PDA

View Full Version : City of Grambling wants Paterno Record Vacated

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I find this to be a fail, personally.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/city-grambling-wants-paterno-record-192015931--ncaaf.html

An attorney for the city of Grambling, La., has asked the NCAA infractions committee to vacate some of Joe Paterno's record 409 Division I victories.

Grambling is the home of Grambling State University. Coach Eddie Robinson led Grambling to 408 victories during his career with the Tigers, a total that was passed by Paterno less than two weeks before he was fired as the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal broke.

City attorney Pamela Breedlove said she filed the request with the approval of Mayor Edward Jones because the university is such a valued and important part of the city. The Shreveport (La.) Times first reported the request.

Breedlove said she did not have an opinion about how many victories should be vacated. The three-page request she sent to the NCAA details the city's position, which says that the Freeh Report's conclusions are enough evidence to give the record back to Robinson.

Hammerhead
July 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I don't think you can start taking away victories from Penn State but taking down his statues is OK with me.

Redhawk2010
July 20th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Apparently the city and their lawyer has nothing better to do. Sounds like somebody is being overpaid if they have time for this nonsense.

catamount man
July 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Does this TRULY surprise anybody............."we shall overcome"

catamount man
July 20th, 2012, 09:17 AM
John Gagliardi. I guess they'll come after the real record and him next. "We shall overcome"

Sam_Kats
July 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Just makes Grambling look silly.

344Johnson
July 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Hey. Hank Aaron (still the home run king, don't kid yourselves) wasn't perfect when it came to something not entirely related with hitting home runs. Lets take them away!

Tiger Woods was cheating on his wife for years and years and was winning majors and because she didn't know about it he was able to win majors, have affairs, and have a happy family, lets take away his majors.

DFW HOYA
July 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Among the teams Eddie Robinson beat over his early years included 11 wins over opponents listed as "Unknown".

344Johnson
July 20th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Among the teams Eddie Robinson beat over his early years included 11 wins over opponents listed as "Unknown".

HBCU?

superman7515
July 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Yep. And Grambling also says they don't know what the score was, they just know Grambling won.

DFW HOYA
July 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Some of the early opponents were not even in the NCAA.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southwestern/grambling_state/yearly_results.php?year=1942

ButlerGSU
July 20th, 2012, 10:39 AM

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southwestern/grambling_state/yearly_results.php?year=1942

Wow. How was this record ever recognized?

344Johnson
July 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yep. And Grambling also says they don't know what the score was, they just know Grambling won.

"Sooo what did the scoreboard say at the end?" - Local paper.

"Uhhhh we don't know." -Grambling

"Soo who won? How do you know?" Local paper

"Get off our backs. We won! That's whats important." -Grambling.

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Does this TRULY surprise anybody............."we shall overcome"

John Gagliardi. I guess they'll come after the real record and him next. "We shall overcome"

Owch!!!!! xlolx

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM

Alright, enough of the foolishness from self; I've had my lol this morn. :|

All are in agreeance that there was actually a time period where blacks could NOT and were NOT allowed to compete against historically white entities, eh? So, the year is 1947, if you can think back in time, to that VERY sacred :D period where blacks weren't even allowed to sip H2O from the same water fountain xlolx because, well... they were black, am I wrong, eh? W/ that being said, where do you think those fledgling HBCUs had to seek gamedom (competition) from? Louisiana State University? lol McNeese St? lol Northwestern St? lol university of texas @ austin? lol aTm-Bryan/College Station? It wasn't happen' cap'n.

Let me give a little bit of history here. I think the year (period) was in the early-to-mid 30s where even my beloved Prairie View A&M University (whose name was ratified by the state of texas as "Prairie View State Normal & Industrial College" ) played a contest vs a high school, seriously, in houston, texas. :) It is what it was. If you're given lemons, you make lemonade. Especially when the backwards powers that be didn't want you to either excel or outpace their little cherished entities.

Now, for 50 pts... can anyone NOT of black descent lol tell the AGS congregation why the word "Normal" was purposely placed in a lot of HBCU proper names? :D This will be fun and is a glaring indictment for the past formers and their thought "process(es)." :)

fc97
July 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM

that doesnt matter, for most of us and even some of the big fbs schools, most opponents werent ncaa either. there was more naia until the 70s and 80s anyway. and even then, there were loads of schools that were independent until just before world war ii

FormerPokeCenter
July 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM

If you look at Grambling's early record in the context of the times and what Robinson had to do to even field a team, I think it would be a travesty to not count those 11 wins...as to the scores, Robinson didn't have a statistician. He wrote many of the game stories in the early years himself...no paper was going to cover them, ya know?

I had the privilege of covering several Grambling's games and in talking to Coach Rob on several occasions.
Y favorite was when he broke Pop Warner's win record in Shreveport in the early 90's at independence Stadium. The man loved to talk. Once you got him going, you couldn't shut him up! ;)

He and Collie Nicholson built the Grambling brand.

Still, the request to vacate Jopa's wins is kinda stupid...

kdinva
July 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM

I hope the other SID's in the SWAC have better record-keeping........ xreadx

Also, we'll never know, how many games Grambling could have won in the 1-AA playoffs if Coach Robinson was afforded the chance.....

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Alright, enough of the foolishness from self; I've had my lol this morn. :|

All are in agreeance that there was actually a time period where blacks could NOT and were NOT allowed to compete against historically white entities, eh? So, the year is 1947, if you can think back in time, to that VERY sacred :D period where blacks weren't even allowed to sip H2O from the same water fountain xlolx because, well... they were black, am I wrong, eh? W/ that being said, where do you think those fledgling HBCUs had to seek gamedom (competition) from? Louisiana State University? lol McNeese St? lol Northwestern St? lol university of texas @ austin? lol aTm-Bryan/College Station? It wasn't happen' cap'n.

Let me give a little bit of history here. I think the year (period) was in the early-to-mid 30s where even my beloved Prairie View A&M University (whose name was ratified by the state of texas as "Prairie View State Normal & Industrial College" ) played a contest vs a high school, seriously, in houston, texas. :) It is what it was. If you're given lemons, you make lemonade. Especially when the backwards powers that be didn't want you to either excel or outpace their little cherished entities.

Now, for 50 pts... can anyone NOT of black descent lol tell the AGS congregation why the word "Normal" was purposely placed in a lot of HBCU proper names? :D This will be fun and is a glaring indictment for the past formers and their thought "process(es)." :)

Normal schools were schools specifically designed as teaching colleges. They set the "norm"

As for HBCUs, it was meant for teacher colleges to teach blacks who lacked education knowledge, also taught them vocational skills...right?

BisonBacker
July 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Just makes Grambling look silly.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bluehenbillk
July 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Grambling? Isn't that a band? "They play the foos-ball?"

Hammerhead
July 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Some of NDSU's early opponents weren't even colleges. The results from the first several years of the program include Fargo College which had graduating classes ranging from 1 student to 26 students until it closed in 1922.

I'm guessing the following opponents are high schools or small colleges that aren't in existence anymore and that I've never heard of. The first 3 names are small towns fairly close to Fargo.

Casselton
Mitchell
Barnesville
Red River Valley
Fargo High
Fergus Falls A.C.
Breckenridge A.C.

ButlerGSU
July 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Normal schools were schools specifically designed as teaching colleges. They set the "norm"

As for HBCUs, it was meant for teacher colleges to teach blacks who lacked education knowledge, also taught them vocational skills...right?

Georgia Southern University at one time was Georgia Normal School.

DFW HOYA
July 20th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Solution:

1. Let Paterno's record stand.
2. Let Robinson's record stand.

aceinthehole
July 20th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Georgia Southern University at one time was Georgia Normal School.

As was Central Connecticut State University, once known as the New Britain State Normal School.

Many other schools, including Eastern Michigan University (Michigan State Normal School), University at Albany (New York State Normal School), and even UCLA (Los Angleles State Normal School) began as "normal schools."

UAalum72
July 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I think many FCS. MAC, and Sunbelt universities began as normal schools. Albany (The New York State Normal School) was the first state-funded American normal school outside Massachusetts when founded in 1844.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Solution:

+1. Let this silly accounting of "actual victories" end.

WeAreNorthDakota
July 20th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Pretty pathetic ploy by Grambling. What went on at Penn State had really nothing to do with winning football games. That being said, I think the statue should be torn down and MAJOR punishments handed down to Penn State.

GAD
July 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=DFW HOYA;1814434]Some of the early opponents were not even in the NCAA.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southwestern/grambling_state/yearly_results.php?year=1942[/QUOT
African-Americans were not allowed in the NCAA

Ginsbach
July 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Some of NDSU's early opponents weren't even colleges. The results from the first several years of the program include Fargo College which had graduating classes ranging from 1 student to 26 students until it closed in 1922.

I'm guessing the following opponents are high schools or small colleges that aren't in existence anymore and that I've never heard of. The first 3 names are small towns fairly close to Fargo.

Casselton
Mitchell
Barnesville
Red River Valley
Fargo High
Fergus Falls A.C.
Breckenridge A.C.

Red River Valley University was a private university in Wahpeton that stop existing in 1905. It was right about that time that NDSCS started and took over the campus. If you've ever been to Wahpeton, Old Main was the primary building for Red River Valley and is still in use by NDSCS.

DFW HOYA
July 20th, 2012, 01:33 PM
African-Americans were not allowed in the NCAA

Are you sure about this? Paul Robeson (Rutgers '19), Jackie Robinson (UCLA '42), Jesse Owens (Ohio State '37), and others outside the Jim Crow states might disagree. As to HBCUs, many schools came out of the CIAA and SIAC traditions, each of which originated in the NAIA.

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Actually, rev, the powers that be thought that blacks weren't "normal," hence the last dig @ their character by allowing them to attend an entity that would attempt to make them "normal" human beings. It's how it was explained to me when younger. Not so sure what mainstream has done w/ the factual reasoning behind it. Isn't that something? The very ideology that blacks weren't "normal." How indictful of those who maintained that system. Blacks became "normal" when "they" decided to integrate the sports fields and make $$$$$$$$$$$ for the powerbrokers lol (CHA-CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!). xlolx 2 funn-eeeee. lol

henfan
July 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Solution:

Paterno
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-naxwoD665ZM/TVa9lkpnqaI/AAAAAAAAAyc/3caGo0oQXIQ/s1600/images-1.jpg

DFW HOYA
July 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Actually, rev, the powers that be thought that blacks weren't "normal," hence the last dig @ their character by allowing them to attend an entity that would attempt to make them "normal" human beings. It's how it was explained to me when younger. Not so sure what mainstream has done w/ the factual reasoning behind it. Isn't that something? The very ideology that blacks weren't "normal." How indictful of those who maintained that system. Blacks became "normal" when "they" decided to integrate the sports fields and make $$$$$$$$$$$ for the powerbrokers lol (CHA-CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!). xlolx 2 funn-eeeee. lol

I think we're getting off topic. A "normal" school was a common early 20th century term for teaching schools regardless of race.

"The term "normal school" originated in the early 19th century from the French école normale. The French concept of an "école normale" was to provide a model school with model classrooms to teach model teaching practices to its student teachers. The children being taught, their teachers, and the teachers of the teachers were often together in the same building

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_school

aceinthehole
July 20th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I think many FCS. MAC, and Sunbelt universities began as normal schools. Albany (The New York State Normal School) was the first state-funded American normal school outside Massachusetts when founded in 1844.

xthumbsupx, CCSU is the 6th oldest public normal school in the country and is the oldest public institution of higher education in the Connecticut.

1839: Normal School at Lexington ---> Framingham State Univesity (Mass.)
1839: Normal School at Barre ---> Westfield State University (Mass.)
1840: Normal School at Bridgewater ---> Bridgewater State University (Mass.)
1844: New York State Nomal School ---> University at Albany
1848: Girls' Normal School / Central High School (Philadelphia) *
1849: New Britain State Normal School ---> Central Connecticut State University

* Granted authority the by Act of the State Legislature to confirm academic degrees.

FormerPokeCenter
July 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I think we're getting off topic. A "normal" school was a common early 20th century term for teaching schools regardless of race.

"The term "normal school" originated in the early 19th century from the French école normale. The French concept of an "école normale" was to provide a model school with model classrooms to teach model teaching practices to its student teachers. The children being taught, their teachers, and the teachers of the teachers were often together in the same building

That's the best explanation I've heard.....to this day, there's an all-girl's high school named Ecole Classique in New Orleans...its not exactly Ecole Normale, but you get the point...

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM

That's great "they" have their definition.

But the definition that MY people told me whilst I was a younger is quite differing, eh? xconfusedx So, who do you think I'm going to believe and what do you think I'm going to hand down to my dna strand? :) Right.

Anti-wayz.... back on topic. City of Grambling vs NCAA/Paterno record holders.

GAD
July 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM

That's the funnies thing i've heard in a while. What local paper was gonna call? many local news outlets just started covering black schools high school or college in the 70s or 80s, some still don't to this day

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM

Actually you're a bit off on that since white teacher colleges were called normal schools.

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM
That's great "they" have their definition.

But the definition that MY people told me whilst I was a younger is quite differing, eh? xconfusedx So, who do you think I'm going to believe and what do you think I'm going to hand down to my dna strand? :) Right.

Anti-wayz.... back on topic. City of Grambling vs NCAA/Paterno record holders.

If you want to keep racism rampant, teach your kids the wrong definition

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of things that happened to hold on to pass down, but this might not be one

crossfire07
July 20th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I think it is pathetic to even suggest such a thing.

MSUBobcat
July 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of things that happened to hold on to pass down, but this might not be one

+1. Sorry Panther, but I think you were misinformed. Looks like there is plenty of other schools from the north well prior to the abolition of slavery in the US that were also "Normal". While there are plenty of horrible things that were done and said against African Americans, calling their colleges "Normal" does not appear to be an insinuation of an "ideology that blacks were not 'normal'", as you stated.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Does anyone take Paterno's record seriously anyway? I know I don't. Joe PA did nothing to earn those victories the last 2 or 3 years and I really question how much coaching he did the final 10 years.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
From what I've read, the great majority of alumni/students of Grambling State are really against the City of Grambling making this request.

3rd Coast Tiger
July 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM
July 20, 2012
GSU President Responds to NCAA Football Record Request
Grambling State University President Responds
to NCAA Football Record Request

GRAMBLING, La. – Grambling State University President Frank G. Pogue today responded to a City of Grambling, La., mayor and city attorney request that the NCAA vacate some of Pennsylvania State University Coach Joe Paterno’s Division I football victories.

"Grambling State University is a proud institutional member of the city of Grambling, Louisiana and a proud member of the NCAA,” said Pogue. “We are as passionate about Coach Eddie Robinson’s legacy as anyone. This is an NCAA matter."

http://www.gram.edu/life/news/?p=362

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM

Thx reverent but I'll keep the instilled tradition alive on this end :-).

MSUBobcat
July 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Thx reverent but I'll keep the instilled tradition alive on this end :-).

That is unfortunate that you wish to perpetuate unfactual stories to your children that can only serve to increase hostilities. xthumbsdownx There were many wrongs done back in those days (and even still today), so there is no reason to make matters worse by fabricating the past. xtwocentsx xpeacex

GAD
July 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Are you sure about this? Paul Robeson (Rutgers '19), Jackie Robinson (UCLA '42), Jesse Owens (Ohio State '37), and others outside the Jim Crow states might disagree. As to HBCUs, many schools came out of the CIAA and SIAC traditions, each of which originated in the NAIA.
African-American institutions is what I should have said sorry, but in Jim Crow states those players would have been benched.

GAD
July 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Paternos records should stand

appsfan
July 20th, 2012, 08:30 PM
GAD, was Jackie Robinson not black? He lettered in four sports, including football, while at UCLA in the early 40's...

Ivytalk
July 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Solution:

Agreed!

HailSzczur
July 20th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I don't understand why Paterno's record shouldn't stand. Sure he did horrible things as a person in the cover up, but now one is arguing that he was a hell of a coach. He didn't have recruiting violations, or anything that would allow his team to gain an unfair advantage. Your assistant molesting children doesn't really have any correlation to the product on the field. With players like Barry Bonds you talk about this because steroids gave him an advantage. Memphis basketball vacated wins because of recruiting violations and SAT cheating. Keep the record.

bluehenbillk
July 23rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Well Grambling wins - 14 seasons of football PSU vacates wins.

PSU reduced to a Patriot League team as they can only give 15 scholarships for the next 4 years...

eaglesrthe1
July 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Now State knows what it feels like to be raped.

TheRevSFA
July 23rd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Congrats Eddie Robinson, you are the winningest coach on a technicality.

DFW HOYA
July 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Congrats Eddie Robinson, you are the winningest coach on a technicality.

Not quite. Let's see the city of Grambling go after this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gagliardi

darell1976
July 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Bobby Bowden is the new #1 coach in FBS wins. Paterno lost 111 wins.

darell1976
July 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Not quite. Let's see the city of Grambling go after this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gagliardi

On November 8, 2003, Gagliardi broke the record for career coaching wins with his 409th victory, passing Grambling State University's Eddie Robinson. The 13,107 fans who witnessed the victory over Bethel at Saint John's Clemens Stadium were the largest crowd in NCAA Division III history.

TheRevSFA
July 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Oh they'll find a way to get Gagliardi.

DFW HOYA
July 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Vacating wins is always nonsense. Anyone want to take back Grambling's wins when it was on probation in the 1990's?

http://juneauempire.com/stories/073197/grambling.html

BluBengal07
July 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
But from re-reading Grambling's claim, they're referring to Division I football.

Gagliardi is DIII.

Eddie Robinson is the most winningest coach in all of Division I and FCS (division I-AA) college football (408)
Bobby Bowden is the most winningest coach in FBS (division I-A) college football (377)
John Gagliardi is the most winningest coach in college football with (484) Division III

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
To this whole argument, I offer a hearty "who really gives a fxxk?" An organization was complicit in the mass rape of children. I know it's not as fun or nostalgic but it seems to me that there are bigger, more serious matters to concern ourselves with than football records or a ridiculous statue.

DFW HOYA
July 23rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
But from re-reading Grambling's claim, they're referring to Division I football.

Gagliardi is DIII.

Eddie Robinson is the most winningest coach in all of Division I and FCS (division I-AA) college football (408)
Bobby Bowden is the most winningest coach in FBS (division I-A) college football (377)
John Gagliardi is the most winningest coach in college football with (484) Division III

It'a all splitting hairs. Many of Robinson's wins did not even come against NCAA teams, Bowden had wins against naval air station teams, and Gagliardi was a Division III coach. The idea that the NCAA can merely waive away Paterno's last 13 years is as fanciful as telling LSU or Alabama they didn't play for the national title, once we learn which team was violating more rules in a couple of years, as is the timeline with SEC investigations.

Panther88
July 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Seems like the GSU faithful got their wish(es).

superman7515
July 23rd, 2012, 12:55 PM

Gagliardi is DIII.

But that would still be incorrect because Grambling was not a University Division/Division 1 school until 1977, so of his 408 wins, Eddie Robinson has 154 at the Division 1 level which is waaaaay down the list.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
I wish the ncaa took Paterno's wins away for the right reason, he was a senile old man sitting in a press box incapable of actually coaching.

Gil Dobie
July 23rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Some useless trivia on the win record.

From 1960 to 1972 St John's was in the NCAA Small College Classification, same as Grambling. Grambling was DII from 1973-1977.
Bowden coached at Howard, a Small College school at the time for 31 of his wins.
Gagliardi started at Carroll College in Montana and replaced NFL HOF John Blood McNally at St Johns, and has won 460 games at St John's.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
To this whole argument, I offer a hearty "who really gives a fxxk?" An organization was complicit in the mass rape of children. I know it's not as fun or nostalgic but it seems to me that there are bigger, more serious matters to concern ourselves with than football records or a ridiculous statue.

Feel free to start a topic henfan, I'll give it a look. There are bigger, more serious matters to be sure but this one is in the public right now and talking about this and reading opinions doesn't keep anyone from thinking and discussing other topics I don't think.

BluBengal07
July 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM

yep, there are some big fish in lake but with this thread at 7 pages now, people want to talk about. what topic you want to talk about? did you started a thread on those bigger, more serious matters? thanks.

It'a all splitting hairs. Many of Robinson's wins did not even come against NCAA teams, Bowden had wins against naval air station teams, and Gagliardi was a Division III coach. The idea that the NCAA can merely waive away Paterno's last 13 years is as fanciful as telling LSU or Alabama they didn't play for the national title, once we learn which team was violating more rules in a couple of years, as is the timeline with SEC investigations.

just bringing out some numbers i've found. there's a lot of grey area all over this and college football in general. once it was found that it was a big money maker, it became a big business. you know how those run a lot of times.xwhistlex

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Feel free to start a topic henfan, I'll give it a look. There are bigger, more serious matters to be sure but this one is in the public right now and talking about this and reading opinions doesn't keep anyone from thinking and discussing other topics I don't think.

Yeah, I don't really have the ability or least bit of interest in limiting or chilling discussion on any topic, no matter how moronic I think it is. If I wanted to do that, I'd perform an important public service like becoming a sports message board moderator.;)

If folks want to argue and discuss FB wins in the context of horrific institutionalized rape of children, I'd suggest they're probably missing the point, much like you seem to do when I offered my opinion on the topic.

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
yep, there are some big fish in lake but with this thread at 7 pages now, people want to talk about. what topic you want to talk about? did you started a thread on those bigger, more serious matters?

No need to start a new thread; I addressed it here. Children were raped and PSU covered it up. In that very serious context, FB wins don't matter. The issue is bigger than FB. What part of that did you not understand or disagree with? You want to argue against that, then I'm willing to discuss.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I don't really have the ability or least bit of interest in limiting or chilling discussion on any topic, no matter how moronic I think it is. If I wanted to do that, I'd perform an important public service like becoming a sports message board moderator.;)

If folks want to argue and discuss FB wins in the context of horrific institutionalized rape of children, I'd suggest they're probably missing the point, much like you seem to do when I offered my opinion on the topic.

You seem irritated henfan, something eating at you? I don't believe I've ever tried to portray being a messageboard moderator as something important or special have I? That's you putting something out there on your own, not me.

Weren't you just griping the other day that not enough is being done to curtail things you object to around here? Seems like I can't win with you huh? I'll get over it.

I didn't demean you at all for your opinion. I just said if you have something else to divert away from things you dislike and raise the level of discussion (i.e. Football talk, etc.) then feel free to get some going and I'd join in with you.

Apparently you're not the kind of guy that likes to try and fix the problems he bitches about though. Good for you.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Since you and MPLS share a similarity and some sort of inadequacy over the term "Moderator" being part of the user profile you have when in the usergroup that allows certain functions on the board I changed it for you boys.

Hope you guys feel better.

It is my duty to make sure that all is comfortable for you.

BluBengal07
July 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
No need to start a new thread; I addressed it here. Children were raped and PSU covered it up. In that very serious context, FB wins don't matter. The issue is bigger than FB. What part of that did you not understand or disagree with? You want to argue against that, then I'm willing to discuss.

dude. we are very aware of the crazy seriousness of this development. come on, you know no one on here is sitting around supporting the actions of the coach(better not). this is just another very small segment of the whole ordeal that we're talking about. this particular thread is just not talking about what EVERYBODY is talking about at the moment. that's all.

but if you want to talk about it, get a discussion going.

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
but if you want to talk about it, get a discussion going.

Dude, I already did that, as evidenced by your response and my response to your response, etc. I merely stated that the entire discussion about all time coaching wins doesn't matter in larger context. I'm not limiting anyone's ability or right to discuss it. I think discussion of the topic completely misses the point but, hey, anyone is willing to have it if they want.

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
You seem irritated henfan, something eating at you?... Apparently you're not the kind of guy that likes to try and fix the problems he bitches about though. Good for you.xthumbsupx

Guess you missed the winking smiley face. Ah, well.

Now that you mention it, I suppose I am a little irritated that people would think FB wins have any relevance at all in the context of the crimes sanctioned by PSU. Silly me.

If you agree or disagee my comment, then why not join in and discuss that topic instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks and bloviating about your role on this message board. You've yet to offer one nugget of substance on the topic, however you have offered two posts deriding me for offering an opinion.

Alas, neither you nor I can fix the problem in this case. It seems that the NCAA has at least made an attempt.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Guess you missed the winking smiley face. Ah, well.

Now that you mention it, I suppose I am a little irritated that people would think FB wins have any relevance at all in the context of the crimes sanctioned by PSU.

If you agree or disagee, then why not join in and discuss that topic instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks and bloviating about your role on this message board. Let's hear your opinion.

Alas, neither you nor I can fix the problem in this case. It seems that the NCAA has at least made an attempt.

To be honest I did completely miss the winky...sorry man. I mean I saw it but figured you were dumping on me anyway.

I, like you, really don't care about the wins or losses and the records and all the other **** that goes along with it. Hell, I never even knew there was a statue to take down.

In coming from the same point of view I was just hoping you'd start a thread something more interesting so I could follow ya over there and doing something equally as pointless.xlolx

Panther88
July 23rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
I just hope no one comes in here posting w/ red hair on, black outfit w/ bullet-proof gear, and tear gas w/ arms strapped to both shoulders saying stupidity like "batman."

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NN!!!!! Calm down folx! xscaredx

henfan
July 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
In coming from the same point of view I was just hoping you'd start a thread something more interesting so I could follow ya over there and doing something equally as pointless.xlolx

ha!xthumbsupx