PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota St, exactly what is expected inviting PVAMU for gridiron battle?

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
In your honest and unbiased lol opinion.

There's a LOT of respect from this part of Texas for NDSU. It's my understanding that even your mascot is top-tier lol. xlolx

2nd game of the year for our Panthers following up on a local-tilt in Houston the w/e prior. There are a lot of unknowns on the squad, even w/ numerous returnees. The capability to play against an entity w/ the athletic magnitude, strength, and football moxy being OVERLY-well coached as an NDSU will hopefully pay dividends to our program as we continue our ascent towards consistent football success.

Lastly, how big is the check? lol :D

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM

There's a LOT of respect from this part of Texas for NDSU. It's my understanding that even your mascot is top-tier lol. xlolx

2nd game of the year for our Panthers following up on a local-tilt in Houston the w/e prior. There are a lot of unknowns on the squad, even w/ numerous returnees. The capability to play against an entity w/ the athletic magnitude, strength, and football moxy being OVERLY-well coached as an NDSU will hopefully pay dividends to our program as we continue our ascent towards consistent football success.

ascent? :D

Only kidding.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
ascent? :D

Only kidding.

:D Awwwww hell... good catch. lol Charge it to the heat reverent. :D

BTW, what did you do w/ the NDSU folx?

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
:D Awwwww hell... good catch. lol I was thinking "ascend" but the tejas heat caused me to hit "t" vs "d." Charge it to the heat reverent. :D

BTW, what did you do w/ the NDSU folx?

Drank with them.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Drank with them.

You are more than welcome to live vicariously through PVAMU when we play visitor to NDSU. Just sayin'. :D lol

RabidRabbit
July 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
It's always a good thing for the SWAC teams to get a measure of where they fit into the hierarchy called FCS.

NDSU has the resources, and the tailgating, to pack most of their games. As defending FCS champions, who lost very few players, they will be extremely difficult to beat in their house. Trust me, SDSU took 45 years to get a W in Fargo, and Jacks played the Bison every year.

Last SWAC team to play the Bison, MVSU, lost big time both meetings.

NDSU will beat you silly with their D, and pound it down your throat on O, until can demonstrate that you can stop them.

Enjoy the web broadcast, as it likely won't be on any free broadcast, and for the game, it will be a futile trip. If you do go, be certain to visit with them beforehand in the tailgating. Bison fans are passionate and knowledgeable about their drinking and football, and in that priority order.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
It's always a good thing for the SWAC teams to get a measure of where they fit into the hierarchy called FCS.

NDSU has the resources, and the tailgating, to pack most of their games. As defending FCS champions, who lost very few players, they will be extremely difficult to beat in their house. Trust me, SDSU took 45 years to get a W in Fargo, and Jacks played the Bison every year.

NDSU will beat you silly with their D, and pound it down your throat on O, until can demonstrate that you can stop them.

Enjoy the web broadcast, as it likely won't be on any free broadcast, and for the game, it will be a futile trip. If you do go, be certain to visit with them beforehand in the tailgating. Bison fans are passionate and knowledgeable about their drinking and football, and in that priority order.

Aw hell... we're in much bigger trouble than I anticipated. :D lol Dammit. They know football and drinking too? That's a "turrible" combination of knowledge. :(

NoDak 4 Ever
July 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Aw hell... we're in much bigger trouble than I anticipated. :D lol Dammit. They know football and drinking too? That's a "turrible" combination of knowledge. :(

Ask the Marriot Legacy Town Center in Plano. They didn't know what hit 'em.

Professor Chaos
July 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM

I believe our AD stated that it cost $200K to get PV A&M up to Fargo with no return trip. That is quite a bit more than he wanted to pay and I don't think that'll be an option most years but he really wanted 6 home games coming off a NC season and after they announced that almost every season ticket in the house was going up in price.

BisonFan02
July 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Ditto to what RabidRabbit said. If you (or anyone for that matter) makes the trip, be sure to stop by the tailgating well before the game on the west side of the Fargodome. We will make sure you don't go hungry/thirsty. Quite a few people on this board have made the trek and should be able to give you info that isn't biased :D

Regarding the "check", I believe it was around 200k, and I'm assuming we paid to transport/house you guys. Just a SWAG though.

Sammy94
July 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
honest and unbiased lol opinion.

66-0 Bison

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 02:07 PM
66-0 Bison

Now now, this isn't Sam vs Lamar...75-3 Bison.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I see the typical texas hate, which I've carefully cultivated and maintained as well lol, has risen its ugly head. :D

Thx for the tips NDSUers. I kinda' sorta' figured it was a 200K$ deal. That's really impressive for an FCSer to pony up that amount of $$$$. I'd always thought NDSU was an FBSer cloaked in FCS garb though. I'm sure D-I FBS is calling you guys.

BisonFan02
July 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Now now, this isn't Sam vs Lamar...75-3 Bison.

I'd take the 66-0 over 75-3....who said they were going to score? :D

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I see the typical texas hate, which I've carefully cultivated and maintained as well lol, has risen its ugly head. :D

Thx for the tips NDSUers. I kinda' sorta' figured it was a 200K$ deal. That's really impressive for an FCSer to pony up that amount of $$$$. I'd always thought NDSU was an FBSer cloaked in FCS garb though. I'm sure D-I FBS is calling you guys.

Well PVAM is better than Texas Southern. TSU is notorious for actually bailing out on home and home and road trip games.

Oh and I don't hate PV...out of the HBCUs in Texas, y'all are my favorite

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'd take the 66-0 over 75-3....who said they were going to score? :D

lol Hopefully we will score. This is a great litmus test to let us know exactly where we stand in the evolving young program.

Sammy94
July 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
At home, I don't think they will score. I mean I wasn't to impressed with the Bison offense (maybe because Sam had a pretty good defense also) but that defense was outstanding and I bet not much will change this season. This is PV we are talking about not Lamar. They play each other this year also and the PV game is one that Lamar is actually thinking they can win!!!

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 04:40 PM
At home, I don't think they will score. I mean I wasn't to impressed with the Bison offense (maybe because Sam had a pretty good defense also) but that defense was outstanding and I bet not much will change this season. This is PV we are talking about not Lamar. They play each other this year also and the PV game is one that Lamar is actually thinking they can win!!!

How errrrrrrrrr "bad" is Lamar, Sammy94? Give up the skinny! :D

Haven't had time to research them yet.

darell1976
July 16th, 2012, 05:36 PM
For Prairie View...be glad its not winter it will make losing not hurt so bad. I see 70-0. Its going to be an ugly game for PV and a big opportunity for NDSU to get their non-starters some game time.

344Johnson
July 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Prairie View should be expecting a real big butt whoopin in exchange for a check. Nothing more, nothing less.

katstrapper
July 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Good luck PVAMU... This could get ugly in Fargo.

AmsterBison
July 16th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I predict that there will be lots of talk about Stacy Robinson, a great man who attended both NDSU and Prairie View A&M and died way too young this year.

Other than that: Come for the tailgating, stay for the game.

Hammerhead
July 16th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Or the Eagle's Nest in Cheney Wa. for the 2011 playoffs.

Ask the Marriot Legacy Town Center in Plano. They didn't know what hit 'em.

Twentysix
July 16th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I hope anyone who travels enjoys Fargo. Its a great little city.

I doubt we score in the 60s or 70s. 56-7 is my prediction. Bohl will call off the dogs once we are up by 40+ and they will let PVAM walk in a touchdown at the end of the game.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I predict that there will be lots of talk about Stacy Robinson, a great man who attended both NDSU and Prairie View A&M and died way too young this year.

Other than that: Come for the tailgating, stay for the game.

Yes, sorry to have heard that about Stacy. :(

Otherwise, I'm beginning to believe that NDSU invited PVAMU up to be the recipient of an old fashioned a$$ whoopin'. Would that be correct? :D

NoDak 4 Ever
July 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, sorry to have heard that about Stacy. :(

Otherwise, I'm beginning to believe that NDSU invited PVAMU up to be the recipient of an old fashioned a$$ whoopin'. Would that be correct? :D

I hate to say it but it with the way the schedule shook out, PVAMU was much like the proverbial girl who was still solo at closing time.

DJKyR0
July 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM

That's kind of what everybody gets invited to Fargo for.

Panther88
July 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I hate to say it but it with the way the schedule shook out, PVAMU was much like the proverbial girl who was still solo at closing time.

That's kind of what everybody gets invited to Fargo for.

:D Oh my. :D Does your HC have a mercy rule? :D

344Johnson
July 16th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Depends if your defense can stop the 2nd and 3rd string guys from running the same basic run plays at the end. If the answer is no, then Bohl doesn't have a mercy rule.

BisonBacker
July 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM

He won't be passing the ball to pile on the points. But he will (as he should) allow the 2nd and 3rd stringers run the basic ground and pound offense. If they can't stop that then it could get ugly.

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
He won't be passing the ball to pile on the points. But he will (as he should) allow the 2nd and 3rd stringers run the basic ground and pound offense. If they can't stop that then it could get ugly.

Bohl will tell his defense if you get a pick or recover a fumble just down it, instead of running up the score.xlolx

BisonBacker
July 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Bohl will tell his defense if you get a pick or recover a fumble just down it, instead of running up the score.xlolx

Obviously not a thing the team up north has had an opportunity to even try to do since moving up xlolx

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Obviously not a thing the team up north has had an opportunity to even try to do since moving up xlolx

True..of course we haven't played the bottom feeders of the Northeast Conference either.:D

BisonBacker
July 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM
True..of course we haven't played the bottom feeders of the Northeast Conference either.:D

No you just lose to NAIA teams :D

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM
No you just lose to NAIA teams :D

Thats Defending NAIA Champion Sioux Falls xlolx. They probably were ranked higher than some FCS teams (Prairie View, Robert Morris).:D

BisonBacker
July 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thats Defending NAIA Champion Sioux Falls xlolx. They probably were ranked higher than some FCS teams (Prairie View, Robert Morris).:D

NAIA is NAIA but keep shooting those blanks xnodx

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
NAIA is NAIA but keep shooting those blanks xnodx

At least in 2013 there are ZERO NAIA teams on it...I just hope our OOC teams don't back out so we have to go that route. (Montana, South Dakota State and Valpo)

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
To anyone (especially Bison fans) will NDSU score more against Prairie View...or Robert Morris?

aces1180
July 17th, 2012, 10:16 AM
To anyone (especially Bison fans) will NDSU score more against Prairie View...or Robert Morris?

That's a good question.

The RMU game is a warm-up for FBS CSU, while the PVAM game is a warm-up for MVFC UNI.

I see our starters playing only the first half of each game, but I would think the offense would be a little more sharp after two games, so I will go with the PVAM matchup.

I just hope nobody gets hurt in either contest.

darell1976
July 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
That's a good question.

The RMU game is a warm-up for FBS CSU, while the PVAM game is a warm-up for MVFC UNI.

I see our starters playing only the first half of each game, but I would think the offense would be a little more sharp after two games, so I will go with the PVAM matchup.

I just hope nobody gets hurt in either contest.

Thats the only thing going against NDSU..preventing injuries. Because they don't have to worry about RMU or PV's defenses.

Panther88
July 17th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thats the only thing going against NDSU..preventing injuries. Because they don't have to worry about RMU or PV's defenses.

"Not so fast my friend!" - Lee "PV" Corso lol :D

I'll give a lil' bit of the skinny on PV's D, or lack thereof *smh*. Vulnerable vs the run the last umteen minus umteen years *smh*. Very undersized along the front 4. The LBing crew is the strength. I'll leave it at at that.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
"Not so fast my friend!" - Lee "PV" Corso lol :D

I'll give a lil' bit of the skinny on PV's D, or lack thereof *smh*. Vulnerable vs the run the last umteen minus umteen years *smh*. Very undersized along the front 4. The LBing crew is the strength. I'll leave it at at that.

Not good against Sam Ojuri and the "Rams"

Panther88
July 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Mercy rule, s'il vous plaites. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
July 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mercy rule, s'il vous plaites. :D

Bohl is concerned with wins, not points. That was the knock last year on NDSU and the "scoring average". All these teams were supposedly head and shoulders above because they scored so much. That's not NDSU's MO.

AggieManiac704
July 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
.....always good to see fan interaction online & in person

frozennorth
July 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM

just the bottom feeders of every other conference

frozennorth
July 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
i doubt ndsu puts up more than 50 on either team

Panther88
July 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Noble. ::thumbsup::

I'm w/ sportsmanship.

But, I'm also w/ competitivity @ its highest level so do what you feel you must do. It's up to the opposer to stop/cease it.

Twentysix
July 17th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Noble. ::thumbsup::

I'm w/ sportsmanship.

But, I'm also w/ competitivity @ its highest level so do what you feel you must do. It's up to the opposer to stop/cease it.

If NDSU wins every game by 1 point we are content.

NDSU will not deliberately run the score up on you.

We will score ~50. We could score 100.... We arent SFA.

Panther88
July 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
If NDSU wins every game by 1 point we are content.

NDSU will not deliberately run the score up on you.

We will score ~50. We could score 100.... We arent SFA.

*taking notes w/ pencil to paper*

So, it's the lumberjacks who have the big chip on their shoulder eh? :D

Twentysix
July 18th, 2012, 03:25 AM
*taking notes w/ pencil to paper*

So, it's the lumberjacks who have the big chip on their shoulder eh? :D

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312442617

You seriously dont remember that?

AmsterBison
July 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'll be kind of surprised if the game isn't close at half time.

Sammy94
July 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'd be shocked if it was close at halftime.

NDSUstudent
July 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'll be kind of surprised if the game isn't close at half time.

Fire Vigen?

BisonBacker
July 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fire Vigen?
Holy Crap a member/lurker for 5 years and you've finally busted your cherry. 1st post kudo's to you. xbowxxsmileyclapx

NDSUstudent
July 18th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Holy Crap a member/lurker for 5 years and you've finally busted your cherry. 1st post kudo's to you. xbowxxsmileyclapx

Had to wait for the right moment.

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Had to wait for the right moment.

You graduate yet?

NDSUstudent
July 18th, 2012, 02:16 PM
You graduate yet?

Yes in 2008. Sadly the name does not fit anymore.

Panther88
July 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312442617

You seriously dont remember that?

Interesting. Hopefully it was either the waterboys/watergirls or cherrleaders who scored the 2 TDs in the 4th quarter considering how much sfa scored already. *smh* Pitiful.

Twentysix
July 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Interesting. Hopefully it was either the waterboys/watergirls or cherrleaders who scored the 2 TDs in the 4th quarter considering how much sfa scored already. *smh* Pitiful.

They attempted 7 2 point conversions. And they threw for 500 yards.

bisonwest
July 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
As of late these early "tune up" games seem to follow a similar pattern. We struggle out of the gate offensively but usually have a 2-3 score lead at halftime. We destroy them in the 3rd and the backups are in most of the 4th. It is going to be very hard to score on us, and though our offensive output may not be stellar ( because we are going to run the most vanilla offense you will ever see) our O-line will impose it's will on their D-line which will result in a lot of yardage on the ground and in the end a pretty lopsided score.
48-7 Bison

3rd Coast Tiger
July 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Well PVAM is better than Texas Southern. TSU is notorious for actually bailing out on home and home and road trip games.

xconfusedx Notorious?

I'm sorry but you have me curious about this statement. Care to validate how you came to this conclusion?

Professor Chaos
July 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM
As of late these early "tune up" games seem to follow a similar pattern. We struggle out of the gate offensively but usually have a 2-3 score lead at halftime. We destroy them in the 3rd and the backups are in most of the 4th. It is going to be very hard to score on us, and though our offensive output may not be stellar ( because we are going to run the most vanilla offense you will ever see) our O-line will impose it's will on their D-line which will result in a lot of yardage on the ground and in the end a pretty lopsided score.
48-7 Bison
I agree with this. I could see the halftime score being something like 14-3 and the Bison offensive performance will be quite underwhelming before dominating out of the halftime gate. 35-3 at the end of the 3rd and 42-10 final.

Drblankstare
July 19th, 2012, 12:14 AM
The Bison D is very good, but they will give up points. As stated previously, tune up games have been a little shaky. I see the game ending up around 35-13 Bison.

Panther88
July 19th, 2012, 11:54 AM
They attempted 7 2 point conversions. And they threw for 500 yards.

"YOU LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

I refuse to believe it Twenty. Nope. Don't believe it. I haven't checked the stats from the game for self so I'm taking your word @ face value. I REFUSE to believe the sfa coaching staff would be so ignorantly unsportsmanlike. :|

Panther88
July 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
our O-line will impose it's will on their D-line which will result in a lot of yardage on the ground and in the end a pretty lopsided score.
48-7 Bison

I believe this. PV's D-Line is very undersized. There's one there who'll more than hold his own but the other 3 are undersized. Also, on the offensive side of the ball, our skill position players are very much on par w/ what's expected. The O-Line... well... 2 former all-confs were lost so 3 return and there are 2 w/ holes to be filled. One of the current projected O-Linemen weighs ~250lbs. Do the math for yourself. I know what NDSU returns defensively and you all are quite scarey and also possess that which makes some of us quite jealous. xreadx :(

TheRevSFA
July 19th, 2012, 12:03 PM

If you can't stop the third team offense...well...

Note - I didn't agree with it. I figured we should kneel 3 times and punt but I don't run the team.

Other side note - the team we beat 82-6 beat WAC member UTSA :D

TheRevSFA
July 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
"YOU LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

I refuse to believe it Twenty. Nope. Don't believe it. I haven't checked the stats from the game for self so I'm taking your word @ face value. I REFUSE to believe the sfa coaching staff would be so ignorantly unsportsmanlike. :|

They did..they swing the gate

Panther88
July 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM
If you can't stop the third team offense...well...

Note - I didn't agree with it. I figured we should kneel 3 times and punt but I don't run the team.

Other side note - the team we beat 82-6 beat WAC member UTSA :D

lol I shouldn't "lol" too much because that same team prolly would've throttled PVAMU last fall lol.

They did..they swing the gate

I won't throw too much cold water sfa's way there reverent due to my dna being represented on your campus in a # of capacities lol. ;) But still, the bullying approach won't get'er done.

BluBengal07
July 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
*First post! Long time reader.*

first off, it cracks me up this thread is getting this much play. we already know the outcome. however, the post below rubbed me the wrong way;

Justifying the creditworthy of the complete SWAC with taking the bottom feeders to go against the tops of FCS? the schools that are pull weight in the SWAC is Jackson State, Grambling, Southern and Alabama State(if they get their act straight). I'm growing into the FCS swing of things and learning how big the FCS is, strong thanks to this forum, but lets get some competitive teams going at it before pulling out the meter stick. that's all.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM
*First post! Long time reader.*

first off, it cracks me up this thread is getting this much play. we already know the outcome. however, the post below rubbed me the wrong way;

Justifying the creditworthy of the complete SWAC with taking the bottom feeders to go against the tops of FCS? the schools that are pull weight in the SWAC is Jackson State, Grambling, Southern and Alabama State(if they get their act straight). I'm growing into the FCS swing of things and learning how big the FCS is, strong thanks to this forum, but lets get some competitive teams going at it before pulling out the meter stick. that's all.

There's a perfect place to do that. It happens every year, right after the regular season.

TheRevSFA
July 19th, 2012, 01:45 PM
lol I shouldn't "lol" too much because that same team prolly would've throttled PVAMU last fall lol.

I won't throw too much cold water sfa's way there reverent due to my dna being represented on your campus in a # of capacities lol. ;) But still, the bullying approach won't get'er done.

I don't disagree with you. I wasn't a fan of it at all. A lot of the Lumberjack fans were not fans of it.

Pretty classless...I will agree with that.

BluBengal07
July 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
There's a perfect place to do that. It happens every year, right after the regular season.

was talking about these bonus games, but that's the best place. i don't have control of that aspect, but delivered my input to the powers that be though. however, i'm taking about statement/mindset at hand and not so much in general terms which are creditable. but hey, i'm just eagerly waiting at least camp to start like the next man.xthumbsupx

3rd Coast Tiger
July 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
xconfusedx Notorious?

I'm sorry but you have me curious about this statement. Care to validate how you came to this conclusion?

Hello?

TheRevSFA
July 19th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Hello?

I swear I read something on one of the boards about y'all bailing on return parts of the home and homes in order to schedule other home games, but I can't find it

Apologies. Texas Southern is a fine school

Twentysix
July 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I swear I read something on one of the boards about y'all bailing on return parts of the home and homes in order to schedule other home games, but I can't find it

If you can overlook the 'Texas' part. :p

Panther88
July 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
If you can overlook the 'Texas' part. :p

1 demerit for Twenty!!!! :D lol

JSUBison
July 19th, 2012, 10:06 PM
was talking about these bonus games, but that's the best place. i don't have control of that aspect, but delivered my input to the powers that be though. however, i'm taking about statement/mindset at hand and not so much in general terms which are creditable. but hey, i'm just eagerly waiting at least camp to start like the next man.xthumbsupx

I follow both NDSU and JSU. NDSU is my favorite though. It frustrates me to no end how the SWAC runs things, especially that ridiculous SCG. Or rather how the schools and their presidents want the SWAC to run things. Small time thinking yields small time results. Major95 said something today in the North Alabama thread at the swac board I liked: we don't make our teams available for the playoffs and we are an isolationist conference that has run from competition. I've experienced playoff frenzy first hand, and I know what JSU's fanbase, players, school and community is missing out on. I could go on and on but you get the idea. xtwocentsx

Texas Terror would probably know the details on that. Haven't seen him around here lately though.

TheRevSFA
July 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Texas Terror would probably know the details on that. Haven't seen him around here lately though.

Already dropped him a line

3rd Coast Tiger
July 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM

It was the Prairie View vs Sam Houston and Southern vs McNeese matchups.

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 08:44 AM
It was the Prairie View vs Sam Houston and Southern vs McNeese matchups.

If you're going to tell the truth, tell the whole truth, if you can. ::retarded smiley::

Hurricane Ike prevented the SHSU/PVU affair that was originally scheduled. It was to be a home-and-home deal. Due to the chaos after the hurricane, and since the schedule was "broken," from what I understand, the PV folx (coach---------- shall remain nameless) was given a better option for the following year to travel for a nice 275,000$ payday to whoop up on New Mex St Univ. I'm not sure why the talks broke down over the course of the year following Ike but they did and it was my impression some PV folks weren't too happy as apparently SHSU folks wanted to attempt to dictate what venue PV's home game was to be played @ lol (they wanted their players to play in Reliant but PV told them Berry Ctr; but..... THEY wanted RELIANT for THEIR players so they could use that as a recruiting draw lol). Naturally, temperment among men is quite short, so in short, PV folks told SHSU folks to either sue for breach of contract - which the contract was allegedly already breached since the 1st game never occurred, or go *F* themselves. Nothing occurred other than PV playing @ NMSU and I think the following year SHSU scheduled a D-II from upstate somewhere. Does it have anything to do w/ integrity? Possibly. But it was all legal. (cleared PV's attys) I think it had more to do w/ male temperment and attitudes other than legalities. Does Sam have a right to call PV a woos for outing the home-and-home (not rescheduling/re-contracting)? Possibly. But, I won't lie. It was FUN enjoying the view of PV whooping up on an FBS squad lol and it was enthusiastic thinking they paid the squad 275,000$ to come to their place and beat upon their team like that. xlolx It was solid $$$ in the bank whereas the home-and-home deal may not have produced those same type coffers for PV after SHSU wanted PV to front the 100,000$ upfront rental fee for Reliant, paying for security, paying for scoreboard ops, paying for promotion, paying for... paying for... paying for... JUST so their players could experience a big-time athletic venue. xretardx

We see how it all played out. xlolx Personally, would've loved to see Rhett go against our squad, along w/ that powerhouse fullback/RB Sam had @ that time.

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 08:49 AM
If you're going to tell the truth, tell the whole truth, if you can. ::retarded smiley::

Hurricane Ike prevented the SHSU/PVU affair that was originally scheduled. It was to be a home-and-home deal. Due to the chaos after the hurricane, and since the schedule was "broken," from what I understand, the PV folx (coach---------- shall remain nameless) was given a better option for the following year to travel for a nice 250,000$ payday to whoop up on New Mex St Univ. I'm not sure why the talks broke down over the course of the year following Ike but they did and it was my impression some PV folks weren't too happy as apparently SHSU folks wanted to attempt to dictate what venue PV's home game was to be played @ lol. Naturally, temperment among men is quite short, so in short, PV folks told SHSU folks to either sue for breach of contract - which the contract was allegedly already breached since the 1st game never occurred, or go *F* themselves.

We see how it all played out. xlolx Personally, would've loved to see Rhett go against our squad, along w/ that powerhouse fullback/RB Sam had @ that time.

That's it..I think I got my schools confused. Thanks Tiger and Panther for clearing that up.

PV A&M needs to play SFA. It'd probably be a pretty full stadium between the two

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 09:04 AM
That's it..I think I got my schools confused. Thanks Tiger and Panther for clearing that up.

PV A&M needs to play SFA. It'd probably be a pretty full stadium between the two

That's one of the matchups I would love to see. Nice, regional based w/ both fanbases. IMHO, the PERFECT PVAMU OOC schedule would start w/ either SHSU or SFA first. Follow that up w/ either of rice, would L-O-V-E to actually witness PVAMU vs aTm before I die xlolx, univ of houston, UNT-Denton, smu, baylor, tcu, or utep.... something along those lines. No disrespect to NDSU, but there are more than enough overly capable texas FBS/FCS schools for PVAMU to attempt to compete against and have MORE than a worthy battle, if not get throttled lol. Also, if an SFA vs PVAMU matchup were to occur, please include the "hurricane" clause. xlolx

Lastly, do note that PVAMU and sTu are N-O-T monolithic so please don't include us w/ those people in houston. :| We're not "one" and the same just because we're in the same conference. :|

3rd Coast Tiger
July 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM
OK....

In wake of the hurricane aftermath, since schedules were disrupted for multiple games for multiple programs, Texas Southern took a matchup with McNeese at a neutral site (Northwestern State).

However back to your original statement Panther; I just listed the matchups in question since no one (representative from the SWAC) took it upon themselves to mention such. But you knew that your alma mater was involved in that scenario that Texas Terror went on a tirade about already right?

All I did was simply list the schools involved in said comment. You know what, nevermind, let me get back to completing my company's 10-Q so my team and I won't be here past 2:00am Saturday morning.

Panther88
July 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM
OK....

In wake of the hurricane aftermath, since schedules were disrupted for multiple games for multiple programs, Texas Southern took a matchup with McNeese at a neutral site (Northwestern State).

However back to your original statement Panther; I just listed the matchups in question since no one (representative from the SWAC) took it upon themselves to mention such. But you knew that your alma mater was involved in that scenario that Texas Terror went on a tirade about already right?

All I did was simply list the schools involved in said comment. You know what, nevermind, let me get back to completing my company's 10-Q so my team and I won't be here past 2:00am Saturday morning.

Honestly, I totally forgot about the deal and actually thought it was you people who welched on Sam Houston, not PVAMU. Thanks though for helping me to recall every single instance of what occurred though.

Rev, it was indeed PVAMU vs SHSU that had the snafu. I'm not sure of what that school in houston did or does as I'm not @ alum of that place and could care the hell less what they do in harris county.

TheRevSFA
July 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM
OK....

Slacking a bit on getting that 10-q done, eh?

Kidding...I know you're on top of it

3rd Coast Tiger
July 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Slacking a bit on getting that 10-q done, eh?

Kidding...I know you're on top of it

CAO approved our run thru! Looking good so far! xsmileyclapx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
48-7 Bison

Bohl will not run up the score.

Good game for the 2nd and 3rd team players to get some game time experience.

40-50 ish to 7.

I expect PV to be like a Moorhead State in terms of talent.

bisonwest
July 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Bohl will not run up the score.

Good game for the 2nd and 3rd team players to get some game time experience.

40-50 ish to 7.

I expect PV to be like a Moorhead State in terms of talent.

Bohl could probably name the score but he isn't going to open up the playbook just to demolish a team in a tune up game. I think PVAMU is probably a little better than the vaunted Dragons.