PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh charter flight almost filled and buses booked.

ngineer
August 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Learned tonight that Lehigh will be traveling to Lynchburg via charter jet the day of the game (8 p.m. kickoff I believe), and then returning to Bethlehem immediately after the game. Almost all seats available for alumni have been booked. The Boosters are also running two buses. So with some Lehigh alums from the VA area, hopefully the Brown and White will have a small presence at Liberty. The game should be a LU-LU. (;-)

Sly Fox
August 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM
Very cool. We have a feeling that anyone who makes the trip will enjoy the experience regardless of outcome.

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Learned tonight that Lehigh will be traveling to Lynchburg via charter jet the day of the game (8 p.m. kickoff I believe), and then returning to Bethlehem immediately after the game. Almost all seats available for alumni have been booked. The Boosters are also running two buses. So with some Lehigh alums from the VA area, hopefully the Brown and White will have a small presence at Liberty. The game should be a LU-LU. (;-)

Gee wow... are we supposed to be impressed??

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4654/lehighbusshoplettercrop.png

Lehigh Football Nation
August 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I can't wait for the Liberty game. I am very much looking forward to seeing Liberty's Chik-Fil-A stadium up close. xlolx

LUHawker
August 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Will be there with my 7-year old. Hope its a match-up of ranked teams.

RichH2
August 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
No, P4L, that would be rude. We'll leave yuo to your fantasies of Pards ever having a winning record against us in all sports competition.

Pard4Life
August 3rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
No, P4L, that would be rude. We'll leave yuo to your fantasies of Pards ever having a winning record against us in all sports competition.

I only care about track and swimming events in the Olympics, not in Lafayette-Lehigh.

ngineer
August 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
LFN--your mailbox is full. Won't accept my reply to your questions.--ngineer

Southsider
August 3rd, 2012, 07:07 PM

P4L, as a Father of a Special Needs son who took the "Short Bus", I would normally kick your *** for this post. However, since I have seen this illustration many times in the past related to the LU/Laf rivalry, I find it extremely entertaining! Keep up the good work. (besides, I can't dislike the guy who introduced me to Kate Upton)!

Bogus Megapardus
August 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
I can't dislike the guy who introduced me to Kate Upton!

NOTICE: The Lafayette board has chosen not to renew Kate Upton's contract this season, due to team performance issues. She is now a free agent. We will miss her, and we wish Kate good luck with her new team, wherever that might be.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
NOTICE: The Lafayette board has chosen not to renew Kate Upton's contract this season, due to team performance issues. She is now a free agent. We will miss her, and we wish Kate good luck with her new team, wherever that might be.

If only I was better with Photoshop... ;)

RichH2
August 3rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Bogie are you Kate's agent?

Bogus Megapardus
August 4th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Liberty's Chik-Fil-A stadium

Politics, LFN? Really? Are we really at the point where ridiculing the voluntary moral/religious choices of students who attend schools such as Liberty or Holy Cross or BYU is OK, but a private citizen's expression of a personal preference in favor of traditional marriage is not? Orewllian thoughtcrime in dystopian modern America.

xnonox

Bogus Megapardus
August 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bogie are you Kate's agent?

That would be Pard4Life, who discovered Kate. It just so happens that she looks terrific in Leopard and PL-nerd eyeglasses. Even a Lehigh fan can't deny it.

http://s3.favim.com/orig/39/blonde-girl-kate-upton-leopard-pretty-Favim.com-320042.jpg

IaaScribe
August 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Game kicks at 7, BTW.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM
This will be a very important game for both teams. Liberty had a brutal opening few set of games making it extremely important they hold serve against the Hawks.

For Lehigh, the Liberty game could pave the way for a Top 5 top ranking and a bye/home playoff game assuming they can make it through the league with only one loss.

Both teams lost some key players but overall I think the Flames were hit harder. With that said, there's a lot of talent on both rosters and by the 4th game some depth should be built.

Bogus Megapardus
August 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I think the biggest question for Liberty will be Turner Gill's ability to fill the shoes of Danny Rocco. Will it still be a 3-4 defense? Gill ran a 3-4 at Kansas. Will it be pound-the-rock style offense? That's what Kansas was known for, but Liberty had a potent passing attack under Rocco. Last year, Gill's Kansas Jayhawk offense wasn't particularly good. And four teams put up 59 points or more on them - including Oklahoma State, which put up 70 points. Kansas managed to beat McNeese State and get past Northern Illinois (the MAC champs), but that's it.

Coen and his assistants will lead Lehigh with a consistent, well-established scheme, while Gill might still be working things out with the Flames. On the other hand, the Flames will have an edge in sheer muscle and physicality and might have an edge in depth (which won't matter so much early in the season). Colvin will have to be on the mark and Lehigh's front seven - especially the LBs - had better be up to snuff.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 4th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I think the biggest question for Liberty will be Turner Gill's ability to fill the shoes of Danny Rocco. Will it still be a 3-4 defense? Gill ran a 3-4 at Kansas. Will it be pound-the-rock style offense? That's what Kansas was known for, but Liberty had a potent passing attack under Rocco. Last year, Gill's Kansas Jayhawk offense wasn't particularly good. And four teams put up 59 points or more on them - including Oklahoma State, which put up 70 points. Kansas managed to beat McNeese State and get past Northern Illinois (the MAC champs), but that's it.

Coen and his assistants will lead Lehigh with a consistent, well-established scheme, while Gill might still be working things out with the Flames. On the other hand, the Flames will have an edge in sheer muscle and physicality and might have an edge in depth (which won't matter so much early in the season). Colvin will have to be on the mark and Lehigh's front seven - especially the LBs - had better be up to snuff.

Following Gills time at Buffalo and Kansas I think the guys a hack. Minus one magical season his teams have been dreadful. He didn't recruit a lick at Buffalo and his players quit on him at Kansas.

I think the Liberty folks are relying too much on his religious beliefs rather than his actual coaching abilities.

Bogus Megapardus
August 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Following Gills time at Buffalo and Kansas I think the guys a hack. Minus one magical season his teams have been dreadful. He didn't recruit a lick at Buffalo and his players quit on him at Kansas.

I think the Liberty folks are relying too much on his religious beliefs rather than his actual coaching abilities.

What magical season? When he went 5-3 in the MAC?

IaaScribe
August 4th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Gill switched from Rocco's 3-4 (which was more of a 3-5-3 stack in recent years) to a straight 4-3. You can probably expect to see more of a pro-style offense this year, but that has as much to do with personnel as anything, with Mike Brown being gone. I'd tell you more, but practices are closed and I can only go on what I saw at the spring game (vanilla) and what Gill tells me (not much).

Ivytalk
August 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM

He shoots... He scores! Zing!:D

ngineer
August 4th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Game kicks at 7, BTW.

Good! Might be home by 1 a.m. then. We'll be getting to Lynchburg around noon-1 p.m, so I suspect we'll be doing some roving around until tailgate time. Certainly a big game for both teams to the extent it would effect either's ability to make playoffs if they don't win their respective league championships. Luckily, this isn't an opener for Liberty as going up against a team with a new coach leaves the opposition with little to plan upon, so we'll have some film on the Flames by then.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 4th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Politics, LFN? Really? Are we really at the point where ridiculing the voluntary moral/religious choices of students who attend schools such as Liberty or Holy Cross or BYU is OK, but a private citizen's expression of a personal preference in favor of traditional marriage is not? Orewllian thoughtcrime in dystopian modern America.

xnonox

Methinks you're reading into my joke about Liberty's "new' stadium name a wee bit too much. Believe me, I am not ridiculing anybody. Except for perhaps the spotted pussies that have lost four straight to The Good Guys In Brown.