how fortunate we really are to be blessed with the things we have. I dont mean to get all touchy feely with everyone about this but if we can all walk away from this a little more appreciative and open minded of our fellow brothers and sisters I think we would be serving Teddys memory well. I know I certainly will. Thanks Guys. God bless Teddy and his family.

Pantherpower
July 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I can't begin to imagine how Teddy Craft's family, friends, coaches, GSU faithful and teammates must feel. My deepest sympathy to all in the GSU family.

OSRacer
July 6th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Wow...

RIP Buddy - Prayers for the family and teamates....

Terrible news.

kardplayer
July 6th, 2006, 11:55 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Teddy's family and his teammates.

dungeonjoe
July 7th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Our thoughts and prayers to the GSU family and the family of this young man

OL FU
July 7th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Very sad to hear. Thoughts are with his family.

BULLDOG8180
July 7th, 2006, 07:23 AM
It is always such a loss when someone so young and so full of life passes so unexpectedly. May God work through this tragedy to bring glory to his kingdom.

TxSt02
July 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry to hear about this... my thoughts and prayers go to the GSU nation...

Teddy Craft was a hell of a football player and had us scared last year in the playoff game...

Scoring Summary:
08:29 GSU - Teddy Craft 38 yd pass from Jayson Foster (Jonathan Dudley kick), 10-85 4:55, GSU 7 - TXST 7
00:21 GSU - Teddy Craft 57 yd pass from Jayson Foster (Jonathan Dudley kick), 1-57 0:08, GSU 21 - TXST 7

Cap'n Cat
July 7th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Kartloads of Karma to the GSU Nation and Craft family from Cap'n Cat.

: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Baldy
July 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Two great articles about Teddy....

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/colleges/georgia_southern/14983389.htm

http://www.statesboroherald.net/showstory.php?$recordID=6974

http://www.statesboroherald.net/images/editorial/3283081.jpg http://www.statesboroherald.net/images/editorial/1601867.jpg

http://images.morris.com/images/ap/online/all/24040402.jpg

MountaineerDrive
July 7th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I know I'm late on but I'm so sorry to hear this. It's sad to see a promising life unexpectantly cut short. I know it's not really significant, but I bet he was really looking forward to the Eagles throwing the ball more this year. I have the deepest sympathy for his family and friends. Deepest condolences from an App fan.

Kill'em
July 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Thank you from all the Eagle Family. I don't know about the rest, but I really don't care about football season right now.

GaSouthern
July 7th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I about got in a fight today with a guy at work because of his relentless hate of GSU even in these times but I held myself back. I never understood why when #3 crashed into the wall at Daytona all of thoes people that never met the guy were so sad and crying.
Now that we've lost #85 I totally understand because it literally brought tears to my eyes just thinking that he is my age and not with us anymore and it seems like just last week I was chanting "TEDDY, TEDDY, TEDDY" as he went back for the punt return. I hope we still chant teddy for the first game's punt return.

Kill'em
July 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I about got in a fight today with a guy at work because of his relentless hate of GSU even in these times but I held myself back. I never understood why when #3 crashed into the wall at Daytona all of thoes people that never met the guy were so sad and crying.
Now that we've lost #85 I totally understand because it literally brought tears to my eyes just thinking that he is my age and not with us anymore and it seems like just last week I was chanting "TEDDY, TEDDY, TEDDY" as he went back for the punt return. I hope we still chant teddy for the first game's punt return.
Curious, why does he hate Georgia Southern?

Jag4Life
July 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I thought he was still injured! I didn't want this to happen while close to football season. Prayers are out to his family and to the GSU football team as a whole, and also the fans! :(

LeopardFan04
July 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
My thoughts and prayers to his family and to the Ga. Southern family as a whole...

RadMann
July 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Below is a link to his page on Legacy.com:

http://www.legacy.com/Macon/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=18367145

GrizFamily
July 10th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Thoughts and prayers from all of the GrizFamily to the Craft Family and all of our kindred in Eagle Country. Our hearts are with you.