PDA

View Full Version : ROY KIDD

ekufbfan
July 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
EKU's legendary coach ROY KIDD is No.5 on the list of all time winningest D-I coaches. But more importantly he is a great human being who has a had a great impact on many young men, our university and our city. He was an accomplished high school baseball player and quarterback and played both sports at EKU.
His accomplishments at EKU are many and he put Eastern on the map. He retired with 315 wins (.716 winning percentage). In his 39 years at EKU he had 37 non- losing seasons. His teams won 16 OVC Championships, appeared in 17 NCAA D-IAA playoff games, was National Runner up twice and National Champs 2 times. His 1982 team was a perfect 13-0 and beat Delaware for the 1982 title. He was named the OVC coach of the year 10 times, National Coach of the Year twice, placed numerous players in the NFL and 55 All Americans were Colonels. He is a member of the OVC Hall of Fame and the College Football Hall of Fame. He is also a past president of the College Football Coaches Association. Kentucky's High School Athletic Association's top high school player of the year award is named for him as well as the OVC coach of the year is named the Roy Kidd Award. Coach Kidd was and is a great man and competitor. He is avid golfer and competes like he did on the gridiron. xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

GreatAppSt
July 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
And he didn't support child sodomy in the waining years of his tenure either. He's got my vote.

Bam
July 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Great man & coach, but I bet his feeling strange about this situation.

ekufbfan
July 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Great man & coach, but I bet his feeling strange about this situation.

WHY would HE feel strange? I can't speak for him but I am sure he hates this as bad as everyone else, but he has no more reason "to feel strange" than you or I. xeyebrowx
Bam, I know you are a true EKU fan, but I think maybe feeling "strange" is the wrong choice of words here.

Bam
July 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Strange could be the wrong word? Sorry im drunk. Do you really think he is rejoicing?

ekufbfan
July 24th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Strange could be the wrong word? Sorry im drunk. Do you really think he is rejoicing?

huh? "rejoicing"....NOT HARDLY.... this just keeps getting worse (drunk? you must have been swimming in the hard stuff this evening ). I think we should drop this whole PSU thing in regard to this particular thread! PLEASE! If I had any idea it would lead to even mentioning the fiasco at PS I would never had started it ( Kidd's accomplishments had nothing to do with all that mess nor can anyone speak to his "feelings" about it, can't believe how things digress on this board sometimes).

WataugaDave
July 25th, 2012, 07:21 AM
He sounds a lot like Jerry Moore, actually.

Anyway, it's great when you're actually around for that coach you know future generations of your school are going to idolize. Kind of like being an Ohio State student in the Woody Hayes era. A coach like that does a lot more for a school than football.

Does he still show up for games and such, or has he pretty much faded into a nice long retirement?

ekufbfan
July 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM
He's always there and tailgating too.

AshevilleApp2
July 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Roy Kidd was one of the great coaches in our division. We had some really competitive series between ASU and EKU while he and Jerry Moore were on the the opposite sidelines.

colonelblitz
July 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM
lets not forget where we play football..... Roy Kidd Stadium.... On Roy and Sue Kidd way.

Bam
July 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hell, I remember it was not two minutes after Coach Kidd's 300th victory he signed my game ticket without hesitation. I love that guy!

EKU-n-GSU
July 25th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I went to HS with his three children; played BB and FB with his sons - and I believe he and his wife still live in our old neighborhood. Don't think you'll find a nicer man, better father, or role model for coach wannabe's. Beyond reproach.