PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State 2 FBS wins last year

Sycamore51
July 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
With PennSt having to vacate wins, that means INST will show 2 wins against FBS teams last year. I think we should redo the playoffs from last year now

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
With PennSt having to vacate wins, that means INST will show 2 wins against FBS teams last year. I think we should redo the playoffs from last year now

Nope, a vacated win does not equal a win for the other team.

I keep saying it. Don't step on your dick against SIU and the playoff committee would have welcomed you with open arms.

Sycamore51
July 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM

I keep saying it. Don't step on your dick against SIU and the playoff committee would have welcomed you with open arms.
I think having a slong long enough to step on beats making the playoffs any day! It counts as a win in the record books, at least it does in all time record books in media guides that I see. I personally won't count it, but I'm pretty sure the record books show it as a W with an F in the final score slot.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
I think having a slong long enough to step on beats making the playoffs any day! It counts as a win in the record books, at least it does in all time record books in media guides that I see. I personally won't count it, but I'm pretty sure the record books show it as a W with an F in the final score slot.

It's been covered before.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/4734/what-does-vacating-wins-really-mean

Sycamore51
July 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
I didn't realize there was a technical difference in a forfeit and a vacation of a win. I guess all we've got are long slongs then.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Slongs.....xlolx

Once I get, but twice?

You step on your slongs because you have very, very short legs.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Slongs.....xlolx

Once I get, but twice?

You step on your slongs because you have very, very short legs.

As do ISUr and YSU who also blew a good chance on the final day. Lots of short legs.

DFW HOYA
July 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
So, eventually, the 2012 NCAA basketball champion will be listed as "Vacated".

DJKyR0
July 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
I think this is hilarious. I don't care what anyone says.

Twentysix
July 24th, 2012, 01:52 AM
I think this is hilarious. I don't care what anyone says.

They have to measure up somehow xlolx

ysubigred
July 24th, 2012, 06:47 AM

xeyebrowx The only team that was welcomed with open arms W/a W the last week of the regular season was YSU. Even with an ISUb W they were still way out on the bubble. This coming from a guy sitting on the committee. Again this should be a slap in the face of the MVFC as a whole xshakefistx ISUb was as good as any of the at large teams.

MplsBison
July 24th, 2012, 07:25 AM
IL St, IN St and YSU all deserved the playoffs last year over some of the teams that got in. I don't give a crap if they're AQ or not.

ElonFirefighter
July 24th, 2012, 07:33 AM

Well they now have 1 win and 1 we didn't loose( with the other team winning)

underdawg
July 24th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the complement. I'd thought we'd won the game fair and square but you're probably right--ISU lost it

NoDak 4 Ever
July 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the complement. I'd thought we'd won the game fair and square but you're probably right--ISU lost it

Yes because you were 2-6 in the conference by magic. I'm simply making the point that the rest of the MVFC teams had a golden opportunity to show themselves worthy going into the last week of the season. Both ISUb and YSU had very winnable games. Even ISUr had UNI on the ropes which would have looked amazing. Instead, they all blew it and sat home.

I remember I was in Chicago and constantly refreshing the ESPN MVFC scoreboard on my phone. I was really pulling for all of you and was (slightly) disappointed when nothing came through.

ysubigred
July 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Yes because you were 2-6 in the conference by magic. I'm simply making the point that the rest of the MVFC teams had a golden opportunity to show themselves worthy going into the last week of the season. Both ISUb and YSU had very winnable games. Even ISUr had UNI on the ropes which would have looked amazing. Instead, they all blew it and sat home.

I remember I was in Chicago and constantly refreshing the ESPN MVFC scoreboard on my phone. I was really pulling for all of you and was (slightly) disappointed when nothing came through.

3 strikes and we were out xbawlingx

813Jag
July 24th, 2012, 08:32 AM
that means the 06 Orange Bowl didn't happen, now if something can happen and wipe out the 2001 Orange Bowl then I'll be happy.

ndsubison
July 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM
IL St, IN St and YSU all deserved the playoffs last year over some of the teams that got in. I don't give a crap if they're AQ or not.

Absolutely. I look forward to the Valley being tough yet again this fall and hopefully the selection committee will take notice. No way you can tell me that ISUr, ISUb and YSU wouldn't have made some noise in the playoffs last year. I'm also hoping that UNI will stop their trend of not living up to their potential and laying eggs in the playoffs. Then again, if getting NDSU into the playoffs consistently means knocking one of the any aforementioned teams out, I'm all for it. GO BISON!!

ndsubison
July 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah and let's hope SIU can come back to prominence. Even though Lennon is a tool. Call me biased but I stand fast that the MVFC is the best conf overall, and is getting even better each year.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Oh yeah and let's hope SIU can come back to prominence. Even though Lennon is a tool. Call me biased but I stand fast that the MVFC is the best conf overall, and is getting even better each year.

you are biased. You rarely have anything to back that statement up. There were no MVFC teams left out last year that were more deserving of any other conferences teams left watching. On average it's on the level of The SoCon, The Big Sky, and slightly below the CAA.