PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern's Administration Is Nieve...

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
And App State is a bunch of criminal bastards! Someone took a variation of Georgia Southern's old athletics website address (georgiasoutherneagles.com) and set it up as a redirect to an App State site. I will admit that it is kind of funny. GSU should have done their homework and registered all similar domain names to prevent this sort of thing. However, this is still criminal copyright infringement and someone is going to get sued. I just hope this was done by a random fan and the App administration isn't involved. The SoCon doesn't need anymore drama right now. http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.co/

Apphole
July 27th, 2012, 09:35 AM
And App State is a bunch of criminal bastards! Someone took a variation of Georgia Southern's old athletics website address (georgiasoutherneagles.com) and set it up as a redirect to an App State site. I will admit that it is kind of funny. GSU should have done their homework and registered all similar domain names to prevent this sort of thing. However, this is still criminal copyright infringement and someone is going to get sued. I just hope this was done by a random fan and the App administration isn't involved. The SoCon doesn't need anymore drama right now. http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.co/

First of all, I don't think this would qualify as "criminal copyright infringement." Best shot would be cyber squatting and whoever runs PATR.com would have to attempt to sell the domain name to the GaSo administration to qualify there.

whitey
July 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
LOL. This is hilarious.

DFW HOYA
July 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
The domain records are private, but they've owned the domain for over a year.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/georgiasoutherneagles.co

CID1990
July 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
LOL classic

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM
First of all, I don't think this would qualify as "criminal copyright infringement." Best shot would be cyber squatting and whoever runs PATR.com would have to attempt to sell the domain name to the GaSo administration to qualify there.

Georgia Southern Eagles is a copyrighted name and the government has already settled that copyrighted names can't be used in domain registration by parties that don't own it. Furthermore, cybersquatting does not require that you actively try to sell the domain, just that you own one that you have no intention of legitimately using.

fc97
July 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
internic whois still shows georgia southern as the owner even though the registration has expired. the new restrant, or the renewing party, is anonymous and it hasnt propogated

hes right, this does have some legality issues, but most pranks do

Apphole
July 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Here's an App State link that sends you to a GaSo site. AppStatewins.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

fc97
July 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
ok, maybe the first time ive laughed at something apphole did

ha! that never gets old :)

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Here's an App State link that sends you to a GaSo site. AppStatewins.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

You get a good one off every once in a while ;)

whitey
July 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Georgia Southern Eagles is a copyrighted name and the government has already settled that copyrighted names can't be used in domain registration by parties that don't own it. Furthermore, cybersquatting does not require that you actively try to sell the domain, just that you own one that you have no intention of legitimately using.

It's a .co site, which is the internet country code for Columbia. I'm not sure how this copyright stuff works but since it's technically a foreign site would that even apply?

Apphole
July 27th, 2012, 09:46 AM
You get a good one off every once in a while ;)

2-3 a day at least

TheRevSFA
July 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
That is pretty ****ing funny.

asumike83
July 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
That is a good one... gotcha!

dgtw
July 27th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Does Georgia Southern not teach you how to spell naive?

State Line Liquors
July 27th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure what I like best, the brilliantly amusing efforts to redirect Georgia Southern fans to an App State site, the accusation that this is a criminal act, or the criminally bad spelling of 'naive'.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 27th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Juan Nieves didn't go to Georgia Southern? xconfusedx

Apphole
July 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure what I like best, the brilliantly amusing efforts to redirect Georgia Southern fans to an App State site, the accusation that this is a criminal act, or the criminally bad spelling of 'naive'.

What? The Rick Roll isn't even up for consideration!? This really must be a funny thread.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2012, 11:39 AM

No it's Spanish for snow as in "Georgia Southern's Aministration is snow"

makes perfect sense.

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
This is why you don't post threads from your phone. Damned auto correct strikes again.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2012, 12:20 PM
This is why you don't post threads from your phone. Damned auto correct strikes again.

Your phone knows Spanish?

Skjellyfetti
July 27th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yes! I love nieves!!!

http://www.todossantos-baja.com/blog/2007-oaxaca-fair-leche-chemada-nieve.jpg

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 27th, 2012, 12:37 PM

You spelled it wrong, too.

The letter I is supposed to have a diaeresis over it. xreadx

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Your phone knows Spanish?

Some words it does. Never know when one might show up. It's like whack a mole.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 27th, 2012, 01:13 PM
You spelled it wrong, too.

The letter I is supposed to have a diaeresis over it. xreadx

You're just amking up words now.

:D

walliver
July 27th, 2012, 03:30 PM
This is horrible. All those GSU fans in Colombia will have trouble keeping up with their team now.

james_lawfirm
July 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM

So, if you register a domain name with the internet po-po & then some App fan with a sense of humor uses a name that's one letter off, then said App fan is guilty of copyright infringement? Wow! Who knew.

I think to be guilty of copyright infringement someone first must have a copyright. Someone might be guilty of something, but not that.

Cyber-squatting. I like that one better -- but, I don't know what that is. Is that like data-pooping?

And, yes, I am absolutely certain that our Chancellor was behind this dastardly deed. Oh, the shame of it! I call for an investigation.

Gringer1
July 27th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Gosh dude. The whole thing was a joke. But yes, using the name "Georgia Southern Eagles" in any unauthorized capacity is copyright infringement. You should ask that law firm of yours :P

WUTNDITWAA
July 27th, 2012, 08:54 PM
So, if you register a domain name with the internet po-po & then some App fan with a sense of humor uses a name that's one letter off, then said App fan is guilty of copyright infringement? Wow! Who knew.

I think to be guilty of copyright infringement someone first must have a copyright. Someone might be guilty of something, but not that.

Cyber-squatting. I like that one better -- but, I don't know what that is. Is that like data-pooping?

And, yes, I am absolutely certain that our Chancellor was behind this dastardly deed. Oh, the shame of it! I call for an investigation.

Well, now we know how the NCAA is going to get back at Penn State. Hello, death penalty. xrotatehx

ElonFirefighter
July 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'm getting wutnditwaa for copyright infringement for his agitator picture

WUTNDITWAA
July 27th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I'm getting wutnditwaa for copyright infringement for his agitator picture

:D Sorry. When it comes to Appalachian and Elon, we're the ones that do the owning.

ElonFirefighter
July 28th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Will since we are able on the topic of plagiarism here is a video I found. Must watch whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9TtGAN-pc

mountaineerman
July 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I have been rick rolled twice once on mmb and now here that is some funny S----t

SoCon48
July 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Will since we are able on the topic of plagiarism here is a video I found. Must watch whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9TtGAN-pc

And your point is............?

GreatAppSt
August 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM

Y'all got owned everyday, 24/7 for a whole year and a half xeekx, and you didn't even know it xdontknowx? Oh the burnxscanx, the shamexoopsx, Sucks to be you walking around with a kick me sign all that time ya Dayum buncha birdbrains xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Who could have the know how, considerable means, and the desire to commit such dastardly smack? Do you GSU'ers have a short list of suspects yet xconfusedx? Ralph maybe xeyebrowx?

BTW it's been redirected to GSU now. Interesting.

blueballs
August 4th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Hey GAS, bring a jug of shine to the RFG this year and we'll forgive you.................... again.