PDA

View Full Version : Big South Pick Em 2012

bjtheflamesfan
July 17th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Well its a few weeks before training camp but I thought Id start up the 2012 edition of the Big South Pick Em contest that I had so much fun doing last year.

Rules are pretty standard. you get all the games involving Big South teams for the week and then up to 4 FCS games and 1 FBS Game of the Week for 10 points (or however many games it takes to get to 10 points). Everyone also can choose 1 "upset special" (either FCS or FBS) each week for an additional 5 bonus points. For an upset special the teams must be separated by at least 5 positions in any ranking or the team you are picking must be an underdog of at least one touchdown to count for an upset special (For instance UNI over NDSU would not be accepted for the upset special bonus unless it met one or both of the requirements noted)

I will try to have the games for the week posted by 11 PM ET on Monday the week of the games with lock time being 12:59 PM on the Saturday of that week (if there are any Thursday games, that game will be locked but all other games will be available until 12:59 Saturday). Just like last year we will have standings for posters from Big South schools and for posters from non-Big South schools. I'll have the first week's games up in a few weeks but if youre in feel free to post and declare your Big South school if you have one

Big South Pick Em Week 1:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHJZb1Jycl8wTUlWb1ItN3BCRlc5V lE6MQ

bjtheflamesfan
July 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
bump

ASU_Fanatic
July 18th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Gardner Webb wins it all

bjtheflamesfan
August 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Thought Id give this another bump as we are inside a month til opening weekend. Hope to get a good turnout especially from the Big South fans on here

bjtheflamesfan
August 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
bump

any entries?

bjtheflamesfan
August 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
bump

any entries?

Also, if youve already made your picks post them up here along with the date and time you entered so I know how to score them

bjtheflamesfan
August 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
link updated

bjtheflamesfan
August 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Also, If you made your picks before August 6, I need you to post them here so I can make sure you get credited. Also, you cannot use a game that is one of the 10 listed as your upset special so for those of you who listed VMI or Holy Cross you have until Saturday to change that or it will NOT count

bjtheflamesfan
August 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Once again, if you made your picks before August 6, I need to know. If you did that, and you do not post your picks up here (or CS), they will not be scored.

bjtheflamesfan
August 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
bump. two days to go!