PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Monmouth??

NFLCB2
June 29th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I hear they are pretty good and looking to move out of mid major are they a legit team
(players)

colgate13
June 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM
They're not a bad 'mid-major' that is in a league that now allows up to 30 scholarshps. They had a pretty good class of freshman come in. They may be hurting a bit though based on who has graduated. They'll get to see how they stack up against the PL once again, this time against Colgate.

Pard4Life
June 30th, 2006, 08:35 AM
They have a nasty incoming quarterback... Mewell I think his name is... from Raritan... threw for something like 34TDs and 2INTs over the past two seasons. If he was no 5'10", he would have likely been a highly touted I-A prospect.

maacfb
June 30th, 2006, 08:42 AM
your talking about Andrew Mandeville. Ive never seen him play but have heard nothing but good things about him

Pard4Life
June 30th, 2006, 08:45 AM
your talking about Andrew Mandeville. Ive never seen him play but have heard nothing but good things about him

That's it.. thanks for the clarification.

NFLCB2
June 30th, 2006, 08:54 AM
OK I just wanted to know if it was all hype. Do you think they could make the jump out of mid-major because I heard they were some of the Elite mid-majors (San Diego, Dayton, Monmouth,CCSU,)

colgate13
June 30th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Hype? Well I think even at 30 scholarships they will still be on the outside looking in most times against the rest of I-AA. Will they get better? Yes, I think so - better than the bottom 2-3 PL and Ivy teams that's for sure.

NFLCB2
June 30th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Ive never heard of them until a few weeks ago Its was out of nowhere since they are playing a higher schedule Colgate, morgan st, Fordham

NFLCB2
June 30th, 2006, 10:49 AM
How do you think they will match up

Go...gate
June 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
I'm familiar with Monmouth's program and it is growing in both financial terms and credibility. They are not yet ready for the Atlantic 10, but their recruiting is much more aggressive and they have become a legitimate option for many good recruits in the NYC metro area, which has a great deal of HS FB talent. I think they will compete with Morgan but will have tougher going against Fordham and Colgate.

NFLCB2
June 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Yea Colgate is a powerhouse i had a good friend that just graduated out of that program they are a class act

Go...gate
June 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Not so fast - our "powerhouse" was upset at home last year by Central Connecticut of your own NEC!

NFLCB2
June 30th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Very True but CCSU is a tough team that shouldnt be taken lightly they have a good player in Corey Harge also he is returning this year Jr i believe
and by powerhouse I mean they are a consistant program national championship game playoffs have alot of exposure..