PDA

View Full Version : Nova RB Suspended

HailSzczur
July 13th, 2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/162281446.html

Abdur Rahman suspended for an off campus incident in April. He was suspended for both summer sessions. He will redshirt this season and keep his 3 remaining years of eligibility.

It will be interesting to hear what happened, this sounds a little similar to the suspension JayVaughn Pinkston had the 2 years ago for basketball. He wasn't able to enroll in school or practice with the team, Abdur Rahman will still be allowed to do that.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 13th, 2012, 11:18 AM
He's a great talent so his loss this year will definitely be felt. In the long run this might help VU since the Cats are still a year away.

RichH2
July 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hope he learns.

Fordham
July 13th, 2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/162281446.html

Abdur Rahman suspended for an off campus incident in April. He was suspended for both summer sessions. He will redshirt this season and keep his 3 remaining years of eligibility.

It will be interesting to hear what happened, this sounds a little similar to the suspension JayVaughn Pinkston had the 2 years ago for basketball. He wasn't able to enroll in school or practice with the team, Abdur Rahman will still be allowed to do that.

How are you guys going to be this year, Hail? We get you in week 2 so I'm wondering how much of a favorite you'll be.

HailSzczur
July 13th, 2012, 09:41 PM
How are you guys going to be this year, Hail? We get you in week 2 so I'm wondering how much of a favorite you'll be.

We won't really know until we play you guys honestly. Last year was as big a rebuilding year you'll ever see, so the pieces are still young and meshing.

The D will be good. They were solid last year and were as good against the passing game as I've seen in a while. We have tons of great LB's and some good guys up front. Our only loss was 1st All CAA Defensive Back James Pitts.

The offense has really great potential. We finally figured out the QB situation at the end of last season and Soph. Polony has been taking all the starters reps this summer. The WR core will be great as long as Polony can get the ball to them. Norman White was pre-season All American last year and was on the Payton Watch list until he broke his foot and redshirted. Most of the rest of the WR's are Jr or Sr, and we add the depth of the Fresh Kevin Guylas who holds almost every major PA receiving record. RB's are young, but looked good down the stretch last year. The issue is the OL. Our All CAA center is out for the season, and veteran Ekweozor decided not to return to the team after rehabing a knee injury last season. If we can survive with a poor OL it will be a good year, if not it will cripple us.

All in all, I think we will see a good game, my early prediction is Cats by 10. But we won't know much about the team by playing Temple week 1.

As far as Abdur-Rahman goes......he was supposed to be the lead threat in a crowded, young, Wildcat backfield. The load is going to fall now on Austin Medley (SO), Kevin Monangai (SO), as well as a Freshmen converted QB, whose name escapes me, who is been taking reps in the Wildcat offense. In one respect a less crowded backfield will help with reps and consistency. Our offense is moving away from the rushing based offense that took us to Chattanooga. It was tough enough then splitting rushes between 2 great RBs, Matt Szczur, and QB Chris Whitney. 4 guys in the backfield would have been crowded this year. I just wish his talent wasn't the one we were giving up. At least he is redshirting though

Ivytalk
July 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Well, you'll have Penn in your win column as usual!;)

Sam
July 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I hear another player was dismissed Marc mauro what happen with him? Drug related is the rumor?