PDA

View Full Version : Bison FB SOLD OUT!!

ndsubison
August 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Season Tix sold out (12,000+), Gen Admn sold out as of this morning. Blood is running green & GOLD in Fargo. My wish for the NDSU FB team this year is:

1) Win the MVFC
2) Beat UNI
3) Take the Big Sky (and CAA) Champion to the woodshed come playoff time
4) Put a Ring on the extra thumb

Easier said than done. If the Bison can come through the MVFC (somewhat) unscathed we will see what happens.

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Season Tix sold out (12,000+), Gen Admn sold out as of this morning. Blood is running green & GOLD in Fargo. My wish for the NDSU FB team this year is:

1) Win the MVFC
2) Beat UNI
4) Put a Ring on the extra thumb

Easier said than done. If the Bison can come through the MVFC (somewhat) unscathed we will see what happens.

Single game tickets (reserved) should still be available right? (My wife wants to go to the Homecoming game...she is a Bison fan).

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Single game tickets (reserved) should still be available right? (My wife wants to go to the Homecoming game...she is a Bison fan).

None available, reserved or general admission....single game tickets sold out in the first day except for the Prairie View game which only had a few left last time I checked. I would imagine there might be some reserved tickets come available from the opponent ticket block returns, but as of right now, the dome is sold out.

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
None available, reserved or general admission....single game tickets sold out in the first day except for the Prairie View game which only had a few left last time I checked. I would imagine there might be some reserved tickets come available from the opponent ticket block returns, but as of right now, the dome is sold out.

Great thats what I didn't need now...a pissed off wife. When does the call for a bigger dome start?

BisonFan02
August 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
Great thats what I didn't need now...a pissed off wife. When does the call for a bigger dome start?

Depends who you ask....I would say 5-10 years of consistent sell outs. Rube central would say yesterday. Alot would need to happen before it would get looked at I imagine.

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Depends who you ask....I would say 5-10 years of consistent sell outs. Rube central would say yesterday. Alot would need to happen before it would get looked at I imagine.

With attendance almost always at max at the dome I can see fans (and media) start we need a bigger stadium campaign. I could see NDSU fill a 25,000 seat stadium with not much of a problem.

BEAR
August 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=North+Dakota+State+Bison+Footba ll+Tickets&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

Stub hub has them. :D

Gringer1
August 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Having the fixed capacity of a dome certainly helps with season ticket sales. When your seating is technically unlimited, people will put off buying season tickets because they know they can always walk up on game day without a sellout.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congrats NDSU.

MplsBison
August 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Why not 14k season tickets?

All I know is the students had better show up and put their hung over little a___es in those seats --- else I can think of a good place to sell a couple more thousand tickets!

As far as capacity...for now, I'm in the camp that says lets get a consistently sold out stadium and start raising prices.

Gringer1
August 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Why not 14k season tickets?

All I know is the students had better show up and put their hung over little a___es in those seats --- else I can think of a good place to sell a couple more thousand tickets!

As far as capacity...for now, I'm in the camp that says lets get a consistently sold out stadium and start raising prices.

I think that's the best idea. It creates a feeling of scarcity and importance. That's great for building a brand.

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=North+Dakota+State+Bison+Footba ll+Tickets&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

Stub hub has them. :D

5 tickets remain for the Homecomming game against YSU...61 bucks a ticket WOW!!

MplsBison
August 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
This December, right around the time NDSU is deep in another playoff run ( xnodx ) - the Fargodome will turn 20 years old.

So, considering the Metrodome is going to be replaced after 30 some odd years, I don't think it's too early to start thinking about the next home for NDSU football. No human can plan 20-30 years in advance and at that time 19k capacity probably made some people laugh.

In a few years, perhaps you do a study and put together some renderings. Then you start working on the government for a couple years to agree to fund the thing. Then you start looking for donations, then build it.

Perhaps a new stadium will be ready to open by the 2024 home opener?

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 06:09 PM
This December, right around the time NDSU is deep in another playoff run ( xnodx ) - the Fargodome will turn 20 years old.

So, considering the Metrodome is going to be replaced after 30 some odd years, I don't think it's too early to start thinking about the next home for NDSU football. No human can plan 20-30 years in advance and at that time 19k capacity probably made some people laugh.

In a few years, perhaps you do a study and put together some renderings. Then you start working on the government for a couple years to agree to fund the thing. Then you start looking for donations, then build it.

Perhaps a new stadium will be ready to open by the 2024 home opener?

Will they still be building the new BSA?:D

TheBisonator
August 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Will they still be building the new BSA?:D

We'll have a 10,000-seat arena by then. :)

darell1976
August 1st, 2012, 06:14 PM

And a spot in the MVC.

MplsBison
August 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM

Zero chance - and it should be that way.

5k is more than enough for NDSU basketball, most games. The big games can be played in the Dome.

344Johnson
August 1st, 2012, 07:08 PM

An intelligent wife it seems to me. Tell her I'll get her a student ticket for homecoming. Provided she pregames and sings songs with us.

Call for a bigger dome starts if NDSU starts up another dynasty and ticket demand gets outrageous. It would be wise to remember that this is following a title. Most years, we won't win. What happens next time we go 7-4 or 6-5 and ticket demand falls.

MarkCCU
August 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
Oh geez. That's incredible. Congrats.

Twentysix
August 1st, 2012, 10:13 PM
https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=PERFORMERCATEGORY&SALE_TKT_PERFORMER_ID=20&SALE_TKT_SALE_CATEGORIES_ID=338

Incase anyone wanted to view the glory.

There are 3 reserved tickets remaining for PVAM and 0 general admission.

clenz
August 2nd, 2012, 12:15 AM
And a spot in the MVC.

Stop with the crazy hypptheticals...

frozennorth
August 2nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Well i better get on the season ticket waiting list. 3 years and i should be settled back into fargo and not completely broke.

Sammy94
August 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM

You can have the CAA Champion, save the Big Sky for us.

AshevilleApp2
August 2nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Impressive work NDSU fans!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
You can have the CAA Champion, save the Big Sky for us.

yeah, I can see the Southland wanting to try and get to back to a respectable level in the W/L column cuz it's been a long series of *** beatings. It's good to see you guys throw a lucky punch once in a while and get in with a win cuz it keeps it at least a little bit interesting.xthumbsupx

Twentysix
August 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
yeah, I can see the Southland wanting to try and get to back to a respectable level in the W/L column cuz it's been a long series of *** beatings. It's good to see you guys throw a lucky punch once in a while and get in with a win cuz it keeps it at least a little bit interesting.xthumbsupx

Lets be real, neither conference can win away from home. :p

ursus arctos horribilis
August 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Lets be real, neither conference can win away from home. :p

For that matter neither can the MVFC.

Twentysix
August 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
For that matter neither can the MVFC.

Oh really?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380147

UNI didn't realize that you only need to complete 5 passes to beat the bigsky at home. :S

Ginsbach
August 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Great news! I was hoping to try and catch an NDSU game this year, but I'm not sure when I'm going home to visit my parents in Hankinson and wanted to wait on buying a ticket until I had confirmation of the date. Hopefully they can keep these sellouts up.

BisonFan02
August 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Great news! I was hoping to try and catch an NDSU game this year, but I'm not sure when I'm going home to visit my parents in Hankinson and wanted to wait on buying a ticket until I had confirmation of the date. Hopefully they can keep these sellouts up.

They will still sell SRO tickets the week of the game, and I think all of the visitor tix that don't get used go up for sale on thurs(?)/Friday before the game. Stubhub has had a few on there also if you wanted to pay a premium.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
Oh really?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380147

UNI didn't realize that you only need to complete 5 passes to beat the bigsky at home. :S

You were talking conference and pulled up one game? I don't know what UNI realized or didn't. I do know that in your road trip that you didn't post it went the other way...and that is the best the MVFC has so let's go ahead and see if that continues for you.

So yes...really, or are you gonna allow single game stats as proof of something across the board? I got some EWU, NAU, MSU, Idaho State, & UM wins in the playoffs if that's how we do it.

That seems like a silly way to do things. Really.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Stop with the crazy hypptheticals...

If some MVC teams leave in the near future and NDSU's MBB program gets more consistent, then this could happen.