PDA

View Full Version : Delaware's Bernard Muir Named AD At Stanford

Lehigh Football Nation
July 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Stunning to me - how long was he even at Delaware?

MplsBison
July 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Clearing the way for Delaware football to the WAC with new AD hire...

bluehenbillk
July 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Congrats to Muir - Stanford wins the NCAA Director's Cup almost every year & as the best all-around athletics program in the land. Hopefully President Harker & the search committee find someone worthy quickly & the guy's first focus is football!!

MR. CHICKEN
July 27th, 2012, 03:23 PM
16593....YEOW!......JAMIE ZANINOVICH...UH STANFORD GRAD....&...FINALIST..FO' BERNARD'S NEW JOB..IS JOBBED...xeekx...AWK!

Bogus Megapardus
July 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Isn't Muir the guy who couldn't get either the football stadium or the basketball practice facility built at Georgetown?

MR. CHICKEN
July 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
16594.....@ YOU-DEE......IN HIS THREE YEARS...ON DUTY....OVERSAW...NEW BASKETBALL/VOLLEYBALL...PRACTICE/OFFICE BUILDIN'...OTHERAH IMPROVEMENTS....LIKE CAFE TYPE TABLES..@ DUH TUB...FAILED TA PRA-VIDE...SPICY MUSTARD...FO' PRETZELS & DAWGS....INCREASED...FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS...(HOLDIN' SEASON TICKET BUYERS..HOSTAGE...WHIFF DONATION POLICY)...OH...AN' AXED DUH.....MEN'S X-COUNTRY/TRACK TEAMS...HE'S ON DUH ..NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT SELECTION COMMITTEE...HAS WORKED AS DIRECTOR O' MEN'S BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT....AN' WAS UH DEPUTY [email protected] DAME......KEPT OURAH....LOSER ROUND-BALL COACH EMPLOYED.....AN'...NOW....IS PALO ALTO'S....PROBLEM......xnodx......BRAWK!!

BlueHenSinfonian
July 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Isn't Muir the guy who couldn't get either the football stadium or the basketball practice facility built at Georgetown?

His track record regarding football at Georgetown always left him a little bit suspect in my book. He did push through some nice improvements to The Bob (basketball arena) along with improved weight rooms and conditioning facilities while at Delaware. At the same time he seemed completely unable to replace our subpar basketball coach who has been dragging that program down for the better part of a decade.

I hope whoever they pick to replace Muir has football as his priority and will be willing to drive the program to the next level.

DFW HOYA
July 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM

Bernard Muir's resume is impeccable and he is as personable and bright as any 43 year old AD candidate can be. But Muir tends to move around a lot (4 yrs at ND, 4 at Georgetown, 3 at UD) and he didn't leave Georgetown under the best of terms. He left abruptly to take the post in Newark and as a result, the GU job was vacant for 14 months. The press release announcing the departure was suprisingly terse:

http://www.guhoyas.com/genrel/051109aaa.html

Nothing moved on the MSF; it started before he arrived and it never truly was "his" project. The football budget was flat. Nothing moved on the basketball practice facility. He brought in a number of staff and took many of them with him to Delaware, not always a welcome gesture to a former employer.

Muir's departure was an unexpected benefit for Kevin Kelly. Kelly's record after four seasons (5-37) would be unsupportable at 99% of Div. I, and Muir would have forced to make a difficult decision on his first and only major hire at Georgetown if he were still around in the fall of 2009. Instead, with no AD on board, Kelly was able to get things moving in the right direction in the interim.

Yes, Stanford provides opportunities for Muir that he would never get at Georgetown or UDel. If his goal was to be a I-A athletic director, this is it, but if he's up and out in four more years it's going to be a harder sell to the next university president.

I'd be interested in the take from Delaware fans on his legacy there.

GSU EAGLES
July 27th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Muir is the name of legends in the San Fran area ala Kennedy in Boston. Just having the same last name as John Muir was enough to land the job. Throw in the sophisticated sounding name Bernard and they will think he is the greatest thing since Obama. No need to even check his credentials.

MR. CHICKEN
July 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Bernard Muir's resume is impeccable and he is as personable and bright as any 43 year old AD candidate can be. But Muir tends to move around a lot (4 yrs at ND, 4 at Georgetown, 3 at UD) and he didn't leave Georgetown under the best of terms. He left abruptly to take the post in Newark and as a result, the GU job was vacant for 14 months. The press release announcing the departure was suprisingly terse:

http://www.guhoyas.com/genrel/051109aaa.html

Nothing moved on the MSF; it started before he arrived and it never truly was "his" project. The football budget was flat. Nothing moved on the basketball practice facility. He brought in a number of staff and took many of them with him to Delaware, not always a welcome gesture to a former employer.

Muir's departure was an unexpected benefit for Kevin Kelly. Kelly's record after four seasons (5-37) would be unsupportable at 99% of Div. I, and Muir would have forced to make a difficult decision on his first and only major hire at Georgetown if he were still around in the fall of 2009. Instead, with no AD on board, Kelly was able to get things moving in the right direction in the interim.

Yes, Stanford provides opportunities for Muir that he would never get at Georgetown or UDel. If his goal was to be a I-A athletic director, this is it, but if he's up and out in four more years it's going to be a harder sell to the next university president.

I'd be interested in the take from Delaware fans on his legacy there.

16595....UH...ER...UM......SEE POST #6....&...#7.....xrolleyesx.....BRAWK!