PDA

View Full Version : Should Nicholls State abandon ship

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
The Nicholls board is buzzing (with all 3 of their fans :D) with a rumored announcement from the President of the University. It appears they are facing very tough times, and are truly one of the have-nots of FCS

http://forums.delphiforums.com/nicholls/start

Do you think Nicholls State should drop athletics?

Personally, I think they should move down to D2...

McNeese75
July 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM
The Nicholls board is buzzing (with all 3 of their fans :D) with a rumored announcement from the President of the University. It appears they are facing very tough times, and are truly one of the have-nots of FCD

http://forums.delphiforums.com/nicholls/start

Do you think Nicholls State should drop athletics?

Personally, I think they should move down to D2...

xscanx Which is it????

FCD

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FCD may refer to:

FC Dinamo Bucureşti, a Romanian football club
FCV Dender EH, a Belgian football club
FC Dallas, a Major League soccer team
First Chief Directorate, KGB intelligence organ
Fleck corneal dystrophy, a rare noninflammatory, inherited, bilateral opacity of the cornea
Floating Car Data, a method to determine the traffic speed on a network of roads
Floating Cellular Data, same as Floating Car Data
Flow Chart Diagram, a type of chart, that represents an algorithm or process
Florida College Democrats

:D

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 02:15 PM
xscanx Which is it????

FCD

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FCD may refer to:

FC Dinamo Bucureşti, a Romanian football club
FCV Dender EH, a Belgian football club
FC Dallas, a Major League soccer team
First Chief Directorate, KGB intelligence organ
Fleck corneal dystrophy, a rare noninflammatory, inherited, bilateral opacity of the cornea
Floating Car Data, a method to determine the traffic speed on a network of roads
Floating Cellular Data, same as Floating Car Data
Flow Chart Diagram, a type of chart, that represents an algorithm or process
Florida College Democrats

:D

Oh..piss off...

BEAR
July 16th, 2012, 02:40 PM
xpopcornx

ElonFirefighter
July 16th, 2012, 02:46 PM
FCD??? Free Canadian Doobies????

Nickels
July 17th, 2012, 12:26 AM
FCD??? Free Canadian Doobies????

FREE DOOBS, WHERE!?!?!?

From what ive gathered, all of the Louisiana SLC schools have had their athletic budgets cut dramatically thanks to overall higher education budget cuts throughout the state. It looks like those programs will be struggling for a while, atleast until they get that idiot Jindal out of office...

tourguide
November 27th, 2012, 03:23 AM
So i see nicholls st is playing oregon st. Are they not eligible for playoffs or are they so bad they new they could never make the playoffs

frozennorth
November 27th, 2012, 04:04 AM
So i see nicholls st is playing oregon st. Are they not eligible for playoffs or are they so bad they new they could never make the playoffs
actually it was rescheduled on the conditional that neither of the teams be in the post season

tourguide
November 27th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Oops my bad

katstrapper
November 27th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Nicholls St has been playing multiple FBS schools for several years now looking for the paydays. They havent been very good in the SLC for many years now.

TheRevSFA
November 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Nicholls St has been playing multiple FBS schools for several years now looking for the paydays. They havent been very good in the SLC for many years now.

They won the Conference and made the tourney in 2007..so 5 seasons removed.

Given that Sam was 8 removed and SFA was 10 removed before winning the conference again, Nicholls might surprise us soon (but I seriously doubt it)

lionsrking2
November 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
They won the Conference and made the tourney in 2007..so 5 seasons removed.

Given that Sam was 8 removed and SFA was 10 removed before winning the conference again, Nicholls might surprise us soon (but I seriously doubt it)

For the record, Nicholls won the league and went to the playoffs in 2005 (also had a couple of playoff seasons prior to that in the mid 80's and 90's) ... they were highly competitive for most of the first decade of the 2000's ... state budget cuts and the firing Jay Thomas (getting away from the option) really set them back IMO. That said, I thought they had some decent players and competed their butts off against us, which they always do when we play.

TheRevSFA
November 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM
you're right..it was 2005..I remembered it was a few years ago.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 27th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I heard the Big East will be approaching Nicholls since Tulane needs a travel partner.

MplsBison
November 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Louisiana has way too many DI playing schools in the first place.

I'd force all but LSU and maybe Tech down to DII.

;)

PaladinFan
November 27th, 2012, 03:13 PM
For the record, Nicholls won the league and went to the playoffs in 2005 (also had a couple of playoff seasons prior to that in the mid 80's and 90's) ... they were highly competitive for most of the first decade of the 2000's ... state budget cuts and the firing Jay Thomas (getting away from the option) really set them back IMO. That said, I thought they had some decent players and competed their butts off against us, which they always do when we play.

I was impressed with them in 2005. They came to Greenville and gave Furman a game's worth. Remember it well because it was, I think, the third team in four weeks Furman had played that ran the option.

Then again, Furman also had a tight game against Hofstra around that time too. Perhaps that history isn't so pleasant.

BEAR
November 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Louisiana has way too many DI playing schools in the first place.

I'd force all but LSU and maybe Tech down to DII.

;)

Pittsburg State Gorillas vs. McNeese State Cowboys for the national title yearly....just doesn't sound right. xlolx