PDA

View Full Version : Nooga.com Switching to spread made sense for the Mocs

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 07:05 AM
part 1

http://nooga.com/156251/switching-to-spread-offense-made-sense-for-mocs/

part 2

http://nooga.com/156255/new-pro-spread-will-let-mocs-playmakers-go-to-work/

When Chattanooga set out to design a spread offense to fit their personnel, who did they model it after? Oregon, West Virginia....NIU?

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
part 1

part 2

When Chattanooga set out to design a spread offense to fit their personnel, who did they model it after? Oregon, West Virginia....NIU?

After all the crap you talked about the App/GaSo offenses!? You have even less continuity than you have credibility. ***

The Eagle's Cliff
July 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cool! We now have just two offensive schemes to prepare for in the SoCon. It was better when Wofford and El Cid weren't running "our" offense, but oh well.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
After all the crap you talked about the App/GaSo offenses!? You have even less continuity than you have credibility. ***

Georgia Southern runs an outdated offense and they will not win a national championship with it. Appalachian State's scheme is good they just don't have the same talent they used to have. I did make fun of you for calling Satterfield the chess master. That was pretty retarded on your part. But let's pretend for a minute I did say everything but a traditionalpro style sucks. I am not Marcus Satterfield idiot. I didnt pick tje offense you jackass.

CID1990
July 16th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cool! We now have just two offensive schemes to prepare for in the SoCon. It was better when Wofford and El Cid weren't running "our" offense, but oh well.

"Your" offense was "our" offense long before GSU had a football team, but you have certainly had more success with it.

CID1990
July 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM
part 1

part 2

Love your confidence in your team's first year running a new offense. Historically speaking things do not go well when teams do that.

For example:

The Citadel 10
Arkansas 3

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 09:43 AM
But let's pretend for a minute I did say everything but a traditionalpro style sucks. I am not Marcus Satterfield idiot. I didnt pick tje offense you jackass.

No, but you're embracing it as a good scheme now that Chatty is thinking about running it after 2 years of bashing not just App's version, but the spread offense in general. Foot in mouth yet again.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
No, but you're embracing it as a good scheme now that Chatty is thinking about running it after 2 years of bashing not just App's version, but the spread offense in general. Foot in mouth yet again.

I would love for you to pull up this post in which i bashed the spread offense in general.

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I would love for you to pull up this post in which i bashed the spread offense in general.

I don't have the time to wade through 1,791 posts of utter crap to find something I distinctly remember reading several times.

Congrats for finally getting a few comments on one of your countless "UTC does Something" threads that no body usually even bothers to read. I feel like I should be negative repped just for stopping here.

cannonballgsu
July 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Georgia Southern runs an outdated offense and they will not win a national championship with it. Appalachian State's scheme is good they just don't have the same talent they used to have. I did make fun of you for calling Satterfield the chess master. That was pretty retarded on your part. But let's pretend for a minute I did say everything but a traditionalpro style sucks. I am not Marcus Satterfield idiot. I didnt pick tje offense you jackass.

It beat UTC.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I don't have the time to wade through 1,791 posts of utter crap to find something I distinctly remember reading several times.

Congrats for finally getting a few comments on one of your countless "UTC does Something" threads that no body usually even bothers to read. I feel like I should be negative repped just for stopping here.

That's what I thought dip****. Keep tryong though.

Skjellyfetti
July 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Are Marcus Satterfield and Scott Satterfield related?

GlassOnion
July 16th, 2012, 10:29 AM
It beat UTC.

Yeah, but so did the majority of their entire schedule, not a good measuring stick. The 3op obviously sucks....

344Johnson
July 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM

I was going to negrep you. but i must spread rep.

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Wait, Chattanooga recruited athletes who didn't fit their previous offense? I thought the coaching staff at Chatty was competent? How did they let it happen that their players didn't fit their previous scheme????

CID1990
July 16th, 2012, 11:00 AM

When the season is in full swing people are going to be too busy pulling up the posts where you claim UTC's superiority.

BisonBacker
July 16th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Got ya covered LOL. No worries I'll give ya reppies in another thread to offset it. Just couldn't resist LOL

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I feel like I should be negative repped just for stopping here.

Got ya covered LOL. No worries I'll give ya reppies in another thread to offset it. Just couldn't resist LOL

Hey you stopped here too so WHAM! Mutual negative reps.

*EDIT* I'm so used to giving good reps, I clicked on approve. Damn you. You just got another positive rep. I am incapable of negative repping people....

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Wait, Chattanooga recruited athletes who didn't fit their previous offense? I thought the coaching staff at Chatty was competent? How did they let it happen that their players didn't fit their previous scheme????

Here is an idea...Read the article!!

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Here is an idea...Read the article!!

I'd rather watch you employ pretzelian logic as you try to explain the situation whilst dancing around your earlier posts about Chatty's superiority in every phase of the game....

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'd rather watch you employ pretzelian logic as you try to explain the situation whilst dancing around your earlier posts about Chatty's superiority in every phase of the game....

I'm not trying to explain anything. Read the article, its explains "the situation" in great detail. You are attempting to troll the thread with lame attempts. You seem to be in the mold of your friend AppHole so I will tell you as I told him. Try harder.

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM

Chatty runs a prostyle offense, therefore, the prostyle offense is superior to the spread that Appalachian runs.

Chatty is switching to the spread, therefore, the spread that Chatty runs is superior to the spread that Appalachian runs.

Try to keep up

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm not trying to explain anything. Read the article, its explains "the situation" in great detail. You are attempting to troll the thread with lame attempts. You seem to be in the mold of your friend AppHole so I will tell you as I told him. Try harder.

The entire thread is a lame attempt at trolling....

If you're so interested in fostering debate and dialogue, why don't you post about a more relevant topic?

Seriously, who the **** cares about Chattanooga????

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
If people aren't trolling chattown on one of his "threads," said thread get's 0 responses.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Chatty runs a prostyle offense, therefore, the prostyle offense is superior to the spread that Appalachian runs.

Chatty is switching to the spread, therefore, the spread that Chatty runs is superior to the spread that Appalachian runs.

Try to keep up

Another piss poor effort generated out of thin air. Could you at least use something that is based on reality in your troll attemps?

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM

If you're so interested in fostering debate and dialogue, why don't you post about a more relevant topic?

No this is a football board and this is a football thread. IMO your constant attempts to raise.a.few morw dollars for causes that raise.10s if not 100s of millions of dollars a year is trolling. If nothing else it shows just how brainleaa or desperate for praise or recognition you really are.

TheRevSFA
July 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
No this is a football board and this is a football thread. IMO your constant attempts to raise.a.few morw dollars for causes that raise.10s if not 100s of millions of dollars a year is trolling. If nothing else it shows just how brainleaa or desperate for praise or recognition you really are.

Wow. That actually equates into the most pathetic post you have ever put on here.

Congrats.

Apphole
July 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM

He's reaching for testicles in the fight and you can tell by the typos that he's slapping the keyboard pretty hard...

xpopcornx

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM

Or....it could be that I've lost some folks close to me to cancer and I simply think it's a worthy cause to get involved in.

And, for once, Captain Obvious, you're correct. There are hundreds of millions of dollars raised every year for the war on cancer. Even with that, there's a need for more...

If you don't agree, don't donate. It's a pretty simple concept ;)

But, I digress...let's hear more of your opinions....I don't mind if you talk about me. It keeps you from wasting copious amounts of bandwidth trying to polish that clump of feces known as Moc football ;)

yorkcountyUNHfan
July 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM
part 1

part 2

Tell me more about this Oregon offense

The Eagle's Cliff
July 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
"Your" offense was "our" offense long before GSU had a football team, but you have certainly had more success with it.

The wishbone option has, of course, been around for ages and the "Hambone" is a variation of that basic scheme in an I formation by Ben Griffith. I refer to it as "our" offense because Paul Johnson made the double-wing the basic formation when he became offensive coordinator after Griffith left. What you see now at Navy, Tech, GSU, Wofford, and The Citadel starts with Paul Johnson's branch. Southern Utah was also running it when C. Ray Gregory was their coach and many high schools and colleges come to Option U camps annually to learn it.

In spite of what some may think, the offense is much more complex than it appears which is one reason why Jaybo Shaw was a Godsend the last two years.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Tell me more about this Oregon offense

It's the offense that Oregon runs. We know that Chip Kelly was at UNH before he went to Oregon. I highly doubt that Chattanooga would go to New Hampshire to learn Chip Kelly's offense if that is what they wanted to run.

chattownmocs
July 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Or....it could be that I've lost some folks close to me to cancer and I simply think it's a worthy cause to get involved in.

And, for once, Captain Obvious, you're correct. There are hundreds of millions of dollars raised every year for the war on cancer. Even with that, there's a need for more...

If you don't agree, don't donate. It's a pretty simple concept ;)

But, I digress...let's hear more of your opinions....I don't mind if you talk about me. It keeps you from wasting copious amounts of bandwidth trying to polish that clump of feces known as Moc football ;)

What a novel concept, if you aren't interested in Chattanooga football than don't post.

BisonBacker
July 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Apphole again.

LOL now that's damned funny. No worries I'll rep ya with a green chiklet at some point!!!

asumike83
July 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Changing to the spread probably is the best idea long-term due to the personnel they have. However, it could have an adverse on the offense in the short-term. The first year running a new scheme can be tough. Appalachian found that out when switching to the spread in 2004.

mocman1990
July 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM

And yet you are reading and responding to this thread. As per usual, Chattown starts a thread and you guys all line up like sheep to keep it going. Brilliant!

mocman1990
July 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Changing to the spread probably is the best idea long-term due to the personnel they have. However, it could have an adverse on the offense in the short-term. The first year running a new scheme can be tough. Appalachian found that out when switching to the spread in 2004.

Fortunately, they got a head start on it last year when Coleman got injured (the 2nd team, led by Robinson, had been practicing it pretty frequently last season to begin with, then they got a big helping of it when the injury occured). I agree, it will still be an adjustment, but it won't be quite as bad as a typical change in offense since it has been the plan since Robinson came to campus 2+ years ago (and further solidified when the got the younger Huesman last year, who is close to a clone of Robinson)

FormerPokeCenter
July 16th, 2012, 01:54 PM
What a novel concept, if you aren't interested in Chattanooga football than don't post.

You can't really equate your ad hominem post and my posts about your homerism for all things Moc related...

Your Moc trolling begged a response ;)

CID1990
July 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
No this is a football board and this is a football thread.

Well then why the heck are you posting about Chattanooga?

ASUMountaineer
July 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
part 1

part 2

Switching to the spread, eh? Welcome to 2006!