PDA

View Full Version : Updated list of Georgia Southern Transfers

Eagle_77
June 27th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Here is an updated list from the official roster of transfers to Georgia Southern to help with the transistion of the new offense and new coaching. There are 13 in all with 7 being from BCS conference teams.

#2 Brandon Jackson - DB - So, 6-0, 185 (Central Michigan)
#6 Lamar Lewis - RB - Jr, 5-9, 200 (Florida State)
#10 Dewayne Grace - DB - So, 6-0, 190 (Florida)
#12 Chris Rogers - QB - Fr, 6-1, 200 (Georgia) (baseball)
#14 Travis Clark - QB - So, 6-1, 215 (Southern Mississippi)
#18 Mike McIntosh - WR - So, 6-0, 190 (Florida)
#45 Tavares Kearney - LB - Fr, 6-1, 215 (Georgia)
#65 Dio Herrera - OL - So, 6-3, 309 (Mississippi St.)
#75 Brad Williams - OL - Jr, 6-5, 290 (Central Florida)
#78 Jamarcus Johnson - OL - Jr, 6-5, 285 (Clark Atlanta)
#80 Irving Campbell - WR - Jr, 6-0, 180 (Michigan State)
#92 Branden Daniel - DL - So, 6-3, 301 (Florida)
#98 David Roberts - DL, Sr, 6-2, 275 (Lane College)

Baldy
June 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Just to set the record straight, Roberts transferred last season. He had to sit our a year because he transferred up from a DII.

Umass74
June 28th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Here is an updated list from the official roster of transfers to Georgia Southern to help with the transistion of the new offense and new coaching. There are 13 in all with 7 being from BCS conference teams.

How many players left the team?

OL FU
June 28th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Any ideas on which transfers will start? I would imagine they would all see some playing time.

ButlerGSU
June 28th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Any ideas on which transfers will start? I would imagine they would all see some playing time.

BVG said no one has a starting position yet. Everyone will fight for a spot up to the first game.

OL FU
June 28th, 2006, 08:38 AM
BVG said no one has a starting position yet. Everyone will fight for a spot up to the first game.

That is what the coach is suppose to say. What are the fans thoughts and guesses, rumors, stuff like that. What do you think?

Gort
June 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Amazing that none of the 'transfer' critics have blasted GSU in the same manner that they earlier criticized other prominent I-AA programs for their acceptance of 'transfers'. Is it that those critics finally understand that transfers are a part of I-AA football or is it just a double standard???

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Just to set the record straight, Roberts transferred last season. He had to sit our a year because he transferred up from a DII.

Correct he transferred last year but being that this is his first year as being eligible I guess they added him on the list.

dbackjon
June 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM
GSU - the new Transfer U.

Happy, Gort?

SunCoastBlueHen
June 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Amazing that none of the 'transfer' critics have blasted GSU in the same manner that they earlier criticized other prominent I-AA programs for their acceptance of 'transfers'. Is it that those critics finally understand that transfers are a part of I-AA football or is it just a double standard???

I think GSU is getting a "free pass" on the transfer thing because they have a new coach with a new system requiring different personnel. The same way UD should not have been criticized in 2002. If the transfer trend continues into the future (and I doubt that it will), then they will be fair game for the critics.

OL FU
June 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM

Most people realize that transfers are not a way to build a program. To provide immediate help or to take advantage of rare opportunities, yes, but not for building a football program. I think most are willing to give GSU the benefit of the doubt with the knowledge that the Eagles have little choice changing offenses and remaining competitive.

OL FU
June 28th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I think GSU is getting a "free pass" on the transfer thing because they have a new coach with a new system requiring different personnel. The same way UD should not have been criticized in 2002. If the transfer trend continues into the future (and I doubt that it will), then they will be fair game for the critics.

We agree. must have been that Gville weather you were exposed to for a few years:smiley_wi

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM
That is what the coach is suppose to say. What are the fans thoughts and guesses, rumors, stuff like that. What do you think?

Its hard to say honestly because most of these guys came in after spring but I think there are a few that a most likely going to start.

Brandon Jackson CB- He was here for spring and is already 1st on the depth chart at one of the CB positions.

Travis Clarke QB- I believe since Griffin was lost for grades this year most Eagle fans that I speak with feel that he has the inside track to the starters roll. He is currently on the depth chart at 2nd team but I believe that is because Stanford was here for the spring and they want a since of Clarke trying to earn the postion.

Tavres Kearney LB- This guy is a beast and should make a great addition to our LB core and John Mohring and Jason Earwood. Personally got to see him play when he started against us as a freshman when we played UGA two years ago. He missed last year because of an injury but is reported as being back to his normal self.

There are several others here that could earn a spot. We have three OL transfers so at least one of these will most likely find a position. Branden Daniel might work his way onto the DL but Im not sure exactly how yet. He is a big kid at 6-3 301 so he is DT no doubt. We already have SO Jerry Baker at one of the DT positions and he is 6-4 295 and SO Matt Wise who is smaller at 6-3 252. Wise was a beast last year and one of the high points of our DL as a freshman. They may move Wise to DE or something but I really cant see him moving out of a starters roll. I may be wrong.

With the two additions to the WR core one of these guys may make it into the starters roll. I know it sounds odd but we are already pretty deep at the WR spot with Teddy Craft, Jason Foster, Reggie McCutchen and Tim Camp. McIntosh could earn the second wide out roll because Foster is a Slot WR. We will be stacked at this position no doubt. I already felt great about our WR core and felt that it was one of the best in the SoCo before the additons.

eaglessoar20021
June 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Is there any truth about Eric Williams from Ga Tech transfering to GSU.He played his highschool ball with Z.Stanford at Metter.His is listed as a 6-3 210 LB.

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 10:08 AM

I believe you are exactly right. New coach, new system, new philosophies all play a big part of this. Not to mention the loss of some key players because of grades. Under Sewak we had several grade and discipline problems that have to be corrected now that VanGorder is here. From day one VanGorder has said that he does not want to and will not build our program with transfers but to expect a good many this year to help with the new system and in correcting problems.

I do believe however that unlike in the past we will be more open to transfers. With our past system we rarely took a transfer and it was normally a defensive guy if we did. I think we will become like the other I-AA powers and have the normal 1-2 a year. I do not expect to see another year of transfers like this one in the future. And if we do then bring on the critics because I will be sitting right there with them complaining.

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Is there any truth about Eric Williams from Ga Tech transfering to GSU.He played his highschool ball with Z.Stanford at Metter.His is listed as a 6-3 210 LB.

From what I have been hearing he is going to transfer to GSU but will not play football. If I hear any different I will let you know.

OL FU
June 28th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Its hard to say honestly because most of these guys came in after spring but I think there are a few that a most likely going to start.

Brandon Jackson CB- He was here for spring and is already 1st on the depth chart at one of the CB positions.

Travis Clarke QB- I believe since Griffin was lost for grades this year most Eagle fans that I speak with feel that he has the inside track to the starters roll. He is currently on the depth chart at 2nd team but I believe that is because Stanford was here for the spring and they want a since of Clarke trying to earn the postion.

Tavres Kearney LB- This guy is a beast and should make a great addition to our LB core and John Mohring and Jason Earwood. Personally got to see him play when he started against us as a freshman when we played UGA two years ago. He missed last year because of an injury but is reported as being back to his normal self.

There are several others here that could earn a spot. We have three OL transfers so at least one of these will most likely find a position. Branden Daniel might work his way onto the DL but Im not sure exactly how yet. He is a big kid at 6-3 301 so he is DT no doubt. We already have SO Jerry Baker at one of the DT positions and he is 6-4 295 and SO Matt Wise who is smaller at 6-3 252. Wise was a beast last year and one of the high points of our DL as a freshman. They may move Wise to DE or something but I really cant see him moving out of a starters roll. I may be wrong.

With the two additions to the WR core one of these guys may make it into the starters roll. I know it sounds odd but we are already pretty deep at the WR spot with Teddy Craft, Jason Foster, Reggie McCutchen and Tim Camp. McIntosh could earn the second wide out roll because Foster is a Slot WR. We will be stacked at this position no doubt. I already felt great about our WR core and felt that it was one of the best in the SoCo before the additons.

Thank you

winstoneagle
June 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM

FYI, Kearney did not play against us in 04. He was a true Freshman last year.

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Thank you

No problem I hope it helps. Sorry I couldnt give you more but until camp starts it will be hard to tell. A lot of these guys look great on paper.

I didnt mention Dawayne Grace CB from UF above but Rivals had has him as a 4 star athlete and being the #13 best DB coming out of HS. Team him with transfer Jackson and SoCon freshman of the year last year Dedrick Bynam and our secondary is starting to come together.

Here is some of the other rankings accordig to Rivals.

Name/#stars/Ranking our of HS/Position
Dawayne Grace 4 stars rank #13 DB
Mike McIntosh 4 Stars rank # 12 WR
Brandon Daniel 3 stars rank # 16 DL
Lamar lewis 3 strars rank #24 RB
Travis Clark 3 Stars rank #30 QB
Tavares Kearney 3 Stars rank #38 LB
Brandon Jackson 2 stars N/R DB
Dio Herrera 2 stars N/R OL
Brad Williams 2 stars N/R OL
Irving Campbell 2 stars N/R WR

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 11:57 AM
FYI, Kearney did not play against us in 04. He was a true Freshman last year.

I thought he was the guy filling in for the suspened UGA LB but after looking it up you are correct. Ok so I didnt see him play I only thought I did.

eaglessoar20021
June 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
The ones on the list have they all enrolled.

bryan92
June 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM
If they are on the roster, they are in school.

Eagle_77
June 28th, 2006, 01:24 PM
If they are on the roster, they are in school.

Correct the are all on the Geargia Southern websites roster meaning they are enrolled in school.

ButlerGSU
June 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Most people realize that transfers are not a way to build a program. To provide immediate help or to take advantage of rare opportunities, yes, but not for building a football program. I think most are willing to give GSU the benefit of the doubt with the knowledge that the Eagles have little choice changing offenses and remaining competitive.

Exactly, with the number of changes BVG is putting into place this season transfers were needed. I would not expect the trend to continue.

bosshogg
June 28th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Exactly, with the number of changes BVG is putting into place this season transfers were needed. I would not expect the trend to continue.

correct...the new coach came in and is putting in a whole new system....the current players were all recruited to run another system..most coaches will bring in a few transfers who are more familiar with the new system..I don't think its anything strange, but i doubt he takes near as many transferes from this point on

PCbluehose
June 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I thought he was the guy filling in for the suspened UGA LB but after looking it up you are correct. Ok so I didnt see him play I only thought I did.

Kerney never played a down for UGA. He went to summer school at UGA and was caught cheating via camera phone. It later turned out that he never used the phone and the cheating offense was dropped.

I went to high school with the kid and know him pretty well. I talked to him the other day and he is NOT going to southern to play ball. He is going to stay at UGA and play there.

Kill'em
June 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I have been one of the biggest critics of schools building their programs out of I-A transfers. I do not like what has happened here however, the days of small, fast players at Georgia Southern are over. BVG wants big and tall players and since we have few, he needed to bring some in to fit his style of play. I think what he wants to accomplish is to eventually recruit these types of players out of high school and this is nothing more than "planting a seed." Coach feels this area (Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama) is loaded with talent and we've missed out all these years.

GaSouthern
June 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Kerney never played a down for UGA. He went to summer school at UGA and was caught cheating via camera phone. It later turned out that he never used the phone and the cheating offense was dropped.

I went to high school with the kid and know him pretty well. I talked to him the other day and he is NOT going to southern to play ball. He is going to stay at UGA and play there.
:thumbsup:
Wrong

Kill'em
June 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
While these players can help, it can really screw up team chemistry if they don't play well together or if any have that "I came from a I-A school and I'm better than you" attitude. Brandon Jackson already made fans angry during the spring game when he intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown. He started to celebrate before he reached the endzone and then he pointed himself out to the crowd in that "look at me" style. :nonono2: For those who know Georgia Southern this is NOT acceptable! :nono: Needless to say, he was met at the sideline and I think he was informed this is NOT how it is done at "The Tradition."

seantaylor
June 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Nice try rook. He is already enrolled in summer classes.

seantaylor
June 28th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Our wideouts are going to be sick. I can't imagine any secondary that will be able to keep up with Craft, McCutcheon, Foster and McIntosh. Sounds weird to say, but our ground game is our primary concern going into the season.

GaSouthern
June 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
very true, we lack a 100% conventional RB

Baldy
June 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM

I guess there musta been two Tavares Kerneys from Tucker on UGAy's roster. :rolleyes:

BEAR
June 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM

#2 Brandon Jackson - DB - So, 6-0, 185 (Central Michigan)
#6 Lamar Lewis - RB - Jr, 5-9, 200 (Florida State)
#10 Dewayne Grace - DB - So, 6-0, 190 (Florida)
#12 Chris Rogers - QB - Fr, 6-1, 200 (Georgia) (baseball)
#14 Travis Clark - QB - So, 6-1, 215 (Southern Mississippi)
#18 Mike McIntosh - WR - So, 6-0, 190 (Florida)
#45 Tavares Kearney - LB - Fr, 6-1, 215 (Georgia)
#65 Dio Herrera - OL - So, 6-3, 309 (Mississippi St.)
#75 Brad Williams - OL - Jr, 6-5, 290 (Central Florida)
#78 Jamarcus Johnson - OL - Jr, 6-5, 285 (Clark Atlanta)
#80 Irving Campbell - WR - Jr, 6-0, 180 (Michigan State)
#92 Branden Daniel - DL - So, 6-3, 301 (Florida)
#98 David Roberts - DL, Sr, 6-2, 275 (Lane College)

D1-A transfers.....oh man, can't wait til the end of the season to face you guys....:bang:
After a long road trip year I can imagine your second string will have a little play time with us...xcoffeex
Can't wait to be at the game..any places to eat and stay?

...oh yeah..we got one D1 transfer from vanderbilt..:hurray: :bang:

bryan92
June 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM

He lied to you.

gsuwinsudont
June 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM
very true, we lack a 100% conventional RB

Id have to say Lamar Lewis is about as conventional as they come.

eaglessoar20021
June 29th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I've found info on all but three of the transferes.Does anyone have any info on Chris Rogers , Jamarcum Johnson or David Roberts.

GSUhooligan
June 29th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Hey blue hoe, I don't think ya'll are as tight as you think you are... http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/0629bailey.html

ErkPeterson
June 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Our wideouts are going to be sick. I can't imagine any secondary that will be able to keep up with Craft, McCutcheon, Foster and McIntosh. Sounds weird to say, but our ground game is our primary concern going into the season.

I'm excited too but what worries me is how the the O-line comes together under the hew system. Even if (whoever starts @ QB) turns out to be a playmaker... it doesn't mean squat if the O-line is not playing together. The same goes for the RBs. I'm not as worried about the D as I was. I think BVG will have them SALTY and mean.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/JTurner.jpg

GaSouthern
June 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Id have to say Lamar Lewis is about as conventional as they come.

Crap, your exactly right :hurray:

GaSouthern
June 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM
D1-A transfers.....oh man, can't wait til the end of the season to face you guys....:bang:
After a long road trip year I can imagine your second string will have a little play time with us...xcoffeex

I sent you a PM about coming to Paulson / Statesboro.

Laserlips
June 29th, 2006, 04:06 PM

Gort: "Baratta Nicto" dude.. (Didn't that mean go to sleep or something?)

I don't have a problem with any fan from any school razzing us about taking so many transfers. In the past GSU had the reputation for not doing so, but because of the present circumstances we had to accept transfers or plan on getting our butts whipped bigtime for several years until the convential way of recruiting started paying off.

At GSU losing is frowned on just a bit, so BVG, IMO, was smart and went out and got all of the quality transfers he could find, and quickly. GSU will still be a BIG question mark as to quality in the new season to come, but I think we have a pretty good chance to be competitive.

You can't change all of the coaching staff, the entire offensive scheme, lose scholarships due to poor academics and not need help, big time.

I'm proud of each and every transfer coming to GSU. I honestly don't think in the future seasons we will morph into "transfer U", but I do think (as someone else mentioned) we will be accepting a few 1A guys each season.

I don't fault a quality player who has no chance of playing at 1A level wanting to transfer some place to play football... I certainly don't want those guys all going elsewhere rather than GSU because we "don't take transfers"....

This should be one "weird" year for us... Our GSU Eagle football team could wind up being REAL BAD, or REAL GOOD.... :beerchug:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

WMTribe90
June 29th, 2006, 04:20 PM
I could understand the need to bring in offensive players suited to the new offense, but I also count five defensive transfers. Unless some players left with the coaching change I'm not sure how you can justify five defensive transfers in one year. I agree with Kill'em too, you really risk upsetting team chemistry bringing in that many transfers.

:smiley_wi

Hey, I gotta take my shots now, I have a feeling GSU won't be "down" for long.

GaSouthern
June 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think after the NDSU game everyone in the country will know what to expect, before that I think its gonna be a ongoing guessing game.

Laserlips
June 29th, 2006, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=WMTribe90]I could understand the need to bring in offensive players suited to the new offense, but I also count five defensive transfers. Unless some players left with the coaching change I'm not sure how you can justify five defensive transfers in one year. I agree with Kill'em too, you really risk upsetting team chemistry bringing in that many transfers.

WMTribe90:

Last season our achilles heel WAS the defense... BVG's forte' is apparently "defense", and it's no surprise he is trying to shore up the defense for the oncoming season.

I think a lot of GSU supporters (myself included) hoped that BVG would come into Paulson with the idea of improving the defense, figuring out some way for GSU to have at least the "threat" of a passing game, and improving the conditioning of the players. Very few of us were happy about discarding the 3/0 but BVG is being paid the big bucks to take GSU UP the ladder of success rather than having our Eagles continue to slip further DOWN the same ladder....

Another thing.. Tentative play calling and poor team discipline were problems with the prior coaching staff.. I don't think that will be a problem with BVG.

If the massive changes bring about success for GSU then BVG will be hearlded the second coming of "ERK". At GSU we love to win. If all of the changes do not bring about improved play then BVG will have a "for sale" sign in his yard much quicker than he might at another University.

I think BVG will be given a very small window of time in which to show his plan is indeed good for GSU. I hope it is. I don't care if we use the 3/0 or the "hokey pokey" as long as we win.

I'm personally very excited about the upcoming season. I would be very surprised if our Eagles were competitive right out of the gate.. If nothing else it will be great not to have to watch the wx channel before each game praying for it not to rain....

It's just a game. But it's a GREAT game! :hurray:

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

ButlerGSU
June 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Statesboro and Savannah both have plenty of nice places to stay.

You are welcome to tailgate with us, PM me prior to the game. I'm certain the RED FLAG tailgate will also welcome you with open arms. See you this fall!

gasoutherneagle
June 29th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Quite frankly, with all that has gone on this transitional season, I'll be happy to "just miss" the playoffs.

HOWEVER...:smiley_wi

BVG is a man needing little introduction. With UGA (who I hate with a passion), he built an SEC title-winning defense. I trust that the defensive transfers are slated for positions needing improvement under his system.

At first, the idea of scraping the triple (and more) option offense, scared the hell out of me. But, I have to go back to a time 25 years ago, when another title-winning defensive coordinator from UGA decided to come to Statesboro. ;)

GSU Eagle
June 29th, 2006, 10:07 PM
As a GSU fan I hope this year will see us in the playoffs again. But I am realistic enough to know that this year will be a transition year in many ways. While I have never been a fan of bringing in lots of transfers it probably was unavoidable for this year, particularly on offense. I know we have brought in a number on defense as well to try to strengthen what to me was a very weak defense last year. I believe BVG knows the pressure is on him to win and win soon. After all we fired a coach who had us in the playoffs. So BVG is trying to ensure at least a playoff team in his first year.

I am willing to give BVG the benefit of the doubt at this point. I hope we don't get to the point where we are bringing in 10-15 transfers every year and I really don't expect that to be the case.

From what I have heard BVG has put discipline back into the program and that is a good thing. I just hope it will translate into wins this year. We could go anywhere from probably 10-1 to 6-5 this year, but 7 home games will certainly stack the odds in BVG's favor.

DemiGS
June 30th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Dear lord, I got flamed for saying over and over the last few years that Sewak ran a sloppy program. GSU is changing everything about the team this year (defense, offense, coaching, and players). I don't expect a playoff, but I do expect discipline. My best friend in college played on the OL during the late PJ and early Sewak years. He predicted the change right away. Even practices under Sewak were grab ass affairs. He certainly didn't control the team, and his coaching/ play calling where even more suspect.

Let’s give BVG a chance. If he can produce better Student athletes then he will be much better then the last staff in my opinion

Kill'em
June 30th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I could understand the need to bring in offensive players suited to the new offense, but I also count five defensive transfers. Unless some players left with the coaching change I'm not sure how you can justify five defensive transfers in one year. I agree with Kill'em too, you really risk upsetting team chemistry bringing in that many transfers.

:smiley_wi

Hey, I gotta take my shots now, I have a feeling GSU won't be "down" for long.
This is very fitting.

One thing people don't realize is we lost a lot off the defense. All four DB's finished their eligibility as did the MLB. I also think one or two off the defensive line also finished their eligibility. Also, Brian Kranz, a defensive tackle, had to "retire" due to injury. BVG likes big linemen and ours went only 260 per man so he wanted to beef it up because offenses pushed us all over the field last year.

blueballs
June 30th, 2006, 03:08 PM

Defensively I would imagine Grace and Jackson will both start at CB, Kearney will likely start at LB, Daniel will likely start at DT. When you consider that former starting DE Shaheen Soloman will return from injury and former starting LB Devron Jefferson returns from grade imposed exile the defense looks to be very much improved over the beleaguered group of 2005 both in terms of depth and number of playmakers. Kearney will be a star, just watch.

Offensively Lewis is surely the frontrunner at RB, I would think Clark will be the QB, Williams and Herrera will both be in the rotation but might not start, I would think that McIntosh and Campbell will both contribute big too.

My gut tells me that there will be a learning curve as we break in so many new faces on offense and learn a new system. I could see as a worst case scenario what happened with UD during Keeler's first year, which was a talented team adjusting to a new system with new players and losing some real close frustrating games- perhaps underachieving given the talent level- then putting it all together the next year. On the other hand GSU's o-line can still run block and Lewis is really good (just wait, I've seen him play) and with 7 home games they might be
able to pile up wins through the adjustment period.

If GSU gets through the first four games with one loss or less look out. The talent level in the program is very high and this is a group that nobody will want any part of by the end of the year and will be downright scary in 2007.

youwouldno
July 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM
Montana takes down the Big Sky with transfers, but the SoCon can't be won that way. Ask UTC. If GSU wins it won't be because they got some I-A players who couldn't get playing time at the BCS or mid-major I-A level.

I think the transfers will add to their depth and boost a weak defense. Ultimately the existing players will have to adapt to the new system for the team to beat top I-AA competition.

Baldy
July 1st, 2006, 12:52 AM
Montana takes down the Big Sky with transfers, but the SoCon can't be won that way. Ask UTC. If GSU wins it won't be because they got some I-A players who couldn't get playing time at the BCS or mid-major I-A level.

I think the transfers will add to their depth and boost a weak defense. Ultimately the existing players will have to adapt to the new system for the team to beat top I-AA competition.
The problem is that the transfers UTC brings in are usually thugs who are down to their last chance. Many of them don't even see the field because of it.

seantaylor
July 1st, 2006, 02:19 AM
Not to mention, the transfers UTC brings in have no where near the pedigree that these guys do. BVG recruited these guys hard out of high school.